Page 9 of 14

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:40 pm
by Rhosty
AeroMatter wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:46 pm
Rhosty wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:33 pm
I don't know what happened, but when I tried to change my profile picture, a message
on the loaded page said "page not found"
I've had this happen very rarely. Were you able to update your profile picture?
I tried again today, still can't.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:02 pm
by FireyPaperMario
Remember when I request the next SMBX community double elimination tournament to be on Pokémon Sword & Shield back in June? I did some thinking during work on the rules, AND decided to do a "Best 2 out of 3 rounds" rule for each bracket instead of using Nuzlocke rules! So can we do a community tournament on Sword & Shield with these rules instead:
Rules for this tourney: show

What I came up with:

  • For each round, both contestants must choose 3 of the 6 Pokémon from his/her team.
  • No Pokémon in you team that are Level 49 or below aren't allowed!
  • Like I said in this post, each bracket is best 2 out of 3 wins!
  • You can't have duplicates in your Pokémon team.
  • If the time limit for the round expires, whoever has the most non-fainted Pokémon wins the round. (Time limit for each round is STILL TBA atm)
  • Also, if the time limit for the round expires, and both contestants have the same number of non-fainted Pokémon, add the number of HP each alive Pokémon has left, and the contestant with the most HP wins the round!
  • Bring any Pokémon in this community based online tourney, excluding some such as Mewtwo, & Mew for example. Just for fairness! (More info on that in the future)
  • Held items are prohibited! Take the held item away from your Pokémon team in-game please!

So are the rules in the spoilers okay with everyone! ^_^"

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:25 pm
by Aero
Rhosty wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:40 pm
I tried again today, still can't.
PM me if you still aren't able to.
FireyPaperMario wrote: Remember when I request the next SMBX community double elimination tournament to be on Pokémon Sword & Shield back in June? I did some thinking during work on the rules, AND decided to do a "Best 2 out of 3 rounds" rule for each bracket instead of using Nuzlocke rules! So can we do a community tournament on Sword & Shield with these rules instead:
Rules for this tourney: show

What I came up with:

  • For each round, both contestants must choose 3 of the 6 Pokémon from his/her team.
  • No Pokémon in you team that are Level 49 or below aren't allowed!
  • Like I said in this post, each bracket is best 2 out of 3 wins!
  • You can't have duplicates in your Pokémon team.
  • If the time limit for the round expires, whoever has the most non-fainted Pokémon wins the round. (Time limit for each round is STILL TBA atm)
  • Also, if the time limit for the round expires, and both contestants have the same number of non-fainted Pokémon, add the number of HP each alive Pokémon has left, and the contestant with the most HP wins the round!
  • Bring any Pokémon in this community based online tourney, excluding some such as Mewtwo, & Mew for example. Just for fairness! (More info on that in the future)
  • Held items are prohibited! Take the held item away from your Pokémon team in-game please!

So are the rules in the spoilers okay with everyone! ^_^"
Try this out first as a regular tournament to gauge the interest in something like this.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:59 am
by Cedur
How do the occasional "last bumped by ..." messages occur? (example: viewtopic.php?f=89&p=350832#p350832)

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:03 pm
by Aero
That happens when a button is available to bump an old topic.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:38 pm
by Cedur
I have never ever seen that. Where is it located, how does it look like, and under which circumstances does it appear?

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:37 pm
by Aero
If you made a thread that has not been bumped in a while then a link will appear under "Topic tools" (The tanooki suit icon) that will bump the topic.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:58 pm
by Cedur
Thanks, I've also seen it now in an old thread of mine (Google research was a bit confusing). Again, thanks for the information.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 am
by Cedur
Is there gonna be another password change prompt soon?

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:33 pm
by Aero
No, that shouldn't be necessary.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:45 pm
by Cedur
So I just noticed that there is a "newly registered users" group. How does it work?

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm
by Electriking
Cedur wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:45 pm
So I just noticed that there is a "newly registered users" group. How does it work?
New users have to have posts approved. After 1 post is approved of, the user becomes a regular member. This exists to prevent spam bots from posting.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:54 am
by Cedur
Aero wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:33 pm
No, that shouldn't be necessary.

Ok, but how about the wiki then?

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:50 pm
by Aero
The wiki is not the priority atm but there will be an announcement about it eventually.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:42 am
by Taycamgame
Electriking wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:45 pm
So I just noticed that there is a "newly registered users" group. How does it work?
New users have to have posts approved. After 1 post is approved of, the user becomes a regular member. This exists to prevent spam bots from posting.
This wasn't always the case, if I recall I didn't need my first post to be approved back in 2017 (unless it was a thing but there's no notification of it?)

Also, what's going to be happening with the Social Media team? The channel in Discord has been inactive for a few months and I don't believe any posts have been made to the SMBX socials recently either. Being a part of that team, this does concern me and I'm wondering what is planned for the future of the SMBX Social Media group?

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:03 am
by Electriking
Taycamgame wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:42 am
Electriking wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:45 pm
So I just noticed that there is a "newly registered users" group. How does it work?
New users have to have posts approved. After 1 post is approved of, the user becomes a regular member. This exists to prevent spam bots from posting.
This wasn't always the case, if I recall I didn't need my first post to be approved back in 2017 (unless it was a thing but there's no notification of it?)
It was introduced about 6 months ago IIRC.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:50 pm
by Aero
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=23727#p349032 This was when we started using that.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:49 pm
by Taycamgame
Ah, I see.
Anyway, back to my main point
"Also, what's going to be happening with the Social Media team? The channel in Discord has been inactive for a few months and I don't believe any posts have been made to the SMBX socials recently either. Being a part of that team, this does concern me and I'm wondering what is planned for the future of the SMBX Social Media group?"

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:20 pm
by Cedur
To my knowledge, literally nobody reacted to Warlock's thread that's still a global announcement

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:48 pm
by FireyPaperMario
I gotta get this off my chest out of curiosity. Why is Kley forums bot now?