SMBX Site Q&A

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Aero » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:47 am

I don't unfortunately. It would look like anywhere else an Imgur album is embeded in principle. It should display here very similar to how SMWcentral displays their albums. Key word is should though, because I'd have to talk to Quill about getting new BBCode implementations. I'm not sure why, but trivial new codes haven't been able to go through so I wouldn't be able to implement this right away.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:15 am

Ahh, hm. I found a youtube video where someone did something like that, and it does look pretty nice! Dunno how I never saw an embed like that (or took conscious note of it at least).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shH5GAf9nW4
Could definitely come in very handy for formatting threads, if adding it isn't too much of a bother.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:37 am

Electriking wrote:(after it has been approved and you get put in the regular users group)

sorry for being confused, but you say there is first-post-approval like on Wohlstand's forum?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:55 am

Cedur wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:37 am
Electriking wrote:(after it has been approved and you get put in the regular users group)

sorry for being confused, but you say there is first-post-approval like on Wohlstand's forum?
Yes. It was implemented mainly for the purpose of stopping spam bots.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:35 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:15 am
Ahh, hm. I found a youtube video where someone did something like that, and it does look pretty nice! Dunno how I never saw an embed like that (or took conscious note of it at least).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shH5GAf9nW4
Could definitely come in very handy for formatting threads, if adding it isn't too much of a bother.
Yeah that's pretty much exactly how it would look.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:16 pm

So I got a question for posting some art in topics in the SMBX art board forums. Is using your own digital art (As long as it's not in a 18+ level of art) from the Pixiv site to share in the art board topics allowed? Because I do have a Pixiv account, and I'm planning on posting a community based digital art comic on it to share with ya members someday. :idea:

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:15 pm

I guess so? I'm not familiar with Pixiv.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:46 pm

So.... Yeah, since some of the SMBX community members doesn't like the idea of the revival of the fan fiction forums.... Can y'all staff members please for the love of Ultimate Rinka, just revive the RP* (Roleplaying) forums in the next forums update instead? The entire forums was starting to get really boring since the deletion of the last RP forums imo (That's just based off DnD)! So yeah.... Can the staff members take this in consideration? It'll be nice to flesh out my SMBX RP character (whom was based off 1 specie of
'boss' character from the 'Super Smash Bros.' games)
more detailly, and add at least more of a expanded backstory than I added last time. And, unlike the previous rules of RPs written by Joey, why not expand the choices to other species from universe from OTHER universes of (Nintendo) franchises, other than just the Super Mario universe?!? Thanks for reading! ^^"

*RPs where the community members act like their own RP characters in topics, not just RPG-base!

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:26 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:46 pm
So.... Yeah, since some of the SMBX community members doesn't like the idea of the revival of the fan fiction forums.... Can y'all staff members please for the love of Ultimate Rinka, just revive the RP* (Roleplaying) forums in the next forums update instead? The entire forums was starting to get really boring since the deletion of the last RP forums imo (That's just based off DnD)! So yeah.... Can the staff members take this in consideration? It'll be nice to flesh out my SMBX RP character (whom was based off 1 specie of
'boss' character from the 'Super Smash Bros.' games)
more detailly, and add at least more of a expanded backstory than I added last time. And, unlike the previous rules of RPs written by Joey, why not expand the choices to other species from universe from OTHER universes of (Nintendo) franchises, other than just the Super Mario universe?!? Thanks for reading! ^^"

*RPs where the community members act like their own RP characters in topics, not just RPG-base!
Previous attempts to revive role-playing on the forum have all ended in people getting bored, which is why it hasn't happened since.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:23 am

Could we maybe bring back "this post bumped the at least 1 month old topic" for reports?
Bumping has happened a lot recently and I always use the "other" reason for it

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:22 am

Will the rating system be implemented? I remember you had discussions here regarding it, I personally think it would be interesting to see.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:10 am

I don't really seek it. Ratings will always spawn controversy. If it's coming, permission shouldn't be given to every member (like in the old days of reputation mod, which failed anyway lol). Downrater trolls exist.

Also, we now have three different SMBX engines. Could we soften the one-thread-per-person rule in Levels and allow different threads for different engines to avoid confusion?

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: bruh
Current Project: vibin'
Chat Username: Saltlord#3269

Postby Saltlord » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:19 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:10 am
Also, we now have three different SMBX engines. Could we soften the one-thread-per-person rule in Levels and allow different threads for different engines to avoid confusion?
Why though? That change would make it much more annoying to navigate through Levels.

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...
Current Project: sleeping
Chat Username: Castelia

Postby Ecruteak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:26 am

Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this, but what the hell happened on the 6th of November 2019?
2658 users online is quite the number. I'm gonna assume the majority of them were bots.
Ambiguously active.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:40 am

Ecruteak wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:26 am
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this, but what the hell happened on the 6th of November 2019?
2658 users online is quite the number. I'm gonna assume the majority of them were bots.

your assumption is correct, there was a malicious botnet attack until Aero implemented a fix to stop it

SparrowWithASword
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I like birds
Current Project: Another generic SMBX episode (yes that's the name of the episode)
Chat Username: bird bowser

Postby SparrowWithASword » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Why did highly, let's say popular creators like bossedit8 get banned? I came across a thread asking about cool ROM hacks and I saw that he was there, but I also saw he got banned. What did he say to get banned? Apparently crossposting is a reason for banning? I'm not sure.
Don't be afraid to make the switch to SMBX2, and don't feel pressured if you wish to not do it. Take my word for it, for I am just another casual user.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:28 pm

SparrowWithASword wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:51 pm
We don't talk about that member anymore in the SMBX community. It's kind of a community-based taboo nowadays

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Um.... Hey SMBX Admins & Mod members, I got a question with a proposed idea for the forums:

Can we have a feature involving forums private messages, and have that SMBX member decide which user(s)* can send him/her private messages on the forums please? I'm getting really tired of getting stupid private messages about any subjects involving "Hey, you looked at my new topic", or something else that's just a supersize waste of my time. -_-"

Thanks for reading staff members!

*Excluding the users that are members of the Forums Admins & Forums Mods, (Maybe the Dev team, if they're interesting), just allow them to send forums PMs whenever they feel like doing that.

Idunn
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Robotic
Current Project: Super Mario Forces Timeline
Chat Username: Name you never find

Postby Idunn » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:27 am

SparrowWithASword wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:51 pm
Why did highly, let's say popular creators like bossedit8 get banned? I came across a thread asking about cool ROM hacks and I saw that he was there, but I also saw he got banned. What did he say to get banned? Apparently crossposting is a reason for banning? I'm not sure.
Don’t expect the staff to answer this ever. In short He commited something that is illegal where I live and therefore he was banned.
FireyPaperMario wrote: Um.... Hey SMBX Admins & Mod members, I got a question with a proposed idea for the forums:

Can we have a feature involving forums private messages, and have that SMBX member decide which user(s)* can send him/her private messages on the forums please? I'm getting really tired of getting stupid private messages about any subjects involving "Hey, you looked at my new topic", or something else that's just a supersize waste of my time. -_-"

Thanks for reading staff members!

*Excluding the users that are members of the Forums Admins & Forums Mods, (Maybe the Dev team, if they're interesting), just allow them to send forums PMs whenever they feel like doing that.
If you don’t like these messages, why don’t you just ignore them and delete them?

I don’t think it would be a good idea to restrict people from pming someone.
Things i support!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:21 am

I mean, there's always this setting. Or the option to mark specific users as "foes" to hide all their content.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Return to “Site Discussion”