SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8729
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:28 am

Cedur wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:57 am
So, at some future point we will be able to use all-directional piranha plants and venus piranha plants?
Almost certainly. The more interesting question is whether NPC Pack makers or Saturnyoshi are going to be faster in making a suitable implementation.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:47 pm

So... the magic question

What are the minimum requirements...?
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8729
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:50 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:47 pm
So... the magic question

What are the minimum requirements...?
Generally anything more powerful than a celeron processor and software-based opengl, newer than 2005. Computers built for gaming in the 2010s will have little to no issues. Dunno the exact numbers.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

User avatar
Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 am
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer
Current Project: Ramsey (VX Ace), retro gaming binge, DOOM/monster infighting (lolz)
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Amyrakunejo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:11 am

Enjl wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:50 pm
PopYoshi wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:47 pm
So... the magic question

What are the minimum requirements...?
Generally anything more powerful than a celeron processor and software-based opengl, newer than 2005. Computers built for gaming in the 2010s will have little to no issues. Dunno the exact numbers.
Newer than 2008, would be more accurate; Intel Celeron 430 1.8 GHz (STOCK CPU THAT CAME WITH THIS DELL OPTIPLEX 330) will not handle Beta 4.
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...


"Is there really a choice for us, or are we always, sometimes monsters?"

What my POTATO PC can run with little to no issues:
SMBX 1.3, SMBX 2 Beta 3, RM2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace
What it struggles with:
NSMBX, SMBX 2 Beta 4, RMMV


Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8729
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:23 am

Amyrakunejo wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:11 am
Enjl wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:50 pm
PopYoshi wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:47 pm
So... the magic question

What are the minimum requirements...?
Generally anything more powerful than a celeron processor and software-based opengl, newer than 2005. Computers built for gaming in the 2010s will have little to no issues. Dunno the exact numbers.
Newer than 2008, would be more accurate; Intel Celeron 430 1.8 GHz (STOCK CPU THAT CAME WITH THIS DELL OPTIPLEX 330) will not handle Beta 4.
I believe I remarked about the low quality of Celeron Processors in regards to gaming in the previous post. They're designed for Microsoft Office.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:56 am

welp
I tried to play it
nothing happened
I just reached the launcher and when I started the game no loading window popped up
welp
let's return to 1.3 again
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
Reign
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:22 am
Current Project: Yet untitled.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Reign » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:53 am

PopYoshi wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:56 am
welp
I tried to play it
nothing happened
I just reached the launcher and when I started the game no loading window popped up
welp
let's return to 1.3 again
Trying to resolve the problem would likely be a better idea than returning to an outdated version. Not that I have a solution, but you might want to create an exception for your firewall/antivirus.
Episodes released:

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6477
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Cedur » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:12 am

Reign wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:53 am
PopYoshi wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:56 am
welp
I tried to play it
nothing happened
I just reached the launcher and when I started the game no loading window popped up
welp
let's return to 1.3 again
Trying to resolve the problem would likely be a better idea than returning to an outdated version. Not that I have a solution, but you might want to create an exception for your firewall/antivirus.

You're not aware of how many troubles PopYoshi has with his computers in general. SMBX2 has never reliably worked for him.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:45 pm

Reign wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:53 am
PopYoshi wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:56 am
welp
I tried to play it
nothing happened
I just reached the launcher and when I started the game no loading window popped up
welp
let's return to 1.3 again
Trying to resolve the problem would likely be a better idea than returning to an outdated version. Not that I have a solution, but you might want to create an exception for your firewall/antivirus.
My antivirus isn't on, is not working for my own decision :b
It just doesn't open and I don't get any warning message from the antivirus
soooo...........
Yeh
I'll leave my specs anyway

Image
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 561
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:16 pm
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest "Relowserd"

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Sednaiur » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:08 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:45 pm
This sounds pretty much like the problem I have. I double click the SMBX2 exe, then it loads around a second or two, and then nothing. I never actually saw the launcher page or anything like that. I can only open PGE and testplay levels so far.

Image

愛している、ビアンカ!

Lua-rank:Image

Spoiler: show

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:10 pm

Sednaiur wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:08 pm
PopYoshi wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:45 pm
This sounds pretty much like the problem I have. I double click the SMBX2 exe, then it loads around a second or two, and then nothing. I never actually saw the launcher page or anything like that. I can only open PGE and testplay levels so far.
I just saw the launcher, then clicked play, the launcher closed and nothing happened
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 561
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:16 pm
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest "Relowserd"

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Sednaiur » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:40 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:10 pm
Well, you technically still see the launcher. I cannot even get as far as to comprehend how the launcher looks, what it has in store or what one can do with it. Also prevents me from ever creating a custom launcher page. :-P
Anyways. Did you already try to use the "LunaLoader" directly? It is located in SMBX2/data.

Image

愛している、ビアンカ!

Lua-rank:Image

Spoiler: show

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8729
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:46 pm

The patch will address issues people have had with starting the game, but I'm not sure if we can make it work for someone with an Intel Atom (jesus christ) CPU (the predecessor to the Celeron).
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

User avatar
Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2178
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Murphmario » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:08 pm

Check to see if it's giving an error popup upon clicking the launcher. That's what's happening for me.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:46 pm
The patch will address issues people have had with starting the game, but I'm not sure if we can make it work for someone with an Intel Atom (jesus christ) CPU (the predecessor to the Celeron).
Welp
this pc isn't really new
We buyed it physically
But I was expecting it to work even with lag
Pray for 1.3, there will be a point where everything will be in SMBX2 knowing that now it has so many cool vanilla stuff and I will limit myself to create instead of play

What a cruel destiny :b
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 am
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer
Current Project: Ramsey (VX Ace), retro gaming binge, DOOM/monster infighting (lolz)
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Amyrakunejo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:57 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:46 pm
The patch will address issues people have had with starting the game, but I'm not sure if we can make it work for someone with an Intel Atom (Sweet Mercy) CPU (the predecessor to the Celeron).
Here's hoping, may Odinn's hand be gentle...
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...


"Is there really a choice for us, or are we always, sometimes monsters?"

What my POTATO PC can run with little to no issues:
SMBX 1.3, SMBX 2 Beta 3, RM2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace
What it struggles with:
NSMBX, SMBX 2 Beta 4, RMMV


User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:43 am

I just want to say that you guys are amazing for what you do. I have mostly moved on from Mario editors but I need to try this out sometime and maybe even make a level for old time's sake. The hard work and dedication that you all have put into SMBX2 is wonderful so keep up the good work!
Image

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8729
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:52 am

Patch's out btw! Check the downloads page in the first post! Available as a full download as well as a drag-and-drop archive update for existing installations. The changelog has also been updated.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

User avatar
litchh
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 am

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby litchh » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Thanks for making background-36 foreground.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6477
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Cedur » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:58 pm

Enjl wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:52 am
Patch's out btw! Check the downloads page in the first post! Available as a full download as well as a drag-and-drop archive update for existing installations. The changelog has also been updated.

Thanks for the patch!

In other words, if you already have Beta 4 installed, just extract the patch and overwrite.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal


Return to “LunaLua”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests