(SMBX2.0) How to use Magic Potion?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
thedarkcave215
Rex
Rex
Flair: Bubbly drinks are best served cold.

(SMBX2.0) How to use Magic Potion?

Postby thedarkcave215 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:43 pm

How can I make a magic potion that sends me to subspace like in SMB2? I've tried telling it to send me to section 1 which is where the Subspace is going to be but instead it spits me right back out the door I came in.
Soon enough, this pandemic will be over. ;)
(gen 1) If you like SML2, put this into your signature the first time you see this and add 1 to "gen x"
I support:
Spoiler: show

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: (SMBX2.0) How to use Magic Potion?

Postby Enjl » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:16 am

It looks like the section indices for the potion are off by one... presumably because in the old editor they were numbered wrong. Try putting in 2.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

thedarkcave215
Rex
Rex

Postby thedarkcave215 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Enjl wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:16 am
It looks like the section indices for the potion are off by one... presumably because in the old editor they were numbered wrong. Try putting in 2.
Nope. Then it takes me to somewhere later in the level where my character is off-screen and instantly dies.
(gen 1) If you like SML2, put this into your signature the first time you see this and add 1 to "gen x"
I support:

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Well, that should bring you to the next section over...

Essentially, what this item does, is warp you to the specified section (-1). In this transition, it maintains your current distance to the top left corner of that section. So if you are 3 screens to the right of where Section 0 begins and put a 2 into the field, it warps you 3 sections to the right of where Section 1 begins. Tweak the numbers to make it work for your use case. Does this make sense? If not, let me know what part is hard to understand. It's a bit difficult to explain.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

thedarkcave215
Rex
Rex

Postby thedarkcave215 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Enjl wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:01 pm
Well, that should bring you to the next section over...

Essentially, what this item does, is warp you to the specified section (-1). In this transition, it maintains your current distance to the top left corner of that section. So if you are 3 screens to the right of where Section 0 begins and put a 2 into the field, it warps you 3 sections to the right of where Section 1 begins. Tweak the numbers to make it work for your use case. Does this make sense? If not, let me know what part is hard to understand. It's a bit difficult to explain.
Alright, I'll see what I can do.
I support:

Return to “Help and Support”