I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't anymore

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: SMBX2 Custom Assets Library
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:17 am

Sinem wrote:
m4sterbr0s wrote:lol I just laugh at how so much drama goes on in this place
I thins your post goes well, with this quote i still got from you.
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.

Altough, i do agree with you that theres plenty of drama going on here. Especially for a mario forum.
For what this place, there should not be so much drama, for which I do not blame people for leaving. Surely they have enough "real-life stress to worry about let alone what has been created here amongst ourselves. It feels more like a political debate full of whiny children to be completely honest, and in no way am I pointing fingers or calling anyone as such. At the end of the day this is, as it has been said a million times before, a Mario forum about a Mario fan-game, not "the way this forum is run is going to determine the future of our countries". That said, we also, as a community have a reputation to uphold. People will not join a forum full to the brim with immaturity, nor will some parents allow their children to join if they require their parents' consent and there's a fair chunk of our traffic that will go down the drain. This is a problem within the community, that needs to be addressed by all, not only the staff. They can change the forums a million times over, but they cannot change a user's attitude, nor is it their job to. The way we act as a community will ultimately determine its fate, not solely if we have forum games, or just more generalization. Sure it's the internet and sure there's more of a "who cares" attitude because this is a virtual world with no physical repercussions, but like Facebook, what we post not only can be seen by everyone who uses the internet, but also casts quite the reflection of ourselves as well.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:26 am

Squishy Rex wrote:Sure it's the internet and sure there's more of a "who cares" attitude because this is a virtual world with no physical repercussions
It shouldn't be, though. At least not to the extent that it is.

The whole "lol I can be stupid here because this is a MARIO forum guys come on everybody on mario forums is immature" idea is something I would like to get rid of.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: SMBX2 Custom Assets Library
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:44 am

Exactly, I mean, it is a Mario forum, but some people need to look at the bigger picture. We have a nicely presented forum made by people who clearly know a thing or two with web design. We have talented spriters, level designers, music artists and more.
Joey wrote:lol I can be stupid here because this is a MARIO forum guys come on everybody on mario forums is immature
This is a bad stereotype that is making things happen as they are. All Mario things aside, we are a community, full of talented, genuine people just like a lot of other forums, but it is the Mario tag that gives people the misconception that they can do whatever. A few good people built this forum, a lot more came to fill it, and there's some who are trying to take that hard graft away. Punishment is there for a reason and that's what they need to understand, communities have rules so they can preserve what they have come to create, regardless the main focus of that community.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:53 am

Dunno from where people get that. What i mean is, just bc mario attracts younger people, it doesn't mean we have to be immature or got to be.
Not pointing fingers also but i can see we have some mature users here who put a lot of common sense in their posts, and then we have the ones that act immature. I mean some of the examples could be taken from the chat, when people talk there and tell each one to shut up or go like "who cares". Yes even younger kids can be mature since age doesn't really matter. We got people who are already 18 and still act whiny.

So in short, if people try behaving theirself more and act more serious we could drop the wholr immaturity and be a great community.

Drama shouldn't exist here.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:03 am

People also need to stop putting so much weight on the assumption that "Mario attracts young kids". There are plenty of Mario forums that are more mature than this place - you have to remember that we're not just a Mario forum, but a Mario LEVEL EDITING forum (also, those other places have been around a lot longer and therefore have older members).

Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Maybe a level for a change
Chat Username: ♧◇Superiorstar♡♤8812

Postby Superiorstar » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:20 pm

OK I'm putting in my 2 cents.
so far from this thread all I see is 13 - 15 year olds arguing with 17 -19 year olds and staff members about who and what a mod should be... AGAIN.
COME ON GUYS we've had like 4 threads like this in the past, it's as if time is repeating itself over and over again... AGAIN.
"The people want active mods, Joey says no; an argument about what a mod should be, the actual staff disagrees; everyone argues about the same thing and nothing changes.
KEY WORD: nothing changes
You people say that Mario attracts a younger audience, it changes nothing.
Darkmatt left the forum and kley was demoted, so far, nothing changes.
people say that there shouldn't this much drama in a forum like this, and guess what? JACK CHANGES.

When are you people gonna realize that making 4 similar threads (all of then pretty much from Kep and Nien) won't or can't change anything?
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:56 pm

Superiorstar wrote:OK I'm putting in my 2 cents.
so far from this thread all I see is 13 - 15 year olds arguing with 17 -19 year olds and staff members about who and what a mod should be... AGAIN.
COME ON GUYS we've had like 4 threads like this in the past, it's as if time is repeating itself over and over again... AGAIN.
"The people want active mods, Joey says no; an argument about what a mod should be, the actual staff disagrees; everyone argues about the same thing and nothing changes.
people say that there shouldn't this much drama in a forum like this, and guess what? JACK CHANGES.

When are you people gonna realize that making 4 similar threads (all of then pretty much from Kep and Nien) won't or can't change anything?
I don't have much time to reply, but what I will say is that this is Kep's only thread involving this, and Nien hasn't even made a thread; that was Ragont.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:50 pm

Joey wrote:People also need to stop putting so much weight on the assumption that "Mario attracts young kids". There are plenty of Mario forums that are more mature than this place - you have to remember that we're not just a Mario forum, but a Mario LEVEL EDITING forum (also, those other places have been around a lot longer and therefore have older members).
I may could agree tho. I know i just said that but i can change my view quickly. Eitherway.. Talkhaus and our other affilations seem to be havi g a good userbase. And since we have sorted out stuff with Talkhaus we became a bigger community.

Palisade
Banned

Postby Palisade » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Repeating, repeating, repeating....
Lying awake in bed. Feeling the spot on my chest. Where you used to rest your head.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:11 pm

You know what, nothing changes. You're right. But that's not our fault. It's the staff's.

If anyone was getting some kind of "the staff should do anything we suggest to them" vibe when you read that response I gave to Superiorstar, no, that's not what I'm saying. It's just that the staff is absolutely terrible, and users have been making this point for over a year. That means something, right? Are we all just totally wrong about this? Or are there just "better things to worry about right now"?

I guess, though, I will give this forum some credit for adding a staff application. ...But it's unofficial. Basically in this forum's terms that means "unimportant" because only the official things usually get attention.
m4sterbr0s wrote:lol I just laugh at how so much drama goes on in this place
You're not helping.
previously known as Kep

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:39 pm

This is pretty much spot on. We're still talking about an overhaul after Quill, m3m3br0s, Kley, and DarkMatt have left. We're saying we have a younger audience when talking about maturity in every thread. Everything's the same rehashed argument. We're in a loop.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:44 pm

I'm not saying who should be mod, I'm just saying that we need one or two more mods and another admin. The staff isn't bad, but it could be better.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:16 pm

Quill left? Like really? Bc since he resigned he still has his op. Or did he only resign for the forum?
And M4sterbr0s is still in the mod group, only with the regular user colour tho.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:27 pm

Quill didn't leave the community, he just resigned from admin.

Same for m4sterbr0s, at least I think.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:40 pm

Both of those things aren't really relevant.

Anyway, the staff is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. The issue is that the staff is always made out to be the bad guys because we're the ones here that, more or less, operate with the most sense and maturity. That's not our fault.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Joey wrote:Both of those things aren't really relevant.

Anyway, the staff is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. The issue is that the staff is always made out to be the bad guys because we're the ones here that, more or less, operate with the most sense and maturity. That's not our fault.
That's one of those things where it looks really bad if you defend yourself with it. I haven't followed this argument much, but this isn't exactly a rousing skunkworks approval.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:02 pm

^
I agree with this. Whether or not it's true, claiming to be more mature than everyone else in the community comes off as arrogant, to me at least.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:11 pm

To me it seems like Joey thinks the only mature members of this community are the staff itself, which is rather egotistical and, as Pseudo said, arrogant.

Not trying to play blame game or point at anybody in particular but has Joey paid the slightest attention to the way Ghosthawk acts? I fully respect Ghosthawk, but the way Joey speaks about the staff as if they're all mature, he obviously hasn't really paid much attention to Ghosthawk's behavior at times.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:26 pm

I agree with Pseudo there.
There are members also, who handle with sense and maturity not just the staff.
The way i see it. You can handle here with sense and maturity even without being a staff.
That came off a bit wrong Joey.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:56 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:To me it seems like Joey thinks the only mature members of this community are the staff itself, which is rather egotistical and, as Pseudo said, arrogant.

Not trying to play blame game or point at anybody in particular but has Joey paid the slightest attention to the way Ghosthawk acts? I fully respect Ghosthawk, but the way Joey speaks about the staff as if they're all mature, he obviously hasn't really paid much attention to Ghosthawk's behavior at times.
Not just GhostHawk, pretty much all of the staff acts immature at times. Really, everyone acts immature at times. It's what makes us human :P
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”