Game Concept Thread

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Re: Game Concept Thread

Postby Mosaic » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:33 pm

Know what i'm submitting now

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

loop13
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: I mainly play Celeste nowadays
Current Project: failing English IV
Chat Username: loop13uh

Postby loop13 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Good luck, MosaicMario.
@Witchking666, your concept is very well planned. I really can't describe it though.
Hello, I make a lot of typos
specific people know my whereabouts though

my wifi is as useful as a brick

im more active on discord

:idea: I'm not (completely) dead; I rarely talk because I usually have nothin to say; I'll talk when I actually have a comment I want to make, or if someone asks me somethin...

nostalgia is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

anything before 2020 is most likely me being a weirdo or an idiot.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:49 pm

MosaicMario wrote:I'd really like you to respond, but which should i submit in the M39/40 Host signups? The Subcon one, Ace Attorney one(Plan on overhauling it to make it actually fun), or Slime one?
Subcon if you make it a little better.

ImageImageImage

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Re: Game Concept: Terror is in Every Corner.

Postby Sancles-Chan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:37 pm

witchking666 wrote:M39+ Terror is in every corner

In a desert far away there are a group of Terrorists. After their government fell they took control of the land. They have been forcing the locals to follow their rediculously strict religious rules at the punishment of death. The military was sent to resolve the conflict. However, something weird started happening. Even though the number of terrorists dropped rapidly, it seemed like the number of kills only became higher. Eventually the military figured out what was going on. An unknown warlord was recruiting people and using them to take control of the land himself. The soldiers, now trapped in two armed conflicts suddely had to deal with an even bigger threat to their lives.

Terrorists
-Captor: Can take someone hostage every night, roleblocking and inspecting them at the same time. Can only do this on the same player once.
-Suicide bomber: Can kill someone in a suicide attack once during the game. If someone is protecting the targetted player at night they will die too.
-Sadist: May use extreme violence on the mafia's kill victim every other night. Making them cardflip Black.
-Propagandist: May broadcast a message through the host every night. The message is indistinguishable from the journalist's.

The Military:
-General: May perform one of the following abilities every night: Inspect, Protect, Kill and Roleblock. They cannot use the same ability twice in a row. Due to their high rank the general has a unique cardflip colour.
-Spy: Can use a drone to find out someone’s cardflip colour every night.
-Journalist: May broadcast a message through the host every night. The message is indistinguishable from the Propagandist’s.
-Rogue: Can kill someone without authorization every night, if they kill an innocent, they will lose their ability and cardflip red for a single night.
-Medic: May visit another player every night. Protecting them from death.
-Dissector: Can anatomize a dead player and learn their exact role every other night.
-Executioner: May once during the game either cancel the lynch or host a second one.
-Corporal: Lynch vote counts double.
-Soldier: Nothing special, can cast a lynch vote.
-Soldier:
-Soldier:
-Soldier:
-Soldier:
-Hated Soldier: A Soldier with a bad reputation.
-Outsider: A Soldier from a different unit, the other soldiers don’t trust him that much.

Third Party:
-Warlord: May kill a player every night. If for some reason or another the kill attempt fails the target’s alignment and cardflip colour will be changed into that of the Warlord. The Warlord’s recruits will keep any ability they had before their conversion except for the the Sadist and the Martyr, they will lose their abilities. The General is immune to conversion by the Warlord. The Warlord cannot be nightkilled by anyone but the suicide bomber. The Warlord and his recruits win by being the last man/men standing or by outnumbering the town.
Additional Information: show
*All ability usage is optional
*If someone gets roleblocked they will be notified.
*If a kill attempt failed it will be announced to the public even if the failed kill attempt resulted in conversion by the warlord.
Role-specific information: show
*The Suicide Bomber's kill cannot be stopped by any means. Not even by nightkill immunity.
*The Propagandist and the Journalist's message can only contain up to 250 characters long and cannot contain fake death messages.
*The General cannot self-protect.
*The Medic can self-protect.
*If the executioner decides to host a second lynch the day will be extended by 12 hours, after that the night will go on as usual.
*Although unlikely, if the Suicide bomber and the Warlord target the same player while that player is protected. The Suicide Bomber's kill will be prioritized over the warlord's recruitment.

I made this game together with ShadowstarX. Feedback and critisism is, as always, greatly appreciated.
I feel like the sadist should only be able to change the cardlip color to black once in the game.
She/Her

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Sanct wrote:
witchking666 wrote:Game
I feel like the sadist should only be able to change the cardlip color to black once in the game.
That was the original plan. But then I realized that the dissector would completely nullify the sadist if I were to do that. So I decided to make them both able to do it the same amount of times. Thus, making the dissector and the sadist paired roles like the journalist and the propagandist. But i'll consider changing it up if other people find it necessary too.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:09 pm

witchking666 wrote:
Sanct wrote:
witchking666 wrote:Game
That was the original plan. But then I realized that the dissector would completely nullify the sadist if I were to do that. So I decided to make them both able to do it the same amount of times. Thus, making the dissector and the sadist paired roles like the journalist and the propagandist. But i'll consider changing it up.
Well I think you could maybe make the sadist able to use it twice.
Also it only hides if a player was a special or not, since it can only kill townspeople, so I guess it's not that OP if it has limited usages in this way. (and given that the dissector can still identify the bodies)
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:43 pm

I fixed it. Please keep the feedback coming.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:59 pm

M#: Get Down, Mr. President!

Gameplay:
15 players
Factions
Normal lynching (called "jailing" in this game for lore purposes only)
Special rules (see below)
Cardflip/Colorflip

Rules:
The basic concept of this game is that there are three factions/political parties, each composed of four Senators and a Presidential Candidate on each faction, ie:

The Red Party
Presidential Candidate
Senator
Senator
Senator
Senator

The Blue Party
Presidential Candidate
Senator
Senator
Senator
Senator

The Green Party
Presidential Candidate
Senator
Senator
Senator
Senator

In this game, nobody knows who anyone else is, EXCEPT for the presidential candidates. Everyone in the game knows who the three candidates are, and each senator knows which candidate matches their political party/color (but not the parties of the other presidents).

Before Night 1 comes a preliminary Election phase. A poll will go up that will ask which candidate should be elected President (though not advised, presidential candidates don't have to vote for themselves [this wouldn't be a problem if I could tell which users votes for which options in the poll, but the site doesn't have that capability...I don't think it does, anyway]).

Whoever is elected President will have their color announced to the whole game. During the same phase, the President then has the ability to appoint 5 people particular roles (cannot appoint other candidates).
These roles are:
Vice President: The Vice President is able to inspect players to see which political party they belong to (which color they are).
Secret Service Agent (x2): If someone attempts to kill the president, one of the agents will take the hit for him, killing both the agent and the attacker. If an agent is targeted, they just die. Both agents know who each other are (but not their party/color).
Speechwriter: The Speechwriter is able to write an anonymous speech that is displayed the next phase (indistinguishable from other speeches, see below).
Assassin: The Assassin can choose to either kill someone on their own accord, or follow the President's kill-order (see below). The Assassin will lose the ability to kill for one night if they kill an innocent, UNLESS they were following the President's orders. If this role dies, the President is allowed to appoint another after a 2-phase cool down time.

The intended challenge of this appointing system is that there's a chance that the President may inadvertently appoint members from the enemy team, effectively and accidentally making them spies. The President must be careful about who he appoints based on who did and didn't vote for him during the election phase, and any events that may occur afterward.

The losing presidential candidates gain a different advantage than the President. They are then put in contact with all of their respective party members, and their respective senators now have the ability to decide upon a kill each night (even if they were elected by the President). The losing candidates are also able to write anonymous speeches that are distributed the next phase (indistinguishable from other speeches).

Each day phase acts like any normal Mafia game, only "lynching" is called "jailing" for canonical reasons. Let's assume this society doesn't barbarically lynch off political figures in the town square.
Each night phase acts just as normal. Players use their roles at night.

What's the goal of the game, after all of this? Well, first, take a look at this:
The Red Party hates the Green Party.
The Green Party hates the Blue Party.
The Blue Party hates the Red Party.

Based on this, depending on which candidate wins the election, different parties will have different goals, but it's always the same pattern.
Let's say, for example, the Red Presidential Candidate became President. This means:

The Blue Party's goal is to kill the President. The moment the President dies, the Blue Party wins.
The Red Party's goal is to keep the President alive until Day 5 (where his term ends or something, idk, lore reasons).
The Green Party's goal is to kill off the entirety of the Blue Party. When all of the Blue Party members die, the Green Party wins. In this scenario, the Green Party is NOT allowed to target the President.

