is sega trying to ruin/destroy the sonic game series

This is the place for video games!
Nordic59
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Super Mario Adventure Bros Chapter 1 Return Of Darkness

is sega trying to ruin/destroy the sonic game series

Postby Nordic59 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:48 am

as the subject says,what do you think,i am not saying that sega is somekind of "Antagonist" oh no.But is sega really trying to support The survival of the Sonic Games or are they trying to make The Sonic Games hated and let us say a dead game series by/on purpose
sorry for my grammar,i just sometimes have bad grammar

Oh dang

Alper0022
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: NOTHING

Re: is sega trying to ruin/destroy the sonic game series

Postby Alper0022 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:54 am

What kind of game company would try to make horrible games to kill off a series? Making games cost money, and intentionally trying to make terrible games would just make them lose money. They are probably trying their hardest. I've never actually played a sonic game though, I just posted this here for the sake of facts.
By the way I quit for now, see you when I regained some interest for SMBX! (probably never.)

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:29 am

Every company can have bad games. The same happens with mario and other companies.

but it doesn't mean they try to kill it.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:29 am

I just don't think it's very easy to make a good Sonic game. Sonic is meant to traverse vast distances in seconds. When you try to translate that into a 3D environment more detail would be needed than average. As a consequence it's probably more difficult to emphasize Sonic's best traits than it is to emphasize a character like Mario's.

The whole TV deal business could be the worst thing for the games as they are now. Sonic's franchise as a whole might still benefit, at which point they'll be able to change what appeals the younger audiences TO Sonic and they might be able to make something new with the character.

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: bruh
Current Project: ok
Chat Username: Saltlord#3269

Postby Saltlord » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:21 am

I think they may have tried to "change the direction of the franchise" with games like 06, the Werehog in Unleashed (who was meant to appear in the newer games), etc. Let's be honest, a innovation or a drastic change of the original can sometimes work very well, but it took a loooong time in Sonic's case (just think of all the terrible 3D games they created before the Adventure series). I hope they just focus on the elements players love about the series.

qig
Eerie
Eerie
Current Project: SMBX FORUM THE RPG (ahahaahhahaha)

Postby qig » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:50 pm

sonic's been destroyed for years.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:57 pm

I hope sonic fucking dies so there's no more sonic fanfiction
previously known as Kep

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:59 pm

Kep wrote:I hope sonic fucking dies so there's no more sonic fanfiction
wtf are u talking ABOUT #sonamy is great!

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Nordic59 wrote:as the subject says,what do you think,i am not saying that sega is somekind of "Antagonist" oh no.But is sega really trying to support The survival of the Sonic Games or are they trying to make The Sonic Games hated and let us say a dead game series by/on purpose
Dude you sound like SammyClassicSonicFan
Why would Sega do that ;A;
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:26 am

But that would mean the end of sonichu

KAPPA FOR THE RECORD
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:40 am

YEAH, let's blame Sonic and not the people who come up with this shit.

KEP FOR ADMIN NOW!!!

Nordic59
Bit
Bit

Postby Nordic59 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:57 am

i mean when the creators comes up with Games like Sonic boom (no offense to people who likes that game) it feels like they have no creativity when they created this wierd spinoff,i mean did theese people do/did it on purpose,heck even Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 had more sense and good story than that wierd spinoff game, its like they are slowly killing sonic just to support other Sega games

Oh dang

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:22 am

Wow just because 1 game sucked balls, doesn't mean that they try to slowly kill sonic and support other games.

Where do you come up with all this stuff.

Now replace sonic with mario and sega with nintendo.

Or sonic with every other franchise character and company and you get the same nonsense.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:44 am

It's just not realistic to see it as that they're purposely killing Sonic. They're not trying to destroy the franchise, they're trying to make it profitable. I'm not sure to what extent that's working out for them, but the fact it's getting a sequel probably says something. I would think that there's plenty of evidence that brand deal games on a budget and strict deadline tend to churn out poor quality games full of glitches, but with a sequel they have a chance to reuse assets and iron things out better.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:17 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:
But that would mean the end of sonichu
what about tanic the hedgehog
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:23 pm

You know what's my favorite kind of fanfiction?

The ones where girls casually get stuck in an icycle and then suffer from malnutrition.

Nightmayor
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: SMBx Omega

Postby Nightmayor » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:40 pm

They aren't trying to make us hate sonic they're just not competent enough to continue making good
games anymore.
When I'm not playing SMBx I'll probably be on steam either playing some Terraria, TF2, L4D2 or Civ 4.
If you want to get a game in don't be afraid to just ask. I also play on my Wii U frequently and my NNID
is SirNightmayor if you want to contact me that way.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Nien wrote:
You know what's my favorite kind of fanfiction?

The ones where girls casually get stuck in an icycle and then suffer from malnutrition.
something something "DIE, YOU BITCH"
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

Nordic59
Bit
Bit

Postby Nordic59 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:38 am

Turtwig wrote:
Nordic59 wrote:as the subject says,what do you think,i am not saying that sega is somekind of "Antagonist" oh no.But is sega really trying to support The survival of the Sonic Games or are they trying to make The Sonic Games hated and let us say a dead game series by/on purpose
Dude you sound like SammyClassicSonicFan
Why would Sega do that ;A;
and who the heck is that? (No offense)
No offense but i do not think its the Series fault that there is/are crazy fanfictions,i think its the rule "you know what kind of number" kind of fans who makes disgusting and fetish fanfictions and fanart,but trust me there is normal fanart and fanfiction about sonic

Oh dang

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:48 pm

A Sonic Adventure 3 would do the trick, I believe. The thing is that Sega has been trying to focus less on Sonic's speed for a lot of games, which is why I feel that 06's gameplay was actually a good concept (the game itself was executed badly, but the foundation was there). I also liked the Werehog in Unleashed, even if many people don't like it. Lost World was a step in the right direction for me, too, as it brought back the exploration of the Adventure games while still keeping some speed to it. I would have loved to see Sonic actually move quickly without a run button, and he could have gone faster, but in theory it actually worked pretty well. I didn't exactly like the Galaxy-styled levels, though. Sonic Boom, while nowhere near the same as the previous games, was actually enjoyable for me; maybe it's just me speaking from the view of a guy whose parents got it for him as a gift for Christmas, but I still felt that Sonic Boom was fun in its own right. However, I would like to see an Adventure sequel over a Boom sequel.

Now onto the topic of Sega killing Sonic; I don't believe this to be that true. As Alper said, it would be more effective to just quit making games altogether. I do not know why, but I have a feeling that Sega, seeing as how it's as old as Nintendo, is trying to pull a Nintendo with its franchise and providing innovative gameplay to the series (most likely because innovation was more accepted back then in the gaming industry). When you think about how the two are actually very similar and are the oldest game-making companies still around, it makes sense to see them do similar things (although Nintendo is doing it to their consoles).

Return to “Video Games”