1.4.5 Super Mario Bros & the Light Shards

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
MyawCat
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: For SMBX: Super Mario Bros & the Light Shards. For outside SMBX: Food Vortex

1.4.5 Super Mario Bros & the Light Shards

Postby MyawCat » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:42 pm

Well I present to you my project of SMBX that i been working on, i will be updating this post with new screnshots and videos.

Plot:

Princess Peach, Mario, Lugi, and a loyal blue Toad go to a festival in another kingdom, this kingdom is called "Stygian Kingdom", this kingdom caracterizes for being a place with a lot of light or a lot of darkness, the part that will be explored in this episode will be the one with darkness. This kingdom is also the origin of the paintings that teleport you to another places, like the ones in SM64 and SMO.

After meeting up with the two queens (one of light, one of darkness) and before the festival starts, the kingdom is attaced by Bowser, with the help of the old Kammy Koopa, their plan was to steal one of the primary source of power of the kingdom, the "Light Shards", this shards give the power to the Stygianllers to control the light. But what Kammy and Bowser didn´t know was that the light shards had other purpuse, that purpose is to keep trap an ancient and powerful evil force.

New Characters:

These are the Stygianllers, people of the Stygian Kingdom, their kingdom will be the HUB of this episode, you will travel to locations where the "Light Shards" land on, through the paintings, so each time you collected a new shard a new painting will be avaible.

Worlds and Levels Progress:

Their will be 9 worlds in total, each one will have 8 levels, but the 8th and 9th world will have only 4 levels.

This is the firts kingdom you will visit, "Sequoia Forest Kingdom", it´s the nearest place where the "Light Shards" fell. This kingdom is a big old forest, inhabited by diverse species of insects like the Wigglers, this kingdom is ruled by the "Queen Bee", but it has been invaded by the koopaling Morton Koopa Jr.

This is the second kingdom, you will return to the lands of "Sarasaland Kingdom", this will a little of a reimagined thing, the princess Daisy is the ruler, and this time the kingdom is being invaded by Larry Koopa and it´s helped by the Shy Bandits, this wild shy guys will be a constant treat in this kingdom.

Screenshots:

Screenshot 1. Character Selection in progress (graphics) and the HUD
Screenshot 2. 1-4 Apple Bulb´s Forest
Screenshot 3. 2-2 Desert Radiance
Screenshot 4. 8-A Sizzling Sky

Gameplay Videos:

Last edited by MyawCat on Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DerEric
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: FINAL BOSS
Current Project: Who knows?
Chat Username: Eric

Re: 1.4.5 Super Mario Bros & the Light Shards

Postby DerEric » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:42 pm

I've seen the previews you uploaded a while ago, but I'm still impressed. I really like the graphics and that darkness level looks incredible as well.
Just wait and see.

MyawCat
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: For SMBX: Super Mario Bros & the Light Shards. For outside SMBX: Food Vortex

Postby MyawCat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:38 am

Ludwig_von Koopa wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:42 pm
I've seen the previews you uploaded a while ago, but I'm still impressed. I really like the graphics and that darkness level looks incredible as well.
Thanks a lot!!! uwu

Teemster2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:20 pm

This looks really good for 1.4.5. Looks like you put alot of thought into it. Can't wait to see more progress.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Return to “Projects”