In summary, this game is essentially a game of rock-paper-scissors with political parties in a Mafia format, and depending on who is elected President, the goals of the different parties change, but stick to the same pattern based on the above "R hates G, G hates B, and B hates R" paragraph. It's rather complex for a Mafia game, I'll admit, but hopefully I can try to make it as easy to understand as possible.
If I missed anything or should make a tweak, please don't hesitate to tell me. I'd probably pick Timewarp to run in the next Host Signups over this concept, but I'd love it if people also gave this one some thought as well.
Last edited by Paper on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steam:
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:07 pm

You should change the sadist ability so the dissector can't use his ability in a player that cardflipped black

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?

Postby Mosaic » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:02 pm

M??:Aquatic Showdown
19 Players
Role Usage is Mandatory
Lynching is Optional

The Bad Sea Creatures
Great White Shark: They can switch their cardflip color with another’s of their choice each night and that will make their colors switched the following day phase, it wears off the next day phase and they can’t select the same person twice in a row.
Moray Eel: Can strangle a player with it's body each night to cause them to flip black next day phase.
Barracuda: Can scare a player away from the coral reef, which will disable their ability that night and silence them the next day.
Dim-Witted Stingray: They can kill someone once every 2 nights, but they are uninformed on who their teammates are. Can’t kill night 1.

The Coral Reef
Heroic Swordfish: They can choose 1 of 3 actions each night, they can:
Kill – Kills a player, however, killing someone innocent will cause them to lose all abilities for the next night
Inspect – Can learn the color of a player. Can also inspect a dead player to learn their exact role.
Double Vote – Can double their lynch vote next day phase
Manta Ray: Can learn about 1 thing in the activity log last night phase each night but it’s choosen at random.
This means it can learn something like:
the TP killed/attempted to kill this person
the mafia killed this person
this special used their ability on this person
Electric Eel: Can pick up a dead player’s ability and it will become their ability, this includes the bad sea creatures and TP, however, it can't use the Great white's ability and nothing happens.
Dolphin: They can protect a player each night. Can protect themselves once in the game.
Crab: Knows who the anemone is
Anemone: Knows who the crab is
Angler Fish: Since it comes from the ocean depths, the others are somewhat supcious of it, however, it can
reveal it's role to a player each night.
Ocean Fish: Regular Townie, or fish in this case
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish

Salmon: Since it comes from a different area, the others suspect it so it flips red. Knows they are the salmon.

From The Depths
Sea Serpent:
Each night, the sea serpent can eat another one of the players and any players killed by them will flip black, and only they will be informed of their role. Dolphin protection will be completely ignored, and if they protect the Sea Serpent's target that night, they'll be eaten along with the target. They also can’t be nightkilled.

Win Condtions
The Bad Sea Creatures: Have an equal or even amount of bad sea creatures left as the coral reef and kill the sea serpent
The Coral Reef: Kill all the Bad Sea creatures and Sea Serpent
From The Depths: Survive until the end of the game to steal victory from the winning team or be the last player standing.
Last edited by Mosaic on Sat May 06, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Moray Eel doesn't really work since a lot of people use Discord now and group chats, etc. Don't understand the Manta Ray's ability (just needs better wording). Also, if the Electric Eel can use a dead player's ability, can they flip between players each Night? Can they use the same player's ability more than once? Do they know what the actual ability they're using is? Being the Crab would also be annoying since they couldn't vote

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:19 pm

So i elaborated a bit more on some of the roles and will come up with something for the moray eel at some point.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:32 am

So yeah, i made a few more tweaks and gave the moray eel a new ability.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:12 am

witchking666 wrote:M39+ Terror is in every corner

In a desert far away there are a group of Terrorists. After their government fell they took control of the land. They have been forcing the locals to follow their rediculously strict religious rules at the punishment of death. The military was sent to resolve the conflict. However, something weird started happening. Even though the number of terrorists dropped rapidly, it seemed like the number of kills only became higher. Eventually the military figured out what was going on. An unknown warlord was recruiting people and using them to take control of the land himself. The soldiers, now trapped in two armed conflicts suddely had to deal with an even bigger threat to their lives.

Terrorists
-Captor: Can take someone hostage every night, roleblocking and inspecting them at the same time. Can only do this on the same player once.
-Suicide bomber: Can kill someone in a suicide attack once during the game. If someone is protecting the targetted player at night they will die too.
-Sadist: May use extreme violence on the mafia's kill victim twice throughout the game. Making them cardflip Black.
-Propagandist: May broadcast a message through the host every night. The message is indistinguishable from the journalist's.

