Super Mario Bros. X Allstars Pack (Lost Levels Demo Almost Complete!)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: ill teach your grandmother to suck eggs
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack, but thats dead :D
Chat Username: none

Re: Super Mario Bros. X Allstars Pack -STAFF WANTED!-

Postby TheKidCodee » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Cedur wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:ping
is this still a thing?
When on earth did i say that.
(Edit: 2 pages!)
thekidcode . i rarely ever visit this account anymore, because i have evolved into some nobody named fluffy.

discord: https://discord.gg/sJRPyNG
twitter: https://twitter.com/FluffyFTA

original signature, before 8/28/2020:
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

burnt_koopa
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: Super Mario World The Great Adventure
Chat Username: Burnt_koopa

Postby burnt_koopa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 pm

I think this is going to be great project. but that's a lot of levels your making. my project only has 74 levels and I'm only half ways done. but honestly I think you can do it!! its possible. just stay focussed and think about how great it'll be when its all finished. I'm really excited for it to come out tho. when you have certain worlds done you should release a demo :)

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey

Postby TheKidCodee » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:22 pm

burnt_koopa wrote:I think this is going to be great project. but that's a lot of levels your making. my project only has 74 levels and I'm only half ways done. but honestly I think you can do it!! its possible. just stay focussed and think about how great it'll be when its all finished. I'm really excited for it to come out tho. when you have certain worlds done you should release a demo :)
Im gonna do the first world for every game. Thanks for the pep talk. :)
thekidcode . i rarely ever visit this account anymore, because i have evolved into some nobody named fluffy.

Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:00 pm

I said this only bc you came back from inactivity. Good to know you're still on it.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:47 pm

Need 4 more developers

Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Re: Super Mario Bros. X Allstars Pack (Lost Levels Demo Almost Complete!)

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:04 pm

I can't give constructive criticism about this project because nothing you are doing is original.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:10 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:Need 4 more developers
I doubt that will happen

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:13 pm

TLtimelord wrote:I can't give constructive criticism about this project because nothing you are doing is original.
beats me

Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:21 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:beats me
Yeah, you really got me there, bud.

I'm still not entirely wrong. You made some of the most minor of changes at most to your levels. Otherwise they are carbon copies or intended copies of SNES mario levels, am I correct?
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:24 pm

TLtimelord wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:beats me
Yeah, you really got me there, bud.

I'm still not entirely wrong. You made some of the most minor of changes at most to your levels. Otherwise they are carbon copies or intended copies of SNES mario levels, am I correct?
Yes. But there will also be new secrets that weren't in the original

Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:33 am

Friendly reminder that Phil's SMB3 remake is also a carbon copy, and it got featured, so this project is neither illegitimate or nonsensical.

I would be interested in doing SMW. Problem is just that I'm so busy with college that I struggle focusing on anything SMBX-related (I'm glad already if I can keep playing my ongoing episodes, such as Your Journey Awaits).

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:55 am

Basically what you really need is just a remake of SMB1 and SMB2. SMB3 and SMW have already been remade, with the SMW version taking a few more liberties.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:53 am

Zha Hong Lang wrote:with the SMW version taking a few more liberties
I don't think Return to Dinosaur Island is anywhere a remake if that's what you're referring to

it roughly uses the world map concept, the graphics and the player costume, but the levels are vastly distinct

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Postby Super Luigi! » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:17 am

This project looks promising, TheKidCodee. I like how you're slightly tweaking the original levels instead of simply copying them. I'm not sure what else to say, so keep up the good work.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Cedur wrote:I don't think Return to Dinosaur Island is anywhere a remake if that's what you're referring to

it roughly uses the world map concept, the graphics and the player costume, but the levels are vastly distinct
It's not a rehash of the original game, in the same line as the all-stars games. But it still follows very closely behind SMW, borrowing whole levels at a time. Yes, it has content that SMW didn't have and lacks content that SMW had, but not all remakes have to be utter slaves to their base games. Take a look at the metroid remakes and how much they differ from their base material. Sometimes they go as far as adding whole new sections not present in the original, or scrapping out content that wasn't really beneficial. (note the boss fights in the original metroid versus the ones in metroid zero mission)

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 am

I don't think Return To Dinosaur Land's levels could be possibly be recognised as SMW levels. A remake should at least feel like the original, which Return To Dinosaur does not feel like, so it is not really a remake. Adding some new content, removing some content and changing up some boss fights won't necessarily change the feel the game. Vastly changing levels definitely will change the feel, something Return To Dinosaur Land does. I doubt that Red Yoshi and Valterri were intending to make it a remake of SMW. Yes it has the same graphics and tries to replicate the map as much as is possible in SMBX, but the levels completely divert from the feel of SMW.

Also do the creators of the first of the remakes hold patents to remaking those games? Probably not. If user A decides to be the to make the first remake SMB in the level editor he has to be pulished to the community, then user B decides to publish his own SMB remake to the same community a few months later, should user B's remake be considered a rip-off of User A's. Probably not, and if it were, then it would be hypocritical to see it as that as user A's remake can also be considered a rip-off from te original SMB itself that he was remaking. Let's not butcher him becase some of the games he is remaking has been remade before, otherwise we should also butcher Phil for deciding to do a 'rip-off' of SMB3, the guy who decided to feature it, Sapphire Bullet Bill for his SMB1 remake, Yung Gotenks for his lost levels remake and anyone else who decided to remake a game or level in SMBX.

Basically, if he wants to remake games, just let him do it.

Also is this for 1.4 or 2.0? Because you said that you need 2.0 beta 4 for some of te levels but the is a screenshot taken in SMBX 1.4.4. 2.0 and 1.4 have limited compatibility with each other.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey

Postby TheKidCodee » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Cedur wrote:Friendly reminder that Phil's SMB3 remake is also a carbon copy, and it got featured, so this project is neither illegitimate or nonsensical.
It's different, but only due to limitations of SMBX.
Zha Hong Lang wrote:Basically what you really need is just a remake of SMB1 and SMB2. SMB3 and SMW have already been remade, with the SMW version taking a few more liberties.
1. Not to mention SMBLL and Yoshi's Island
2. RTDL isn't a remake. Not only because it's almost completely different, but also cause it takes place after the original,
Cedur wrote:I don't think Return to Dinosaur Island is anywhere a remake if that's what you're referring to.
It roughly uses the world map concept, the graphics and the player costume, but the levels are vastly distinct
but Cedur took the words right out of my mouth.
Super Luigi! wrote:This project looks promising, TheKidCodee. I like how you're slightly tweaking the original levels instead of simply copying them. I'm not sure what else to say, so keep up the good work.
Thank you. I really just wanna put love in this project.
Zha Hong Lang wrote:It's not a rehash of the original game, in the same line as the all-stars games. But it still follows very closely behind SMW, borrowing whole levels at a time. Yes, it has content that SMW didn't have and lacks content that SMW had, but not all remakes have to be utter slaves to their base games. Take a look at the metroid remakes and how much they differ from their base material. Sometimes they go as far as adding whole new sections not present in the original, or scrapping out content that wasn't really beneficial. (note the boss fights in the original metroid versus the ones in metroid zero mission)
RTDL is really just a fanmade sequel to Mario World (Yoshi's Island is a prequel)

Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Electriking wrote:I don't think Return To Dinosaur Land's levels could be possibly be recognised as SMW levels. A remake should at least feel like the original, which Return To Dinosaur does not feel like, so it is not really a remake. Adding some new content, removing some content and changing up some boss fights won't necessarily change the feel the game. Vastly changing levels definitely will change the feel, something Return To Dinosaur Land does.
How so? I mean there's obvious limitations that SMBX had at the time which kept it from copying the same feel, but how does it aim for a different feel? Again, it uses the same aesthetic to a very high extent, and copies whole levels out of the game. Lots of mechanics were copied over as best as they could be. Even the castles have the same story progression as the original. Yes, there are a few instances where the game does something that SMW would never do, but that's just a few exceptions against a major trend.
Also do the creators of the first of the remakes hold patents to remaking those games? Probably not. If user A decides to be the to make the first remake SMB in the level editor he has to be pulished to the community, then user B decides to publish his own SMB remake to the same community a few months later, should user B's remake be considered a rip-off of User A's. Probably not, and if it were, then it would be hypocritical to see it as that as user A's remake can also be considered a rip-off from te original SMB itself that he was remaking. Let's not butcher him becase some of the games he is remaking has been remade before, otherwise we should also butcher Phil for deciding to do a 'rip-off' of SMB3, the guy who decided to feature it, Sapphire Bullet Bill for his SMB1 remake, Yung Gotenks for his lost levels remake and anyone else who decided to remake a game or level in SMBX.
... You're joking, right?

When did I ever say he's not allowed to do it? I'm just saying that there are existing remakes of some of the games he plans to cover, and his might not stand out as much if he intends to do the exact same thing as what they did. You're extrapolating a COMPLETELY different meaning onto what I said and I don't like your accusation.
TheKidCodee wrote:RTDL isn't a remake. Not only because it's almost completely different, but also cause it takes place after the original,
Story doesn't matter on whether or not a game is a remake. By your logic, A Link Between Worlds isn't a remake because it takes place after A Link to the Past.

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:20 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:RTDL isn't a remake. Not only because it's almost completely different, but also cause it takes place after the original,
Story doesn't matter on whether or not a game is a remake. By your logic, A Link Between Worlds isn't a remake because it takes place after A Link to the Past.
Either way it's still not a remake. It wasn't meant to be.
Also, what eletricking said wasn't related to what you said. He just asked a question.

Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:17 pm

TheKidCodee wrote: Either way it's still not a remake. It wasn't meant to be.
Well, without having a logical base for your opinion, I'm not convinced. How is it not meant to be a remake, after all that I said?
Also, what eletricking said wasn't related to what you said. He just asked a question.
No, it was completely relevant to what he said. Read his entire paragraph, not just the first sentence.

Return to “Projects”