Page 1 of 1

Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:04 pm
by NoThatsMyMushroom
By alive I mean like, not dead.

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:08 pm
by FireyPaperMario
Yes, just give it more time, the SMBX forums will be very alive again if my calculations are correct

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:09 pm
by Cedur
there are less posts than during 2014-2016 but still yes.

Also Beta 4 is coming soon

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm
by Aero
We have the same thread over and over again. SMBX is alive and well. The activity ebbs and flows throughout the year, but it's more or less has a consistent.

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:51 pm
by HenryRichard
It's not quite as big as it once was but it's still very much alive.

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:21 pm
by Teemster2
Even if just 5 active members were left it would still be alive. Active members are what keep this community thriving and there is several of them and a small hand full of dedicated people on the development team including Enjl and Hoeloe so no need to worry.

Maybe one day the 2.0 community and the 1.4.4 aka 38a communities will unite. Just a thought.

Added in 4 minutes 31 seconds:
HenryRichard wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:51 pm
It's not quite as big as it once was but it's still very much alive.
Nice to see your still around Henry. I thought you dissapeared there for awhile or maybe your just on discord more.

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:10 am
by Cedur
Teemster2 wrote:Maybe one day the 2.0 community and the 1.4.4 aka 38a communities will unite. Just a thought.

if anything there's not really a point with calling them "different communities", people just use different engines

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 pm
by Scroll
I think the community might become bigger once SMBX2 Beta 4 comes out

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:01 pm
by Rhosty
A lot of people have important stuff going on in their lives at the moment

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:57 am
by Electriking
Reminder that a lot of the activity has shifted over to Discord. It is a more convenient method of communication in most areas compared to forums.

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:55 am
by LGLMAKING
Electriking wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:57 am
Reminder that a lot of the activity has shifted over to Discord. It is a more convenient method of communication in most areas compared to forums.
Not only on the official SMBX server. The 38A server and related smaller server are also experiencing a boom in activity.

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:11 am
by Cedur
LGLMAKING wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:55 am
Electriking wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:57 am
Reminder that a lot of the activity has shifted over to Discord. It is a more convenient method of communication in most areas compared to forums.
Not only on the official SMBX server. The 38A server and related smaller server are also experiencing a boom in activity.

which is the related smaller server? (the way you word it looks like you said "related to 38A")

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:14 am
by LGLMAKING
Cedur wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:11 am
LGLMAKING wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:55 am
Electriking wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:57 am
Reminder that a lot of the activity has shifted over to Discord. It is a more convenient method of communication in most areas compared to forums.
Not only on the official SMBX server. The 38A server and related smaller server are also experiencing a boom in activity.

which is the related smaller server? (the way you word it looks like you said "related to 38A")
Well, the Novaverse an Eclipsed servers are relatively active as far as I am aware

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:47 am
by Idunn
I find it odd, how the person who asked if the forums are still alive hasn't been online for some days by now.

Also activity of a forum, depends on it's own people.
If everyone stops posting anything, then it might die down. But I don't see that happening in any time as of now.

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:25 am
by AirSeus
It's not dead, it's just that the majority of people that kept it active through the older days are a lot older than they used to be back in 2014, thus have stuff to do, university, jobs, family. Give it a few months and it will probably start getting more and more active again.

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:13 am
by Cedur
AirSeus wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:25 am
It's not dead, it's just that the majority of people that kept it active through the older days are a lot older than they used to be back in 2014, thus have stuff to do, university, jobs, family. Give it a few months and it will probably start getting more and more active again.

Hey AirSeus, is your "departure" project still a thing?

Re: Is SMBX/SMBX Forums still alive in 2020?

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:36 pm
by AirSeus
Cedur wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:13 am
AirSeus wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:25 am
It's not dead, it's just that the majority of people that kept it active through the older days are a lot older than they used to be back in 2014, thus have stuff to do, university, jobs, family. Give it a few months and it will probably start getting more and more active again.

Hey AirSeus, is your "departure" project still a thing?
Holy crap not going to lie I completely forgot about that, I don't even know if I still have the files for SMBX from 6 years ago LOL