SMBX is now on Discord!

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: SMBX is now on Discord!

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Does the voice chat need a moderator?

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:26 pm

Joey wrote:Does the voice chat need a moderator?
Honestly, as much as it can be hilarious at times, I think it does need one or two moderators that would be willing to deal with things in the voice chat, like the mic spam we had at one point last night, because it can get annoying. The ability to kick or at least mute users is a good idea.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:01 pm

I think it was Ace (he can correct me if I'm wrong) that suggested it in vc for stuff like Danny said. It would be good to make them before there's a problem than after tbh.

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:41 pm

The way how Discord works by handling up with voicechats is that when your role permissions has been set up you can do like mute/deafen and unmute/undeafen members during the voicecall, move members to a different voice chat if there's any other voicechats avaiable at the same server. However, you can't kick someone out of the call. It has to be done with a so called AFK channel to do that where you're unable to speak over there and such.

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Right, you can't kick someone out of a call, but you can mute them and move them.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:59 pm

I personally think that muting people is useless; if someone wants to micspam and an individual wants to mute them, the individual can mute them him/herself. I mean, there's a difference between being abusive and being silly, and I think abusive language should be silenced, but playing sounds through a mic for example should not really be handled by a mod imo.

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:05 am

Joey wrote:Does the voice chat need a moderator?
Yes.
Voice chat moderator forum election when?

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Before more meme lords ask:

https://status.discordapp.com/

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:20 am

What changed your mind about Discord, Joey?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:53 am

The fact that it can be used on mobile devices as well as the fact that people were using it already. There probably wasn't much I could've done to increase activity on the IRC, and I knew that chat activity would increase once we switched to this.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Joey wrote:The fact that it can be used on mobile devices as well as the fact that people were using it already. There probably wasn't much I could've done to increase activity on the IRC, and I knew that chat activity would increase once we switched to this.
It's kind of ironic considering how IRC is integrated into the forum while Discord is an external site. I guess it can be attributed to the fact that, at least to me, Discord is easier to use when it comes to commands, joining servers, etc.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:37 pm

IRC isn't integrated into the forum, unless you meant the Chat page which is just an embedded webchat. I would embed Discord, too, but they don't allow it.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:52 pm

Joey wrote:IRC isn't integrated into the forum, unless you meant the Chat page which is just an embedded webchat. I would embed Discord, too, but they don't allow it.
Enable the widget and you can create an embed. It's under Server Settings.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:07 pm

I know, I meant an embedded chat for Discord rather than just a userlist.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:17 am

Honestly after the ageism, racism, and homophobia coming from Ragont I think we need voice moderators.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:30 am

If you expect me to do anything about misconduct in the voice chat, I'm going to need reports.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:06 am

So one time I went ahead and removed my avatar and changed my name to "bj007pro" as a joke to see if I would get banned, and now I'm actually banned on the discord channel lol.
She/Her

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:18 pm

Sanct wrote:So one time I went ahead and removed my avatar and changed my name to "bj007pro" as a joke to see if I would get banned, and now I'm actually banned on the discord channel lol.
Why would he be banned from discord? Aren't there banned users that are allowed onto the discord channel?

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:24 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
Sanct wrote:So one time I went ahead and removed my avatar and changed my name to "bj007pro" as a joke to see if I would get banned, and now I'm actually banned on the discord channel lol.
Why would he be banned from discord? Aren't there banned users that are allowed onto the discord channel?
Banned users aren't allowed onto the Discord channel, at least not to my knowledge. It follows the same rules as IRC.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:53 pm

Syndrilevosse wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:
Banned users aren't allowed onto the Discord channel, at least not to my knowledge. It follows the same rules as IRC.
I swear I saw MNIE52 on the discord text channel a while ago. Could be wrong, tho.

Return to “Events and Announcements”