COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Off-topic discussion.
Cedur
Toad
Toad

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Cedur » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:08 pm

Countlessly many sportive events are cancelled or without audience.

Ice hockey season (DEL) is completely cancelled, there's no winner this year at all.

Football matches are also greatly pertained; in Bavaria, North-Rhine-Westphalia, Schleswig-Holstein and Bremen, there are also no more events of more than 1,000 spectators.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:48 pm

While many uninformed on Twitter scream to close all schools in America I want to point out kids seem to be immune to the disease. Kids are not getting infected or dying and the experts and media are confused. The virus is mostly killing elderly people.

Added in 2 minutes 32 seconds:
Locus wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:34 am
I generally think many people are exaggerating. I see people that act like something similar has never happened before. Exactly the same sort of fear mongering happened when the Ebola virus was a big topic.
I agree completely. More people die from the flu or aids but many are fear mongering to make this worse then it is.

It's mostly affecting elderly people. No kids are being affected.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

cato
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression
Current Project: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Chat Username: Cato

Postby cato » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:18 pm

It seems ridiculous. But it is the first time that China censored it's own National Anthem.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:28 am

I'd just like to point out that kids are not immune to getting the virus and spreading it (where do you get that from?) and they DO share a responsibility for all elder or pre-sick people in their family. My grandma is 74 years old and my uncle has bowel cancer and is under chemotherapy, so I DO have a responsibility if I get the virus and spread it amongst my family, which must not happen under any circumstances.

Still I believe though that people exaggerate and as of now the virus is still too scattered and infrequent here in Germany, you shouldn't think that you couldn't leave your house anymore. I'm having huge conflict with my mom over this, she's in terrible panic.

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:45 pm

WHO has officially declared the outbreak a pandemic, confirming what we already know.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Cedur wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:28 am
I'd just like to point out that kids are not immune to getting the virus and spreading it (where do you get that from?) and they DO share a responsibility for all elder or pre-sick people in their family. My grandma is 74 years old and my uncle has bowel cancer and is under chemotherapy, so I DO have a responsibility if I get the virus and spread it amongst my family, which must not happen under any circumstances.

Still I believe though that people exaggerate and as of now the virus is still too scattered and infrequent here in Germany, you shouldn't think that you couldn't leave your house anymore. I'm having huge conflict with my mom over this, she's in terrible panic.
Everyone is saying kids are immune. A statistic report from China showed kids have less than 1% chance of getting it and elderly have over 20% chance of getting it. This could be completely wrong. I have not research it much. I also heard elderly with high blood pressure is at the biggest risk of getting it.

Still you are right. We should be extra carefull but this is Corona19 meaning we survived 18 other corona viruses.

I heard Trump suspended all travel to Europe for 30 days. If true the arelines will take a hit. I wonder what good that will do?
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:11 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:22 pm
Still you are right. We should be extra carefull but this is Corona19 meaning we survived 18 other corona viruses.
Pretty sure the name indicates the year it was discovered (2019) and not it being the latest Corona virus. Also, it's COVID-19, not Corona-19.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

thegameseum
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: h
Current Project: a secret project, which is currently on hold for now.
Chat Username: pdizzle

Postby thegameseum » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:23 pm

Bruh they legit just canceled E3 over this.
Here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-ga ... -concerns/
Man, I think they're overreacting just a tad.
Image Image
walker guy

I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

(GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

I support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:50 pm

Murphmario wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:11 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Pretty sure the name indicates the year it was discovered (2019) and not it being the latest Corona virus. Also, it's COVID-19, not Corona-19.
I assumed Teemster's comment to be sarcastic (except for saying Cedur was right).
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:54 pm

Remember that this news is just the beginning. People do not grasp exponential growth well.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:10 am

Murphmario wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:11 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
I was wrong. 1931 was the first corona virus report. There is 3 groups of corona viruses and at least 4 different viruses including the sars corona virus.

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: bruh
Current Project: vibin'
Chat Username: Saltlord#3269

Postby Saltlord » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:09 am

Although a couple of measures are too extreme in my opinion, cancelling an event on this scale is perfectly reasonable. Keep in mind, e3 had more than 60.000 attendees in the last three years. The chances of getting infected there would be high.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:37 am

Saltlord wrote:
Although a couple of measures are too extreme in my opinion, cancelling an event on this scale is perfectly reasonable. Keep in mind, e3 had more than 60.000 attendees in the last three years. The chances of getting infected there would be high.
E3 has become more and more irrelevant over the last few years. Games get leaked months before the conferences, so E3 only serves confirm what people already know, and takes away from the hype, excitement and necessity for developers to take part which existed 10 years ago. Sony and EA no longer take part as of E3 2019 and more people have confirmed they wouldn't be attending this year, including Geoff Keighley. The ESA have also doxxed people twice since around the start of E3 2019, which has definitely turned people off of attending the event ever again. Nintendo made the right call when they stopped the conferences 5 years ago and opted to only do Nintendo Directs, which is a cheaper format for revealing games.

The coronavirus will probably be the last nail in the coffin for E3 in general, not just 2020.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:40 am

The circumstances are even more distraughtful than I thought.

If you are young and well, you can get the virus without showing ANY symptomes, or completely harmless symptomes like mild sore throat for a day, and that's it. But still, as a silent carrier, you can spread the virus to many people, even a few days after having "mild symptomes".

This virus is extremely ghostly, unlike any other virus; basically you could put all of humanity under general suspicion. So if you wondered thus far why you're told to not visit elder people, this is why.

I tried to downplay it for long as you know, but now I'm getting scared too. And yeah economic damage will be incredible and who is supposed to replace all of this. 2020 is getting a disaster so much that you could basically restart 2020 next year and repeat all that is being cancelled (if things are better by then).

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:38 pm

This reminds me of that REM song. "It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine" lol just kidding.

I am worried for my parents and my 85 year old Grandfather. I still think people are over reacting but even I will admit this is having a big affect on our world.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:43 pm

I got some worrying news from a family member. If it's related to this I'll post updates, but for now I can say there have been limited access for the hospital they work at because of a supply shortage.

Remember to keep up with this: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6
This could be the big one.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:02 am

This is interesting. Someone on Twitter tried to say well if this happens under Obama he would have handled it better. Well it did happen under Obama.

H1N1 Swine Flu:
Declared a pandemic by WHO.
Everyone was chill.
Took Obama 3-4 months to declare a national emergence.
61 million people affected.
Over 12,000 people died including kids.

Coronavirus:
Declared a pandemic by WHO.
Not even a month and the left are screaming for a national emergence declaration from Trump.
Barely 2 months old and sparing kids for the most part.
The left and the media cause a mass panic in America. The left is not chill.

Difference is its Trump. If Obama was the president they would not be freaking out. They gave Obama 3-4 months before taking action but demanded action from Trump in just a few weeks.

The flu last year affected 41 million people and killed thousands. I wonder how many have died from the flu this year? The media won't say. They are to busy using this to destroy America's economy and make Trump look bad.

The coronavirus has the same symptoms as the flu. In other words it's just an accelerated flu. The flu kills over 10,000 people every year. I heard South Korea is doing just fine for being so close to China. Most people are recovering.

In my oppinion the media in America sucks. Just take your vitamin c, drink water and take cold flu medicine if you get sick and you should be fine.

When I was a kid I had a fever of 104 for Christmas and it sucked. When's it's that high it's life threatening. I had to go to the hospital. This is no different.

Added in 1 hour 5 minutes 46 seconds:
China is now saying it's past its peak. New cases drop to the single digits and slowing down. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

As it gets warmer and Summer comes I would expect this to die down even more.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:01 pm

NYC had recently banned large gatherings of 500 people, and closed Broadway for 4-6 weeks. There's also estimation that this epidemic could last for six months, but it honestly should not be seen as a guarantee. Also, why is the media is acting like an epidemic is something they've never experienced before?
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Spoiler: show
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:01 pm
NYC had recently banned large gatherings of 500 people, and closed Broadway for 4-6 weeks. There's also estimation that this epidemic could last for six months, but it honestly should not be seen as a guarantee. Also, why is the media is acting like an epidemic is something they've never experienced before?
Coronavirus patients are saying it's not as bad as everyone claims it is here in America. Doctors are even saying it's not that bad.

Also in the US alone last year there was 46,000 deaths from the common flu.

Worldwide the Coronavirus only has a little over 5,000 deaths and is said to be ending in some countries and not a problem in others.

Everything is shutting down because the left, Democrats and the WHO are fear mongering.

Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:23 pm

My school district just decided to close its schools for a month; not exactly gonna celebrate because that means school won't be out until July 1st

Return to “Sandbox”