Game Concept Thread

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Game Concept Thread

Postby Danny » Mon May 01, 2017 6:13 am

M41+: Big Trouble in Little Mafia Town v2
18 players
Roleflip

None of the Mafia members know each other, so they must rely on their inspection ability to find their teammates.

-MAFIA-
Gunslinger: Each night, can attempt to kill a target. Can inspect a player each night, learning their color.
Mafioso: Can inspect a player each night, learning their color. If the Gunslinger dies, they find the gun and become the Gunslinger.
Mafioso
Mafioso
Mafioso

-TOWN-
Sheriff: Can inspect a player each night, learning their color.
Doctor: Can protect a player each night, preventing them from being killed.
Vigilante: Each night, can attempt to kill a target. If they kills an innocent, they are silenced during the day.
Graduate: When the Sheriff, Doctor, or Vigilante dies, it becomes that role.
Politician: Votes count as double.
Townie: A regular townie.
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Troublemaker: Doesn't know that they're the Troublemaker.
Troublemaker

-Clarification-
-When the Gunslinger dies and the other Mafioso are still alive, it is randomly determined which Mafioso will become the Gunslinger.
-If two of the three special roles die at the same time and the Graduate is still alive, the Graduate gets to choose which role they wish to become.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Mon May 01, 2017 9:47 am

Ace wrote:I like MosaicMario's game because it's a me game
But your not a mafia player? What was the point of this?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Ace

Postby Ace » Tue May 02, 2017 1:47 pm

MosaicMario wrote:
you shouldn't scare away potential new Mafia players like that

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue May 02, 2017 1:51 pm

MosaicMario wrote:
He will start playing when you host this.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?

Postby Mosaic » Tue May 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Ace wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:
you shouldn't scare away potential new Mafia players like that
I'm not even trying to scare you...

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Tue May 02, 2017 5:50 pm

I heard that Ace likes spectating mafia games, so I don't know

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Tue May 02, 2017 6:16 pm

I'd like to ask this now, of these 4 games:

The Slime One
Ace Attorney One
Sea Creature One
And Subcon One, Which do you think i should post for the M40 signups that has the best chance of
winning? Btw, I may end up not even posting the Subcon one again for a bit.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Tue May 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Slime or Subcon.
Also does anyone have feedback on my game?

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Tue May 02, 2017 7:30 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:Well, I wanna test out a new gimmick I thought about. However, I feel that this game still needs some rebalancing changes:
M??: Undead chaos
The Necromancer and the Undead
This team will begin with only the necromancer, and wins by outnumbering or equalling the town. This team has one kill each night
Necromancer: Controls the undead. Every night, he can kill someone. If the necromancer has converted less than four people, he may then choose to turn the victim into a Zombie, Dark Spirit, Skeleton Warrior, or Ghoul. The necromancer's team may not have more than one of the same undead(2 Zombies are not allowed for example). Cannot be nightkilled until three people have been converted, although he can be lynched. Also cannot target himself.
Zombie: If the zombie is nightkilled or lynched, it will kill the person that killed him(Nightkill) or the last person that voted for him.
Dark Spirit: Can stalk a player each night and eavesdrop on this person's PMs. Immune to nightkills.
Skeleton Warrior: A skeleton with an axe that can knock out any player each night. A knocked out player cannot speak the next day.
Ghoul: May scare a player each night, roleblocking this player and making him paranoid, where they will refuse to cooperate with anyone, making abilities from the town not have any effect for one day.
The Town
Wins by completely destroying the mafia
Priest: May protect a player from nightkills, mafia abilities, and from becoming undead each night. Cannot become undead, but isn't immune to nightkills.
Doctor: Can protect a player each night, making him immune to nightkills, but cannot save the player if he would become an undead.
Cop: Has a kill each night. If he kills an innocent, he will lose his ability for one night.
Detective: Can interview a player each night, revealing his color.
Burocratic Doctor: Twice per game, can make all the killed players roleflip in the phase the ability is used
Town Crier: Can post a message to the town at the beginning of each day phase. The message cannot fake deaths, and it cannot contain more than 250 characters
Townie: Normal townie
Townie:
Townie:
Townie:
Townie:
Townie:
Townie:
Light spirit: Cannot be nightkilled, and cannot become an undead, since he is already one. Due to being a ghost, people don't trust him, so he will cardflip red
Dark Magic Student: Due to being a student of dark magic, he is highly suspected by many people, so he will cardflip purple, the same color as the necromancer.
Mayor: Immune to nightkills as long as the bodyguard is still alive. In contact with the bodyguard.
Bodyguard: If there is a nightkill attempt on the mayor, the bodyguard dies in his place. In contact with the mayor.
Well, as i said before, the idea is pretty interesting, and i wouldn't mind trying it out at some point.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Wed May 03, 2017 6:10 pm

MosaicMario wrote: M??: Slicky Slimes

19 Players
Roleflip
New “Merging” Mechanic
Role Usage is Optional
Everyone can visit

So there was, like one time a slime village, it was peaceful most of time, but then one day, serveal other slimes decided that they want to take the village for themselves, the like, umm, village has to like, find them one by one before they all become nothing but slimy substance on the ground. Oh yeah, and sludge monster or something decides that it should all be ended.

The Bad Slimes

The Big Bad Slime: if someone merges with them, the other's identity will be blacked out if they get lynched in this time period, however, while merged, they can't be nightkilled.
Prickly Slime: They can’t be merged with as they are prickly all over and anyone that visits them will instead be silenced the next day phase.
Magic Slime: If two slimes happen to be merged they can target someone to either undo it or merge them with another. or they can force two slimes to merge together.
Gray n’ Sneaky Slime: They can find out someone’s color each night

The Slime Village
Inspector Slime: They can find someone’s color each night
Chilling Slime: They can use their ability on someone to prevent them from being merged that night.
Protective Slime: Can protect someone from a nightkill but regardless they’ll end up merging with them aside from the Prickly Slime, Firey Slime, and Sludge Monster.
Firey Slime: they can’t merge with other slimes with the exception of the aqua slime, which if they do merge with them, at that point they'll now be able to merge with other slimes.
Aqua Slime: If they merge with the firey slime, it'll allow the firey slime to merge with other ones. and in return, they can disable an ability every other night.
Psychic Slime: If they are visted, then that player's lynch votes will count as two.
Green Slime: Townie
Blue Slime: Townie
Pink Slime: Townie
Orange Slime: Townie
Teal Slime: Townie
White Slime: Townie
Red Slime: Since they are red, they are suspected, so they flip as red.
Purple Slime: Same problem as the red slime, so they flip purple.

Independent
Sludge Monster:
They can kill a player each night, and they'll gain that player's ability and are able to gain up to 3 abilities. They also can't die at night nor can they merge either.
If they manage to get both the inspector slime and gray n sneaky
slime's abilities, they'll get a roleflip ability. which'll take up two ability slots. They can use one of the abilities they obtain along with their regular nightkill.

Merging Mecanic
Spoiler: show
Basically, the way that this mechanic works is that if two people(or slimes in this cause) both happen to visit eachother, then for one day and night phase, each thing that they do will tie together, meaning that if one were killed in this time period, the other would die too, if one has an ability used on them, so would the other, if one casts a vote, their vote counts for the same, the way this is determine is who voted last, so whenever you merge, regardless of if they are on your side or not, you’ll have to decide things together until this period of time ends. You do get notified of this happening.
The Sludge Monster can get abilities from:
Prickly Slime(Silencing)
Magic Slime(Merging Magic)
Gray N Sneaky Slime(Inspection)
Inspector Slime(Inspection)
Chilling Slime(Anti-Merging Magic)
Protective Slime(Paint someone black twice but painting wears off)
Fiery Slime(Burn the Lynch votes once in the Game)
Aqua Slime(Ability Blocking)
I ask alot, but i'm requesting feedback on this game.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Doesntpostverymuch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: Resting
Chat Username: Doesntpostverymuch

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Sat May 06, 2017 9:52 am

UPADTED VERSION:
M____ Virus Alert

Computer Viruses (collectively get 1 kill,wins by elminating Biological viruses)

ILOVEYOU An email based virus that is so common that it is immune to nightkills
Zeus A trojan virus, appears to be a normal file when Inspected
Conficker Its name comes from the English word, configure and a German pejorative, it`s a malware virus, so it can cause ads to pop up and prevent a player from using their ability
CIH The Chernobyl virus (also known as CIH) triggers on April 26th each year, the anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. It overwrites a chip inside a PC effectively paralysing the entire computer, In game it just makes players unable to vote the next day

Biological Viruses (wins by elminating computer viruses)

White Blood Cell It can kill one player each night,ironically looses it's abilty for a day if it kills a biological virus
Red Blood Cell Can protect a player each night
Immune System Can infect (it's a pun, don't panic) a player to learn their colour
Sensitive Immune System Can inspect a player each night, but red and green colours are flipped, thinks they're immune system
Supervirus Simply a virus that is resistant to cures, immune to nightkills
Cas9 A CRISPR thingy,can see who has visited a player
Common Cold There are 200 different strains of cold, Which is why it's the equalvent of a townie
Common Cold
Common Cold
Common Cold
Common Cold
Common Cold
Common Cold
Flu A very fast evovling virus, so fast infact that it's managed to infect computers too and appears as red when inspected, doesn't know they are the flu

Mechanics

Cardflip - There is no roleflip here

Corruption - Viruses may choose to recruit (or corrupt if you prefer) a player into joining their team during the night, They do not get two kills if they recruit a killing role, and they can only recruit one person,ever.

(rolepms, and minature fridges not included)
i'm not very good at level design, please be specfic and tolerant of my ingorance.
Spinda wrote:by honestly I mean honestly
Try to guess what this next one means out of context
Supershroom wrote:Yeah, let's not please push on it this hard and then we'll get it hopefully.
TLtimelord wrote:"Cunt" was a bit aggressive, my bad
thehelmetguy1 wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:People may as well stop submitting since this game's going to win either way.
I made the next one by accident
PixelPest wrote:Have you actually looked at how long
Witchking666 wrote:Ooh werewolves!
Approved!
I am highly autistic and get into misunderstandings easily. I also have ADHD.

What are you doing still looking at my post? scroll down to the next one!

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Sat May 06, 2017 9:56 am

Too be honest, i feel like this game doesn't really offer anything new or that interesting. The corruptin is basically just the same as a recruitment mechanic.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat May 06, 2017 10:03 am

And biological viruses with computer viruses does not make sense. And I am pretty sure normal files (or Trojan horses) and common cold would be distinguishable from each other in real life. The plot of the game ultimate makes zero sense.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Tue May 09, 2017 11:04 pm

So i decided to spice this game up a bit and am requesting feedback on it.

Bowser’s Mafia Attacks the Mushroom Kingdom
Cardflip
20 Players
Role Use is Optional
5 Mafia, 13 Town, 2 TP

There’s trouble in the Mushroom Kingdom, after all of bowser’s failed attempts to take over the mushroom kingdom, he came up with a new plan, a plan that involved the idea of a mafia. So he decided to gather some of his troops and form a mafia to take over the mushroom kingdom, Mario and luigi were informed of this by a toad that overheard their plan from afar, they were also informed that the mafia that bowser created are masters of disguise so they have to try to be careful if they want to take down bowser’s mafia. The kongs also found out about this and ended up being involved as well, but are working on a different plan. so with that, Mario and Luigi and a few of the others get ready to take down Bowser’s mafia and save the Mushroom Kingdom once again.

Bowser's Mafia

Bowser:He’s the one who’s leading his Mafia, lynch votes count as 2, he’s immune to night kills, and can paint someone black or inspect someone each night. Due to having so many sneaky tatics, he flips a color that nobody else does. Discusses with his mafia who to kill.(Painting only affects the player the following day phase, but they'll still show their original color if inspected, and painting will wear off at the end of the day phase.)
Bowser Jr.:He can block one player’s ability each night, and if bowser dies, his lynch votes count as 2. Discusses with the other mafia who to kill.
Potion Bro: This hammer bro learned to use throwing potions and how to brew them, and therefore is able to paint a player green, red, blue, or orange, each night but can only use each color once. Discusses with the other mafia who to kill.(Painting only affects the player the following day phase, but they'll still show their original color if inspected, and painting will wear off at the end of the day phase.)
Bob-Omb: Can target another player on a night by blowing themselves up killing their target, anyone that visited them that night, and themselves as well.
Koopatrol:can ram someone with the spike on his head each night, injuring them, causing them to not be able to speak the next day phase. Discusses with the other mafia who to kill.

The Mushroom Town
Mario: he can find out the color of someone, can safeguard a player from abilities but can only select each person once, or reveal himself to a player each night.
Luigi: Can convince one person of their choice to change their vote to someone else of their choice, overwriting their vote. If Mario dies, lynch votes count as two and color will become pink.
Peach: Can give a player a starman each night, protecting them from a single nightkill. Starts with one starman themselves.
Shopkeeper Toad: Can give someone a Hammer each night
Waluigi: Can annoy someone each night, preventing them from using their ability that night.
Yoshi: Is in contact with Birdo.
Birdo: Is in contact with Yoshi, due to the others still being somewhat unsure of her, she flips as orange, will survive one nightkill.
Wario: He usually isn’t viewed as trustworthy so he flips as red, knows he’s Wario.
Toad: No special abilities, participants in daily lynching
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad

The Kongs
Donkey Kong: Can bash someone over the head with his fists each night, killing them. He's also immune to night kills. Knows who Diddy is.
Diddy Kong: Can distract someone each night, distracting them too much to use their ability. Knows who Dk is. If DK dies, lynch votes count as two.

