SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8744
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby Enjl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:54 am

Idunn wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 pm
What deprecated luas are you even using that are holding you back to move this over to b4?
I quickly looked through the episode folder... it includes an INCREDIBLY LARGE amount of redundant local copies of libraries. Frequently counted 3 copies of libraries, some of which I had never even heard of (npcRoutines and Coroutines, which were included next to several copies of eventu, for example).
Resolving that would less be an issue of updating the files and more of resolving the mess that has accumulated due to the lack of structure in the folders, as all instances of deprecated things first have to be discovered. The only difficult replacements I found with the brief skim are textblox (only difficult if wordbubbles were frequently used), and customlotus (only difficult because the library itself is really badly written so it'll take hours to figure out what to even do).
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

User avatar
DoraemonPepe
Banned
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:00 am
Flair: Being completely crazy.
Contact:

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby DoraemonPepe » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:16 am

Xboy1 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:30 am
This looks mindblowing! On the 1st level, the title popping up was blocking the enemies, and I died almost instantly. And maybe you should lower the amount of enemies. I started playing this about 10 minutes ago, and I still cant even pass the 1st level, but that might just be because I suck :/
Enjl wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:54 am
Idunn wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 pm
What deprecated luas are you even using that are holding you back to move this over to b4?
I quickly looked through the episode folder... it includes an INCREDIBLY LARGE amount of redundant local copies of libraries. Frequently counted 3 copies of libraries, some of which I had never even heard of (npcRoutines and Coroutines, which were included next to several copies of eventu, for example).
Resolving that would less be an issue of updating the files and more of resolving the mess that has accumulated due to the lack of structure in the folders, as all instances of deprecated things first have to be discovered. The only difficult replacements I found with the brief skim are textblox (only difficult if wordbubbles were frequently used), and customlotus (only difficult because the library itself is really badly written so it'll take hours to figure out what to even do).
Hmmm... it seems those two issues I'm aware for, but one of it is probably unresolvable since fixing these would be seems very difficult and might take more times to completely fix it. :|

Also, GorgiUpcevWOW, are you sure you're willing that you're CAN fix these two issues?

Or else...

(nope, i'm not that pappy, that guy is truly looks like dr. wily from mega man series i guess)

User avatar
Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Flair: Robotic

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby Idunn » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:22 am

Thx Enjl for the answer, since the creator doesn’t seem to respond to some of the question he’s asked about his project I’m glad that someone actually did answer it.
Things i support!
Image
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Image

Image
Image
Image
Image


User avatar
DoraemonPepe
Banned
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:00 am
Flair: Being completely crazy.
Contact:

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby DoraemonPepe » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:24 am

Idunn wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:22 am
Thx Enjl for the answer, since the creator doesn’t seem to respond to some of the question he’s asked about his project I’m glad that someone actually did answer it.
Ok

User avatar
GorgiUpcevWOW
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:14 am
Flair: Toadette Adventure Dev

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby GorgiUpcevWOW » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:56 pm

I Copypaste them

- The custom ghosts and gas bubbles are from Hypnosis Redo
- The Fire and Temperature are from VVinter Redemption
- Explosion in Hilly Level/Desert Level are from BetterifiVed
and more

credit to them (Enjl, Sancles and more people on the SMBX Community)

i don't fix stuff, please talk about Toadette's Quest to best the TrendTube Squad.

Also New currency "SMWSAPoints" and shop coming to SMWSABSEP Episode which is from VVinter Redemption shop on the oasis.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8744
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby Enjl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:01 pm

If you rely on Redemption code, I urge you to stop. The code in that episode is extremely bad (much like the episode itself). There's a reason I never publically released any of it. All it can do is make episodes and people's coding ability worse.

As for the gas bubbles in Hypnosis, those are just kinda in beta 4 now... The ghosts from that level are fine to use at your own risk, though they were never released publically due to the npc-n system not yet existing then, and them not being fit for all situations.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

User avatar
GorgiUpcevWOW
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:14 am
Flair: Toadette Adventure Dev

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby GorgiUpcevWOW » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:24 pm

i'm sorry for your Asset copyright, I stopped working on SMWSABSEP, i'm now working on Toadette's Quest to best the TrendTube Squad.

What happend to your Toybox Enjl, include the swing claw from SMM2, i want to use it on my episode. Bye

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8744
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby Enjl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:15 pm

It's not about copyright. It's about the scripts being horrible and you being better off by not touching anything from that episode.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

User avatar
Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Flair: Robotic

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby Idunn » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:47 pm

GorgiUpcevWOW wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:56 pm
i don't fix stuff, please talk about Toadette's Quest to best the TrendTube Squad.
I don’t know if we should talk about it here, it’s probably better to have a separate topic for it then.
Also why not fix stuff people mentioned? So if there are any glitches, bugs etc in the new project you do what’s the point telling you what you can fix if you won’t?

Doesn’t look like you learned from the past.
Things i support!
Image
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Image

Image
Image
Image
Image


User avatar
GorgiUpcevWOW
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:14 am
Flair: Toadette Adventure Dev

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby GorgiUpcevWOW » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:02 pm

i mean i don't "know" how to fix stuff, later i'm going to create another topic where you can contact me, maybe a project devlog or something.

bye for now.

User avatar
DoraemonPepe
Banned
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:00 am
Flair: Being completely crazy.
Contact:

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby DoraemonPepe » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:17 pm

I felt I'm no longer support your any project anymore it because you stopped working on SMESABSEP and started working on your minisode episode about Toadette.

And I also think you're not willing to fix these two bugs I mentioned.

Goodbye.

User avatar
Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:42 pm

GorgiUpcevWOW wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:24 pm
i'm sorry for your Asset copyright, I stopped working on SMWSABSEP, i'm now working on Toadette's Quest to best the TrendTube Squad.

What happend to your Toybox Enjl, include the swing claw from SMM2, i want to use it on my episode. Bye
This is not the forum to ask anyone to make you anything. They have a forum for that.

How do you expect us to be interested in your projects if you just give up on them so quickly and don't fix issues?

Added in 1 minute 19 seconds:
DoraemonPepe wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:17 pm
I felt I'm no longer support your any project anymore it because you stopped working on SMESABSEP and started working on your minisode episode about Toadette.

And I also think you're not willing to fix these two bugs I mentioned.

Goodbye.
This person (Gorgi) does not seem to take his/her projects seriously.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

User avatar
DoraemonPepe
Banned
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:00 am
Flair: Being completely crazy.
Contact:

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby DoraemonPepe » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:44 pm
GorgiUpcevWOW wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:24 pm
i'm sorry for your Asset copyright, I stopped working on SMWSABSEP, i'm now working on Toadette's Quest to best the TrendTube Squad.

What happend to your Toybox Enjl, include the swing claw from SMM2, i want to use it on my episode. Bye
This is not the forum to ask anyone to make you anything. They have a forum for that.

How do you expect us to be interested in your projects if you just give up on them so quickly and don't fix issues?

Added in 1 minute 19 seconds:
DoraemonPepe wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:17 pm
I felt I'm no longer support your any project anymore it because you stopped working on SMESABSEP and started working on your minisode episode about Toadette.

And I also think you're not willing to fix these two bugs I mentioned.

Goodbye.
This person (Gorgi) does not seem to take his/her projects seriously.
Sorry for the late reply because my mom take away my phone temporarily until late 10PM. But, I understand you. :(

Yeah, you right, Teemster2.

User avatar
GorgiUpcevWOW
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:14 am
Flair: Toadette Adventure Dev

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby GorgiUpcevWOW » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:44 am

I'm not leaving forever, I only said bye so you could contact me later. I think I'm going to continue developing SMWSABSEP, this episode will never be canceled.
Last edited by GorgiUpcevWOW on Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
DoraemonPepe
Banned
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:00 am
Flair: Being completely crazy.
Contact:

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby DoraemonPepe » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:45 am

GorgiUpcevWOW wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:44 am
I'm not leaving forever, I only said bye so you could contact me later. I think I'm going to continue developing SMWSABSEP, this episode will never be canceled.
Oh. Good luck with both of your projects

User avatar
GorgiUpcevWOW
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:14 am
Flair: Toadette Adventure Dev

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby GorgiUpcevWOW » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Contact me on the SMBX Discord.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6500
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby Cedur » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:22 pm

GorgiUpcevWOW wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:14 pm
Contact me on the SMBX Discord.

He's not gonna do this, as he quit the community himself. (for no good reason may I add)
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
GorgiUpcevWOW
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:14 am
Flair: Toadette Adventure Dev

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby GorgiUpcevWOW » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:30 pm

i did not quit SMBX and i'm never gonna quit. i only said "bye for now" to contact me later, not for quiting SMBX forever. is this a bad idea, i just want to use Discord. What are you talking about, i'm never quitting SMBX.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6500
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby Cedur » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:57 pm

GorgiUpcevWOW wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:30 pm
i did not quit SMBX and i'm never gonna quit. i only said "bye for now" to contact me later, not for quiting SMBX forever. is this a bad idea, i just want to use Discord. What are you talking about, i'm never quitting SMBX.

by "he" I mean DoraemonPepe, the person you were talking to.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
GorgiUpcevWOW
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:14 am
Flair: Toadette Adventure Dev

Re: SMWSA: Burns's Sister's Evil Plans (Demo) - Pre 3

Postby GorgiUpcevWOW » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:08 am

I will be active both discord and SMBX forums, I meant to say to him I was busy. I'm not quitting SMBX. Let me post something good.


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: thegameseum and 2 guests