SMBX Contest Greatest Hits Spiritual Update [MAGLX Judge Favorite]

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Chat Username: Eclipsed

SMBX Contest Greatest Hits Spiritual Update [MAGLX Judge Favorite]

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:52 am

Context:
I've noticed that Beta 3 had a SMBX Contest Greatest Hits level in it and I thought that it would be fun to make an updated version of it. This compilation will not be released in an X2 launcher. This is purely a compilation episode that I'm working on the ideas for fun. I've been working on this ideas wise

Idea:
This following episode aims to compile levels from previous contests including side contests such as Novaverse, Kaizo Contests, The Thwomp King Contests and aims to compile levels that fit one of three categories:
(1) Levels that hold somewhat pretty well (Levels like this would be Balloon Blast by Airship, and Robotics;Toybox by zlaker)
(2) Levels that have immortalized themselves by being super unique in a positive way, while not being the absolute best in design, excluding joke levels barring exceptional cases (Levels like this would be I Sure Do Like My Mysterious Ocean Levels Don't I?, A Nice Level by Farwriel)

Changes:
As a result, there are a few changes from the current compilation I would like to make
(1) Not all winning levels will be included. It is true that people were amazed by the levels for their time, but judging standards were lower back then and as a result, I don't want levels to encompass 5-8 minute switch hunts. I want them to feel unique from the other levels in the compilation.
(2) There is no guarantee any contest will have levels included in this list. However, for every multi-contest series, I want to at least TRY to have one level to represent them.
(3) Quality of Life Changes that enhance gameplay. This would only include fixing jank in levels such as using spawzones.lua to fix Koopa Kid Fleet. Moreover, increased checkpoints for some levels.

Biggest Hurdles:
With A Project That Aims To Compile contests of this size, there are 3 massive hurdles to overcome
(1) The first hurdle is to acquire all of the levels.
(2) The second hurdle to overcome is playing all of the levels for all of the contests, after all of the levels have been gathered. Currently, I am the closest person to complete this part.
(3) Making everything lua compatible with the latest version of smbx. It's no secret that some past lua code will break upon new releases, so this phase would require coders to help patch and fix up everything. Ideally this compilation will be finished once smbx2's full release comes out which is a long ways off.

I will be posting my list of levels later today as I have been compiling with the two people who have helped me with this episode's draft so far.

Team:
Main Lead: Eclipsed
Level Judges: 7NameSam, Eclipsed, PROX, ShadowStarX
Kaizo Level Judges: 55jedat555, 7NameSam, Eclipsed, MECHDRAGON777
Lua Coders: MrDoubleA, Qunatumenance, SetaYoshi
World Map: 8luestorm

Important Links
Progress Sheet
Discord Link

Changelog
Spoiler: show
- Extra Checkpoint added to One Second Has Passed
- Removed deprecated code from Gimmick Purgatory
- Removed second star and swapped all dragon coins with Star Coins In Balloon Blast
- Removed deprecated code from Mea Culpa
- Removed deprecated code from Scaffolding of Reality
- Added Spawnzones.lua in One Second Has Passed
- Added Spawnzones.lua in Scaffolding of Reality
- Extra Checkpoint added to Bullet Bonaza
Footage
Last edited by Eclipsed on Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 110 times in total.

cato
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression
Current Project: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Chat Username: Cato

Re: SMBX Contest Greatest Hits Spiritual Update

Postby cato » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:08 pm

Also, to improve the quality of life, we should implement the auto-restart option, disable the life counter ( make it impossible to get a game over ) and replace it with a death counter, or something like that.

Hubs should also have a theming to each level.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:18 pm

cato wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Also, to improve the quality of life, we should implement the auto-restart option, disable the life counter ( make it impossible to get a game over ) and replace it with a death counter, or something like that.

Hubs should also have a theming to each level.
1) Auto-restart should not be enabled. The way smbx handles it might mess with stuff that rely on global events upon level start
2) Yes, completely agree

Added in 21 minutes 47 seconds:
Biggest Hurdles: With A Project That Aims To Compile contests of this size, there are 3 massive hurdles to overcome

(1) The first hurdle is to acquire all of the levels. The most major concern of these is Super Community Contest Levels. CC1 - CC11 are included in episodes of Tower of Biased 0 up to Tower of Biased 10. Mechdragon is the only person who currently has CC12 levels. Super Community Contest (CC13) levels are nowhere to be found currently. I am currently the only person who has access to All Star Level Contest Levels (CC14).
(2) The second hurdle to overcome is playing all of the levels for all of the contests, after all of the levels have been gathered. Currently, I am the closest person to complete this part.
(3) Making everything lua compatible with the latest version of smbx. It's no secret that some past lua code will break upon new releases, so this phase would require coders to help patch and fix up everything.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Ahh, it's like that project TNTtimelord once attempted. Neat!
How about making a world map instead of a hub? It's easier, easier to make look good, and more pleasant to traverse if you enable travl with one line of lua :)
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:25 pm

Enjl wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:03 pm
Ahh, it's like that project TNTtimelord once attempted. Neat!
How about making a world map instead of a hub? It's easier, easier to make look good, and more pleasant to traverse if you enable travl with one line of lua :)
Yes that's a really good idea. I feel like a world map would be a lot more fun to traverse for this project.
Also, I guess it's time to reveal level picks for contests I've played and why.

Anyone is free to comment on the levels list and make suggestions as the lists are still drafts in progress.
Level Contest Japan
Above A Blinding Star by Waddle - An extremely unique concept of leading the flames to light up torches. Requires A Quality of Life Change due to the boss fight being unresponsive sometimes. The boss is right on top of the torch and it won't line up.
GImmick’s Purgatory by 7NameSam - A really cool level that has mario automatically moving and can only switch once they hit left or right blocks.
SYSTEM ERROR by Waddle - A fast paced quick and hard level.
Scaffolding of Reality by 7NameSam - This level speaks for itself (7NameSam's Playthrough): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNXNhu4pLxo
Negative Space by Lunatic Quark - An implementation of the flash puzzle game shift into smbx pulled off well.
Veggie Pile by Sanct - A super memorable joke level. I won't spoil it, will be an optional level due to smbx crashes
Pause by The0x539 - An implementation of the flash puzzle game pause into smbx pulled off well.
Sidekick Struggles by Enjl & Pyro - A super unique concept of attaching the camera to npcs to progress later into the levels. Some of the sections were a bit iffy but the level overall is fun and super unique. Only thing I'm worried about is a glitch used in this level being patched out later.
Toad Run by SetaYoshi - Just a cool tech showcase.
Bullet Bonanza by Darkonius Makavar - The bullet bills become different npcs depending on what color they are after you stomp on them
Perilous Peaks by Frozen Quills - This level speaks for itself (Enjl's Playthrough): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b4WtqflRw0
Yoshis at the Crag by 7NameSam - This level speaks for itself, also the best level centered around yoshis in all of smbx (Enjl's Playthrough): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaDGZf_XEak

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:28 pm

Eclipsed wrote:Super Community Contest (CC13) levels are nowhere to be found currently.

Quill hosted SCC and could still be contacted on chat I guess. So ask him if he still has the levels?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:32 pm

The next topic is going to center around the vanilla level contests
After chatting with ShadowStarX, he's decided that no levels from Summer Vanilla Level Contest 2016 or Summer Vanilla Level Contest 2017 will be available nowadays.

The two levels that will be included will be from Autumn Vanilla Level Contest. They are
Flurry Frenzy by MrCaves and
Break the Illusion by Uzendayo

The 2nd place level isn't on here is that although it's good, there's a certain jank factor from smbx main game that makes it so that it wouldn't be fun to play for everyone.

On another note, I have played Crazy Cat Corridor and no levels from there will be included.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:43 pm

The next contest I would like to talk about is one from the novaverse sub-community. In this contest I think the clear 2 that should be added to this pack are. Both levels here speak for themselves I believe.

Blastburg by AndrewPixel (AndrewPixel's Playthrough): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhEHlcZzGZA
Midday Meadows by Airship (Mechdragon's Playthrough): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAW5VRMxMts

Added in 19 minutes 22 seconds:
Mechdragon and I are discussing about kaizo contests and which one would fit into this list.
So far, mechdragon told me that no kaizo levels except one in the PIxel Kaizo levels are suitable for this list. I looked at that level and although Blocks Below Hell is alright, it just doesn't hold up to the other kaizo levels on this list.

Also on a tangent. Make A Good Sky Level's winning level is okay/decent enough to have on this list so Sky Temple by Skully will be added. It's also really unique aesthetically.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Alright so the next set of levels are the Kaizo Contests. For it I think the following levels should be included. Also I decided to have post-game levels in this compilation also due to the fact that if I don't we're missing out on some really good levels such as Double Vision from MAGLX2.

Note: most levels not selected are due to three reasons (1) the levels just kind of end at some point (2) it's more of a troll level than a kaizo level and (3) levels that are just made to be difficult as possible while sacrificing fun gameplay and (4) the level is just too janky to fix, this mainly refers to one of the post game levels.

Kaizo Contest X 1:
- Without further ado, the first level to be included is the hardest link level in smbx history
- A Very Waaaaaarm Cave by Zyglrox Odyssey (this level truly tests player knowledge of using link to a really high degree and looking best is the best level in the contest)
- Rave by Sedron (Won kaizo contest x 1 it's a decent winner and has a lot of ideas, it's kind of disjointed though but it was fun to play.) Quality of Life Change: Replace Lua Points With CheckPoints.

Kaizo Contest X 2:
- Lava and Lava Accessories by Sedron (A much more focused level than rave, this one was pretty fun and really tests player abilities on manipulating enemies here and there)
- Cotton Sky Land by 7NameSam (a fun kaizo level in the sky that's all, also my favorite in the contest as it was pretty creative especially with the last section)

Kaizo Contest X 3:
- Crazy Chapel by Ace (one of the best autoscroller/pseudo-autoscroller levels I've played. This level is also a judge a favorite)
- Close Enough by 7NameSam (another really unique level where the difficulty comes from not sacrificing a goomba)
- Fast Food Flight by Cheez8 (this level is purely on this list since it does the gimmick of the contest in a hyper unique way. Instead of modifying the level structure, he adds on to it in order to create difficulty. Moreover, the obstacles are placed in such a way that you need to know what you're doing)
- ULTRAVIOL[n]T by Sturg - another level that honestly speaks for itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p99QTKl0wG8
- Crumbling Dreamscape by Enjl - Beautiful, Spacious, Awe-Inspiring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elkrMIt4cQQ

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:08 pm

Now let's move onto the Tower of Biased Contests 1-5

Tower of Biased 1-5 was an era where levels were heavily focused around finding a switch and then running back to where the switch was required. During this era two level designers really stood out. Zephyr would always have a level gimmick in his levels that it was centralized around. Although it was not the best at first, his later levels became a lot better. In fact, he made a level in NGCA where it somewhat fits the mold of 4 step level design wonly less than a year after 3d world came out.
The second person that's notable in this era is Chad. For some bizarre reason his levels in his contests were a lot better than his episode. His levels had a feeling that you were legitimately in the level and over time that feeling in his levels were more strong. So here's the list of levels from Tower of Biased 1 - 5.

Tower of Biased 1 on this list probably has the worst levels but remember this is 2012
Wagama Rush by Zephyr - This level's gimmick is turning lava into water and then it's harmful after a certain point. The secret exit is the only part that uses this gimmick unfortunately. Moreover, this is the very first contest level to use this gimmick.
Acropolis Ascension by Kyo - The winner of the first tower of biased contest. Nowadays this level is just ok as in it exists. This level is on the list to fill the 2 level quota for each contest and it'd kind of feel wrong not to have the winning level of the very first smbx contest.
Tower of Biased 2
Dunes From The Past by Nien - Joke Level alert, I won't spoil it, but this spawned a meme that lasted a good 5-7 years on the smbx forums
Spatial Distortion by Zephyr - This level's gimmick is two fold use horizontal wrapping and vertical wrapping. I enjoyed the secret star placement in this level and this is again the very first contest level to use this gimmick. Quality of life change: change instant vertical wrap using warps to base game vertical wraps.
Tower of Biased 3
Ice N Stuff by Zephyr - This level centers around using ice balls to freeze enemies but does not do it to a ridiculous extent. Once again this was the very first contest level to use this gimmick.
Airborne Ruins Machines by Chad - This level is probably Chad's worst level on this list as it is kind of slow, but still has the points above, but I thought that this would be the best level to represent tob3 to fit the quota and this was unintentional but it fits the desert theme of the tob3 hub.
Tower of Biased 4 - I despised this contest and everything about it. You know a contest is bad when the only memorable level is a water level that still had half minute of backtracking. That being said this level is fine.
Coralshift Cove by Chad
Tower of Biased 5
Koopa Kid Fleet by Zephyr - The following level makes you hit switches in the air to switch between active and inactive red and blue blocks. Once again, this is the very first contest level to use this gimmick. This level is really solid, but it definitely requires a few quality of life changes such as making the lakitus not despawn using spawnzones.lua, making the bubble hitbox a circle to make it feel more natural to the player and a checkpoint before the boss fight.
Enchanted Undergrounds by sezixor - the following level is really cool no pun intended, you go through an ice section unthaw the ice and go through a new water section. This level won tower of biased 5 and is okay/decent today.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:53 pm

The Next Contest Era is the Second Part of The Tower of Biased Era. In this era a major paradigm shift occurs, instead of having two memorable levels per contest. We now have at least two.

This era is marked by Zephyr's exit from level contests, and the rise of designers that are still here today as follows
SuperMario7's levels were based on tropical design but as time went along after tower of biased 6, he's managed to make them a lot more memorable then other levels in this style. The reasoning for this is that sometimes he'd introduce two gimmicks in a level and then interleave them at the end, which is SMW romhack level design philosophy. It's a weird merge between tropical and romhack level design that worked for him. Moreover, at the end of the levels there's a section that represents an adrenaline rush making the player feel accomplished upon completion such as in Pirate Paradise and Epicmode Interstellar Adventure.
Ace's design previously had always focused around a level gimmick but in early tower of biased they were too claustrophobic and too much were going on. However he recently expanded upon short levels and made sick ass swamp romp and crazy chapel.
Darkonius Makavar's levels had branched off from tropical design and started making levels focused around gimmicks such as using a timeswitch to freeze time to allow you to jump on npcs. Or having a string of moving platforms left and adding platforming challenges that utilize that concept. Moreover, this era also marked him pushing vanilla boss fight with events to their limits. Currently they're still on the forums and their levels are better than this era.
Other notable designs that have one level are Aristo, Airship, HenryRichard, and Lx Xzit

Tower of Biased 6 is the best level contest and has the largest pool of levels selected from it
- Block Bollocks by Knux - Joke level won't spoil it.
- Balloon Blast by Airship - I'm just amazed at what this level accomplished. It's an autoscrolling level where you jump on a bunch of fences. And somehow it complements the gameplay it the level.
- Clockwork Ruins by Darkonius Makavar - Mentioned above. Really solid level.
- Magical Malice Castle by Chad - 2nd place level and is honestly one of Chad's best levels he's made
- Sick Ass Swamp Romp by Ace - I love this level it uses a gimmick where the water rises up and down and at the end there's this sparky section that chases the player out.
Tower of Biased 7 - After tower of biased 6, tower of biased 7 was a let due to the same number of levels and an increased amount of switch hunts. As a result there's only 2 levels on this list.
- Automatica by Knux - fully automatic level, pretty impressive and memorable
- Wild Western Walk by SuperMario7 - thank you for filling the quota and being 2-3 minutes long instead of taking forever.
Tower of Biased 8
- Moonwalk Cola by HenryRicahrd - this level is a meme. It's a seriously attempt at a level but check it out for yourself.
- Uprising Heights by Darkonius Makavar - mentioned above, probably needs a quality of life fix since the boss can get the bomb generator clogged
- Pirate Paradise by SuperMario7 - just a fun level that still feels unique and visible in my head. Last section was suddenly blue boot flight and was pretty tense
- Celestial Starstorm by Chad - And with tower of biased 8, chad makes his exit out of the smbx community. Just a neat platforming challenge level with going all around a flowing lava error. Probably needs to have more checkpoints nowadays.
Tower of Biased 9
- Murky Ruins by Darkonius Makavar - might be a tad worse than his other two levels, but still pretty solid in quality
- EpicMode Interstellar Adventure - this level needs a quality of life checkpoint update but does the interleaving of two gimmicks the most in his levels. And has the best adrenaline rush ending section in his levels.
- Gravitational Heaviness by Lz Xzit - really cool gimmick being used switching between a ground and a water state. There's a reason this level won the contest. Quality of Life Change: probably reduce boss hp.
Tower of Biased 10 - there's a few levels i don't know if I want to keep
- A Very Short Puzzle Level: The Sequel by Eclipsed - Shadowstar told me to put this level here. It's a joke level. There's 4 joke levels on this list. I also can't find the one that's not a sequel
- Catch That Star by Ace - semi-joke level, it's highly memorable but i don't know if i want to keep it due to the difficulty
- Another Typical Lava Level - had a decent first half, and does the 8 red coins right. Each one feels distinct and that you have to do something different to get it. Moreover it doesn't take a century to find all of them
- Robotics;Toybox by zlaker - really cool level that uses aesthetics for indicating where you're supposed to or not supposed to go
- Volcanic Wilds by SuperMario7 - im not really sure if I want to keep this one here also. I remember enjoying it, but this one is just worse than his other levels and doesn't seem like it fits in this contests' selection
- Robotics;Hotel by Aristo - solid ghost house level. Had a pretty unique boss fight at the end and spawned a smbx server emote.

The Grand Extravaganza
- Best Designed Level Winner: Slick As Sliced Ice by Ace and KoopaTheQuick
- Best Aesthetics Winner: The Cosmothedral by Waddle

Also here's my blurb for the next Era. The end Era of community contests was marked by notable rises in several level designers and the talkhaus invasion from the smbx forums. Due to how recent they are, I'm not going to write short blurbs for them
During CC12-CC14, users such as Enjl, Waddle, Sanct, ShadowStarX, PixelPest, Airship, AndrewPixel have improved their design a significant extent
From the talkhaus, we started having users such as Quantemenance, 7NameSam, FrozenQuills, Sturg starting to participate in more contests and performing well. I have yet to play or see these levels but will do so when I get the chance.

Added in 3 hours 3 minutes 10 seconds:
I added a Pending Contests List since I need to know more info about them before we have a selection

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:46 am

Thanks to Glitch4, I have given the Pixel Kaizo Contest entries to Eclipsed. This may help. I will inform TheThwompKing on this as well to see if he can help.

ImageImageImage

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:35 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:46 am
Thanks to Glitch4, I have given the Pixel Kaizo Contest entries to Eclipsed. This may help. I will inform TheThwompKing on this as well to see if he can help.
Sweet, I can find levels from those contests to include. Thanks so much Mech

Added in 29 minutes 8 seconds:
Now let's move onto contests forgotten through time. Vinesauce Contest 2014
In this level, I went through five hours of footage and the only levels that caught my eye were two joke levels, and one aesthetically unique levels. The biggest challenge for these contests is straight up trying to find the levels. One of the joke levels won't be included since it's more cringe than anything else and the ending section is just plain bad.

The two levels:
Viney Road - Author Unknown, a joke level, it's really stupid so I won't spoil it
Paint Panic by Chenginerd - considering that this level contest is a pretty decent size. It'd be ideal to have one regular level to represent it. The level for doing so would be this. It's the only level that's okay in the contest and other than that there's not much else to say besides that the aesthetic is really unique.

Added in 22 minutes 38 seconds:
Just went through the second vinesauce contest and viewed the levels and have decided due to the fact that the vinesauce contests were along the size of early tob contests and had a decent community. I'd do at least two per episode.

For
Vinesauce Level Contest 2015 the levels chosen are
Concert Canyon by Darkonius Makavarr, this level is probably my favorite one out of all them
Shipwreck Sand by Bomber57. this level is here to reach the quota and is the only other one that stands out from the top 4/5 levels in the contest.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:09 am

Now let's move onto the Mosaic Contests
- For the first contest and second contest, the winning levels were clearly the best out of the pack, but nowadays don't really hold up all that much. Moroever since these contests are not a significant size, these contests could be represented by 0 levels. The first contest is five levels and for the 2nd contest, the person won by default.

- Now the 3rd contest is a different story. There is a clear winner that is honestly one of the most unique levels I've played in recent memory. That level is One Second Has Passed by Airship and 8luestorm. It has one central gimmick that is used throughout the level, including some miniature puzzles. This level merges the best aspects of both their design styles and makes something truly amazing. Moreover, the aesthetics of this level, sound and graphics fits perfectly with not only the contest gimmick but also the level gimmick.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:19 am

We know move onto the other major side contest host: The Thwomp King
The reason contest levels will not be included is similar to the same reasoning as Mosaic's Level

WIthout Further Ado

The Koopaling Castle Contest will have no levels

Added in 2 minutes 32 seconds:
Bramble Level Contest will have no levels

Added in 5 minutes 23 seconds:
Factory Level Contest will have no levels - winning level is a worse version of a level from A2XT

Added in 12 minutes 21 seconds:
Vertical Level Contest might have one level included. There's a few I'm checking out.

Added in 23 minutes 34 seconds:
The contests that properly finished that I need help finding a level pack for are: If these packs are inaccessible, I'm completely fine with leaving all of them off the list.
- Forest Level Contest
- Scary Level Contest
- Visual Level Contest
- Weather Level Contest
- Water Level Contest
- Crossover Contest
- Underground Contest
- Snow Contest
- Funky Fresh Contest
- Lava Contest
- Downwards Contest
- Structures Contest
- Haunted Contest 2
- Boss Level Contest
- Weather Contest 2
- SuckerMan7 Snow Level Contest #2

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:40 am

Enjl wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:03 pm
Ahh, it's like that project TNTtimelord once attempted
I retract this statement after seeing how much mediocre to outright bad stuff is being included for the sake of what appears to be favouritism.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Country

Postby The Thwomp King » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:30 am

Eclipsed wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:02 am
We know move onto the other major side contest host: The Thwomp King
The reason contest levels will not be included is similar to the same reasoning as Mosaic's Level

WIthout Further Ado

The Koopaling Castle Contest will have no levels

Added in 2 minutes 32 seconds:
Bramble Level Contest will have no levels

Added in 5 minutes 23 seconds:
Factory Level Contest will have no levels - winning level is a worse version of a level from A2XT

Added in 12 minutes 21 seconds:
Vertical Level Contest might have one level included. There's a few I'm checking out.

Added in 23 minutes 34 seconds:
The contests that properly finished that I need help finding a level pack for are: If these packs are inaccessible, I'm completely fine with leaving all of them off the list.
- Forest Level Contest
- Scary Level Contest
- Visual Level Contest
- Weather Level Contest
- Water Level Contest
- Crossover Contest
- Underground Contest
- Snow Contest
- Funky Fresh Contest
- Lava Contest
- Downwards Contest
- Structures Contest
- Haunted Contest 2
- Boss Level Contest
- Weather Contest 2
- SuckerMan7 Snow Level Contest #2
I have the rest of the contest levels ready for you. I apologize again to all for never finishing the judging of the remaining contests.

Looking through this post and all of the contests, it makes me kinda regret not submitting more stuff to see if there's been level growth at all on my end. Maybe I'll submit more stuff in the future so I can get at least one level shown in a future rendition of this.

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:35 am

Fun fact, I put my original level for your Sky contest into the first Novaverse contest.

The Thwomp King wrote:Maybe I'll submit more stuff in the future.

CCX1 will be your opportunity right away!
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Country

Postby The Thwomp King » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:41 am

Cedur wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:35 am
Fun fact, I put my original level for your Sky contest into the first Novaverse contest.

The Thwomp King wrote:Maybe I'll submit more stuff in the future.

CCX1 will be your opportunity right away!
Oh neat! Maybe just maybe depending on when submissions for this whole project are due and how much of the old team would be willing to, I could finally review all of the levels from the remaining contests just to give designers who put the time and work into my contests more respect despite me being both busy and lazy the past few years.

I'll definitely check out CCX1 as well.

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios

Postby Chanceux2 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:06 am

Wait, so were summiting levels? I saw the first one it wasn't half-bad

Return to “Projects”