SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Xirix
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Re: SMBX 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Xirix » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:37 pm

Damn, nice job guys, looking forward to proper maverick thwomps. :) Then the only thing left on my dream list will be diagonal projectile spawns.

andreepika11233
Spiny
Spiny

Postby andreepika11233 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Anyways, there are some custom api npcs made with lunalua before the ability to add npcs with without using lunalua was possible, like this and this.
Spoiler: show
"noot! noot!" - Pingu the penguin
I support.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:31 pm

andreepika11233 wrote:Anyways, there are some custom api npcs made with lunalua before the ability to add npcs with without using lunalua was possible, like this and this.
We're looking into adding these as as well as some other previously created enemies in the future. However, like snoruntpyro said, we ran out of npc slots for now.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

andreepika11233
Spiny
Spiny

Postby andreepika11233 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Enjl wrote:
andreepika11233 wrote:Anyways, there are some custom api npcs made with lunalua before the ability to add npcs with without using lunalua was possible, like this and this.
We're looking into adding these as as well as some other previously created enemies in the future. However, like snoruntpyro said, we ran out of npc slots for now.
How did it ran out? It is by the amount of npc slots in smbx 2.0?
But 38a made new npc slots for his npcs in smbx 1.4.2, if we could figure how to add new npc slots, then we will get it in.

By the way, smbx 2.0's editor should be improved to be a remake of smbx 1.3's like smbx 1.4.2 did, maybe as a substitute of pge editor.
I support.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:54 pm

The devs behind thid and especially LunaLua itself have been trying to expand the NPC array for a while now, however without the source code that'd be rather difficult.

Also, you can't really compare this to 1.4.2, after all that one was made from scratch as opposed to 2.0 which modifies 1.3.

Also, editing the editor wouldn't really be feasible since practically no research has been done on it and PGE is already really good so it's definitely not as important as actual features.
im a girl yo

Lyrin
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Lyrin » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:57 pm

andreepika11233 wrote: How did it ran out? It is by the amount of npc slots in smbx 2.0?
But 38a made new npc slots for his npcs in smbx 1.4.2, if we could figure how to add new npc slots, then we will get it in.

By the way, smbx 2.0's editor should be improved to be a remake of smbx 1.3's like smbx 1.4.2 did, maybe as a substitute of pge editor.
1.4.2 isn't a modification of 1.3, it's a completely new thing that breaks compatibility with 1.3's levels, and any levels made in it can't be used in 1.3 or 2.0, and it's not supported. And you can't edit the 1.3 editor without the smbx source code which only redigit has.
I frequent IRC, so if I'm needed just go there!
[18:23:21] <Reflet> and image loaded
[18:23:24] <Reflet> is that...
[18:23:31] <Reflet> a uh
[18:23:35] <Reflet> sandwich?
[18:24:25] <Lyrin> what
[18:25:10] <Reflet> it looks like they're fucking a sandwich
[18:25:17] <Reflet> or a taco

snoruntpyro
Pokey
Pokey

Postby snoruntpyro » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:10 pm

andreepika11233 wrote:How did it ran out? It is by the amount of npc slots in smbx 2.0?
We're using the hidden, dummy NPC slots for these new npcs. Unfortunately there's only 8. Finding a way to add more slots is a top priority for the beta after this one.
no

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:55 pm

andreepika11233 wrote:So, let's make a vote to either we get npc reskins in the next update or not.
http://www.strawpoll.me/embed_1/10584108
The only reason NPC reskins exist as separate NPCs in the first place is (almost certainly) because they were added before custom graphics were implemented. Now that we have custom graphics and Lua there's really no good reason to add any more.

This is all looking extremely cool by the way, Horikawa. Thanks for being great.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:56 pm

What new NPCs use the eight slots? I know there's the 4 Horikawa showed, but I don't know about the rest.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:58 pm

^
I don't think they've been revealed yet (and possibly not created).
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:^
I don't think they've been revealed yet (and possibly not created).
When the time comes; I will be excited to see what new npcs to use!

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:29 pm

IDK about this, but we might also have Reflecting Podoboos and Chain Chomps, since both were mentioned on this thread (even if the original posts were deleted when the forum went down.)
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

andreepika11233
Spiny
Spiny

Postby andreepika11233 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:48 pm

I could hope there will be a yoshi's island Arrow Lift and even the wizard from smw, because they are experimental.
I support.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:51 pm

andreepika11233 wrote:I could hope there will be a yoshi's island Arrow Lift and even the wizard from smw, because they are experimental.
Isn't an Arrow Lift in YI the same thing as a Springboard? And if you mean a Magikoopa when you said "wizard", someone already made that in LunaLua

snoruntpyro
Pokey
Pokey

Postby snoruntpyro » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:30 pm

I think by arrow lift he means that weird thing that spins around and travels in the direction it's facing when you land on it.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:30 pm

My dad, John Nintendo, President of Nintendo said that the final release will have YI arrow lifts AND new enemies from Splatoon. Reggie even said on his YouTube that the release is going to make you "splat" your brains all over the wall.

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Chat Username: SetaYoshi

Postby Yoshi021 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:00 pm

But I thought that 2.0 was using PGE, in which you can add any slots easily by making a configuration pack? You could add everything that has been done in 2.0 into SMBXpanded and use that configuration for PGE. That way you will never run out of slots.
"Going to University is FUN!"
DOWNLOAD THE SMBX LEVEL PLAYER
CHECK OUT MY NPC PACK

Join the SMBX Episode Project Discord Server

Join the SMBX 38A Discord!

Join the CodeHaus Discord!

4matsy
Rex
Rex

Postby 4matsy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Thing is, SMBX's engine can't read PGE's config packs, which means we'd be stuck relying on PGE's engine - which isn't done yet.

And now the problem with that idea reveals itself - we'd have to finish scripting all the enemies that aren't done in PGE, as well as the new ones planned for 2.0. D: Much more work than what is currently happening.
:D

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Country

Postby The Thwomp King » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:22 pm

I must ask, is anyone working on making Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and/or Dixie Kong characters for SMBX 2? XP

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:59 am

PixelPest wrote:
andreepika11233 wrote:I could hope there will be a yoshi's island Arrow Lift and even the wizard from smw, because they are experimental.
Isn't an Arrow Lift in YI the same thing as a Springboard? And if you mean a Magikoopa when you said "wizard", someone already made that in LunaLua
Yes, but it's rubbish. My next update will show off Magikoopa and Angry Sun (as well as two other new NPCs by S1eth), but sadly I had to rewrite both of those from scratch. And neither will replace an existing NPC like the current implementations sadly do.
The Thwomp King wrote:I must ask, is anyone working on making Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and/or Dixie Kong characters for SMBX 2? XP
In general, I'm discouraging people from developing new characters for inclusion in 2.0. Some people have come to me with really neat, fully working characters (like Hoeloe's Klonoa) and I've accepted them because it basically cost me no work to do so, but currently no one on the team is working on new characters.

I am planning to do Sonic someday for like 2.1. But that's a way's off. The focus will shift after the next beta release to working on NPCs. Hopefully getting 2.0 to potentially even surpass 1.4.x's NPC count.

Return to “Events and Announcements”