Super Mario Country (4-7 Screen Added)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.

What Would You Like to See a Screenshot of Next? (20 Total Votes or September 30th For Next Screen)

1-1 Jungle Hijinx
14%
1-2 Canopy Climb
14%
1-B Bramble Sanctuary
No votes
2-2 Mine Cart Chaos
29%
2-3 Pyramid Schism
No votes
2-4 Bullet Ranch
29%
2-5 Pyramid Pursuit
No votes
3-1 Wicked Walkway
No votes
3-2 Torrid Den
No votes
3-6 Mine Cart Cave-In
No votes
4-6 Forest Frenzy
14%

Total votes: 7
The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Super Mario Country (1-6 Screen Added) (I Hope the community isn't dead)

Postby The Thwomp King » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:42 pm

Geo Pyro wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:18 am
This project looks fantastic! I love the SNES DKC trilogy as well as the Returns and Tropical Freeze games. I really wish I could play some of the levels that have been done for this. Also, if you are using DKC trilogy music for this, you got me sold!

I'm almost tempted to apply for a level designer in this. I haven't done anything for SMBX yet, but I've made several Super Mario Maker 2 levels that have gotten good feedback. I even made a Bramble Scramble-like level that someone recorded and uploaded to YouTube and got fairly popular. Here it is in case you are curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qATuDSxjDzQ&t

However, don't mind me. I still have to get more familiar with the use of SMBX (even though I used it years ago, SMBX2 has a lot of features that are very new to me).
Glad to see another fan of the series! You can definitely be assured that a majority of the levels will feature David Wise's beautiful soundtrack for the series. I'm actually working on a bramble level myself right now, and they're always a lot of work (at least with how I've tried designing them).

SMBX2 is quite another monster when compared to MM2, but I watched your level and it looks both fun and challenging with a lot of care and thought put into it. I'd be open to seeing what you got as a designer, and I could try to work with you too as far as what I expect out of a level and so on. Feel free to PM me on here or on discord and we can get started.

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

Geo Pyro
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: PK Fire

Re: Super Mario Country (1-6 Screen Added) (I Hope the community isn't dead)

Postby Geo Pyro » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:07 pm

The Thwomp King wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:42 pm
Glad to see another fan of the series! You can definitely be assured that a majority of the levels will feature David Wise's beautiful soundtrack for the series. I'm actually working on a bramble level myself right now, and they're always a lot of work (at least with how I've tried designing them).

SMBX2 is quite another monster when compared to MM2, but I watched your level and it looks both fun and challenging with a lot of care and thought put into it. I'd be open to seeing what you got as a designer, and I could try to work with you too as far as what I expect out of a level and so on. Feel free to PM me on here or on discord and we can get started.
I love me some David Wise music. I specially love his work in DKC2, which is my favorite 2D platformer ever done. The bramble levels definitively are the most memorable of that game, and after studying them in order to make my rendition of it in SMM2, I can tell they are the most complex ones, so no doubt they are a lot of work (though I spend much more time at the musical part I included at the end of my SMM2 course).

I'm aware SMM2 and SMBX2 are still quite different (with SMM2 being so limited compared to SMBX, I had to be creative in reproducing the barrel cannons and such), that's why I'm still shying away from wanting to join a project as a designer. But hey, thank you! I'll try to learn more about using the SMBX2 editor before joining a team, though.
I support:
Spoiler: show

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Super Mario Country (1-6 Screen Added, Oh and New Levels???)

Postby The Thwomp King » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:40 pm

On top of all of this stuff I figured I owed you all a level or two. I uploaded two levels to my newly made levels thread for all of you to play and check out. One recently made level and one I made years back that will also be included in the episode. I hope you all enjoy them, and I will be attaching a link to my level thread in the main post for ease of things.

Here's the screen for 5-8 Ropeclimb Rumble:

Geo Pyro
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: PK Fire

Re: Super Mario Country (5-8 Screen Added Plus a Couple Levels)

Postby Geo Pyro » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:29 am

That Ropeclimb Rumble screenshot really got me intrigued. It reminds me a lot to that burning rope autoscroll cliff level from DKC3. Based hard level; seems like many people hated it but I loved the challenge.
I support:

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Super Mario Country (5-8 Screen Added Plus a Couple Levels)

Postby The Thwomp King » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:52 am

Geo Pyro wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:29 am
That Ropeclimb Rumble screenshot really got me intrigued. It reminds me a lot to that burning rope autoscroll cliff level from DKC3. Based hard level; seems like many people hated it but I loved the challenge.
That’s exactly the level I based it off of. Definitely a controversial choice for me to base a level on, but I’m on the side that loves the challenge.

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Super Mario Country (3-4 Screen Added)

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Well unfortunately the poll only got 5 votes last time, so I hope I can grab more of you guys into this episode as more progress goes on.

But here's a 3-4 screen in the meantime:

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution

Postby Eri7 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:17 am

The Thwomp King wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:56 pm
Well unfortunately the poll only got 5 votes last time, so I hope I can grab more of you guys into this episode as more progress goes on.

Looks nice but I suggest you recolor the enemies to a brighter color like yellow because they blend way too much with everything else and this can prove to be difficult to see for the player.

Keroro04
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Keroro04 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:38 am

Hey, so are the the Zingers unique Lunalua code enemies? Cause I don't really think there's much like that which could replicate a Zinger in base Beta 4.

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!

Postby WerewolfGD » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:58 pm

Wew I didn't know that this project still on going. As a former project member, good luck finishing this! I'm sorry I had to drop out from this project silently before telling you before.
Glad to see my old level screenshots still being there hehe ;3;
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:06 am

I voted. Keep up the good work.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby The Thwomp King » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:46 am

Eri7 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:17 am
The Thwomp King wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Looks nice but I suggest you recolor the enemies to a brighter color like yellow because they blend way too much with everything else and this can prove to be difficult to see for the player.
Appreciate the feedback! Yeah I had a slight feeling everything blended. Preferably I want to keep the Rockkroc's color similar to their appearance in DKC, so I might switch the background color instead, though that could ruin the tone of the level if not done right. I'll play around with the visuals a bit more to see what works and what doesn't.
Keroro04 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:38 am
Hey, so are the the Zingers unique Lunalua code enemies? Cause I don't really think there's much like that which could replicate a Zinger in base Beta 4.
The ones in my episode currently are just replacements for various enemies right now (paragoombas, firebars, etc), but I am considering making the switch to making them independent NPCs though I'm personally not experienced in trying that right now.
WerewolfGD wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:58 pm
Wew I didn't know that this project still on going. As a former project member, good luck finishing this! I'm sorry I had to drop out from this project silently before telling you before.
Glad to see my old level screenshots still being there hehe ;3;
Hey it's been a hot minute! Yeah I finally decided this project was due to be worked on again, so I'm back in the forums again for a little while. You're always welcome to come back should you want to, just shoot me a message on discord and at the very least we'd love to have you on the server again. Hope everything else is going well for you though!
Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:06 am
I voted. Keep up the good work.
Thank you very much! The support is greatly appreciated!

Side note: I did remake the episode logo keeping faith to the fonts of the original trilogy. Hopefully you guys like it and are more than welcome to use that one or the ones made by WerewolfGD for support. Thank you all again.

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: bruh

Re: Super Mario Country

Postby Saltlord » Thu May 07, 2020 2:25 pm

Here's a screenshot of 4-8, the level I'm currently working on.

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Super Mario Country (3-3 Screen Added)

Postby The Thwomp King » Sat May 16, 2020 5:40 pm

3-3 Cimmerian Cavern

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby The Thwomp King » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:47 pm

2-6 Train Infiltration

Heavily inspired by Train-Car Trouble from Smbr. Hope you all like it.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:54 am

what is Train Car Trouble and Smbr? (quick Google search didn't answer it)
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:16 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:54 am
what is Train Car Trouble and Smbr? (quick Google search didn't answer it)
I did a search here on the forums and i found something called Super Mario - Bowser's Revenge. Could be that, idk. Seems pretty old though, like from before 2016.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:43 am

It's an old community episode. Super Mario Bros. Re-something. Revisited? Forgot the word there, but it was very hype in like 2013.

E: Revisited, yup. Here's a link to the level in question, by Chad. And wow, 2011 actually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9UlRlypqvI
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:54 pm

I voted. I like the pics. Good job.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Nadav
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Nadav » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:07 am

Can it fit to 1.3? And also is Sqwaks there?
Check out my episodes:

Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Robotic

Postby Idunn » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:25 am

Nadav wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:07 am
Can it fit to 1.3? And also is Sqwaks there?
It can but that would require him and the Team to remove everything they used from 2X which would be a bad idea looking at much is done by now.

That would be downgrading to a lesser version of Smbx that maybe not even about 50 people use anymore.
Things i support!
ImageImage

Return to “Projects”