Wellness Thread

Off-topic discussion.
Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Re: Wellness Thread

Postby Waddle » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:20 am

I go to the gym three times a week and going there's a thirty-minute bike ride as well. My diet's pretty wholesome but I'm a vegetarian so I take daily iron and vitamin D supplements.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:31 am

I sometimes pump weighs and I also ride a stationary bicycle in my room often. (true I should do it even more)
I also go to physiotherapy in my school twice a week due to my backbone deformations caused by my sudden growth.
I also mostly eat meat and rice. Sadly I dislike fruit and hate veggies, which I should not but I cannot change that fact.
I also avoid smoking, drinking alcohol or energy drinks.

Also when I eat chocolate products I'm trying to strive for dark chocolate, since that one has less a tad bit less sugar.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:24 am

I'm not a complete couch potato but not highly sportive either. My nutrition is pretty good and balanced thanks to my mother taking care of it (I'd do worse if I lived alone), but I also have a strong penchant for cake, ice cream, chocolate and related sweets
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:45 pm

I'm trying to cut back on drinking soda because my joints have been hurting lately. I'm also trying to eat less because I'm a little overweight.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Drinking less soda helps a lot with weight loss. I've gone from daily to weekly and haven't really wanted to have soda at all lately, and it's helped a bit with overall health. A little bit of sugar makes everything go a little kooky.

TheNewGuy
Eerie
Eerie
Chat Username: TNG

Postby TheNewGuy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm

I train sleeping with obstacles every day.
I support:
Spoiler: show

Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:53 pm

GhostHawk wrote:Drinking less soda helps a lot with weight loss. I've gone from daily to weekly and haven't really wanted to have soda at all lately, and it's helped a bit with overall health. A little bit of sugar makes everything go a little kooky.
I remember one time I went an entire year drinking no soda at all, just water, but as soon as I drank a little bit of soda, I gradually drank more until I was addicted again.

chuckster
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: formerly the socially naive idiot theloaflord
Current Project: smw stuff

Postby chuckster » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 pm

GhostHawk wrote:Drinking less soda helps a lot with weight loss. I've gone from daily to weekly and haven't really wanted to have soda at all lately, and it's helped a bit with overall health. A little bit of sugar makes everything go a little kooky.
Haven't touched soda in about a year now.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:58 pm

Hello GhostHawk, quite a good thread you have here! I would like to share my thoughts with all of you.

Something that really helps out with your mental and physical health is positivity. Negative thoughts are something you should try to avoid. With a gleeful attitude, you will always feel better with yourself, and you will have an easier time performing your everyday tasks.

It's been nice to read all of your choices, I'll try some of them out myself! Cheers.

Artemis009
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Chat Username: artemis

Postby Artemis009 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:45 am

Nien wrote:Hello GhostHawk, quite a good thread you have here! I would like to share my thoughts with all of you.

Something that really helps out with your mental and physical health is positivity. Negative thoughts are something you should try to avoid. With a gleeful attitude, you will always feel better with yourself, and you will have an easier time performing your everyday tasks.

It's been nice to read all of your choices, I'll try some of them out myself! Cheers.
I wish it was that easy, I won't go too into detail, since it's not allowed here, but after trying to find a sense of joy for many years, I just gave up. Everyone told me things would get better if I waited, but they never did, so I just stopped looking altogether.
"life is game we all lose"
-gramfelf

https://discord.gg/WWhZsan
Suffer from depression? Join the Literature Club Support Server, we can (and will) help you!

chuckster
Ninji
Ninji

Postby chuckster » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:20 am

Artemis009 wrote:
Nien wrote:Hello GhostHawk, quite a good thread you have here! I would like to share my thoughts with all of you.

I wish it was that easy, I won't go too into detail, since it's not allowed here, but after trying to find a sense of joy for many years, I just gave up. Everyone told me things would get better if I waited, but they never did, so I just stopped looking altogether.
People think I'm super negative but they never seem to understand that once you understand the truth about how cruel this world is, you can't really escape thinking about it.

I'm what's considered an "angsty" person. I have a very large hatred for the generation and humanity itself (NOT EVERYONE.). It annoys me because when I state my views on the generation or humanity people think I'm going to go kill a bunch of kids or something. I would never do that, which really ticks me off when people assume that.

Anyways back to positive thoughts I just feel like thinking positive does nothing. You're only lying to yourself to try and make yourself feel better. Thinking positively is basically sugarcoating life.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:51 am

This is something all young people feel at some level. When it comes down to it negativity is an outcome and not a circumstance. It's easy to take in a bunch of physical and mental poison all day, and then attribute your frustrations to some group or society at large. Letting it build up is easy too with escapism. But it's only younger people (14-35) that get bogged down by negativity and lose their minds over it. Having a hissy fit isn't the way to deal with it, and I'd put terrorism (also the same young demographic) like what happened in Toronto in that category, but to just confide in sources of positivity with all the crap out of the way. It's just self harm to keep a negative outlook or a false sense of positivity.

One of the things that helped me get over negativity was - not in any particular order - exercising self control, getting out of heavy political interests, calming down about things not in anyone's control, and understanding the Bible better. The outcome of this has been a drop in negativity for me, and a more positive outlook on things. It's something one has to do for themselves because nobody can change anyone else's mind; you have to let in something new and better.

chuckster
Ninji
Ninji

Postby chuckster » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:07 am

GhostHawk wrote:...calming down about things not in anyone's control...
Yes, I do that a lot (Freaking out about uncontrollable things, not calming down at them.). It's just so hard calming down for me, when I know these issues can not be stopped at all.

TheNewGuy
Eerie
Eerie
Chat Username: TNG

Postby TheNewGuy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:55 pm

I am on a seafood diet.
I see food, and I eat it.
I support:
Spoiler: show

Artemis009
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Chat Username: artemis

Postby Artemis009 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:04 pm

TheLoafLord wrote:
GhostHawk wrote:...calming down about things not in anyone's control...
Yes, I do that a lot (Freaking out about uncontrollable things, not calming down at them.). It's just so hard calming down for me, when I know these issues can not be stopped at all.
It just really grinds my gears when I get screwed over by shit I have no control over. It feels like God is slapping me across the face.
"life is game we all lose"
-gramfelf

https://discord.gg/WWhZsan
Suffer from depression? Join the Literature Club Support Server, we can (and will) help you!

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:08 pm

TheLoafLord wrote:
People think I'm super negative but they never seem to understand that once you understand the truth about how cruel this world is, you can't really escape thinking about it.

I'm what's considered an "angsty" person. I have a very large hatred for the generation and humanity itself (NOT EVERYONE.). It annoys me because when I state my views on the generation or humanity people think I'm going to go kill a bunch of kids or something. I would never do that, which really ticks me off when people assume that.

Anyways back to positive thoughts I just feel like thinking positive does nothing. You're only lying to yourself to try and make yourself feel better. Thinking positively is basically sugarcoating life.
You must have some extremely negative views of the world if people start thinking you're going to kill a bunch of kids the moment you state your opinion.

There's also nothing wrong with thinking positively. You'll always be able to see the best out of bad situations with that mindset. On the other hand, if you always have negative thoughts, you're going to feel like shit no matter what. There's a difference between being realistic and always expecting the worst.

Return to “Sandbox”