SPEEDIE's archived stash of episodes.

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
User avatar
SPEEDIE
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:22 pm
Flair: https://discord.gg/fahyrvk
Current Project: Blade of Justice
Chat Username: SPEEDIE
Contact:

Re: 9.0 (APRIL UPDATE) | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby SPEEDIE » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:25 am

9.0 has been released, adds 1 new level and improves 4-3. Other improvements, and possibly fixes the orb issue.
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Join my SMBX discord server for exclusive updates and much more.
https://discord.gg/fahyrvk

Finished Projects:

Image

Ongoing Projects:

Blade of Justice.

User avatar
FirestarPlays
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm
Current Project: Super Mario and the Plague of Valerius, Firestar's GFX Pack
Chat Username: Firestar

Re: VERSION 10.0 patch 1 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby FirestarPlays » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:43 am

Due to all the issues, I'm afraid I'll have to wait to play your episode until it's more finished. Sorry :/
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: VERSION 10.0 patch 1 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Cedur » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:50 am

Yeah Speedie, it doesn't make much sense to keep patching and boosting the version counter as long as you still plan to add content.

Also FirestarPlays, I hope you keep progressing on the episode once it's deemed finished, since you've got the most progress :>
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
SPEEDIE
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:22 pm
Flair: https://discord.gg/fahyrvk
Current Project: Blade of Justice
Chat Username: SPEEDIE
Contact:

Re: VERSION 10.0 patch 1 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby SPEEDIE » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:08 pm

Cedur wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:50 am
Yeah Speedie, it doesn't make much sense to keep patching and boosting the version counter as long as you still plan to add content.

Also FirestarPlays, I hope you keep progressing on the episode once it's deemed finished, since you've got the most progress :>
I feel like it has enough content, it's just bugs, they suck. The reason I did these last levels is because some worlds felt longer than others, for example 4-3 was so short and the rest of the world was too, so I extended 4-3 and added this new level (wetswitch) But that took some time since I had to recolor the tileset myself. I posted it to the Graphics section.
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Join my SMBX discord server for exclusive updates and much more.
https://discord.gg/fahyrvk

Finished Projects:

Image

Ongoing Projects:

Blade of Justice.

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios
Contact:

Re: VERSION 10.0 patch 1 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Chanceux2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:22 pm

SPEEDIE wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:08 pm
Cedur wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:50 am
Yeah Speedie, it doesn't make much sense to keep patching and boosting the version counter as long as you still plan to add content.

Also FirestarPlays, I hope you keep progressing on the episode once it's deemed finished, since you've got the most progress :>
I feel like it has enough content, it's just bugs, they suck. The reason I did these last levels is because some worlds felt longer than others, for example 4-3 was so short and the rest of the world was too, so I extended 4-3 and added this new level (wetswitch) But that took some time since I had to recolor the tileset myself. I posted it to the Graphics section.
Why are you adding levels anyways?

User avatar
SPEEDIE
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:22 pm
Flair: https://discord.gg/fahyrvk
Current Project: Blade of Justice
Chat Username: SPEEDIE
Contact:

Re: VERSION 10.0 patch 1 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby SPEEDIE » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:31 pm

Chanceux2 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:22 pm
SPEEDIE wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:08 pm
Cedur wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:50 am
Yeah Speedie, it doesn't make much sense to keep patching and boosting the version counter as long as you still plan to add content.

Also FirestarPlays, I hope you keep progressing on the episode once it's deemed finished, since you've got the most progress :>
I feel like it has enough content, it's just bugs, they suck. The reason I did these last levels is because some worlds felt longer than others, for example 4-3 was so short and the rest of the world was too, so I extended 4-3 and added this new level (wetswitch) But that took some time since I had to recolor the tileset myself. I posted it to the Graphics section.
Why are you adding levels anyways?
Because "some worlds felt longer than others, for example 4-3 was so short and the rest of the world was too, so I extended 4-3 and added this new level (wetswitch)"

Added in 2 minutes 6 seconds:
I do not want to make another patch, I have to because the Castle bosses doesn't work, so I hope i've fixed it with the new patch, I hope it will be the last one. I took the time to fix some small issues i've had with the new level (making the tileset darker)

The new version is up now, and I hope it will be the last one.

Of course the game didn't allow it to be, because the new level is broken.. 10.2 will fix.
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Join my SMBX discord server for exclusive updates and much more.
https://discord.gg/fahyrvk

Finished Projects:

Image

Ongoing Projects:

Blade of Justice.

User avatar
Dragon0307
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:21 am
Flair: All Hail Kamek
Current Project: Something for Beta 4

Re: VERSION 10.2 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Dragon0307 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:01 pm

For some reason, everything is availiable by default - even on new save files. Why is this?
This ForumPost® is the intellectual property (IP) of Kamekverse LTD. All rights reserved.
UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS VIABLE FOR CRIMINAL CHARGES ON THE GROUNDS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
ForumPost® is a registered patent of Kamekverse LTD.
Spoiler: show
And WHY are all the best episodes in the Projects section?

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: VERSION 10.2 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Dragon0307 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:01 pm
For some reason, everything is availiable by default - even on new save files. Why is this?

I started to wonder as well if that's intentional or not ... either way the stars aren't available so you have to get them and beat the levels.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
SPEEDIE
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:22 pm
Flair: https://discord.gg/fahyrvk
Current Project: Blade of Justice
Chat Username: SPEEDIE
Contact:

Re: VERSION 10.2 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby SPEEDIE » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:20 pm

Dragon0307 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:01 pm
For some reason, everything is availiable by default - even on new save files. Why is this?
That IS intentional, I like being able to play levels in any order I want. In order to access the bonus world though, you need to beat every single level with every star. I would suggest not downloading the episode as a new version is coming out very soon (today or tomorrow) and it has a lot of new features.
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Join my SMBX discord server for exclusive updates and much more.
https://discord.gg/fahyrvk

Finished Projects:

Image

Ongoing Projects:

Blade of Justice.

User avatar
Dragon0307
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:21 am
Flair: All Hail Kamek
Current Project: Something for Beta 4

Re: VERSION 10.2 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Dragon0307 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:29 am

SPEEDIE wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:20 pm
Dragon0307 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:01 pm
For some reason, everything is availiable by default - even on new save files. Why is this?
That IS intentional, I like being able to play levels in any order I want. In order to access the bonus world though, you need to beat every single level with every star. I would suggest not downloading the episode as a new version is coming out very soon (today or tomorrow) and it has a lot of new features.
Ah, okay. I'll just play them in the order they appear on the map.
This ForumPost® is the intellectual property (IP) of Kamekverse LTD. All rights reserved.
UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS VIABLE FOR CRIMINAL CHARGES ON THE GROUNDS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
ForumPost® is a registered patent of Kamekverse LTD.
Spoiler: show
And WHY are all the best episodes in the Projects section?

User avatar
SPEEDIE
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:22 pm
Flair: https://discord.gg/fahyrvk
Current Project: Blade of Justice
Chat Username: SPEEDIE
Contact:

Re: VERSION 11.0 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby SPEEDIE » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 am

Version 11.0 has been released!

Biggest addition are new levels and new map.
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Join my SMBX discord server for exclusive updates and much more.
https://discord.gg/fahyrvk

Finished Projects:

Image

Ongoing Projects:

Blade of Justice.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1881
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: VERSION 11.0 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Eclipsed » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 pm

SPEEDIE wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 am
Version 11.0 has been released!

Biggest addition are new levels and new map.
Hey I was wondering this, which version will be the fully finished final version of this episode. Since it seems like each update a new level keeps getting added.

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios
Contact:

Re: VERSION 11.0 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Chanceux2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:10 pm

Eclipsed wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 pm
SPEEDIE wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 am
Version 11.0 has been released!

Biggest addition are new levels and new map.
Hey I was wondering this, which version will be the fully finished final version of this episode. Since it seems like each update a new level keeps getting added.
Well thats true.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: VERSION 11.0 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Cedur » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 am

Can you please state within a week whether more stuff gonna's be added or it's finally ready to be retried?
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios
Contact:

Re: VERSION 11.0 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Chanceux2 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 am
Can you please state within a week whether more stuff gonna's be added or it's finally ready to be retried?
Yeah probably. On his channel he posted a vid about his new level :?

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: VERSION 11.0 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Cedur » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:49 pm

Chanceux2 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 pm
Cedur wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 am
Can you please state within a week whether more stuff gonna's be added or it's finally ready to be retried?
Yeah probably. On his channel he posted a vid about his new level :?

this was obviously aimed at Speedie but k thanks, good to know
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
SPEEDIE
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:22 pm
Flair: https://discord.gg/fahyrvk
Current Project: Blade of Justice
Chat Username: SPEEDIE
Contact:

Re: VERSION 11.0 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby SPEEDIE » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Eclipsed wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 pm
SPEEDIE wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 am
Version 11.0 has been released!

Biggest addition are new levels and new map.
Hey I was wondering this, which version will be the fully finished final version of this episode. Since it seems like each update a new level keeps getting added.
This IS the final version. All future updates will only fix bugs, but will not add any new features, except next update will add back the Death counter. Apart from that, nothing will be changed or added.

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:
Cedur wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 am
Can you please state within a week whether more stuff gonna's be added or it's finally ready to be retried?
This episode is DONE! If there are no game breaking bugs found, then no more updates will be made. If a bug significant enough is found, it will be fixed, if a next update is required, the death counter will be added back. Other than that, it's finished.

Added in 1 minute 7 seconds:
Chanceux2 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 pm
Cedur wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 am
Can you please state within a week whether more stuff gonna's be added or it's finally ready to be retried?
Yeah probably. On his channel he posted a vid about his new level :?
Just so you know, it isn't my main channel so updates won't be frequent, My main channel is called SPEEDIE, and I post Geometry Dash content there.

Added in 3 minutes 48 seconds:
Just a small reveal, I don't know if my next project will be a SMW rom hack over on SMWCentral or if i'll continue on SMBX, I do like SMBX, however I feel like it needs more world map options, If my next project is SMW based then it will take a long time, and I want it to be something big, which means, just good levels, and much more gimmicks and stuff. Stay tuned.
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Join my SMBX discord server for exclusive updates and much more.
https://discord.gg/fahyrvk

Finished Projects:

Image

Ongoing Projects:

Blade of Justice.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: VERSION 11.0 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Cedur » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:28 am

I will retry this when I have time and interest. Dunno when that will be.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios
Contact:

Re: VERSION 11.0 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Chanceux2 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:53 am

So this is a last version

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: VERSION 11.0 | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Cedur » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:00 am

Chanceux2 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:53 am
So this is a last version

not 100% entirely, as he said he'll bring back the death counter.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal


Return to “Episodes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests