I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't anymore

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm

I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't anymore

Postby silent_ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Let's take a look here:

1 active moderator and 1 active administrator. Spam that stays in the Sandbox forum for about 14 hours, even if its content is reported right away. Terrible userbase with whiny brats. (Don't give me the "we can't fix this" shit. Be more strict. This place has the most lax staff I've ever seen.) Laziness presented by the staff team--I know y'all have real lives. But that is all you talk about when we suggest something to you. If you have nothing but a real life, why are you a part of a staff team? You know you need to be able to be here actively and handle a place with a bunch of two year olds. If you can't be active, resign. Props to DarkMatt for actually doing this.

I did not make this thread with the intent to insult anyone. I made this thread with the intent of insulting this forum. Who wants to be at a place like this? I've been trying to be quiet for months. But I just can't anymore. This place is terrible. Not the SMBX community. This place. We can fix this by working together, and making an effort. Nothing is being done right now, though. Nothing's changing.

You may ask: What needs to be done? First of all, the forum update. Fuck everything else right now. Do the forum update. I'm not saying you need to get to it tomorrow. I'm saying you need to get to it in general. Then, the staff needs a complete overhaul. But for some reason, Joey is saying he's not going to overhaul the staff team. Why? Joey, are you so pessimistic you're afraid whoever you promote is going to do a shitty job? Don't you want the userbase to shut up about their issues with the staff? We do have a voice, and if 3/4 of the goddamn active people have been complaining about one thing for almost a year now, that means something.

Next, to move on to the userbase. Worse than fucking Miiverse, a place where all of the 8 year olds go to bicker about what's better: NSMBU or SM3DW. How can we fix this? First of all, shut brats up when they need to shut up. So maybe you need to shut me up right now, I don't know. Then, all of the people who don't post screenshots or a download link when they post in the Projects/Episodes board. I already made a suggestion about adding posting rights there, you said it was a great idea, if it's a great idea, why don't you get to it? Again, same with the forum update; I'm not saying you need to get to it tomorrow, you need to get to it eventually. Next, the people who constantly make useless posts. I can name 10 at the top of my head right now, and about 8 of them should probably be banned, as in, permabanned. Do you want me to list them? Surely not. Lastly, all of the people who totally ruin this place. As in, rude. There's only a couple people I can name at the top of my head who are this, but it's still noteworthy. Do something about all of this.

If I had an attitude in any of the above, it's because I should have had an attitude in any of the above. Don't consider my points invalid even if they were uncivil or rudely put.

My final paragraph here will say this: Do not tell me goodbye in this thread. I do not want this locked. And either way, I'm not leaving right now. I'll be around here to reply to posts. But yes, I will leave eventually. I've never left a very powerful mark on this community though, so I doubt it'll make much of a difference. (If that sounded a bit dramatic or self-pitying, that wasn't my intention.)
previously known as Kep

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4099
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Kep wrote:1 active moderator and 1 active administrator. Spam that stays in the Sandbox forum for about 14 hours, even if its content is reported right away. Terrible userbase with whiny brats. (Don't give me the "we can't fix this" shit. Be more strict. This place has the most lax staff I've ever seen.) Laziness presented by the staff team--I know y'all have real lives. But that is all you talk about when we suggest something to you. If you have nothing but a real life, why are you a part of a staff team? You know you need to be able to be here actively and handle a place with a bunch of two year olds. If you can't be active, resign. Props to DarkMatt for actually doing this.
I have to admit, the staff does need some changes. Two inactive admins (Quill and m4sterbr0s) and one inactive mod (Kley) have been removed from the staff team, so I guess that's something. But the admin team still has problems. At this point, it's only you and Valtteri, and Valtteri is busy with military service anyways, so at the least, he should change his usergroup to registered users instead so that people will know that he won't be able to attend to the userbase right away. That leaves only one active admin: Joey. You never want to have a single admin at a forum ruling over everything, otherwise everyone will feel like it's a dictatorship where one person is over everything. Joey, you need to promote at least one or two more admins. It just isn't working out right now. As for the mod team, it isn't THAT bad or anything. Pseudo is still very active, Igno isn't that active but still does his job, GhostHawk is around, and TNT isn't that active anymore due to life but somewhat still does his job. You might think that the staff team is okay considering that you still have somewhat active staff. But it's really not okay. Moderation is running short, and nowadays it seems like you, Pseudo, and GhostHawk are the only ones actually moderating the entire forum. This is a forum with over 2500 members, you need active moderation to take care of everything. Yes I know, I was proven wrong when I said that inactivity was a problem, because a couple months ago, it actually wasn't as big of a problem as I thought it was. But now, it really is a big problem because there's spam bots running wild, tons of bad posts that aren't taken care of right away (seriously, I saw an RP post that was there for a week, if not almost, and it wasn't taken care of until a week later, and this has happened twice), and troublemakers are on the loose (mostly flaming). And hardly anything is being urgently done about it because the staff team isn't there TO do something about it. Like I said, inactivity wasn't a problem a month or two ago. But now, it is a big problem, and still growing especially with DarkMatt resigning because that's another active-ish mod that is now off the staff team. Please Joey, promote more staff, this forum needs it.

As for this forum being lax, no. Knux's forum was lax. This place is rather strict and professional. The lack of moderation is probably the reason why you think that this place is so lax in the first place.

As for DarkMatt, he didn't resign because he couldn't do his job. Well, that was one of the reasons, but it wasn't the full reason. One of the big reasons is that he's simply lost interest in SMBX and in the forum. Why would you stay at a place you have zero interest in? Another reason is that he's just gotten tired of moderating this community. He's gotten so much hate over the course of his modship, more than half in which he didn't deserve, and I'd say he's getting tired of this community as a whole. Hell, I wouldn't blame him considering the shape it's in nowadays. The last reason I see in his post is that all his good friends are leaving, probably being most of the oldies. Trust me, not being able to do his job wasn't the full reason he resigned, there's a lot more to it.
Kep wrote:I did not make this thread with the intent to insult anyone. I made this thread with the intent of insulting this forum. Who wants to be at a place like this? I've been trying to be quiet for months. But I just can't anymore. This place is terrible. Not the SMBX community. This place. We can fix this by working together, and making an effort. Nothing is being done right now, though. Nothing's changing.
This community isn't that bad, and it certainly isn't that immature (at least in my opinion, I know others think differently), but this is the most controversial community I've ever been at. This place has more drama than the SMF community, and that's pretty bad considering the SMF community's userbase is younger than SMBX's. The community isn't at its peak point now, if anything, it's at one of its low points. Yes, it can be fixed, but not in a blink of an eye. It'll take a lot, including the entire community working together as a team to actually fix the problems we have.
Kep wrote:You may ask: What needs to be done? First of all, the forum update. Fuck everything else right now. Do the forum update. I'm not saying you need to get to it tomorrow. I'm saying you need to get to it in general. Then, the staff needs a complete overhaul. But for some reason, Joey is saying he's not going to overhaul the staff team. Why? Joey, are you so pessimistic you're afraid whoever you promote is going to do a shitty job? Don't you want the userbase to shut up about their issues with the staff? We do have a voice, and if 3/4 of the goddamn active people have been complaining about one thing for almost a year now, that means something.
Yes the forum update needs done, but again, it's nothing that can be done in a blink of an eye. I'm not sure how the forum update is done, but what I do know is that it's a rather long process, so that's why I'm being patient about it.

About the staff, I've explained pretty much all my viewpoints about that above, but you've added a couple more points here that I'd like to address. I can understand Joey being pessimistic about who to promote, because if he promotes the wrong person, then that would be bad. He wants the community to be happy, and part of this is having an actually reliable staff team. However, I will admit that he's being a little too pessimistic. There are some people here that I know of that would be an excellent moderator, but the problem is, Joey doesn't want to promote anybody else. And I wouldn't blame him, but he needs to give some people a chance. It's something called trust.

About the community voice, your post isn't the way to address the problems. I remember when SilverDeoxys came back, he made a very lengthy post to Joey that was polite and had loads of sources to back up his claims. But your post has vulgar language, and you're blatantly saying that you're insulting the forum. That's not the way to put your point across. Why do you think Ragont's thread turned out to be absolutely awful? Because people weren't being very mature about the whole thing, and it caused all hell to break loose both on the forums and IRC. Yes, we are a community, and we do have a voice that Joey's willing to listen to, but we need to voice it in a way that doesn't cause shit to hit the fan.
Kep wrote:Next, to move on to the userbase. Worse than fucking Miiverse, a place where all of the 8 year olds go to bicker about what's better: NSMBU or SM3DW. How can we fix this? First of all, shut brats up when they need to shut up. So maybe you need to shut me up right now, I don't know. Then, all of the people who don't post screenshots or a download link when they post in the Projects/Episodes board. I already made a suggestion about adding posting rights there, you said it was a great idea, if it's a great idea, why don't you get to it? Again, same with the forum update; I'm not saying you need to get to it tomorrow, you need to get to it eventually. Next, the people who constantly make useless posts. I can name 10 at the top of my head right now, and about 8 of them should probably be banned, as in, permabanned. Do you want me to list them? Surely not. Lastly, all of the people who totally ruin this place. As in, rude. There's only a couple people I can name at the top of my head who are this, but it's still noteworthy. Do something about all of this.
I think at this point, you're just finding other things to complain about the community, so I don't really think that I need to address anything here. I agree that there are those members who can be "brats", and a lot of the time, they get away with it, but as I said, that's due to a lack of moderation.
Image

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Aero » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:22 pm

You request big changes with nothing on how they should be done. For instance the staff overhaul, how should it be done? There's been a mention of adding new mods but so far there's only one legitimate candidate that has been brought up, so we would need to find more from some undisclosed location. Or we could elect the forum's most favorite/popular users and run the risk of them not being able to do the job or abuse their power by joining a council of sorts and deleting the announcements and all of the topics in the FF/R forum.

User avatar
Danny
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3992
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Danny » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:40 pm

GhostHawk wrote:You request big changes with nothing on how they should be done. For instance the staff overhaul, how should it be done? There's been a mention of adding new mods but so far there's only one legitimate candidate that has been brought up, so we would need to find more from some undisclosed location. Or we could elect the forum's most favorite/popular users and run the risk of them not being able to do the job or abuse their power by joining a council of sorts and deleting the announcements and all of the topics in the FF/R forum.
The problem with this is that Joey isn't trustworthy of most members here, he's even told me this. The lengths we'd have to go through to suggest any single person here as staff is grueling simply because Joey won't accept nearly anyone. We know for a fact that he only hires veterans, though the problem here is that there aren't a lot of "veterans" left, and those that are still around aren't as active, or he doesn't trust.

It's not that we don't really have anyone to suggest as staff, that should be your job to decide who to hire, try things out and see if people like this person as staff, it's that most of the staff don't trust the other users, and there's a tension between them constantly. We also have nobody to suggest to you as staff because previous people that have been suggested that would be good candidates are either gone or have been declined a job here. Natsu would have been a great moderator, but the administrators chose different staff members, things went to shit, and he left, so that's a missed opportunity. I'm pretty sure this has been said before but it seems like the staff team is literally a popularity contest, with the only candidates being veteran users.

As for the staff overhaul and how it should be done, literally nobody knows how it should be done for one simple reason; they've never been staff before. Across almost all SMBX forums, almost all of the same people have been hired as staff, a great example of this is Valtteri. This, thrown in with the tension and lack of trust between staff and users, means that nobody that trusts Joey with their life and has known him for a while is really going to get a staffing job here. I'm going to use myself as an example, I have never, and probably will never, have any job as staff on any SMBX forums, the reason I won't on this forum is because Joey doesn't care for me at all, so there's the lack of trust between users. Regardless if I was staff or not however, I do know that things need to be changed, I just don't know how because I've never been staff so I can't tell you how things behind the scenes are run, because the current staff are so quiet about it.
GhostHawk wrote:Or we could elect the forum's most favorite/popular users and run the risk of them not being able to do the job or abuse their power by joining a council of sorts and deleting the announcements and all of the topics in the FF/R forum.
First off, you even mentioned the staff as a popularity contest.

Second, and again, this is the lack of trust. You trust barely any users, so it makes it almost impossible to hire staff members. You need to fix the trust issues.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4099
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Made that point earlier too, please don't read over that, GhostHawk. =P
me wrote:About the staff, I've explained pretty much all my viewpoints about that above, but you've added a couple more points here that I'd like to address. I can understand Joey being pessimistic about who to promote, because if he promotes the wrong person, then that would be bad. He wants the community to be happy, and part of this is having an actually reliable staff team. However, I will admit that he's being a little too pessimistic. There are some people here that I know of that would be an excellent moderator, but the problem is, Joey doesn't want to promote anybody else. And I wouldn't blame him, but he needs to give some people a chance. It's something called trust.
Image

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Aero » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:50 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:
GhostHawk wrote:Or we could elect the forum's most favorite/popular users and run the risk of them not being able to do the job or abuse their power by joining a council of sorts and deleting the announcements and all of the topics in the FF/R forum.
First off, you even mentioned the staff as a popularity contest.

Second, and again, this is the lack of trust. You trust barely any users, so it makes it almost impossible to hire staff members. You need to fix the trust issues.
Staff elections are a popularity contest. To your second point, it's not a secret I don't trust anybody and I have good reasons not too, such as the one I described.

User avatar
Mivixion
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1052
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Mivixion » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:56 pm

I haven't been around here much, and to be fully honest I haven't really been that active outside of Mafia, so take my not-quite two cents with a grain of salt.

I haven't seen much I haven't liked with the current moderation. A few of the issues addressed (such as FF/RP threads taking a while to be dealt with) could be fixed if people used the report button more often.
However, the issues dealing with administration are what I mostly agree with. I think one of the current moderators (and they're all great from what I've seen) should be promoted in Valtteri's place while he's on military duty. It's not a necessary change, but it would help keep up the normal forum maintenance stuff.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5806
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Contact:

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Mable » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:59 pm

GhostHawk wrote:Or we could elect the forum's most favorite/popular users.
Knowing this community and it's users, people would go for bossedit if that would be a thing.

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4099
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Mivixion wrote:I haven't been around here much, and to be fully honest I haven't really been that active outside of Mafia, so take my not-quite two cents with a grain of salt.

I haven't seen much I haven't liked with the current moderation. A few of the issues addressed (such as FF/RP threads taking a while to be dealt with) could be fixed if people used the report button more often.
However, the issues dealing with administration are what I mostly agree with. I think one of the current moderators (and they're all great from what I've seen) should be promoted in Valtteri's place while he's on military duty. It's not a necessary change, but it would help keep up the normal forum maintenance stuff.
I actually use the report feature often. A lot of the time when I go to report a post, it was already reported, meaning someone beat me to it. The report feature is used quite a bit, at least in my perspective.

As for Valtteri, I really don't think he should be demoted since he's at least around slightly and he'll be back full time sometime, but like I said, he should change his usergroup to Registered Users so that people will know that he's not an active admin.
Image

User avatar
Mivixion
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1052
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Mivixion » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:
Mivixion wrote:I haven't been around here much, and to be fully honest I haven't really been that active outside of Mafia, so take my not-quite two cents with a grain of salt.

I haven't seen much I haven't liked with the current moderation. A few of the issues addressed (such as FF/RP threads taking a while to be dealt with) could be fixed if people used the report button more often.
However, the issues dealing with administration are what I mostly agree with. I think one of the current moderators (and they're all great from what I've seen) should be promoted in Valtteri's place while he's on military duty. It's not a necessary change, but it would help keep up the normal forum maintenance stuff.
I actually use the report feature often. A lot of the time when I go to report a post, it was already reported, meaning someone beat me to it. The report feature is used quite a bit, at least in my perspective.

As for Valtteri, I really don't think he should be demoted since he's at least around slightly and he'll be back full time sometime, but like I said, he should change his usergroup to Registered Users so that people will know that he's not an active admin.
That could work too.

User avatar
Palisade
Banned
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Palisade » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:09 pm

Not trying to sound like a "jerkass" people claim I am but here's a question for you all.
Has any goal from complaints/rants/debates ever been achieved or reached in a way that actually satisfies the OP, and not the staff?
About the community voice, your post isn't the way to address the problems. I remember when SilverDeoxys came back, he made a very lengthy post to Joey that was polite and had loads of sources to back up his claims. But your post has vulgar language, and you're blatantly saying that you're insulting the forum. That's not the way to put your point across. Why do you think Ragont's thread turned out to be absolutely awful? Because people weren't being very mature about the whole thing, and it caused all hell to break loose both on the forums and IRC. Yes, we are a community, and we do have a voice that Joey's willing to listen to, but we need to voice it in a way that doesn't cause shit to hit the fan.
This is going to look REALLY BAD on my part but after being accused of being Knux I researched into this guy to try and find out the similarties between us. Anyway digging through the NSMBX forum I came across this http://nsmbxforums.prophpbb.com/topic5762.html

To me,at least, this is a very thought out post that doesn't have too much vulgar language. It seemed like a genuinely decent post that summed up the problems here and it looks like it was completely dismissed.
And that is what brings me back to the question i asked earlier. "Has any goal from complaints/rants/debates ever been achieved or reached in a way that actually satisfies the OP, and not the staff?"

Even when i have made a statement,as controversial as it may come across as, the point is made but nothing is done about it. Its like nobody here really cares enough to make the change.
Lying awake in bed. Feeling the spot on my chest. Where you used to rest your head.

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Aero » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:31 pm

You're really testing my patience with this "I'm definately not Knux" thing, but since you insist, read my responses to his little thesis and take into consideration he's permabanned on the major forums with only his own forum to go on because his ideas works so well.

Also, we're not here to "satisfy" anyone's rant/complaint/debate for your first question. The point of moderators is to moderate not advocate, and what the admins say goes as this isn't a democracy.

User avatar
Palisade
Banned
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Palisade » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:27 pm

GhostHawk wrote:You're really testing my patience with this "I'm definately not Knux" thing,
sorry about that,I'll stop going on about it haha
but since you insist, read my responses to his little thesis and take into consideration he's permabanned on the major forums with only his own forum to go on because his ideas works so well.
This confuses me greatly because what he is saying makes a SHIT TON OF SENSE!!i know he was banned for being an ass but was he banned for his ideas? they stand out fairly well,at least in my opinion and others
Also, we're not here to "satisfy" anyone's rant/complaint/debate for your first question. The point of moderators is to moderate not advocate, and what the admins say goes as this isn't a democracy.
Fair enough,this is your forum. But you have to take into consideration that this IS a COMMUNITY and users should have a say in what they want and should get it if the majority also want that.In this case the majority seem to want a staff overhaul. IN YOUR DEFENSE, you don't have to give them that because you call the shots
But people will just get angrier and eventually leave if they feel that they are not valued by the mods and the admins.

the question is, WHY don't you let the majority have what they want?

unless of course you are afraid that by going along with user's suggestions poses as a threat to your position as community leaders?
Lying awake in bed. Feeling the spot on my chest. Where you used to rest your head.

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Aero » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:45 pm

Palisade wrote:But people will just get angrier and eventually leave if they feel that they are not valued by the mods and the admins.
Yeah, and that's happened and probably for the best. For a little while on NSMBX, the Off Topic Discussion forum was basically the "Banned users complaining about SMBX.org" forum and the staff over there caught wind of the problem we've had here with entitled users talking about the community and change non-stop. Since then there's been minimal forum drama, and a bit less activity as a consequence but that's it. Meanwhile, users who aren't so hot headed and are flexible have been able to stick around and eventually have their ideas implemented if they're good ideas in the eyes of the staff.
Palisade wrote:But you have to take into consideration that this IS a COMMUNITY and users should have a say in what they want and should get it if the majority also want that.In this case the majority seem to want a staff overhaul.
I've been working on an idea for a few weeks now to put this idea to rest. Hint: Polling.

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4099
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:02 pm

Joey and any of the other staff: Please give your input on my post. It took about 30 minutes of typing and thought to put in my two cents, and I feel it's really important.
Image

StrikeForcer
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby StrikeForcer » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 am

I am certain that people who claim that they aren't listened to by the current staff are the ideologues...the very people who zealously continue myths of the community problems...convincing points and behavioral conveyance be damned. I have been wanting to say this for the past month due to my knowledge of the feminism, SJW, and liberal movements but its only today I had a self-realization regarding the louder voices on the forum. I also realize that my observations devoid of any zeal and my neutrality allowed me to see things that you cannot. I also shouldnt have tacitly trusted the memberbase with the fate of how the problems should be resolved because of unfortunate events that arised... I actually feel bad because I was silent on the matter and wanting the community to resolve itself...

Now then, its no wonder why the staff has a hard time dealing the memberbase and is the cause for a lack of synergy between the staff and memberbase for a long time. If you really stopped driving your narrative with your echo chamber as the truth regarding the community's problems, then in all honestly, progress will be made to improve this community. I am convinced that Joey and staff have the foresight to ignore those ideologues and sadly they get flack by said ideologues... Its those people that need to be excised from the community and its also why this forum can't have nice things.
Join Insectduel's forum today!: http://insectduel.proboards.com/

User avatar
Danny
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3992
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Danny » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:37 am

ohboyitsstrikeforcer!
StrikeForcer wrote:Its those people that need to be excised from the community and its also why this forum can't have nice things.
Removing a rough 50% of the community isn't going to fix anything.
GhostHawk wrote:You're really testing my patience with this "I'm definately not Knux" thing, but since you insist, read my responses to his little thesis and take into consideration he's permabanned on the major forums with only his own forum to go on because his ideas works so well.
I'm pretty sure he is Knux, I'm not sure why this isn't obvious to everyone. First off, he's so insistent that he isn't Knux that it's starting to become unbelievable, his excuses are wearing thin.
Second, his IP originates from Scotland, and take a lucky guess where Knux's originates from? I'm sure the chances of that being a coincidence are pretty slim, I'm not ruling it out as being a coincidence, but it's still pretty unlikely.
Third, his posting mannerisms are strikingly similar to that of Knux's, this is an undeniable fact.
Fourth, he supposedly didn't know anything about Knux, but he suddenly knew everything about Knux and his webcomic after reading Knux's own wiki and a bunch of articles there, which suddenly formed his opinion on Knux. Yet he still insists he isn't Knux, and he didn't know anything about Knux prior.
Fifth, I do not recall anyone with a username similar to that of Palisade's, nor do I remember anyone with any similar posting mannerisms other than Knux (although Knux wasn't as bad until later on).
Sixth, if he was on the original forums, what was his username? If he uses the excuse of saying he was a lurker, I am going to completely disregard that as it only makes him appear more as Knux.
Wake up, sheeple!
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:35 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:
Kep wrote:I did not make this thread with the intent to insult anyone. I made this thread with the intent of insulting this forum. Who wants to be at a place like this? I've been trying to be quiet for months. But I just can't anymore. This place is terrible. Not the SMBX community. This place. We can fix this by working together, and making an effort. Nothing is being done right now, though. Nothing's changing.
This community isn't that bad, and it certainly isn't that immature (at least in my opinion, I know others think differently), but this is the most controversial community I've ever been at. This place has more drama than the SMF community, and that's pretty bad considering the SMF community's userbase is younger than SMBX's. The community isn't at its peak point now, if anything, it's at one of its low points. Yes, it can be fixed, but not in a blink of an eye. It'll take a lot, including the entire community working together as a team to actually fix the problems we have.
Honestly, the community is bad, it's just a different type of bad
It's treated as a strict and professional forum, but since the topic is about Mario, it isn't going to be strict and professional as you'll likely attract the younger audience
You're catering to a younger audience, but you're treating them like they're mature grown ups

also to be fair lax forums can work, and in my opinion are more fun and slightly needed for a forum about ur malleos due to the age it naturally attracts, but the way the community has been handling "lax" forums aren't right
there's a difference between quality lax forums and non-quality lax forums
knux forums was a non-quality forum, awesomenauts is a quality lax forum, it just depends on the mods that are hired and how they should handle things
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4293
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:11 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:That leaves only one active admin: Joey. You never want to have a single admin at a forum ruling over everything, otherwise everyone will feel like it's a dictatorship where one person is over everything. Joey, you need to promote at least one or two more admins. It just isn't working out right now.
You say that we should "never" have a single admin ruling over everything, but give no real reasons as to why it's a bad thing besides "everyone will feel like it's a dictatorship". And then we're just going to call one person at the top a "dictatorship"; sure, that's what it is, but it's not like that's uncommon on forums. Even if there's multiple admins, there's still usually a head admin or someone who, at the end of the day, owns the site/forums. This isn't a democracy, but that's not a bad thing.

As for administrative things not getting done - yes, I get it. This is a bad thing. I think I should make a post soon talking about everything I said I was going to do and whether or not it will ever get done. A good example is the board software upgrade; we actually don't really need this at all. I just thought it would be cool, so I started rebuilding the SMBX style for it and then realized how much work it would be. I've put a lot of weight on upgrading the board software, but in reality it's not nearly as big of a deal.
Zeldamaster12 wrote:As for the mod team, it isn't THAT bad or anything. Pseudo is still very active, Igno isn't that active but still does his job, GhostHawk is around, and TNT isn't that active anymore due to life but somewhat still does his job. You might think that the staff team is okay considering that you still have somewhat active staff. But it's really not okay. Moderation is running short, and nowadays it seems like you, Pseudo, and GhostHawk are the only ones actually moderating the entire forum. This is a forum with over 2500 members, you need active moderation to take care of everything. Yes I know, I was proven wrong when I said that inactivity was a problem, because a couple months ago, it actually wasn't as big of a problem as I thought it was. But now, it really is a big problem because there's spam bots running wild, tons of bad posts that aren't taken care of right away (seriously, I saw an RP post that was there for a week, if not almost, and it wasn't taken care of until a week later, and this has happened twice), and troublemakers are on the loose (mostly flaming). And hardly anything is being urgently done about it because the staff team isn't there TO do something about it. Like I said, inactivity wasn't a problem a month or two ago. But now, it is a big problem, and still growing especially with DarkMatt resigning because that's another active-ish mod that is now off the staff team. Please Joey, promote more staff, this forum needs it.
This is similar to the admin part. Yes, the forums could use a few more mods, but the problems aren't as big as people are making them out to be. The spam has seemingly stopped, too.
Zeldamaster12 wrote:As for this forum being lax, no. Knux's forum was lax. This place is rather strict and professional. The lack of moderation is probably the reason why you think that this place is so lax in the first place.
We are lax, though, with people who follow the rules and act normally. We're not that lax at enforcing the rules, but that's not the fault of us or the rules. That's the fault of users who come in and break the rules. We're not a staff team that makes people walk in line and act the same - we're a staff team that doesn't play around when people don't follow the rules.
Zeldamaster12 wrote:This community isn't that bad, and it certainly isn't that immature (at least in my opinion, I know others think differently), but this is the most controversial community I've ever been at. This place has more drama than the SMF community, and that's pretty bad considering the SMF community's userbase is younger than SMBX's. The community isn't at its peak point now, if anything, it's at one of its low points. Yes, it can be fixed, but not in a blink of an eye. It'll take a lot, including the entire community working together as a team to actually fix the problems we have.
It really depends on how you define high points and low points in relation to good points and bad points. We're not at a low point at all right now - we're at a point that continues to grow higher. This point we're at right now may not be the most fun, but we're figuring stuff out as a community and figuring out the best way to move forward. This is contrary to what some users thought of Knux's Forum back around 2012 - it was a pretty awful place but some people enjoyed it and there weren't enough users that wanted to actually move forward.
Zeldamaster12 wrote: Yes the forum update needs done, but again, it's nothing that can be done in a blink of an eye. I'm not sure how the forum update is done, but what I do know is that it's a rather long process, so that's why I'm being patient about it.
The forum update doesn't need to get done. I'm sorry I put so much weight on it.
Zeldamaster12 wrote:About the staff, I've explained pretty much all my viewpoints about that above, but you've added a couple more points here that I'd like to address. I can understand Joey being pessimistic about who to promote, because if he promotes the wrong person, then that would be bad. He wants the community to be happy, and part of this is having an actually reliable staff team. However, I will admit that he's being a little too pessimistic. There are some people here that I know of that would be an excellent moderator, but the problem is, Joey doesn't want to promote anybody else. And I wouldn't blame him, but he needs to give some people a chance. It's something called trust.
It's not that I don't want to promote anybody else. I just have a hard time listening to the community on their suggestions because they don't have much basis.

Also, I don't promote users solely because they're veterans. The reason why veterans are often better choices is because I know them better and they're older (which, in most cases, means they're more mature). I'm willing to promote users that aren't veterans, they just have to meet my/our standards. Those people are a bit harder to come by these days.

User avatar
Palisade
Banned
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby Palisade » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:38 am

8bitmushroom wrote:I'm pretty sure he is Knux, I'm not sure why this isn't obvious to everyone. First off, he's so insistent that he isn't Knux that it's starting to become unbelievable, his excuses are wearing thin.
Second, his IP originates from Scotland, and take a lucky guess where Knux's originates from? I'm sure the chances of that being a coincidence are pretty slim, I'm not ruling it out as being a coincidence, but it's still pretty unlikely.
Third, his posting mannerisms are strikingly similar to that of Knux's, this is an undeniable fact.
Fourth, he supposedly didn't know anything about Knux, but he suddenly knew everything about Knux and his webcomic after reading Knux's own wiki and a bunch of articles there, which suddenly formed his opinion on Knux. Yet he still insists he isn't Knux, and he didn't know anything about Knux prior.
Fifth, I do not recall anyone with a username similar to that of Palisade's, nor do I remember anyone with any similar posting mannerisms other than Knux (although Knux wasn't as bad until later on).
Sixth, if he was on the original forums, what was his username? If he uses the excuse of saying he was a lurker, I am going to completely disregard that as it only makes him appear more as Knux.
Wake up, sheeple!
Woah, calm down there, Alex Jones!
Seriously though,we're both from the UK and our mannerisms are probably influenced because we're from the same region?
and I didn't know about Knux you're right. I looked up on him and formed an opinion on him. somehow that means I am him?
Your obsession with accusing someone of being Knux is bizzare. So obsessive..

but we have been told not to talk about Knux. so let's just drop it k?
Yes, the forums could use a few more mods, but the problems aren't as big as people are making them out to be.
I know an internet forum that has about 100,000 members. With 800 being active at any given time and something around only 14 staff members.
So I think that isn't the issue. It's finding people who will do a good job.

QUALITY NOT QUANTITY
we're a staff team that doesn't play around when people don't follow the rules.
According to various sources however, it seems that you guys have a tendency to get users into shit regardless of if they are following the rules or not.
some reasons for users getting banned have nothing to do with the forum rules,I looked into the whole reputation mod situation and people got warnings for "pointless" reputation changes. but what was considered as pointless is an opinion by the staff and they did the same thing apparently
Lying awake in bed. Feeling the spot on my chest. Where you used to rest your head.


Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests