Melko's Wacky Ideas!

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Melko
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: Cricket noises!

Melko's Wacky Ideas!

Postby Melko » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Scary Space!
Spoiler: show
Scary space, spooky~! Not very scary, but it sounds very nice! Camera shenanigans in space, intended for mario but I think most can beat it?
Thanks to MECHDRAGON777 for the video! <3

Download

Carrot Palace
A palace of carrots made with a modified version of Inferno_guy's NSMB2 powerup world tileset. Finally a good excuse to use the adorable bear-looking ennemies that Enjl made. I love them!
Thanks to MECHDRAGON777 for the video, once again.

Download

Last edited by Melko on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
How do I forum.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: Melko's Wacky Ideas!

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 pm

Difficulty 1MD
Honestly, the fact I went out of my way to do this coinless and do that trick jump at the beginning of the level shows how much I enjoyed this. This has my vote for LotM (Level of the Month) currently. For the record, I only played as Peach do get the first Star Coin coinless as well as to get past the transition screen without grabbing the coin. I would give this level a 1MD difficulty rating due to the camera shenanigans. If you play this casually without going for the star coins, then it would either be a 0.4MD to a 0.7MD depending on how well the camera messes with you. My 1MD was rated for coinless 100%. (All Power-up blocks and Star Coins)

Contest Design: 41/50 Creativity: 26/30 Visuals: 18/20 (85/100)
If I had to rate this level as if it was for a contest, I would have to give it around a 41 in design, 26 in creativity, and a 18 in visuals. (This comes to a 85/100 total.) I can not find any flaws in the level personally and it is just short enough to not need a checkpoint by a more average skill player base; though I feel like that transition room would be the perfect place to put the checkpoint if it was included. About the Star Coins, they are actually kind of fun. I enjoyed the multiple ways I could have gotten both of the first two and the third one is in a way I do not see often. I really love the use of the bill blasters as well. As for the visuals, I feel like you should have gone entirely black and white with the mushrooms and leafs. Even the player graphic would be nice. Thank you for the enjoyment of this level. It was not scary at all besides the music at first.
Last edited by MECHDRAGON777 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage

Inferno_Guy
Rex
Rex
Flair: Bandana Dee for SSBU DLC!

Postby Inferno_Guy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:56 pm

This level is pretty good, nice job!
Image Image

Join my Discord server (Project: Taco Stand) and join the Novaverse to follow the progress of my project: Mario and the Wrath of Dimentio!
The best projects I support:

Check out my custom levels!

Check out my projects!

Melko
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: Cricket noises!

Postby Melko » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:50 am

Breaking news, carrot obsessed bunny makes a level with them. Also finally found an excuse to use Enjl's adorable bear ennemies! Thanks to Inferno_guy for letting me make a carrot version of his tileset and Mechdragon for the video!

Download!

How do I forum.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:05 am

Melko wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:50 am
Breaking news, carrot obsessed bunny makes a level with them. Also finally found an excuse to use Enjl's adorable bear ennemies! Thanks to Inferno_guy for letting me make a carrot version of his tileset and Mechdragon for the video!

Download!

Okay, review time!

Difficulty 0.7MD
This level is honestly a wild ride due to the hops you used. You told me that they only jump when you jump while grounded which makes this easier. Seems like a flaw to me, but I did figure this out before you told me. The level's third star coin feels like it is closer to unfair side of difficulty with how Shy-Spikes work. I do not see how it is intended to be done blind by a player not playing as Peach. (I took the blind jump.) The difficulty comes from the set-ups with the bears most often.

Contest Design: 35/50 Creativity: 20/30 Visuals: 19/20 (82/100)
Okay, the level was a blast and fun to play. I actually enjoy the extra layer of challenge I can give to myself in your level as well, though some of the enemy placement does seem a bit hard at times. (Compared to the rest of the level before and after it.) Though to be fair, it was just for the star coin. The only real enemy placement issue I would have is the area bellow the first star coin with all of the radioactive carrots and there bunnies/bears. Besides the few difficulty spikes, it is an otherwise pleasant level. I believe this qualifies for a high B tier if I had to grade it.

ImageImageImage

Chilly14
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: wash your hands and stay at home

Postby Chilly14 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Melko wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:50 am

Download!

This is a nice level, and the first level to contain some of Enjl's cute enemies. Would be cool if you made palace levels for the rest of the NSMB2 powerup world tilesets.
Discord username: Chilly Bean BAM!#8857
For the love of god, please use an adblocker (I prefer uBlock Origin) when using MediaFire to download my stuff.
Check out my levels!
Chilly14's Graphics Pack
Chilly's NPCs
screenRotate.lua
venusFireTrapPlus.lua
I support:

DoraemonPepe
Banned
Flair: Being completely crazy.

Postby DoraemonPepe » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:42 am

Hey, you might forget about things:
  • Please just state what version that your level would run without problems. This would prevent version confusion mistakes and would also prevent peoples like me with older versions of SMBX will get this message when running your level:

Next time please remember don't forget this things soon once when you made another level! :D

Return to “Levels”