SMBX Site Q&A

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:55 am

Adding users as foes does not block PMs per se, but you can go to "Rules, folders & settings" and define a rule that makes messages from foes be deleted, or just any specific user as you prefer
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
CD20Superness
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby CD20Superness » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:42 pm

What happened to the other threads like the emotion threads?
i'm a teenage boy who likes multitasking.

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4697
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Aero » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 am

CD20Superness wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:42 pm
What happened to the other threads like the emotion threads?
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26159#p376313

User avatar
computerfan0
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: Bring the Wiki back!
Contact:

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby computerfan0 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:31 am

Aero wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 am
CD20Superness wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:42 pm
What happened to the other threads like the emotion threads?
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26159#p376313
This doesn't seem like a very good reason, we had good discussion in these threads and the "What pisses you off" got replaced because it was so popular.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Enjl » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:52 am

Like 50% of that thread was just certain users finding new things to choose to get upset over with little to no room for follow up, nor expectation for it. Talking about pet-peeves or issues are better isolated to dedicated threads where discussion about them can thrive. Rather than "I hate that I have to do homework on tuesdays in the rain" followed by the silent unposted "ok cool my turn"
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

User avatar
Idunn
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Flair: Robotic

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Idunn » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:52 am

Enjl wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:52 am
Like 50% of that thread was just certain users finding new things to choose to get upset over with little to no room for follow up, nor expectation for it. Talking about pet-peeves or issues are better isolated to dedicated threads where discussion about them can thrive. Rather than "I hate that I have to do homework on tuesdays in the rain" followed by the silent unposted "ok cool my turn"
This pretty much, I honestly doubt that most of the posts made in what pisses you off were being serious.
And when being asked about certain posts nobody was ever given an answer, instead it was ignored and the next shit came.
Please do not use any assets made for my Project! I will bring you to court if you do!

Kyasarin and Luminous were right all along!

Image

My Project:
Spoiler: show
Image
Projects that have my support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:48 am

Basically these threads were forum games ... there goes my favorite postcounting venue :>
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
CD20Superness
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby CD20Superness » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:08 pm

computerfan0 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:31 am
Aero wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 am
CD20Superness wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:42 pm
What happened to the other threads like the emotion threads?
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26159#p376313
This doesn't seem like a very good reason, we had good discussion in these threads and the "What pisses you off" got replaced because it was so popular.
Yeah, this sucks. But that doesn't mean i'm leaving yet. :cry:
i'm a teenage boy who likes multitasking.

User avatar
Idunn
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Flair: Robotic

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Idunn » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:10 am

First off, just because the Blabla thread got replaced doesn’t mean the reason was because it was popular.

If that would be the case a lot of threads should have been purged, the reason they got removed was because they were just low effort threads and had no quality.

Plus I repeat I’m sure that some people just made up things in it.

Also if anyone leaves the forum because of that then that’s just childish.
Please do not use any assets made for my Project! I will bring you to court if you do!

Kyasarin and Luminous were right all along!

Image

My Project:
Spoiler: show
Image
Projects that have my support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:15 am

> emotion games threads are removed
> Sandbox doesn't get any new posts
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Enjl » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:16 am

Cedur wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:15 am
> emotion games threads are removed
> Sandbox doesn't get any new posts
When people with nothing going on on their end have have no external events to point out... pretty relatable. Like I can only speak for myself I've been refreshing the same 4 webpages and working on a single thing for 7 months, and thus got nothing worth reporting on in the sandbox forum. And I know at least a couple of people who are in the same boat.

Of course this isn't some form of plea for some ongoing catastrophe to rear its ugly head, but yknow, just saying that times are a bit samey (maybe not for everyone, but for the people who would consider posting in the sandbox forum).
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

User avatar
CD20Superness
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby CD20Superness » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:38 am

Enjl wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:16 am
Cedur wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:15 am
> emotion games threads are removed
> Sandbox doesn't get any new posts
When people with nothing going on on their end have have no external events to point out... pretty relatable. Like I can only speak for myself I've been refreshing the same 4 webpages and working on a single thing for 7 months, and thus got nothing worth reporting on in the sandbox forum. And I know at least a couple of people who are in the same boat.

Of course this isn't some form of plea for some ongoing catastrophe to rear its ugly head, but yknow, just saying that times are a bit samey (maybe not for everyone, but for the people who would consider posting in the sandbox forum).
I really don't like this decision because my life ALWAYS gets in the way. :oops:

Edit: But then, I just had to learn and accept it.
i'm a teenage boy who likes multitasking.

User avatar
Idunn
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Flair: Robotic

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Idunn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:04 pm

Maybe you just need to change something? Stand up more to the problems you encounter, because saying stuff that gets in your way in a forum like this won’t solve the problem.
Please do not use any assets made for my Project! I will bring you to court if you do!

Kyasarin and Luminous were right all along!

Image

My Project:
Spoiler: show
Image
Projects that have my support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Enjl » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:20 pm

To be fair, venting can be useful but I'm not sure how useful it is if it's just a shout in the void. YMMV but most of the vents I've seen/had were more effective in conversational form, which the thread didn't lend itself well to. I feel like there's also value to be had in instead talking about/doing enjoyable things to get one's mind off unenjoyable things.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:12 pm

This kind of threads would be more suited for a Forum Games section where postcount is disabled. I wonder why this forum never had one.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4697
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Aero » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:12 am

because they're bad

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:12 am

ok sorry for being a party pooper but this is also an emotion thread like the ones removed viewtopic.php?f=50&t=18880
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

candle
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:43 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby candle » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:16 pm

Dropping by after a longer absence :)

I have an idea for a community project. Could you tell where to best propose it?

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Cedur » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:10 pm

candle wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:16 pm
Dropping by after a longer absence :)

I have an idea for a community project. Could you tell where to best propose it?

If it's a new TI2 for SMBX2 then there's already a thread for that.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

candle
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:43 am

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby candle » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:41 am

Thanks for the quick reply, Cedur :)

Could someone tell me what a TI2 is? Already searched the forum for it, but got no result, because theat keyword is "too common". Sorry, like I said, I've been away for a while and so may have missed the introduction of a new term.


Return to “Site Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests