The SMBX GFX Pipe

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: SMBX2 Custom Assets Library
Chat Username: SquishyRex

The SMBX GFX Pipe

Postby Squishy Rex » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:26 pm

After a small discussion with Aero, I would like to put this idea to community as a whole. Now this all will depend on what is and is not possible on the main site and of course nothing is set in stone, this is just an idea that I would like to get some feedback on.

With that said, the idea that I have proposed to Aero, is that (if possible) the SMBX GFX Pipe at the top of the site redirects to a section of the main site that acts as an online version of the SMBX Asset Library, similar to how MFGG works. With the release of SMBX2 and how much more professional it is, I feel that the way we store and present our community’s assets should follow suit as they have become a major part of SMBX. It would also be nice if we can tie the assets library into the main site. While the OneDrive setup will work much better now, having a built in option potentially makes things that much more stable.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: The SMBX GFX Pipe

Postby Enjl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:48 pm

I like the idea. I once thought about having a similar kind of download hub for levels and episodes. I suppose this is essentially like MFGG's layout, yeah? I suppose what we need is a web developer for that.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: SMBX2 Custom Assets Library
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Postby Squishy Rex » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Enjl wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:48 pm
I like the idea. I once thought about having a similar kind of download hub for levels and episodes. I suppose this is essentially like MFGG's layout, yeah? I suppose what we need is a web developer for that.
Yeah more or less that would be what I’m aiming for without just ripping off MFGG.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:25 pm

I'd like to see it. Getting a webdev to make a hub that is well organized and safe is one matter, actual file storage with limited resources is another. I'd like to try and make it work.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:55 am

Barring feasibility, I also second this; so we also don't have to be concerned about reviving "featured graphics" if/when we want to revive "featured episodes" at some point.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:45 pm

Thirding, but simply because people are having problems with OneDrive and the fact that the folders have been deleted in the past.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

thegameseum
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: h
Current Project: a secret project, which is currently on hold for now.
Chat Username: pdizzle

Postby thegameseum » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:39 am

This is a pretty cool idea. I feel like it could pretty useful.
Image Image
walker guy

I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

(GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

I support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Return to “Site Discussion”