This is the place for video games!
Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

The Last of Us Part 2

Postby Aero » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:45 pm

I've been waiting to see this for years. Super exciting. I can't wait to see what they do for multiplayer or any side stories.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: super mario timeline
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Re: The Last of Us Part 2

Postby Rhosty » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:30 pm

This one looks like it'll be even better than Part 1. I'm getting hyped to play it...

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:55 pm

It's outbreak day so there's some more neat stuff regarding Part 2 https://www.thelastofus.playstation.com/outbreakday

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:15 am

I hope its not one of those rushed sequels, but I'm sure they'll take their time with it.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:31 pm

They started working it pretty much since the original launched. There's also not going to be a multiplayer with the main game because they wanted to focus on the campaign. It looks really polished from what they've shown so far. The only thing I'm kind of worried about is if they have underwhelming AI again, and what's been shown is mostly scripted like the original's E3 demo was.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:31 pm

The release was pushed to May for more polish: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10 ... s4-in-may/

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:32 pm

Aero wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:31 pm
The release was pushed to May for more polish: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10 ... s4-in-may/
Already read about it on Twitter a while ago

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:17 am

Well its glad that they are taking their time to finish it, Red Dead Redemption 2 had a lot of time put into it and it turned out amazing.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:48 am

Alright so I finished the story on Moderate difficulty. The AI was just like it was in the trailers and not underwhelming at all. Non-infected enemies do consistently refer to each other by name, the combat (except for melee imo) is very solid. The infected enemies are much more of a threat which is great. The only problems I have with the game are the box art and marketing. The trailers go beyond usual deceptive editing and outright lie about the story which really messed with expectations in an underhanded way. There's a reason why around half way through the game there's a review embargo and it did lead to a lot of disappointment and frustration for some, but for me it just made me anxious if the game was going to be ruined and also ruin part 1's story. In my opinion the first half is good, there's a drop off half way, and then things start picking up again just before 3/4 through the game. I think the ending was appropriate and is a good complement to the original. I'm also glad that the game is extremely accessible to people that would have needed assistance playing the original. It's really a shame it is getting so much hate, and review bombs. I get why people don't like the story, and there's a lot of respectful criticism of the game but there's so much disrespect for other opinions and the work put into making the game.

I'm still trying to evaluate my complete feelings on it, but for now I'd say Part 2 isn't comparable to Part 1 because a good job was done in making them two opposites into one whole. A lot of people were saying they felt "empty" after it and I have to agree. In Part 1 when you reach the final chapters a very similar feeling is there. There was a lot of debate over Part 1's ending and Part 2 seems way more divisive. I posted my comments on Part 1 in a Discord server, because it really ties into Part 2's story and end:
Spoiler: show
The reason I think Joel is the hero and not the anti-hero or villain is because of very crucial details about the end, and the story that was told before throughout the game. Joel's daughter was pointlessly killed by a non-infected person. Joel is described on the box as someone with few moral lines left to cross. And what never gets addressed about the story is that Marlene has been reduced to relying on him and Tess, smugglers, to get Ellie to the Fireflies. Ellie didn't want to leave Marlene to go with Joel, it's human trafficking, and every time until the very end of the game you only see dead or infected Fireflies. On top of that you encounter group after group of people that aren't infected that are ruthless and just shoot on sight to see if you have rags or ammo. You encounter cannibals. You also encounter people like Bill who have adapted, and Tommy is doing so well he has a whole community - that gets attacked by roaming bandits - which is what the main theme of the story is: life goes on, people have adapted and shown what they're capable of. When you get to the Fireflies at the end, they do not wait for Ellie to wake up and consent to the surgery. She had no idea how the cure was extracted, and they were going to perform a fatal surgery on her. It wasn't for Marlene to decide, and it is true that it wasn't for Joel to decide either, but the events escalated to where he needed to make his way to the surgery room and kill the surgeon to rescue Ellie. The game ends with Joel lying to Ellie about what happened because at this point Joel sees Ellie like a daughter to be protected. Joel did a lot of bad things since the outbreak, but saving Ellie and a lie, as big as it was, isn't nearly the worst of it. Part II doesn't do this framing but Joel does say he would do it all over again despite the strained relationship with Ellie and Ellie's reactions to it through the game are just perfect.
Part 1 and Part 2 are special to me so my opinion on them is biased. I hope The Last of Us concludes with Part 2, and if anything else in that universe has a story to be told imo it shouldn't be Part 3. That's basically my thoughts on it for right now.

P4VL0VSKEY
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Fortnite
Current Project: Better than doing Translation of SMBX

Postby P4VL0VSKEY » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 pm

I still don't understand, why Ellie didn't kill Abby

Idunn
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Robotic
Current Project: Super Mario Forces Timeline
Chat Username: Name you never find

Postby Idunn » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:55 am

So today I found out, that the Voice Acor of Abby aka Laura Bailey is now getting death threats because reasons in the game.

Some people say it’s okay that she gets them, because she and others called people bots.
You might not agree with what she said and that she called people bots, but that’s not a reason to say or act like it’s okay that people are sending her death threats and saying shit like they will kill her family and kids.

I don’t believe that what she shared is fake, because it’s not unusual that certain voice actors get these messages. Same happened back with the voice actor of Micah in RDR2 because spoiler reasons, and the VA of Rose back in Last Jedi and even Rey who ended up deleting any social media’s because of that.

This is why I don’t go on Social Media like I used to before, people don’t seem to know what is reality and what is just a game or movie they just blindly follow the Bandwagon Train to act cool and tough because haha do funny.
Things i support!
ImageImage

P4VL0VSKEY
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby P4VL0VSKEY » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:57 am

Idunn wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:55 am
So today I found out, that the Voice Acor of Abby aka Laura Bailey is now getting death threats because reasons in the game.

Some people say it’s okay that she gets them, because she and others called people bots.
You might not agree with what she said and that she called people bots, but that’s not a reason to say or act like it’s okay that people are sending her death threats and saying shit like they will kill her family and kids.

I don’t believe that what she shared is fake, because it’s not unusual that certain voice actors get these messages. Same happened back with the voice actor of Micah in RDR2 because spoiler reasons, and the VA of Rose back in Last Jedi and even Rey who ended up deleting any social media’s because of that.

This is why I don’t go on Social Media like I used to before, people don’t seem to know what is reality and what is just a game or movie they just blindly follow the Bandwagon Train to act cool and tough because haha do funny.
That's so uncool :shock: :cry:

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:25 pm

A lot of the team have been getting death threats unfortunately. I don't know the context around her bots comment, but these types of people should never be acknowledged.

P4VL0VSKEY
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby P4VL0VSKEY » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:47 pm

Aero wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:25 pm
A lot of the team have been getting death threats unfortunately. I don't know the context around her bots comment, but these types of people should never be acknowledged.
In my opinion fans and haters who sent them death threats think, that these people (voice actors) are the same in real life like in the game. We need to remember, that is only a game and these people can like or dislike their acted characters.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Yup, it's just a game. I loved it and others didn't. Death threats are never okay. I think the actors gave a great performance. Ashley Johnson did not disappoint, and Troy Baker as well. I wasn't the biggest fan of Abby at first, but Laura Bailey did great with her character and so did Ian Alexander as Lev. They aren't there characters though, Troy is a good VA but that doesn't mean his hot take tweets are good, and Ian is apparently very online. They aren't their character roles lol.

Anyway, I'm on my second playthrough and I've noticed some things I missed during my first run as far as the story goes. There's a good amount of subtle details that can be 100% missed and that's great.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 am

Permadeath trailer is out and I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand it's a good challenge, but on the other hand it'd be a huge pain because of bullshit deaths in a 30 hour game full of one hit kill enemies, and fall damage being an insta-kill.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:44 pm

Aero wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 am
Permadeath trailer is out and I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand it's a good challenge, but on the other hand it'd be a huge pain because of bullshit deaths in a 30 hour game full of one hit kill enemies, and fall damage being an insta-kill.
At the same time, completing permadeath mode will surely be really satisfying. Super hard to beat due to only having one life but if and when you do beat it, congrats, you're a pro at this game.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Yeah that's true. There's options for it to be per chapter or per day so that sounds more reasonable. Chapters are about an hour and the days are about 3-5. They have to be played all the way through though because quitting starts it over. It's good for the speedrunning community though, and they added seconds to the in game timer which they were hoping for. It's a good enough update, it's got something for everyone and the new difficulties are not required for platinum which is nice.

Return to “Video Games”