What's your Smash main?

This is the place for video games!
User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5970
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:31 pm

Bottle_of_Water wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm
Hero is a very strong character, I like him which is unusual since I don't like JRPGs.
But I bet a lot of people were like "another Fire Emblem".
Dude, Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem are two different JRPGs! One's a Strategy RPG, and the other's a traditional JRPG

User avatar
UlticraftMTT
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Voyage: Super Mario Bros. 5
Chat Username: UCMTT

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby UlticraftMTT » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:15 pm

64: I don't know honestly.

Melee: I don't know honestly.

Brawl: Sonic

3DS/Wii U: Mega Man

Ultimate: I switch between Bayonetta, Wario, and Piranha Plant quite a bit. Banjo-Kazooie will be my permanent primary once they come out.

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby MegaDood » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:05 am

Bottle_of_Water wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm
MegaDood wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:53 am
I feel like a lot of people are going to start maining the DLC fighters, especially Banjo, which is very understandable. But I don't hear too many people talking about The Hero, at least not in the West.
Hero is a very strong character, I like him which is unusual since I don't like JRPGs.
But I bet a lot of people were like "another Fire Emblem".
And the fact his down special is not a counter is almost like Sakurai specifically doing everything to not make it a counter.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:


Image
Image
Image

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8735
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby Enjl » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:57 am

MegaDood wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:05 am
Bottle_of_Water wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm
MegaDood wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:53 am
I feel like a lot of people are going to start maining the DLC fighters, especially Banjo, which is very understandable. But I don't hear too many people talking about The Hero, at least not in the West.
Hero is a very strong character, I like him which is unusual since I don't like JRPGs.
But I bet a lot of people were like "another Fire Emblem".
And the fact his down special is not a counter is almost like Sakurai specifically doing everything to not make it a counter.
Robin, Ganondorf and the Links are swordfighters without counters. You're right in that the development team did "everything" in that move though.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5970
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Wait, I know that Ganondorf is a swordfighter and all, but his specials are very like Captain Falcon's.... Why did you classify him as a swordfighter when he DOESN'T fight with a sword?!?

User avatar
Bottle_of_Water
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 5:35 pm
Flair: I am essential to life.
Current Project: Luigi's Quest - The Seven Trials
Chat Username: Bottle o' Water

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby Bottle_of_Water » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Kirby is a sword fighter because he can inhale marth right?
Actually everyone can use the beam sword, so everyone is a sword fighter.
I usually do not like water levels in Video Games.

My Projects:

Custom World - Really Old Game, and pretty bad too. This was more of a experimental episode.

New Super Mario Bros Remaster - NSMB DS but in my style

Luigi's Quest - The Seven Trials - My Current Game I'm Working On. This is what I always wanted to make as a kid, and I've been working on this for 2 Years probably.

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby HenryRichard » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:52 pm

I mained Lucario in the older Smash games but I'm garbage with him in Ultimate. Now I main Bowser; I still like using other characters though even though I'm terrible with them.
Jesus is my savior.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5970
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:22 am

HenryRichard wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:52 pm
I mained Lucario in the older Smash games but I'm garbage with him in Ultimate. Now I main Bowser; I still like using other characters though even though I'm terrible with them.
Give it some time dude, you'll master Lucario in Smash Ultimate soon! ;)

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby MegaDood » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm
Wait, I know that Ganondorf is a swordfighter and all, but his specials are very like Captain Falcon's.... Why did you classify him as a swordfighter when he DOESN'T fight with a sword?!?
He uses his sword in his forward, up and down smash attacks.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5970
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:35 am

MegaDood wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 am
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm
Wait, I know that Ganondorf is a swordfighter and all, but his specials are very like Captain Falcon's.... Why did you classify him as a swordfighter when he DOESN'T fight with a sword?!?
He uses his sword in his forward, up and down smash attacks.
Oh, my bad! Thought he fights like Captain Falcon like in Melee

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby MegaDood » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:14 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:35 am
MegaDood wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 am
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm
Wait, I know that Ganondorf is a swordfighter and all, but his specials are very like Captain Falcon's.... Why did you classify him as a swordfighter when he DOESN'T fight with a sword?!?
He uses his sword in his forward, up and down smash attacks.
Oh, my bad! Thought he fights like Captain Falcon like in Melee
He did for every game up to Ultimate. They changed it for that game.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5970
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 am

I'll tell ya what, I'm gonna update my mains list once the Terry Bogard DLC gets released in November. ;)

User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:52 am

I come to say that I have changed it to Pit since I last posted.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby MegaDood » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:14 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 am
I'll tell ya what, I'm gonna update my mains list once the Terry Bogard DLC gets released in November. ;)
He already looks sick as heck. I hope he has a lot of advanced tech like with Ryu and Ken.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
thegameseum
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:26 am
Flair: non binary (they, them)
Current Project: a secret project, which is currently on hold for now.
Chat Username: pdizzle
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby thegameseum » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:11 pm

Game & Watch currently. Might main him for a while.
Image Image
walker guy

I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

(GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

I support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby MegaDood » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:45 am

I don't tend to ever change mains, so I'm wondering, does it help to improve by switching mains every now and then?
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5970
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:40 am

MegaDood wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:45 am
I don't tend to ever change mains, so I'm wondering, does it help to improve by switching mains every now and then?
It depends on the player's experiences with certain playable characters.

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby MegaDood » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:17 am

I don't think I've ever going to stop playing Mega Man, so my advice for players is to have a solid main who you can always rely on.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:50 pm
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue May 05, 2020 12:36 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:09 pm
In Smash Ultimate, I'm a Pokémon Trainer Main (Gee, they sure got crazily buffed this time huh? :/).
My secondary's Joker, and I have a rarely used Pocket Ness (I also sometimes play Wario). I used to main King K. Rool just for fun, but I still play him just for a fun time.
This hasn't aged well. Anyways;

Main: Pokemon Trainer
Secondary: Villager, (Ness or Joker)
Pocket: King K. Rool, Byleth

I'm still looking around for a second secondary, and replacing K. Rool with a better pocket of interest.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Spoiler: show
Image
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

User avatar
Hammerless Penguin
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 am
Flair: Just kicking that kirby to the curb!
Current Project: Super Mario And The 10 Golden Elements
Chat Username: Hammerless penguin
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby Hammerless Penguin » Tue May 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Main: King Dedede (what a surprise)
Secondary: bowser
Third: Pac-Man

I also occasionally play as Kirby and Pokémon trainer. Mostly when I’m not really playing competitively for reasons.
Check out this big neat project coming soon to smbx2 beta4!
Image

Switch FC: SW-8458-1591-5797


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests