- You should not have said that nurse has not claimed in public chat, that gave mafia a plan for using the bartender. Instead something better would’ve been I have not received a blue claim.
This was to lure the bartender thus giving me more chances to find a green.
In that case it would have been better to wait until the nurse died or lie that deputy hasnt claimed when they in fact already. Since an earlier claim wouldve been a lot more believable. Part of ideas in mafia is basically when you do it also.
Player Analysis Blues ShadowStarX
- The fyrenova lynch could have been more along the lines he’s most inactive currently so let’s lynch him rather than meta-gaming reasons, but I’ll ignore that for rating since he was lynched for inactivity by the rest of the town and it didn’t impact the game that much
- You did a phenomenal job pretending you weren’t a special role but offering yourself for the jester and getting Flatkiwi to act like that doctor was inactive.
- You also were basically the lead of the town alliance and managed to carry it through the game
- Moreover, one night you managed to get 2 mafia killed through manipulating the SK to switch their kill and making an agreement along with Flatkiwi to have the Jester kill mosaic
- In essence you locked a win for town 2 entire cycles before the game ended due to the SK switch. computerfan0
- You did a good job within the town alliance just talking about to kill and making decision
- You also correctly informed the town alliance that Oshi was not killed after the shot
- I feel like you could have contributed more in general chat, but ah well. FlatKiwi
- You did a good job setting forth the town alliance and participating to the discussion
- I don’t know exactly why you went on alert night 2 except to avoid an RNG kill.
- You also helped incorporate The Thwomp King into town alliance so that’s a plus LGLMaking
- You did a good job as the sheriff incorporating ShadowStarX into discussions after you inspected
- You also followed along town alliance and payed attention to the discussion
- I feel like you were way too reliant on the alliance need, but it’s your first game as a blue, and should just improve working more stuff on your own so it’s more fun that way TheHelmetGuy
- You were the dissector and claimed to FlatKiwi at some point after no counterclaims came up
- You also had good dissection choices by gauging what town was talking about and without input from a town alliance.
- Shame you literally didn’t get to use your role’s ability at all. Radiance
- You have died night 1 so you really could not do anything during the game
- You memed to have someone visit you which could have attracted doctor also not only SK.
- That means planning to go on alert could’ve backfired immediately also, so neutral rating
- You were a townsperson and contributed to chat this round and stayed fairly active
- Thank you for playing, also not much happened except that you voted for dawnfire Sancles
- You did fine as a townsperson as you were active enough during the game
- Your goal was to both get dawnfire lynched for being shady and direct a kill to you. TayCamGame
- You participated in town chat and were fairly active during it and contributed to the discussion
- I appreciate you being active and as a result helping the game run smoothly there Novarender
- You have died night 1 so you really could not do anything during the game, so neutral rating Saltlord
- I have a feeling that throughout the entire game that you were just kind of there
- You contributed to town discussions when you felt you had something to say at the very end Dawnfire
- You had a plan to fake being jester and gauge how people react to it during the game
- I appreciate you attempting new strategies but I have no idea how that was going to work
Mafia and Third Party TheThwompKing
- You wanted to play as a town-sided jester so I’ll gauge this analysis based off of that
- You made a deal with town alliance to let them in and also allow you to be lynched in exchange for a non town alliance kill.
- You also pretended you were the SK and mafia actually picked up that they thought you were the Serial Killer somehow.
- Pretending you were SK allowed the mafia to basically avoid targeting you
- And allowed you to basically set yourself to win halfway throughout the game. Davide
- You did a good job within your team contributing your input into discussions
- You also did a fairly good job evading suspicion until the literal endgame of the fourth game. Mosaic
- You did a good job within your team contributing your input into discussions
- You also did a good job coming up with really creative plans and it’s just a shame that they really never had the chance to execute because some of them would be really good
- You also did a fairly good job evading suspicion until the endgame of the fourth game.
- Your suspicions for what you thought made sense and basically you just got outplayed SAStar
- In essence, probably the same exact review as Mosaic except that you used your role in logical ways that made sense as a confusion target for town and delayed it one phase to avoid graverobber-janitor shenanigans Oshi
- You did a a fairly good job with your kill targets and evading suspicion throughout the game
- You basically were kind of screwed out endgame due to a vigilante kill attempt
- It’s good that you were only suspected near the end of the game and didn’t blow your cover
- You were also outplayed by the town alliance so there’s that going for it. FyreNova
- You honestly did fine this game as you were voted for a really bad reason and you really were not afforded the opportunity this game to receive the chance to do anything so neutral rating
- The only main issue in your game was that you didn’t cooperate with your teammates as well when they asked to snipevote, not that I think it would have mattered that much
- Besides that you really did not have a huge impact on the game so neutral rating
Best Plays of Mafia 4
1. ShadowStarX’s SK redirection
- Based on a hunch, SSX told town alliance to try to shoot Oshi during the night
- As a result, town alliance figured out that Oshi was SK early into the game
- Oshi was planning on killing ShadowStarX on night 4, but plans went awry
- ShadowStarX made a compelling argument that nudged Oshi towards killing mafia
- As a result 2 mafia died in one night instead of him and this set a guaranteed win for town four phases before the game ended since town was planning on inspecting SAStar next
Last edited by Eclipsed on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- You were the dissector and claimed to FlatKiwi at some point after no counterclaims came up
- You also had good dissection choices by gauging what town was talking about and without input from a town alliance.
- Shame you literally didn’t get to use your role’s ability at all.
Why is Helmet under the Townspeople category and not the Blues category?
yaaaaaaawn Huh? Oh. Hi. I'm SAStar. ...I don't do stuff here much. Here's some random color text.
Oshi, The Doctor
- Didn't want to protect Eclipsed Night 1 as you considered him incompetent (dunno what to say yet)
- was rather inactive throughout the game.
- Though they got in contact with Bird late on in the game, still didn’t exactly do much and just followed Bird’s lead.
Sastaryu, A Townsperson - Had generally been active and did...stuff throughout the game, nothing exactly notable though.
Davide, A Townsperson - Died night 1, not much to say
_FyreNova, A Townsperson
- You did things I guess.
Eclipse, A Townsperson
- Claiming Sheriff Night 1, while risky, was still a smart plan to get arsonist to waste a douse, however, they kinda saw through this and didn't end up dousing you.
- Also, switching around your inspection results wasn't really the smartest move and hurt your credibility among the townspeople.
- However, it still ended up working out as your goal (I presume) was to take attention off of the real sheriff, which in that regard, that was a smart move.
- Was able to confirm the masons with a strategy involving the vig, which was another well done move as well.
- Also fake a bartender fakeclaim to confuse the mafia further, not a bad move either.
- Pretty much acted as the Town and Alliance leader up until he died.
Mech, The Vigilante
- You took a risk with shooting Eclipsed Night 2, which to that I don't exactly blame you, but it failed as Oshi also protected Eclipsed ontop of this.
- Claimed Vig to confirm why Eclipsed was targeted, not actually the worst move as Mafia hit a night-immune and therefore people would have assumed otherwise he was hit by mafia.
- Overall pretty good performance.
Dawn, A Townsperson
- Counterclaimed Eclipsed as he had contact with the real sheriff and viewed Eclipsed as scum because of that, which is understandable, simply didn't see Eclipsed strategy there.
- Kept attention off of the real sheriff along with Eclipsed, good job on that.
- Confused the Mafia and tricked arsonist into eventually wasting a douse, good play.
Helmet, The Amnesiac
- Generally inactive for most of the game, and almost lost on night 4 before mafia switched targets last minute, but it still worked out.
- But really didn’t contribute much at all in general both before and after taking after mech.
Taycamgame, The Arsonist
- Good job outplaying Eclipsed's early sheriff fakeclaim and dousing someone else.
- Played pretty well throughout the game and never really made any bad plays.
- odds weren't in his favor as mafia kept killing his douse targets unintentionally.
- Tried making an alliance with mafia toward the end of the game, despite it ultimately being meaningless considering the alliance at that point in the game.
- Made however what could have been a bad move on Day 5 by vote shifting a bunch especially given one of his reasons was basically player bias, however, given it wasn’t important to the outcome, didn’t affect things much at all.
Saltlord, the Bartender
- Played pretty decently, but there's not much notable to bring up, in general didn’t play bad, there just wasn’t much that could be done about your situation by the end of the game.
LGL, The Nightrider
- Can't think of too many notable things immediately, you did and the team did what mafia would normally do if they found a potential TP, not sure what to say.
- Made a slip-up which indicted him, not really good…
- Was also kinda reluctant at helping out his teammates due to not liking his role.
SSX, A Mason
- Didn’t talk with Pasya much.
- Claimed immediately when suspected, in a way, it worked out, as if you waited, it would have looked like a last resort defense as a mafia possibly.
- But didn't immediately reveal their ally, which was a good move on your part.
- Was in general active for the first half of the game, but kinda fell off in the second.
Computerfan, The Millwright
- Made a bad move saying aloud that they were attacked last night, which ultimately lead to his lynching.
- And also mainly just memed the whole game instead of contributing.
- You also then fakeclaimed arsonist out of anger, which really wasn't a good move on your part and just sealed your fate at that point.
Jordan, The Voteblocker
- Played okay, but kinda picked vote targets randomly, and also was rather inactive ontop of this, not much notable.
Bird, the REAL Sheriff
- Good job not publicly counterclaiming Eclipsed and instead laying low when he did, shows you've learned from M27 on Minigame Plaza.
- In general, kept close contact with the alliance and made good decisions in regards to inspection targets and managed to stay hidden for pretty much the entire game ontop of that.
Pasya, A Mason
- Pretty inactive, not much notable to be brought up.
Best Plays Of The Game The Entirety Of The Dawn+Eclipsed Sheriff Fakeclaim Ordeal: Though Eclipsed wasn’t exactly the most trustworthy, it can be said for sure that thanks to Eclipsed starting what he did the first night of the game, this really worked out for the town in the long run, by getting the arsonist to waste a douse on him, in conjunction with Bird laying low in all of this happen, it confused both the Mafia and TP alot, and contributed to the fact that all the specials survived for as long as they did.
Each Team Overall Mafia Overall
To be frank, the mafia had a rather mediocre performance, while they didn’t really play badly for the most part(other than one specific instance). They didn’t exactly do anything notable in the grand scheme of the game that you’d normally do in a mafia game, and in the end saw that the town’s victory was inevitable given their situation.
In general was a pretty mixed bag, several players played really good, the doctor and sheriff stayed very well hidden for pretty much the entire game while a handful of players were active despite not making many notable plays while some were straight up inactive and barely spoke. One player even fake claimed a scum role, which was really not a good move and only served to confuse the town further than they already were. In general, the town was so all over the map to the point where one can’t really be drawn when judging it overall.
Third Parties Overall
The third parties were pretty much polar opposites in regards to how they played. The Arsonist, in general, played pretty well, they didn’t immediately fall for Eclipsed’s bait to get arsonist to waste a douse, and along with this was able to stay very well hidden for most of the game, only being found out due to the alliance narrowing them down through confirmations and such.
The Amnesiac, however, was very inactive for the entire game, both before and after taking after the vigilante’s role, really didn’t contribute much, nearly lost the game night 4 by not taking after the Mason the previous day phase, though they ended up taking a win, it was mainly thanks to being carried by their teammates.
My Personal Thoughts
Overall, other than one early game incident, I’d say this game went pretty well, people actually talked and discussed where it counted. A lot of game discussion went on behind the scenes, and overall, not many people really made any kind of bad plays that screwed over their respective teams in a severe manner. And along with this, unlike in alot of other games, the town actually made an alliance in a way that felt earned and wasn’t just a procedure that boiled down to “role claims, other roles claim to it, follow everything alliance says, or die” which is a gameplay style I really wish to see go given how much is been overdone at this point in the mafia community. I hope to continue to see unique and interesting games play out in manners like this going forward and in general, if people keep playing games in a way that mixes things up, it’ll keep this community fresh and alive and I’d say will be around awhile, so hopely we can see that going into next game’s host signups this weekend! See you there!
Az, The Deciever
- You said it yourself, your fakeclaim should not have worked, but yet it did, and as a result, you gained the town’s trust for pretty much the entirety of the game, avoided getting lynched, and even got the town to think Mech was Deciever when they were in reality the real dissector.
- Though this really helped lead your team to victory, it honestly wasn’t that impressive on either end as town activity, or more of, inactivity was the bigger reason for this.
- However you were generally still active with your teammates behind the scenes as well as in the town chat so there is that to commend.
LGL, The Consigiliere
- Didn’t really do too much notable throughout the game and mainly followed with what his teammates asked and generally stayed hidden, though this was honestly more a result of town inactivity and mafia pretty much controlling the game, so yeah.
TTK, The Trickster
- Was generally active in discussing the mafia plans throughout the game and did a good job overall of stay hidden.
- Was in general pretty active and made contributions to their team where they could.
Pasya, The Guard
- Was VERY inactive for pretty much the entirety of when they were alive, not submitting their action even once, only showing up once to place a vote, which was the very thing that lead to them being lynched off.
- A rule of thumb when playing mafia is, if you’re going to join, actually play, ESPECIALLY if you’re an important role.
Kirby, The Doctor
- Yet another special that was very inactive and needed constant reminders to be active.
- Made a bad move when he did use his ability in healing FYRENOVA for some reason night 3, when it was clear it should have been his priority to heal who seemed more important to the town, instead of someone VERY unlikely to be targeted.
- And then when getting lynched at the end of the game, also didn’t do anything about it(though I won’t hold things too hard in this case given that you may have had irl things going on, idk)
Mech, the REAL Dissector
- Like all the other specials, was notoriously inactive throughout the game, needing to be constantly reminded alot to submit their actions(though to be fair, they had a couple times they submitted without reminder).
- When it was very clear that not only did Az fakeclaim his role and did he know about it, but ontop of this, Bounty Hunter was dead therefore there wasn’t a danger of that coming up, decides to NOT counterclaim him, even though it was very clear, town trusted Az due to lack of counterclaim.
- This is onto of the fact that counterclaiming wouldn’t have even been a bad idea given that mafia killing him for counterclaiming wouldn’t be smart given as all roles that could nightkill the town other than mafia were confirmed dead at this point, and if mafia nightkilled him, it would have confirmed that Az IS NOT THE DISSECTOR, but because of not counterclaiming combined with Town’s gullibleness, this lead to them believing they were the Deceiver, something that was just mechanically impossible.
Bird, The Graduate
- Now, I gotta be fair for a moment, you actually DID try to get in contact with some people after you took after Pasya and used their action one single time, and on my end, that was my bad that Az didn’t have me friended and therefore I couldn’t set the thing up, however, I’ll be honest, if your intent was CLAIMING to Az, you’d probably be red given how clear it was that Az being Dissector was a lie, if it wasn’t however and was more of an interrogation thing, you’d most likely be green, but given I don’t know, this is the rating i’m giving you.
- This is also because of the fact that up until you took up Pasya’s role, you weren’t all that too active.
Saltlord, The Creditor
- While no notable plays immediately come to mind, it can still be commended that you were one of the few players who actually were somewhat active in the spawn of the game, and ontop of this, didn’t blindly follow Az’s claim, and rightfully so, it wasn’t trustworthy in the slightest.
Jordan, A Townsperson
- Was sorta there...and inactive...yeah...that’s all I have to say.
Computerfan, A Townsperson
- Once again, was very inactive and didn’t do much.
Davide, A Townsperson
- Was in general very inactive.
- However, they were planning to bring up Az as a suspect on Day 4 before being killed the night before, rip.
Fyrenova, A Townsperson
“Once again, was very inactive and didn’t do much.”
Sastar, A Townsperson
- Sucks that you got taken out night 1, you probably would have actually been active unlike pretty much the entirety of the town in this game, if SSX had been the night 1 target instead, maybe the game would have went different.
Taycamgame, The Slum
- Was one of the few people that were actually active, however, in this activity, acted as a MASSIVE liability to the town.
- Not only did they fully believe Az’s claim past mild suspicion that honestly should have been alot stronger than it actually was, but pretty much all the stars aligned to show Az was lying, from things like Graduate being unaware until a special dies when no specials were, to Az switching up his claim, to Az also claiming that some who was NIGHTKILLED with bounty hunter dead was mafia were all things that should have been really easy to see through yet he didn’t.
- And as a result of this, encouraged the specials to do things like protect Az despite how obvious it was that he wasn’t on their side.
- This is in combination with the fact that you also got two specials lynched, though to be fair in that regard, inactivity was more of the issue combined with you not knowing they were specials, so this isn’t really a bad thing.
ShadowStarX, The Bounty Hunter
- Was rather inactive throughout the game, only submitting one action, though ironically they visited their target night 1, so there’s that.
Best Plays Of The Game
None, absolutely none, the game in general was so much of a ghost town that there’s not much notable to say, there was no insane bluffs, no massive risks taken, not much deducing on what people’s roles are, none of that, so yeah…instead, let’s make this:
Best Worst Plays Of The Game Az’s Claim and Everything Based Around It: Not only was it a bad move on Az’s part to try to claim a role that isn’t aware until a special dies to begin with, but what’s even worse is how the active players, specifically Taycam reacted to it. Most people that were active and town sided just shrugged it off, ignored it, didn’t notice it, or were just inactive, and as a result Az pretty much was able to control the town as another thing was this.
Wasn’t it the least bit suspicious the mafia didn’t even try to target Az ONCE? Apparently not to the town, and perhaps if the real Dissector counterclaimed as they even KNEW they claimed their role, everything could have went differently.
Teams Overall Mafia Overall
Had a pretty easy time taking over the game and controlling the town, and ontop of this, some things just happened to go really well for them, for example, rng picking the Bounty Hunter night 1, the very role being a potential big threat to their team, this is in combination with the town’s inactivity which really allowed them a straight up flawless victory, given they didn’t lose a single member as well to boot.
Or to summerize in video form...:
It was a mess in general, most people were inactive, just about every player that had an important role barely submitted, people had to be constantly reminded to submit visit targets, and people that were active either did nothing to stop the mafia, or were super gullible and followed through blindly with Az’s claim, in generally, very disappointing and poor gameplay overall.
Third Party Overall
Really didn’t get to do much given the unthankfulness of Rngesus choosing them as the Mafia’s night 1 target with them then killing them night 2 as well as their own lack of activity, so yeah…
My Personal Thoughts
This entire game was both a ghost town, but also a massive cringefest, a ghost town given the massive amounts of inactivity from most of the town, and a cringefest because of the entire ordeal surrounding Az’s claim, or fakeclaim to be more accurate.
I feel that, going forward, if you’re thinking of joining a mafia game, ACTUALLY PLAN TO BE active, because if you don’t, not only are you being a massive hindrance to your team, but in general it makes the entire game less fun for everyone ontop of this.
This is in conjunction with the fact that the Bounty Hunter role dying early in both instances it was used and the Guard role being a role we could only see in action once throughout game sucked as well, though the former was just rng being unthankful, the latter was yet another issue of the massive inactivity that plagued the entire game.
Hopefully next game going forward turns out better, but this game was just not it.
- You started the game the least active in the mafia, though I only bring this up because there was a very brief moment where you were listed sus for activity in one of the first phases.
- Throughout the game the decisions you made were logical and made perfect sense. On night 2 with the info you received, picking Mechdragon to steal a color from is perfectly logical when you thought he was a townie still. You got unlucky though because Mech was converted to the Paranoid Survivor and you were Orange for the remainder of the game.
- Despite the rocky start losing your team though you picked up on the slack and you carried yourself to not be deemed suspicious in addition to getting a couple more kills. Then Sas poisoned you and all of that was simply out of your control.
- Creative idea in Day 1 to figure out who could be in hiding, night immune, etc. Too bad it didn’t work when people responded in binary essentially.
- Active in discussion with teammates, but I don’t agree that both you and Jordan needed to target Sastar. You were given the info on ability 3 and should be aware that ability 3 kills and cancels other abilities, so you could easily just target someone else.
--> Especially since petrifying Sas is practically pointless unless he chose 4 or 5. 1 and 2 are killing actions that can’t be canceled and ability 3 is basically the ultimate counter to the Prankster
- Out of the mafia I’d say you and Dawn started the most well hidden as you both were mildly active, but not too much or too little like Uranus and Salt in those first couple of phases.
- Active in discussion with your teammates, but like I said with Dawn both of you didn’t need to target Sas.
- Good start taking lead of the town. From experience this can be a semi-risky move as coming off too trustworthy can lead to you getting killed by the town or tp. You also caught a bit of suspicious form Kanye by night 2 as he reached out to SAStar and Helmet about his suspicions of you.
- It got worse when Kanye reached out to Fyre as well, who ended up faking a random vote on you to bait you. Throwing in the terrible logic of preferring random kitb or the vote on you led to Az suspecting you and ultimately you dug your own grave.
- I think there was potential in what you were doing overall, but in the end when things turned a bit sour you became your own worst enemy, though I can’t fully blame you when you lost half of your team by Day 2.
- The best way to describe the overall performance is that this was missed potential. Seeing this squad I was excited to see a very active mafia with some very solid players collaborate together. Almost everyone seemed active with their plans in the early game so I was excited to see more plans ensue.
- Then Night 2 happened and that’s where ¾ of you died in 1 cycle. Considering the rules I have pinned show that there’s a message for when a medic successfully heals a targeted person and I was available to answer any questions, someone in the group should’ve realized that the only way Sas survived and talked in town chat was because he was the Psychopath. Regardless I would’ve given you guys a pass if only one mafia member died, but the fact that you ignored multiple warnings and signs from various resources (i.e. the rules, Kanye in town chat, me answering questions) then you guys deserved to lose.
- Individually you all did alright, but as a team you all failed to pay close enough attention and therefore the mafia as a whole gets a red rating. You could argue it was bad luck ¾ of you died and it kinda is, but you could’ve prevented it as well.
- Also I can’t ignore that you targeted people based on meta by “going after the experienced players.” I understand the logic, but that shouldn’t be the way it’s done, especially considering the more experienced players were highly anticipating playing a mafia game again after waiting around a month. Going after the most active and experienced players constantly is what ultimately ruins the fun of mafia and discourages the experienced players from wanting to continue through future games. So for future reference to everyone on who to target on Night 1, PLEASE LEAVE IT TO RNG AND NEVER USE METAGAMING EVER TO JUSTIFY A KILL ON SOMEONE.
- Honestly you couldn’t have done any better given the scenario of how things went down. Inspecting Mech was a start, but he was converted orange shortly after. You were silenced, but announcing to town you were petrified led to the start of the town alliance when Kanye reached out to you and Taycam to protect you on Night 2. Had Tay not been killed the town alliance could have started very strong. Regardless you and Kanye both led the charge to take out Uranus alongside Fyre and Az until you were sadly killed the next night.
- Still you were a catalyst for helping establish an alliance with a relatively inactive town and frankly you’re one of the few to be a positive factor in town actually standing a chance.
- Mildly active in the town with ideas, and had pretty decent logic for actions submitted.
- Logically the heals you made make perfect sense. Protecting FyreNova was a good move on N1 since Az openly said he would target Fyre if he was mafia, and protecting Helmet on N2 also made good sense. Unfortunately the Mafia targeted you N2 and got you good.
- The only fault in your game was you could’ve used ability 4 to protect both yourself and Helmet technically (doesn’t say in the ability that you can’t be one of the two people). You could’ve used ability 3 to protect the town the following night but I don’t know how you could foresee that either. You died early, but I think your actions were justified and you played well still.
- Aside from Koob, this was the role with the biggest miss in potential in my opinion. I say this because the Magician was meant to be the ultimate supporter role to the town specials. The abilities you had set you up to protect other teammates from being bullied in the early game with your grave-robbing ability ideally being used the first instant a reliable blue passes away.
- So with that I was so confused why you didn’t take Taycam’s role. Not only was it guaranteed Taycam was a reliable blue, but you were in a position where the normal Magician abilities wouldn’t have helped much at that point in the game. You could’ve taken over as medic and both saved yourself and many others in the long run.
- The next major mistake in your game play was distrusting Kanye, who alone was the reason Uranus got lynched by the town and was the only one getting an alliance together. I will say it was extremely convenient that people in the alliance were dying one by one that Kanye was recruiting, but also considering he knew you were a special compared to Az and Helmet who he wasn’t sure of, wouldn’t he have targeted you first? I was dying laughing seeing you message the people Kanye was gathering for an alliance and telling them to lynch Kanye if you died. Also another question I had was if Kanye was mafia why would he lead a charge against one of his own teammates?
- Needless to say though I can’t ignore that you were doing fine in the early game and remained an active influence for the town, but in the end you made some very questionable decisions that ended up hurting the town in the back half of the game.
- You literally said nothing in the town chats until Day 3. You likely would have contributed nothing too if it weren’t for Kanye reaching out. Even on Day 4 when Kanye was getting lynched, you voted Sastar only to not properly vote in the voting booth. Please be more active in future games! Especially if you have an important role.
- Flat out you are the reason town even stood a chance of winning this whole game. And as a lesson to everyone, you are living proof that even a simple townie can make a huge impact on a game, and boy there’s a lot to unravel from you.
- Starting off you were suspicious of Uranus trying to constantly lead the town, and as soon as Helmet came out about being petrified you figured you could trust him with your suspicions. This ended up saving Helmet from getting killed by an alert Sas said and consequently got a town alliance started. You reached out to Sas as well about suspicion on Uranus too and later on Fyre. You trusted Fyre and got him and Az to join an alliance that helped get 1 of 2 remaining mafia members lynched on Day 2.
- I haven’t seen this many alliances set up by a townie, let alone a rookie before so this was wild. Sadly Fyre lost trust in you on Night 4 and I think he was somewhat in the right considering the alliance you established kept getting coincidentally killed by Sastar. What makes this even more crazy though with Fyre’s suspicion is you baited Fyre to see how much he trusted you when you privately asked him to relay a plan you had about possible suspicions on Sas and Salt. When Fyre didn’t share you called him out on not trusting you and openly asked to be lynched if Fyre got killed and if you flipped green then that proved your trustworthy and that the town should lynch Sastar or Saltlord afterwards. I don’t fully think your suspicions on these two were fully justified, but with the defense you laid out on why you weren’t mafia was thrown in addition to noticing how the most trustworthy people happened to not be the most helpful ones in the actual town chats, your suspicions made perfect logical sense.
- You also discovered Koob was the Judge based off of you realizing that mafia and psychopath were active and Koob was the least active player at this point in the game, and he basically confirmed this with you. You relayed the same request you shared with Fyre, Mech, and Comp to help increase the chance of Sas or Salt getting lynched in the future, and you even predicted Koob would get killed next after you were lynched. It pained me to see you get this disrespected with all the hard effort you put into this game because frankly you were flat out one of the best players I’ve seen in recent time
- I honestly don’t know how you figured all this out or if it was simply lucky guess after lucky guess but your tactics were seamless even when you thought you were backed into a corner. I’ve never seen anything like this, and you alone would have been the reason town gets the win. I know you said you won’t be sticking around, but if you ever reconsider please do. You’re a good addition to this game.
- Started off quiet and at first Uranus was gonna pin you or Koob as sus until Kanye came through to pin Uranus down. You were one of the people to question Uranus and managed to get Uranus to crack under pressure, so you did a really great job during that phase. You gained Kanye and Helmet’s trust to join the alliance, but sadly the early alliance died off really early when you and Helmet died in consecutive phases. Still though you were the second most important townie to this game and played well.
- Mildly active in conversations, but your pivotal moment to possibly win was squandered when you weren’t active
- You played a townie that was trying to stay out of suspicion until Kanye reached out to you moments before he was lynched with valuable information. At the very least when no one was talking or saying anything you could have also voted Sas when he was the only lead at that point for an inactive town.
- You talked in town chats, but nothing too serious really came out of your discussions.
- You were recruited for the town alliance, but you failed to pay attention to anything.
- Even moreso, Kanye practically spoon-fed you and Mech valuable information to set up a lynch on Sastar and even predicted correctly that Sas would kill Koob who was confirmed blue to Kanye, but instead you practically spit in his face and decide to hide on Night 5 because this would “confuse the town”. Regardless this was an outright poor decision and even more reason why the town deserved to lose.
- Wasn’t active first couple of phases, but you then chose to lynch Koob and keep vote on Koob even when town concluded Uranus was suspicious. Compounding that with choosing to hide the following night left you to fail to defend yourself as the town lynched you the next day. Please don’t let this discourage you from playing future games of Mafia as this is a pretty complex game, but I think paying attention to the rules and roles will go a long way.
- Not much to say that hasn’t been spoken of to other inactive townies. You were the only one of the remaining town that Kanye didn’t reach out to so you get a tad bit of slack there, but you also were so inactive I had to rng your actions a couple times. Please consider being more active in future games if you’re confident you can play.
- The only positively contributing people were Kanye, Helmet, and Az. Tay died too soon, and Fyre became his own worst enemy. It goes without saying this game would have been an even easier win for the Psychopath if Kanye didn’t exist. Not much else to say as only Kanye and Fyre were the only people creating town whispers or town alliances chats while everyone else failed to be active. Even when Kanye was handing out a win to the town, everyone failed to care and decided to run town off a cliff.
- I want to start this off by saying everything else I said prior is nothing to discredit your gameplay. I want to say it here that you were hands down playing masterfully with the cards you were dealt.
- This game started very unlikely for you when Mafia used meta to target you as a Night 1 kill, but fortunately you were night immune. Consequently the mafia failed to conclude you were 100% the psychopath when the evidence was stacked for them when you began talking in the Day 1 chat. Had it not been for Kanye you would’ve single-handedly killed 4 people by going on alert Night 2 as well. At one point Dawnfire, Jordan, Uranus, and Helmet all targeted you, but Kanye’s town announcement led Uranus away, and his alliance with Helmet led Helmet to target Uranus instead.
- So after the death of half the mafia, you joined the charge to kill the third mafia in two phases and literally you gained no suspicion from anyone for a long while. You poisoned Az and figured out Fyre was in an alliance when he brought it up in the Day 3 chat. You survived Day 3 seamlessly with a hiding inferno who baited himself to be lynched that day. Targeting Salt and Fyre also made a lot of sense in Night 4 too as you likely could set up Kanye to be lynched.
- Though in Day 4 you did fall for Kanye’s bait which was you were extremely defensive when he casually voted you and refused to tell you why he voted for you in Day 4. It was funny watching you get mad in your decisions chat too by the way. If the town were active and paid attention to the whole convo, they should’ve been suspicious of you after Kanye died. You gained really weak information from Mech who didn’t relay all of details of Kanye’s suspicion of you, so throwing that out there for town to see made sense… but Kanye did have more detailed reasoning sent to the likes of Koob and comp. So while you played flawlessly in the early game, a more proactive town should have pegged you as scum by Day 5 realistically.
- I think overall you did what every player should’ve done in this game and that was you actually paid attention to the rules and remained proactive in the game itself to make all the best decisions. Basically you played a flawless game and the only way you lose is because Kanye had a suspicion of you and Salt. So honestly you deserved this win more than anyone and I’m glad to finally see a major third party win on the server.
- Crazy you were targetted by multiple people in Night 1. Crazier too that both Spy and Detective inspected you right before you became the Paranoid Survivor, so I honestly saw that as a really huge advantage for you to make it through the whole game with little effort. No one perceived you as a threat, so you were in the clear for an easy game.
- But I also have to account for you wanting to play a town-sided survivor and in that case is where your ability to help the town fell very short. Kanye trusted you from the beginning and him and Helmet initially planned to reach you until Helmet died and wasn’t sure on how to approach you. Not only did Kanye prove he was with the town, but you decided to blindly follow Fyre’s orders who wasn’t even confident in himself on who to trust. Then factoring the idea of hiding alongside computerfan made no sense when it was obvious Kanye wasn’t the painter and you also claimed to distrust Sastar. Maybe it was to avoid mafia, but mafia had little motivation to hunt you down to begin with whether you were aware of it or not.
- So in short you played well to survive, but in this scenario you were dealt the easiest hand ever where you were never in danger of being killed by neither the mafia nor the psychopath (the latter in which needs you alive for an easier time), and the town alliance also trusted you too. So I couldn’t give you blue when the path to winning was much less difficult as compared to Kanye and Sas who had stellar plays throughout the game. Even moreso you did win, but you failed to do anything positive for the town that you wanted to win with. So decision wise it’d make sense to give you a red rating, but you won and decisions to preserve yourself make sense, so I think orange is the compromise I’m going with.
- This was a game that ended up being a beautiful disaster by the mid point, but a flat out disaster early on and in the end. I say this because so much went wrong for Mafia and a handful of town, but the game was kept interesting because of two players. If Sastar and Kanye aren’t in this game, then it would have been even more frustrating to watch unfold.
- The biggest thing that kept happening was SO MANY PLAYERS DIDN’T READ THROUGH THE RULES. This game won the most votes so clearly it wanted to be played, but the fact of the matter is this was a much more difficult and complicated game of Mafia compared to past games. The fact that even townies have decisions to make should be a red flag to maybe read up on what does what. Even if something was ambiguous I was actively available 95% of the game to answer any and all questions for confusing scenarios or situations without giving away too much. So stuff like half of the mafia getting wiped out on Night 2 was entirely frustrating to watch when all the evidence was out there in both the town chat and the rules doc for them to figure out that Sastar was the psychopath.
- The fact that a rookie who verbatim told me he had never heard of mafia nor had any idea how the game worked, read through the rules and managed to single-handedly carry the town on his own AS A TOWNIE, should be an insult to all of you experienced players who died from not paying attention and rightfully so.
- So the important thing I got out of this game is that people need to read the rules and if you’re signing up to play, be active and play the game. Again this game proved that townies can have a major impact on a game and aren’t utterly useless, so take what Kanye did as an example for both newer and experienced players alike.
- A second thing I learned from this game is almost everyone here is very risk averse. By that I mean hardly anyone whether it be mafia or town used up their more powerful abilities to really tip the scales. Uranus had an ability to basically spare mafia for an entire day phase, Taycam could have saved 2 people in one night, Koob could have set up only one person’s vote to count during the day, Jordan could have silenced a nightkill, etc, etc. So this I say don’t be afraid to take more risks in a game that’s about reading people, taking risks to win in the game, and communicating with others.
- I will admit that some actions were utterly useless and that’s something I want to edit should this game ever get played again, but overall with all the different outcomes that could have happened in this game, this one was rather disappointing.
- All of this aside I will gladly admit I had a lot of fun hosting this game still and I do hope you guys enjoyed my style of moderating and running the game. I do hope for such an opportunity in the future, and I do apologize if this analysis came off as a bit too harsh.
- Sastar going on alert and almost wiping out 4 people in one night
- Kanye forming an alliance with Helmet, Az, and Fyre after the lynching of Uranus
- Kanye laying out a plan for remainder of the town to lynch Sastar after getting lynched himself, and calling out Fyre’s suspicion of him
- Sastar and Saltlord taking advantage of their abilities to make people flip black on multiple occasions
- LGL getting thrown rocks, paper, and scissors at him
- Uranus being dunked in cat pee
- Helmet, Inferno, and Az all falling off Sas’ penthouse
- FyreNova getting tickled to death by Eggman until they blew up
- Gollum getting crucified
- Thanos choking on Birdo eggs
- Mr. Back Corner existing and getting pinned to a wall by Sas
- Az asking Uranus if Koob fucked his mom
- Koob giving Compfan a golden shower
- LGL accepting he lost rock, paper, scissors
- Professor E Gad going to the hospital because of heroin
- TTK mistyping Sas as Dad
- Sas and Mech having matching tattoos
- Uranus pissing on Gollum
Last edited by The Thwomp King on Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my current project, Super Mario Country: