Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Suckerman7 GM
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: A Mario Fan
Current Project: Super Mario & the Star Prisms (WIP), also making levels and writing lores.
Chat Username: Suckerman7 GM

Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:59 am

(Placeholder, when a logo is made, it will be posted here)

Welcome everybody, to the official thread of my SMBX project: Super Mario & the Star Prisms! One of my main inspirations while making concepts of this project is a fangame called Power Star Frenzy, made by "RANDOM.NICK". Now without further ado, let's begin to talk about the project:

GENERAL INFO:

- Super Mario & the Star Prisms is an ambitious project made in SMBX 2.0 which is basically the remake of Super Mario & 7 Grand Stars, one of my first projects that was never finished, but ingame concepts will be used regardless.

- This project will contain 9 worlds that will contain more than 10 levels each, which might exceed the amount of levels up to near 100. But of course, this project will not be a solo project; I will be looking for some level designers, beta testers, spriters for certain stuff I might need it done and of course, a logo designer!

- But the game will not end at defeating the final boss! There are going to be post-game content, like stages that are scrapped from the story but will return as individual stages, a boss rush and even 100 Pit of Trials-styled level planned! (Of course at the end of each demo, there will be some teasers of future levels which will only contain 1 star each, as they will be WIP)

STORY:

Mushroom World is in great danger again! Bowser had teamed up with a mysterious hooded person, and they have destroyed stellar altars which were the homes of Star Prisms, that were also snatched and guarded by Bowser's elite minions! Their goal is to break the seal of Prismatic Gate, which is a barrier in between the reality and a realm of discord and chaos. If opened, not only the Mushroom World but the entire universe will be shrouded in chaos and anarchy! It is up to our heroic brothers, along with their allies to stop Bowser and his ally to use the stars for their own good!

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS:

There are going to be 3-4 playable characters which will be added as game progresses as well:

- Mario
- Luigi
- Wario/Waluigi (Likely to be added in a later demo/update, but will be added)
- Toad (Not sure yet)

WORLDS: (+Progress Chart)

This project will feature a worldmap, but it won't be like any other games with worldmaps! The worldmaps will be fully accessible, with choosing whichever level you want to play at any order! But some levels will be locked, which will require a sufficient amount of Power Stars or will require a secret exit to access! Here is the planned world list: (Also there is a progress chart of the project, you can take a look at it and claim unclaimed levels and ask questions about certain planned stuff as well)
Spoiler: show
World 1: Viridian Grasslands (Grass-themed World, has 3 subsections) (Current Progress: 9/13)
World 2: Dryrock Dunes (Desert-themed World) (Current Progress: 0/???)
World 3: Tropical Beach Island (Beach/Underwater-themed World) (Current Progress: 0/???)
World 4: Shivering Snowlands (Snow/Mountain-themed World) (Current Progress: 0/???)
World 5: Sylvan Woods (Forest/Jungle-themed World) (Current Progress: 0/???)
World 6: Ghastly Graveyard (Graveyard-themed World) (Current Progress: 0/???)
World 7: Volcanic Lavalands (Lava-themed World) (Current Progress: 0/???)
World 8: Restless Metropolis (City/Techno-themed World) (Current Progress: 0/???)
World 9: The Prism Trials (Mixed, one level per theme) (Current Progress: 0/9)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

BOSSES:

What would a project be without bosses? This project will feature a bunch of Mario's old foes as well some new foes! Here are the ones that are planned and concepted:
- Petey Piranha (World 1: Mid-Boss)
- Reznor (World 1: Mini-Boss)
- Goomboss (World 1: Mini-Boss)
- King Bob-Omb (World 1: Boss)
- Tutankoopa (World 2: Boss)
- Gooper Blooper (World 3: Boss)
- Crystal King (World 4: Boss)
- Naval Piranha (World 5: Boss)
- King Boo (World 6: Boss)
- Bowser (World 7: Boss)
- ??? (World 8: Boss)
- ??? (World 9: Boss/Final Boss)

PROJECT TEAM:

Like I said earlier, this project will NOT be a solo project! I'll be looking for various people to support me in this project, in terms of level design, custom sprites for some concepts, and even some Lunalua codes that would be useful! Here are the spots for each position:
LEVEL DESIGNERS: (Currently looking for some!)

- Suckerman7 GM (Me)
- KlickyMario321+
- (empty)
- (empty)
- (empty)

BETA TESTERS: (Currently looking for some!)

- DarkFluo74
- (empty)
- (empty)
- (empty)
- (empty)

SPRITERS: (Currently looking for some!)

- (empty)
- (empty)
- (empty)
- (empty)
- (empty)

CODERS: (Currently looking for some!)

- (empty)
- (empty)
- (empty)
- (empty)
- (empty)

LOGO/SIGNATURE DESIGNER (Currently looking for!)

- (empty)

SCREENSHOTS:

Here are some screenshots of the levels that will appear in this project: (Since Imgur and this forum's image addon doesn't work for me, I'll be sending links from Google Photos)

DOWNLOAD LINK:

The download link for the first demo will be released some time this week, stay tuned! As always, join the Discord server to access the demo earlier than here.

DISCORD SERVER LINK:

This project will have a Discord server for easy communication! All the team members and even non-team people can join and watch the progress from there if you don't look at forums too much. (Of course there will be progress measures in here for people that doesn't have Discord too, you guys are not forgotten! :D )
That is all for now.
Last edited by Suckerman7 GM on Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 14 times in total.

DarkFluo74
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: Everything is vine
Current Project: Super Mario Bros --- The Other Kingdom
Chat Username: DarkFluo

Re: Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby DarkFluo74 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:39 am

That looks great ! The levels are very nice, the story's awesome, I'll be following the progress of this episode, this looks great ! Also if you need beta-testers, I can help you !
^^^ Go check this it looks AWESOME ^^^
It is made by YoshiSuperstar so seriously, go ! It's awesome !

Suckerman7 GM
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Super Mario & the Star Prisms (WIP), also making levels and writing lores.

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 am

DarkFluo74 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:39 am
That looks great ! The levels are very nice, the story's awesome, I'll be following the progress of this episode, this looks great ! Also if you need beta-testers, I can help you !
Thanks for the reply! Beta testers are always welcome here. If you have a Discord, you can join the project server and you'll be given a role for beta testing. Welcome to the team, friend!

Suckerman7 GM
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:50 am

Edit to the recent post: (News about the project)

Since there weren't much votes were done, I have decided to release the first demo after I finish my own levels for World 1. (Which will contain 9 levels and a worldmap hopefully)

Also, still looking for team members for extra help! Either PM me through the forums or join the project's Discord server to get whichever role you want. I'll be waiting! :D

Return to “Projects”