Items
Starman
Protects you from a single nightkill

Hammer
Can be thrown at another player, killing them
WIN CONDITIONS:
Bowser’s Mafia: Have at least Mario dead and outnumber the town, and the Kongs
The Mushroom Town: Take down all of Bowser’s Mafia and The Kongs
The Kongs: Be the last team remaining

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Sun May 14, 2017 2:40 am

And The ideas don't stop coming:

Here's another idea, it's pretty basic:

M??: Arthoropod Mayhem

18 Players
Role Usage is Mandatory with the expection of the Ladybug, Grasshopper, Hornet, And Bee
Lynching is Optional

Invasive Bugs

Ferocious Mantis: has night kill immunity and can either:
- roleblock someone
- Inspect someone
Stag Beetle: Can maul another player each night, painting them black the next day and night phase.
Wasp: Can silence a player and overwrite their vote at the same time, counting that vote as two.
Ladybug: No one expects them to be bad, so they flip green, can once in the game protect themselves from any nightkill, but they'll lose their green cardflip and flip as red instead.

The Insect Colony

Rhinoceros Beetle: Can choose between several actions each night:
- Can learn someone’s color
- Can roleblock someone
- Watch a player to learn who they were visited by.
Hornet: Can sting someone continuously, killing them, killing someone innocent will cause them to lose their ability for a night and flip red the next day phase.
Bee: If the Hornet dies, they take their place and color becomes blue.
Stinkbug: Can block a player’s vote each night to prevent them from voting the following day.
Moth: Can protect someone from a nightkill each night.
Grasshopper: Can once in the game allow someone to use their ability twice in one night.
Beetle: Lynch votes count for two.
Water Spider: If they visit someone a night they were painted black, they’ll be cleaned.
Soilder Ant: Is immune to nightkills, doesn't know their a soilder ant.
Ant: Regular Townie/Bug
Ant
Ant
Ant

Fly: It means no harm, but everybody hates it, so it flips as red. Doesn't know their the fly.

Win Conditions
Invasive Bugs: Normal Mafia Win Conditions
The Insect Colony: Normal Town Win Conditions
don't judge, my brain comes up with many ideas
Last edited by Mosaic on Mon May 15, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon May 15, 2017 5:49 am

MosaicMario wrote:M??: Arthoropod Mayhem
Despite being opposed to 14 townies, the mafia looks rather OP. As long as the Ferocious Mantis is alive, they have two kills every night. The Mantis should be not NK-immune so the Hornet has one more target available. And additionally, the mafia has a silencing role, and the doctor also silences his target - this not only leaves two silencings but it also makes it impossible for the doctor to protect talkative players so the mafia will kill them off one by one. The doctor's nerfing needs to be removed.

also make your sig shorter, pls
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Mon May 15, 2017 10:13 am

Cedur wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:M??: Arthoropod Mayhem
Despite being opposed to 14 townies, the mafia looks rather OP. As long as the Ferocious Mantis is alive, they have two kills every night. The Mantis should be not NK-immune so the Hornet has one more target available. And additionally, the mafia has a silencing role, and the doctor also silences his target - this not only leaves two silencings but it also makes it impossible for the doctor to protect talkative players so the mafia will kill them off one by one. The doctor's nerfing needs to be removed.
I don't see too much of a problem of two kills each night as there isn't a TP, i removed the nightkill immunity in this scenario because of that. I removed
the silencing from the moth as well, how is it now?
Cedur wrote:also make your sig shorter, pls
K

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon May 15, 2017 10:52 am

The key difference between 2 mafia kills and mafia+SK kill is still that the SK will also kill mafia members every now and then (see M39. :P)

If you have 2 mafia kills, you need some quite strong blue abilities in return. It looks better now; I'd also suggest adding an NK-immune townie like in ZM's game (flipping green and not knowing that they're enhanced).
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Mon May 15, 2017 11:27 am

Also TP won't always have the same intel as Mafia members so having two kills could really cause problems

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Mon May 15, 2017 6:22 pm

PixelPest wrote:Also TP won't always have the same intel as Mafia members so having two kills could really cause problems
Cedur wrote:The key difference between 2 mafia kills and mafia+SK kill is still that the SK will also kill mafia members every now and then (see M39. :P)

If you have 2 mafia kills, you need some quite strong blue abilities in return. It looks better now; I'd also suggest adding an NK-immune townie like in ZM's game (flipping green and not knowing that they're enhanced).
I put a cooldown on the killing ability in that scenario, how's it now?
EDIT:
Btw you two, how's the remake of my Mario themed mafia game?

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Return to “Mafia”