SMBX Site Q&A

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
User avatar
Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Rhosty » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:40 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:46 pm
Rhosty wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:33 pm
I don't know what happened, but when I tried to change my profile picture, a message
on the loaded page said "page not found"
I've had this happen very rarely. Were you able to update your profile picture?
I tried again today, still can't.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5971
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:02 pm

Remember when I request the next SMBX community double elimination tournament to be on Pokémon Sword & Shield back in June? I did some thinking during work on the rules, AND decided to do a "Best 2 out of 3 rounds" rule for each bracket instead of using Nuzlocke rules! So can we do a community tournament on Sword & Shield with these rules instead:
Rules for this tourney: show

What I came up with:

  • For each round, both contestants must choose 3 of the 6 Pokémon from his/her team.
  • No Pokémon in you team that are Level 49 or below aren't allowed!
  • Like I said in this post, each bracket is best 2 out of 3 wins!
  • You can't have duplicates in your Pokémon team.
  • If the time limit for the round expires, whoever has the most non-fainted Pokémon wins the round. (Time limit for each round is STILL TBA atm)
  • Also, if the time limit for the round expires, and both contestants have the same number of non-fainted Pokémon, add the number of HP each alive Pokémon has left, and the contestant with the most HP wins the round!
  • Bring any Pokémon in this community based online tourney, excluding some such as Mewtwo, & Mew for example. Just for fairness! (More info on that in the future)
  • Held items are prohibited! Take the held item away from your Pokémon team in-game please!

So are the rules in the spoilers okay with everyone! ^_^"

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Aero » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:25 pm

Rhosty wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:40 pm
I tried again today, still can't.
PM me if you still aren't able to.
FireyPaperMario wrote: Remember when I request the next SMBX community double elimination tournament to be on Pokémon Sword & Shield back in June? I did some thinking during work on the rules, AND decided to do a "Best 2 out of 3 rounds" rule for each bracket instead of using Nuzlocke rules! So can we do a community tournament on Sword & Shield with these rules instead:
Rules for this tourney: show

What I came up with:

  • For each round, both contestants must choose 3 of the 6 Pokémon from his/her team.
  • No Pokémon in you team that are Level 49 or below aren't allowed!
  • Like I said in this post, each bracket is best 2 out of 3 wins!
  • You can't have duplicates in your Pokémon team.
  • If the time limit for the round expires, whoever has the most non-fainted Pokémon wins the round. (Time limit for each round is STILL TBA atm)
  • Also, if the time limit for the round expires, and both contestants have the same number of non-fainted Pokémon, add the number of HP each alive Pokémon has left, and the contestant with the most HP wins the round!
  • Bring any Pokémon in this community based online tourney, excluding some such as Mewtwo, & Mew for example. Just for fairness! (More info on that in the future)
  • Held items are prohibited! Take the held item away from your Pokémon team in-game please!

So are the rules in the spoilers okay with everyone! ^_^"
Try this out first as a regular tournament to gauge the interest in something like this.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6490
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:59 am

How do the occasional "last bumped by ..." messages occur? (example: viewtopic.php?f=89&p=350832#p350832)
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Aero » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:03 pm

That happens when a button is available to bump an old topic.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6490
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:38 pm

I have never ever seen that. Where is it located, how does it look like, and under which circumstances does it appear?
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Aero » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:37 pm

If you made a thread that has not been bumped in a while then a link will appear under "Topic tools" (The tanooki suit icon) that will bump the topic.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6490
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Thanks, I've also seen it now in an old thread of mine (Google research was a bit confusing). Again, thanks for the information.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6490
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 am

Is there gonna be another password change prompt soon?
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Aero » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:33 pm

No, that shouldn't be necessary.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6490
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:45 pm

So I just noticed that there is a "newly registered users" group. How does it work?
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4487
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Electriking » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:45 pm
So I just noticed that there is a "newly registered users" group. How does it work?
New users have to have posts approved. After 1 post is approved of, the user becomes a regular member. This exists to prevent spam bots from posting.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6490
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:54 am

Aero wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:33 pm
No, that shouldn't be necessary.

Ok, but how about the wiki then?
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Aero » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:50 pm

The wiki is not the priority atm but there will be an announcement about it eventually.

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1392
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Stargard
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:42 am

Electriking wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:45 pm
So I just noticed that there is a "newly registered users" group. How does it work?
New users have to have posts approved. After 1 post is approved of, the user becomes a regular member. This exists to prevent spam bots from posting.
This wasn't always the case, if I recall I didn't need my first post to be approved back in 2017 (unless it was a thing but there's no notification of it?)

Also, what's going to be happening with the Social Media team? The channel in Discord has been inactive for a few months and I don't believe any posts have been made to the SMBX socials recently either. Being a part of that team, this does concern me and I'm wondering what is planned for the future of the SMBX Social Media group?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Image
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4487
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Electriking » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:03 am

Taycamgame wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:42 am
Electriking wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:45 pm
So I just noticed that there is a "newly registered users" group. How does it work?
New users have to have posts approved. After 1 post is approved of, the user becomes a regular member. This exists to prevent spam bots from posting.
This wasn't always the case, if I recall I didn't need my first post to be approved back in 2017 (unless it was a thing but there's no notification of it?)
It was introduced about 6 months ago IIRC.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Aero » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:50 pm

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=23727#p349032 This was when we started using that.

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1392
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Stargard
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Ah, I see.
Anyway, back to my main point
"Also, what's going to be happening with the Social Media team? The channel in Discord has been inactive for a few months and I don't believe any posts have been made to the SMBX socials recently either. Being a part of that team, this does concern me and I'm wondering what is planned for the future of the SMBX Social Media group?"
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Image
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6490
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:20 pm

To my knowledge, literally nobody reacted to Warlock's thread that's still a global announcement
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5971
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:48 pm

I gotta get this off my chest out of curiosity. Why is Kley forums bot now?


Return to “Site Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest