M16: The Best of Both Worlds - POSTGAME

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

M16: The Best of Both Worlds - POSTGAME

Postby Pseudo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:37 pm

M16 - The Best of Both Worlds
Format: Cardflip - 20 players

The Mafia
Godfather: Mafia, cardflips green. (Ragont)
Consort: Can block one player's ability each night. (8bitmushroom)
Juror: Lynch vote counts as two. (Joey)
Thug: Can paint one player black each night, obscuring that player's role. Paintings last until the next night. (zlakergirl357)

The Town
Double Voter: Lynch vote counts as two. (Zeldamaster12)
Vigilante: Can kill one player each night. Loses this ability for one night if s/he kills an innocent. (BlimpFruit)
Sheriff: Can learn the color of one player each night. (Nickname)
Doctor: Can protect one player each night to prevent them from being night killed. Cannot self-protect. (Waddle Derp)
Prostitute: Can block one player's ability each night. (Frozen Boo)
Survivalist: Can protect self up to two times over the whole game during the night to prevent him/herself from being night killed. (Mivixion)
Townsperson (Nien)
Townsperson (TheLordKhon)
Townsperson (Karl Marx)
Townsperson (RudeGuy07)
Townsperson (GLD4)
Townsperson (The Wizard of Off)
Townsperson (PaperPlayerX)
Millwright: Cardflips orange. Thinks s/he's a regular townsperson. (Bloodedge)
Miller: Cardflips red. Thinks s/he's a regular townsperson. (Marina)

Serial Killer
Serial Killer: Can kill one player each night. (Choco)

- Win conditions are standard.
- Power usage is optional.
- Insta-lynches can happen.

Role PMs
Spoiler: show
Role PM wrote:You are the Godfather! You are the mysterious leader of the Mafia. You will conspire with your fellow Mafia members, <player>, <player>, and <player>, each night to kill one player. Additionally, you cardflip green unlike your allies.

Your goal is to eliminate the Serial Killer, and equal or outnumber the Town.
Role PM wrote:You are the Consort! You are the Godfather’s equally mysterious wife. You will conspire with your fellow Mafia members, <player>, <player>, and <player>, each night to kill one player. Additionally, you can distract one player each night and prevent that player’s ability from working.

Role PM wrote:You are the Juror! You are a corrupt juror who does the Mafia's bidding. You will conspire with your fellow Mafia members, <player>, <player>, and <player>, each night to kill one player. Additionally, your lynch vote during the day counts two times as much as the other players'.

Role PM wrote:You are the Thug! You are one of the Mafia's beefy enforcers. You will conspire with your fellow Mafia members, <player>, <player>, and <player>, each night to kill one player. Additionally, you can paint one player black each night, obscuring their cardflip color. Paintings last until the next night.

Role PM wrote:You are the Double Voter! You are a particularly charismatic townsperson. Your lynch votes during the day count two times as much as the other players'.

Your goal is to eliminate the Mafia and Serial Killer.
Role PM wrote:You are the Vigilante! You are the town's masked protector. You may choose to kill one player each night. If you kill a townsperson, however, you will lose this ability for one night.

Role PM wrote:You are the Sheriff! You are the only law enforcement officer in this small town. You may investigate one player each night and learn that player's color.

Role PM wrote:You are the Doctor! You are a well-trained emergency room physician. You may heal one player (not yourself - self-medication is dangerous) each night, preventing that player from being night killed. If you succeed, it will be publicly announced the next day.

Role PM wrote:You are the Prostitute! You are a street hooker. You may distract one player each night and prevent that player's ability from working.

Role PM wrote:You are the Survivalist! You are an insane conspiracy theorist who lives in an underground bunker. You may choose to go into lockdown during the night and prevent yourself from being night killed. However, you only have enough food to do this on two nights throughout the game.

Role PM wrote:You are a Townsperson! You're just a regular townsperson with no special abilities.

You may be the Millwright or Miller, but you can't say for sure.

Role PM wrote:You are the Serial Killer! You are a wacko who wants to go out on a killing spree. You may choose to kill one player each night.

Your goal is to be the last player standing.
Players
1. Mivixion: Survivalist
2. zlakergirl357: Thug
3. Nickname: Sheriff
4. Marina: Miller
5. Ragont: Godfather
6. Zeldamaster12: Double Voter
7. BlimpFruit: Vigilante
8. GLD4: Townsperson
9. Waddle Derp: Doctor
10. Nien: Townsperson
11. RudeGuy07: Townsperson
12. Choco: Serial Killer
13. 8bitmushroom: Consort
14. Joey: Juror
15. Frozen Boo: Prostitute
16. PaperPlayerX: Townsperson
17. Karl Marx: Townsperson
18. TheLordKhon: Townsperson
19. The Wizard of Off: Townsperson
20. Bloodedge: Millwright

Backups

Death Messages
Night 1
GMarinaX was walking down the street, minding her own business. Unfortunately, a sniper was hiding behind a fence and the sniper shot her in the head.
GMarinaX has died!

Nickname was staying up late playing Professor Layton when someone rose up behind him and hit his head with a brick.
Nickname has died!

Day 1
It's an INSTA-LYNCH!

The townspeople gathered in the town square. Bloodedge, who had always been seen as shifty, was accused by the townspeople of being part of the mafia, which the townspeople believed to be responsible for last night's deaths. They hanged him from the noose in the center of town.
Bloodedge has died!

Night 2
Karl Marx was reading his latest draft of his communist manifesto when he was attacked from behind with a knife.
Karl Marx has died!

Mivixion was taking a late night walk in the park when a masked assassin shot him in the stomach.
Mivixion has died!

Day 2
PaperPlayerX was dragged to the top of a building by the angry townspeople and was going to be pushed off. However, before they could push him, he jumped himself.
PaperPlayerX has died!

Night 3
Waddle Derp was sitting at home watching TV when someone popped out from behind it and threw his TV at him, killing him instantly.
Waddle Derp has died!

Joey thought it was safe to sleep in the comfort of his own home, but someone shot him in the back overnight.
Joey has died!

Day 3
zlakergirl357 was pulled into the town square by Zeldamaster12 and 8bitmushroom, while everyone else was hiding in their houses in fear of the mafia (seriously where was everyone during this phase?) They hanged him or something.
zlakergirl357 has died!

Night 4
GLD4 was getting ready for bed. He went into his bathroom to get his toothbrush. When he opened the cabinet, an armed assassin was waiting inside and he was shot.
GLD4 has died!

Nien was taking a late-night walk in the park when he fell into a hole covered with sticks and leaves. He was left there to rot.
Nien has died!

Day 4
8bit was ambushed as he was waking up by the angry townspeople, who beat him up and dragged him into the town square, where they hanged his already bloody body.
8bitmushroom has died!

Night 5
BlimpFruit was at his house eating some blimp fruits. In an ironic death, one of them had been poisoned by his enemies.
BlimpFruit has died!

Zeldamaster12 was walking home after having lynched 8bitmushroom. Unfortunately for him, a tripwire had been set in front of his door. He triggered it and an anvil fell on him, killing him instantly.
Zeldamaster12 has died!

Day 5
Frozen Boo told the people that RudeGuy07 was guilty, and that they should trust him on this. Well, no one disagreed.
RudeGuy07 has died!

Night 6
Frozen Boo had finally done it! He had discovered the true identity of the town's resident serial killer, Choco! Unfortunately, Choco knew that he knew. Choco rushed into Frozen Boo's house and stabbed him in the chest, killing him instantly...
only to be shot by a mysterious sniper who had followed him to the house.
Frozen Boo has died!
Choco has died!

Day 6
It's a KNIFE IN THE BOX! (and a bit of an anticlimax if you ask me)

Ragont, leader of the Mafia, shed a tear at the loss of his criminal empire. His enforcers, his politician shills, and even his own wife had been killed by the town. All the Mafia wanted was to bring order to the town (and money and power, of course). It was time to set right what had gone wrong. Ragont walked into the town square where TheLordKhon, one of the last townspeople left, was waiting for him. They rushed towards each otter and began to strangle each other. Ragont then noticed a box lying on the ground. He opened it, and there was a knife inside, which he stabbed TheLordKhon with.
TheLordKhon has died!
Inactivity Policy
While I do not implement a formal phantom system, you will be at significant risk for being replaced by a backup if you do not post or send me a PM for over 24 in-game hours (a night and day cycle). Please keep this in mind and be active.

Phases will shift at approximately 8:00 PM Pacific Standard Time each day, or earlier if all required actions are performed (all ability PMs received during the night, or an insta-lynch during the day).

It's a MAFIA victory! (Congratulations, Ragont!)

Player Analyses
Mivixion (Survivalist): Mivixion was a member of the blue alliance, and protected himself on Night 1 only. He was also active in the topic while he was alive, and served the town quite well (although people believed him to be the Godfather later). He started the (arguably justified) bandwagon on Bloodedge, however, costing the town a townie (though they didn't know it until later). He overall played well though and his actions were justified.

zlakergirl357 (Thug): While zlakergirl was not as active as her teammates 8bit and Joey, she did manage to avoid suspicion and work with Joey's plans quite well. Though not particularly active during the first few phases, she definitely contributed in the mafia's group PMs while she was alive. Unfortunately, she had to be sacrificed by her own team to avoid suspicion, and did not post much in the topic overall.

Nickname (Sheriff): Nickname was active on Night 1, but unfortunately didn't get to do sheriffy things due to being killed by the mafia on the same night.

Marina (Miller): Made a few posts on Night 1, but also died then. Active enough.

Ragont (Godfather): Stayed extremely inactive, even in the group PMs, until the late-game. Still, it seemed to work fine for him. But you should still post once in a while, I think.

Zeldamaster12 (Double Voter): Probably the most important townie during this game, his actions almost led the town to victory, although he also gave Joey the information he needed for the mafia to win. He played well for the most part though, and suspected the right people aside from Joey, lynching off both zlakergirl and 8bit.

BlimpFruit (Vigilante): Killed a couple of townies under Joey's instruction, causing a somewhat detrimental effect on the town. He did participate in important lynches for the town, however.

GLD4 (Townsperson): Didn't post in the thread much, not a lot I can say.

Waddle Derp (Doctor): Was a pretty good townie and alliance member, although he didn't save anyone as the Doctor. His saves were logical though, and he targeted players who were likely to be killed, such as Zeldamaster on Nights 1 & 2 and (unfortunately, though he was believed to be a townie at the time) Joey on Night 3.

Nien (Townsperson): Contributed to the thread a lot. A pretty logical and active player.

RudeGuy07 (Townsperson): Same as Nien. Not a lot I can say in particular, but he posted in the thread a fair amount and participated in lynches.

Choco (Serial Killer): The sneaky serial killer who managed to avoid suspicion for the majority of the game. Played his role quite well, such as not killing anyone the night after Bloodedge died in order to make Bloodedge look like a dead serial killer, and he was active in the thread in pro-town and non-suspicious ways. He was eventually offed by the mafia, however, but there wasn't much he could've done about that.

8bitmushroom (Consort): The second most important mafia member, probably. Even after Joey was killed, he was trusted by the blue alliance (or at least Zeldamaster) and he used this to great effect. He also used his roleblocks somewhat effectively, blocking the doctor and serial killer's abilities on different nights during the game, and was active in the mafia's group PMs.

Joey (Juror): Definitely this game's MVP, without a doubt. He essentially had the whole game mapped out from Night 1, although things didn't go exactly as he thought they would, especially after he died. Without tricking the alliance as he did, however, it's much less likely that the mafia would have won as it did. Very impressive plays, Joey.

Frozen Boo (Prostitute): A very valuable blue, at least in the late game. I don't think he was a member of the blue alliance, which is probably the reason for his longevity. He was very effective with his roleblocks in the late game, and didn't disable his allies (though he did harmlessly target townies) at all. He would have led the town to victory with better RNG.

PaperPlayerX (Townsperson): Acted suspiciously on Day 2 and this led him to rage quit (and get lynched off). He was a fairly effective and active player before this, however.

Karl Marx (Townsperson): Another townie who died fairly early on. He contributed and was active while he was alive; again, there's not a lot I can say.

TheLordKhon (Townsperson): Not particularly active until the very late game, though he did fortunately cast a lynch vote towards Ragont, meaning that the town wasn't completely helpless. Post more in the future, though!

The Wizard of Off (Townsperson): His inactivity led to the town's defeat. Please be active if you sign up for a game!

Bloodedge (Millwright): Bloodedge's famous suspiciousness even as a townsperson was not alleviated by being the Millwright, to say the least. I'm afraid I can't blame the town for lynching you, buddy; I probably would've done the same. There was an element of bias towards those who were alliance members, I admit.
And thanks to everyone, for playing and participating!
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Re: M16: The Best of Both Worlds - POSTGAME

Postby FallingSnow » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:50 pm

Each otter.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:56 pm

MY HUSBAND MANAGED TO CARRY US TO VICTORY.

Great game, guys! That ending had to be one of the best in the years I've played Mafia.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:58 pm

GET FUCKED KHON

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:58 pm

HOW COME THE TOWN DIDNT FUCKING WIN BY RNG WHAT THE FUCK

oh well hard life afk strat almost worked

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Nien wrote:HOW COME THE TOWN DIDNT FUCKING WIN BY RNG WHAT THE FUCK

oh well hard life afk strat almost worked
huh
i used the afk strat
and won
like literally the only pm i made to the mafia consisted of "im participating ez"

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:02 am

^
can confirm, I was included in the mafia's group PMs.

Joey had the whole game planned out from Night 1, although it didn't really go according to plan after he died. Very impressive plays by the mafia, though.

(and don't worry, I didn't reply to or aid them in any way)
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:07 am

Joey got into the alliance and got all the blue's roles. 8bit tried to manipulate me, but I saw through his deception. Seriously though, I can't believe that we lost JUST BECAUSE OF ONE INACTIVE PLAYER. I am honestly mindblown, we were so close. The alliance actually worked out a lot better than I thought it would, though. Joey's probably thinking the same way. Still though, even though the Mafia won, this was probably the best Mafia game I've ever played by a longshot. I actually lived a lot longer than I thought I would, even when I roleclaimed. Mafia should have killed me long before they did, I had pretty much figured out Choco and Ragont by the time I died. I thought Choco was innocent, but I quickly changed viewpoints upon death.

Sersiously though, if you're going to sign up, then BE ACTIVE. The Wizard of Off was literally the prime reason why the Town lost. Still though, good game, I really had fun with this one!

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:35 am

Uh for some reason Joey said he was the Godfather which is why he would create the alliance, when he really wasn't.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:44 am

Joey created the alliance idea. I gathered all the blues into the alliance. I honestly don't know how Nickname was figured out by Night 1. Either that or it was a lucky kill. Regardless, it was a kick in the nuts for the Town. Nickname could have been a huge help to the Town.

Anyways, I shouldn't have revealed the blues to Joey. It was an awful mistake from me, but I guess I just put too much trust towards Joey. He claimed Townie to me, but with Nickname dead, there was no way to confirm it, but I was still an idiot and gave Joey all the blues' identities despite of that. Well played, Joey.

As for 8bit, even though he was Mafia, I still got him to assist me in a lynch against a Mafioso, I guess that's a plus. Still, when BlimpFruit told me that Nien was innocent, I knew that 8bit was using me. You almost tricked me 8bit, but not quite. =P

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:11 am

I even told you I thought it was a bad idea to join the alliance (I did, though).
Good game everyone.

Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Getting a college degree

Postby Karl Marx » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:42 am

Good game fellas, was a pleasure as always.

I always tend to be skeptical of alliances, they seem to work like a mob, lynching whoever isn't in the alliance because they might be "suspicious"

Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: When's Mafia
Current Project: "nothing"
Chat Username: Nanaya Jacob

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:53 am

Ok, so i told you not to make the alliance, i told ypu to look out for people in the alliance, i told you i was a some sort of townie, and i told you that we could lose due to the alliance. Like, what the duck... we also lost due to lack of activity... seriously, we might try to do better... but overall, the game was good, even though i died on day one... DAY ONE!!! Still good game, to the only remaining player, who used a strategy that has never benn used before, (or it was and i did not know about it). See you all next game.
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:19 am

HOLY FUCK CAN I NOT DIE ON NIGHT 1
im a girl yo

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:17 am

It wasn't the alliance that made us lose. If anything, the alliance worked out a lot better than expected. If The Wizard of Off would've voted for Ragont, we would have won.

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: they/them/don't refer to me
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:25 am

lmao this town was predestined to lose from day one... literally

Town: Nah Marina can't be miller the miller never dies on first night she has to be mafia she even has a knife I bet she stabbed someone with it!!!!

Me:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:29 am

It's my fault that we lost :(
I go by She/Her for everyone.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:04 am

There were so much inactivity that i kinda expected the mafia would win

Also, I don't understand why I couldn't defend myself when I died (and why later that person who lynched me thought I was the godfather :roll: ).
im bored

TheLordKhon
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TheLordKhon » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:07 am

rngesus pls

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:14 am