The Military:
-General: May perform one of the following abilities every night: Inspect, Protect, Kill and Roleblock. They cannot use the same ability twice in a row. Due to their high rank the general has a unique cardflip colour.
-Spy: Can use a drone to find out someone’s cardflip colour every night.
-Journalist: May broadcast a message through the host every night. The message is indistinguishable from the Propagandist’s.
-Rogue: Can kill someone without authorization every night, if they kill an innocent, they will lose their ability and cardflip red for a single night.
-Medic: May visit another player every night. Protecting them from death.
-Dissector: Can anatomize a dead player and learn their exact role every other night.
-Executioner: May once during the game either cancel the lynch or host a second one.
-Corporal: Lynch vote counts double.
-Soldier: Nothing special, can cast a lynch vote.
-Soldier:
-Soldier:
-Soldier:
-Soldier:
-Hated Soldier: A Soldier with a bad reputation. Thinks he is a regular soldier
-Outsider: A Soldier from a different unit, the other soldiers don’t trust him that much. Thinks he is a regular soldier.

Third Party:
-Warlord: May kill a player every night. If for some reason or another the kill attempt fails the target’s alignment and cardflip colour will be changed into that of the Warlord. The Warlord’s recruits will keep any ability they had before their conversion except for the the Sadist and the Martyr, they will lose their abilities. The General is immune to conversion by the Warlord. The Warlord cannot be nightkilled by anyone but the suicide bomber. The Warlord and his recruits win by being the last man/men standing or by outnumbering the town.
Additional Information: show
*All ability usage is optional
*If someone gets roleblocked they will be notified.
*If a kill attempt failed it will be announced to the public even if the failed kill attempt resulted in conversion by the warlord.
Role-specific information: show
*The Suicide Bomber's kill cannot be stopped by any means. Not even by nightkill immunity.
*The Propagandist and the Journalist's message can only contain up to 250 characters long and cannot contain fake death messages.
*The General cannot self-protect.
*The Medic can self-protect.
*If the executioner decides to host a second lynch the day will be extended by 12 hours, after that the night will go on as usual.
*Although unlikely, if the Suicide bomber and the Warlord target the same player while that player is protected. The Suicide Bomber's kill will be prioritized over the warlord's recruitment.

I made this game together with ShadowstarX. Feedback and critisism is, as always, greatly appreciated.
Well the TP can easily get broken in a way tho.
If the medic self-protects and the Warlord attempts to kill him, he'll be able to make his party gigantic by protecting the player they'd kill. (true it'd be suspicious how there are failed attempts for lots of nights in a row)
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:25 am

ShadowStarX wrote:
witchking666 wrote:game
Well the TP can easily get broken in a way tho.
If the medic self-protects and the Warlord attempts to kill him, he'll be able to make his party gigantic by protecting the player they'd kill. (true it'd be suspicious how there are failed attempts for lots of nights in a row)
Oh wow, even though it is very unlikely for that to happen I definately don't want it to be possible. Fixed it.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:32 pm

MosaicMario: the crab's limitations are now solely just pointless and annoying. I also don't like the Manta Ray's ability

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 pm

So i removed the not being able to speak at night thing all together, but i don't exactly see what's wrong with the Manta Ray's ability, if you gave a good explanation
as to why, then i probably would change it.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:45 am

I find roles like those kinda wreck the game since they are so specific. Like, for example, if the TP is doing a great job staying hidden and then the Manta Ray gets this random info about one person (TP) killing another player they're unnecessarily screwed. The random element is not only OP later in the game imo but also just annoying due to the fact that it can randomly screw over players who are playing really well

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 am

PixelPest wrote:I find roles like those kinda wreck the game since they are so specific. Like, for example, if the TP is doing a great job staying hidden and then the Manta Ray gets this random info about one person (TP) killing another player they're unnecessarily screwed. The random element is not only OP later in the game imo but also just annoying due to the fact that it can randomly screw over players who are playing really well
I can see where your coming from, i'll either tweak it to where it won't tell you who inspected who or tried to kill who, or i'll just remove it all
together.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:35 am

MosaicMario wrote:
PixelPest wrote:I find roles like those kinda wreck the game since they are so specific. Like, for example, if the TP is doing a great job staying hidden and then the Manta Ray gets this random info about one person (TP) killing another player they're unnecessarily screwed. The random element is not only OP later in the game imo but also just annoying due to the fact that it can randomly screw over players who are playing really well
I can see where your coming from, i'll either tweak it to where it won't tell you who inspected who or tried to kill who, or i'll just remove it all
together.
Chance is NEVER a good thing in mafia unless its influence is extremely small. It simply isn't fair to win or lose simply because random.org told you so. A thing you could do is restrict your role. A penguin (which is assume the Manta Ray is based, the only difference being that the Manta ray learns the information himself where the penguins gives it away) will never reveal things like who killed who or what exactly someone did. Instead the penguin tells things like ""Player X was protected", "Player X visited Player Y", "Player X did not use an ability". These messages all provide useful information to the player the penguin visited but it isn't gamebreaking. From the first example message the reciever can deduce that "Player X" is most likely an important role if the message gets sent later during the game. From the second example message it is clear that "Player X" has an ability, but there is no hint on the allegiance of the player in question. In short a random informing role may say what happened to someone or whether or not a player did something, never what exactly a player did. As I already said, the Manta Ray is basically some sort of auto-penguin. Which, is nothing too bad. It would be much more fair to make his messages less clear and more open for interpretation though.
Also...

For god's sake use normal colours. There is literally not a single colour in that entire game that is the same as those recommended for mafia games. And to be Honest, there is a reason joey recommended them in the "how to format mafia games" topic. Originally, I used to do the same thing. The reason why your colours do not work is because they blend. Most mafia games use the ones recommended by Joey for a very simple reason: they work the best. Your colours are too dark, the darker the colours get the more they will start to look like each other. The colours of the mafia, 3rd party and anemone/crab are a good ecample of this. There is nothing wrong with using different colours than the ones joey recommended as long as you make sure they stand out and don't blBut these, don't work.

Another questionable thing in this game is the colour of the anemone/crab (just going to call them masons from now). It makes sence for a town special as powerful as the Heroic Swordfish to have a unique cardflip colour. It does not however when a role isn't strong, like masons. Masons are basically townies with the addition that they know each other, they are not strong. You should only give unique cardflip colours to extremely powerful mafioso or town specials. And only when it seem really neccesary.
I could talk about this for ages but a better way to explain the issues with the colours is to just show them.
This is the old version:
MosaicMario wrote:M??:Aquatic Showdown
19 Players
Role Usage is Mandatory
Lynching is Optional

The Bad Sea Creatures
Great White Shark: They can switch their cardflip color with another’s of their choice each night and that will make their colors switched the following day phase, it wears off the next day phase and they can’t select the same person twice in a row.
Moray Eel: Can strangle a player with it's body each night to cause them to flip black next day phase.
Barracuda: Can scare a player away from the coral reef, which will disable their ability that night and silence them the next day.
Dim-Witted Stingray: They can kill someone once every 2 nights, but they are uninformed on who their teammates are. Can’t kill night 1.

The Coral Reef
Kill – Kills a player, however, killing someone innocent will cause them to lose all abilities for the next night
Inspect – Can learn the color of a player. Can also inspect a dead player to learn their exact role.
Manta Ray: Can learn about 1 thing in the activity log last night phase each night but it’s choosen at random.
this person killed/attempted to kill this person
this person inspected this person
Electric Eel: Can pick up a dead player’s ability and it will become their ability, this includes the bad sea creatures and TP, however, it can't use the Great white's ability and nothing happens.
Dolphin: They can protect a player each night. Can protect themselves once in the game.
Angler Fish: Since it comes from the ocean depths, the others are somewhat supcious of it, however, it can
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish

Salmon: Since it comes from a different area, the others suspect it so it flips red. Knows they are the salmon.

From The Depths
Sea Serpent:
Each night, the sea serpent can eat another one of the players and any players killed by them will flip black, and only they will be informed of their role. Dolphin protection will be completely ignored, and if they protect the Sea Serpent's target that night, they'll be eaten along with the target. They also can’t be nightkilled.

Win Condtions
The Bad Sea Creatures: Have an equal or even amount of bad sea creatures left as the coral reef and kill the sea serpent
From The Depths: Kill all the specials and bad sea creatures or be the last player standing.
This is how it would look if you were to listen to my advice:
MosaicMario wrote:M??:Aquatic Showdown
19 Players
Role Usage is Mandatory
Lynching is Optional

The Bad Sea Creatures

The Coral Reef
this person killed/attempted to kill this person
this person inspected this person
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish
Ocean Fish

From The Depths
Sea Serpent:

Win Condtions
From The Depths: Kill all the specials and bad sea creatures or be the last player standing.
The only thing I changed are the cardflip colours themselves and the colours of the crab and anemone. Even though Joey's colours don't really work in the context of your lore they do make the different roles stand out more. I am not forcing you to do anything, just giving you honest feedback. Also, Congratulations on your playing in M38. You improved a lot!
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

Return to “Mafia”