SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
User avatar
Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2198
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Murphmario » Sat May 30, 2020 12:56 pm

Yoshi021 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 pm
Murphmario wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:52 pm
Inaccuracy with arrow lifts: They should make a sound when they change direction, but they don't.
Huh! By any chance, do you have the SFX that it's supposed to play?
Yeah, they should play the "slide" sound, as Redigit calls it.

Edit: Also, the Switch Palace blocks turn into SMB3 used blocks instead of SMW used blocks.
Last edited by Murphmario on Sat May 30, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Sat May 30, 2020 12:56 pm

computerfan0 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:55 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:57 am
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:13 am
Even after installing Patch 2, the launcher STILL does not open. This is a serious bug and I'm shocked it hasn't been resolved yet.
Do you have any further information that might help us migitate this issue present for probably less than 0.1% of users?
When I click on the launcher, the cursor spins and then disappears immediately. The task remains in my task manager, but the launcher does not open. PGE works fine.
Anything like PC specs (OS, processor, graphics card, memory), information of concurrently running software (antivirus and the likes that can interfere with other programs), or unusual installation conditions (non-english characters in installation path, or installed to a drive with unusual properties)? In order to find out what might cause this for you, it's important to find out what makes your situation different from the other 99% for which the game runs fine. Please provide all the information stated above and anything else you can come up with that you think might be relevant.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

User avatar
computerfan0
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: Bring the Wiki back!
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby computerfan0 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:14 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:56 pm
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:55 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:57 am

Do you have any further information that might help us migitate this issue present for probably less than 0.1% of users?
When I click on the launcher, the cursor spins and then disappears immediately. The task remains in my task manager, but the launcher does not open. PGE works fine.
Anything like PC specs (OS, processor, graphics card, memory), information of concurrently running software (antivirus and the likes that can interfere with other programs), or unusual installation conditions (non-english characters in installation path, or installed to a drive with unusual properties)? In order to find out what might cause this for you, it's important to find out what makes your situation different from the other 99% for which the game runs fine. Please provide all the information stated above and anything else you can come up with that you think might be relevant.
OS: windows 10
CPU: Intel i3 5005U
GPU: HD GFX 5500
RAM: 4GB
Other programs: Maybe Chrome. I also just use Windows defender as my antivirus. File is simply in my downloads folder in a folder called SMBX2.

EDIT: it had previously been working, but it broke. Installing the newer versions failed to rectify this.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Sat May 30, 2020 2:17 pm

computerfan0 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:14 pm
EDIT: it had previously been working, but it broke. Installing the newer versions failed to rectify this.
Thanks for the info. Just a few more things:
What does previously mean? Which version is the one that broke it, and which were you on previously that worked fine?

E: Also, does it work if you run LunaLoader directly, or double-click on a level file after running leveltest-assoc.bat? Trying to distinguish between the launcher and the game itself.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

KorayD
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby KorayD » Sat May 30, 2020 7:40 pm

Has the bug concerning no custom graphics-loading been fixed yet? I can see custom graphics in-game with a LVL file I made with 1.3.0.1 in beta 4, but if I create a new level with beta 4 I can see the custom graphics in the editor but not in-game.

Also there is an issue with custom graphics and the hardcoded HUD elements that the team needs to look at. Some elements are simply not loading at all since the PAL build, such as the high-score display.

User avatar
Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Hoeloe » Sat May 30, 2020 8:07 pm

That was fixed in patch 2 I believe, and only occurs if you have non-ascii characters in the file path.

User avatar
computerfan0
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: Bring the Wiki back!
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby computerfan0 » Sun May 31, 2020 6:14 am

Enjl wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:17 pm
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:14 pm
EDIT: it had previously been working, but it broke. Installing the newer versions failed to rectify this.
Thanks for the info. Just a few more things:
What does previously mean? Which version is the one that broke it, and which were you on previously that worked fine?

E: Also, does it work if you run LunaLoader directly, or double-click on a level file after running leveltest-assoc.bat? Trying to distinguish between the launcher and the game itself.
It didn't break with an update, it just randomly stopped working. LunaLoader works fine, it's the launcher that doesn't open.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Sun May 31, 2020 6:21 am

computerfan0 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:14 am
It didn't break with an update, it just randomly stopped working. LunaLoader works fine, it's the launcher that doesn't open.
If it didn't break with an update, then that suggests that some other change on your computer unrelated to SMBX2 is causing the launcher to no longer run, hm.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

User avatar
computerfan0
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: Bring the Wiki back!
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby computerfan0 » Sun May 31, 2020 11:05 am

Enjl wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:21 am
computerfan0 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:14 am
It didn't break with an update, it just randomly stopped working. LunaLoader works fine, it's the launcher that doesn't open.
If it didn't break with an update, then that suggests that some other change on your computer unrelated to SMBX2 is causing the launcher to no longer run, hm.
Any ideas what it could be? I blame Windows 10, but don't know how to force it to cooperate.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

User avatar
FirestarPlays
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby FirestarPlays » Sun May 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Spoiler: show
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:14 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:56 pm
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:55 pm


When I click on the launcher, the cursor spins and then disappears immediately. The task remains in my task manager, but the launcher does not open. PGE works fine.
Anything like PC specs (OS, processor, graphics card, memory), information of concurrently running software (antivirus and the likes that can interfere with other programs), or unusual installation conditions (non-english characters in installation path, or installed to a drive with unusual properties)? In order to find out what might cause this for you, it's important to find out what makes your situation different from the other 99% for which the game runs fine. Please provide all the information stated above and anything else you can come up with that you think might be relevant.
OS: windows 10
CPU: Intel i3 5005U
GPU: HD GFX 5500
RAM: 4GB
Other programs: Maybe Chrome. I also just use Windows defender as my antivirus. File is simply in my downloads folder in a folder called SMBX2.

EDIT: it had previously been working, but it broke. Installing the newer versions failed to rectify this.
computerfan0 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 11:05 am
Enjl wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:21 am
computerfan0 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:14 am
It didn't break with an update, it just randomly stopped working. LunaLoader works fine, it's the launcher that doesn't open.
If it didn't break with an update, then that suggests that some other change on your computer unrelated to SMBX2 is causing the launcher to no longer run, hm.
Any ideas what it could be? I blame Windows 10, but don't know how to force it to cooperate.
Maybe don't store it in your downloads folder?
Image

User avatar
RobloxForZooky
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:22 pm
Flair: Mama Mia Pizzeria
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby RobloxForZooky » Sun May 31, 2020 4:54 pm

Would you guys be able to port SMBX2 to Chrome OS? If so, great! If not, I understand.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Sun May 31, 2020 4:55 pm

RobloxForZooky wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:54 pm
Would you guys be able to port SMBX2 to Chrome OS? If so, great! If not, I understand.
We don't recompile. Your best bet is some form of emulation. Dunno if Wine exists for Chrome OS, but something like that.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

User avatar
Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 am
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Amyrakunejo » Sun May 31, 2020 6:06 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:55 pm
RobloxForZooky wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:54 pm
Would you guys be able to port SMBX2 to Chrome OS? If so, great! If not, I understand.
We don't recompile. Your best bet is some form of emulation. Dunno if Wine exists for Chrome OS, but something like that.
If Wine exists for Android then that should work on Chrome OS since that OS is Android-based.
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...


"Is there really a choice for us, or are we always, sometimes monsters?"

What my POTATO PC can run with little to no issues:
SMBX 1.3, SMBX 2 Beta 3, RM2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace
What it struggles with:
NSMBX, SMBX 2 Beta 4, RMMV


User avatar
cato
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby cato » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:11 am

Snake blocks don't spawn when the layer is shown after hiding.
Freedom, Human Rights, Fairness, Democracy, Rule of Law, Righteousness, Courageness, Human Nature, Conscience, Goodwill, Ethics, Beliefs, Hope.

User avatar
Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Hoeloe » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:07 pm

Can't reproduce that snake block issue, though it does seem that if a snake block is active when it's hidden, its momentum is kept and it continues moving.

User avatar
cato
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby cato » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 am

Hoeloe wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:07 pm
Can't reproduce that snake block issue, though it does seem that if a snake block is active when it's hidden, its momentum is kept and it continues moving.
I think that mine doesn't spawn because I waited long enough for the snakes to go elsewhere of the screen in a straight line.
Also while testing, there is a slight frame where it spawned at its original position then teleport back where it was moving to.
Freedom, Human Rights, Fairness, Democracy, Rule of Law, Righteousness, Courageness, Human Nature, Conscience, Goodwill, Ethics, Beliefs, Hope.

User avatar
Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:07 am

Both i believe have now been fixed.

adam120yep
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:27 pm

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby adam120yep » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 pm

Hello, this is a very cool update, but there is a bug with controlls, when I configure control as I want, it seems normal, after clicking Start game, The control changes, idk if someone else had this problem too but, it really sucks. Cool update tho!
Hi! I'm Adam, hope you have a good day!

User avatar
Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Hoeloe » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:47 pm

Make sure to click Save before starting the game. If you don't save the control layout, it won't operate correctly.

adam120yep
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:27 pm

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby adam120yep » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:49 am

Hoeloe wrote: Make sure to click Save before starting the game. If you don't save the control layout, it won't operate correctly.
Yes, I did, and it worked.
But, I usually play with my little brother, he uses a controller and I use keyboard. When we begin playing as normal, he presses the controller's button to move. Then a small text appears at the bottom left the screen which says : Shark-(number) . Then the control changes, I usually play as player 1, but it changes to player 2, and my brother was playing using player 2, it changes to player 1. And the whole control resets :!:
Thanks!
Hi! I'm Adam, hope you have a good day!


Return to “LunaLua”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests