Mafia Discussion

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Mafia Discussion

Postby Danny » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:18 am

I'd totally be interested in that since it sounds cool and something fresh, but I'm not sure if I'd have the time or dedication to fully participate in something like that. I'd love to watch a game like that though, that would be an interesting play out.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Syndrilevosse wrote:I'd totally be interested in that since it sounds cool and something fresh, but I'm not sure if I'd have the time or dedication to fully participate in something like that. I'd love to watch a game like that though, that would be an interesting play out.
Same.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:03 am

I feel like pseudo-dino is a bit to lenient as a game master honestly, he greenlights some games that have pretty glaring balancing issues
I go by She/Her for everyone.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:16 am

Can you provide some examples of that?

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:18 am

Yeah I'd like to hear that too. If I can improve I'd like to know how.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Sancles-Chan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:31 am

1: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 82#p233627
This game was very vague about it's "gimmicks" and also tried allowing screenshot (which is really kind of stupid). Also could've noted certain things that are very unnecessary (Like expecting players to use female pronouns for everybody which would most likely make everyone very uncomfortable, Now it's not as bad because it's not "forced" per se)

2: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 59#p229420
This game had a horribly unbalanced mafia and third party where the town was horrendously underpowered (Partially by the fact that the doctor had a delay on him which would give the mafia the ability to kill a blue after they announced they're blue because the doctor wouldn't be able to save them in time.) And not to mention that there's a role that could come back to life and 2 millers that actually help the mafia but count as town.

3: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 59#p229436
Do I even need to say anything this one is a mess of unbalanced roles I have no clue how it ended up being approved multiple times before this

4: I know I made a bad mafia game somewhere with a really glaring issue at one point and I'm looking for it right now, I'll edit the post when I find it because it's taking a while

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Sanct wrote:1: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 82#p233627
This game was very vague about it's "gimmicks" and also tried allowing screenshot (which is really kind of stupid). Also could've noted certain things that are very unnecessary (Like expecting players to use female pronouns for everybody which would most likely make everyone very uncomfortable, Now it's not as bad because it's not "forced" per se)

2: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 59#p229420
This game had a horribly unbalanced mafia and third party where the town was horrendously underpowered (Partially by the fact that the doctor had a delay on him which would give the mafia the ability to kill a blue after they announced they're blue because the doctor wouldn't be able to save them in time.) And not to mention that there's a role that could come back to life and 2 millers that actually help the mafia but count as town.

3: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 59#p229436
Do I even need to say anything this one is a mess of unbalanced roles I have no clue how it ended up being approved multiple times before this

4: I know I made a bad mafia game somewhere with a really glaring issue at one point and I'm looking for it right now, I'll edit the post when I find it because it's taking a while
So basically my games?

ImageImageImage

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:05 pm

I partially agree to the part of approving Mechdragon's Touhou games where they're overly complicated indeed, but seriously, what's the problem with the Dragonball game (which Spinda approved as well)? The ratio between Mafia, TP and Town was just fine.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Sancles-Chan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Supershroom wrote:I partially agree to the part of approving Mechdragon's Touhou games where they're overly complicated indeed, but seriously, what's the problem with the Dragonball game (which Spinda approved as well)? The ratio between Mafia, TP and Town was just fine.
The ratio is fine, but the roles are unbalanced

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:58 pm

I probably shouldn't have approved Mech's Touhou games and I apologize for that. I may need to be more discerning in the future.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:09 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:I probably shouldn't have approved Mech's Touhou games and I apologize for that. I may need to be more discerning in the future.
What is wrong with my new one.

ImageImageImage

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:19 pm

^
Nothing, I was just referring to the ones that Sanct linked.

- a spam account, 2016

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:10 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:^
Nothing, I was just referring to the ones that Sanct linked.
That mystery game he linked is the same one I tried to host last time. Those are my only two games. Can I ask you something? Is it better to have A Sherrif like Mafia to be Green or Orange?

ImageImageImage

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Danny on chat wrote:I think we need to take a hiatus from Mafia due to lack of interest
I'm scanning through the most recent games and categorized a bit.

People who form a solid basis: Doesntpostverymuch, Mechdragon, MosaicMario, Nanaya Jacob, PixelPest, Pseudo-dino, Sanct, Spinda, Supershroom, Syndrilevosse, Waddle Derp, Zeldamaster12

People who have newly or occasionally participated: bossedit8, 8flight, glitch4, King of Eterity, Ness-Wednesday, ShadowStarX, The Thwomp King, Yoshi021

People who are around but have taken a hiatus from mafia: Aristocrat, HenryRichard, Joey, Mivixion, RudeGuy07

People who can be considered inactive, after a noteworthy amount of participations: Bomber57, HeroOfRhyme, Kyo Saito, Nien, PaperPlayerX, qig, TheLordKhon, zlakergirl357

The "solid basis" consists of 12 people atm, and you can expect at least 9 or 10 of them to not be temporarily tied up with RL matters. The occasional players (some of them who may be soon considerable for the solid basis) is 8 people, if you get ~4 of them then we're already at 14. The third and fourth group are people that we hope to return some day to make up for a couple of more spots. And it's also important to have an influx of new people every now and then (see here). Right now it seems like a game of 18-20 people is too optimistic, but 14-16 seems to work out fine. As long as we have no problems with regularily getting at least ~12 people for a game, I don't think that a hiatus should be considered.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:27 pm

I'd say glitch4 can be considered inactive though, because he joins games and then never participates in them.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Sancles-Chan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:31 pm

there have been many games posted in the concepts thread which means there should probably be another host signups as it's pretty much confirmed that people have games ready

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:22 am

Sanct wrote:there have been many games posted in the concepts thread which means there should probably be another host signups as it's pretty much confirmed that people have games ready
Basically this.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:43 am

witchking666 wrote:
Sanct wrote:there have been many games posted in the concepts thread which means there should probably be another host signups as it's pretty much confirmed that people have games ready
Basically this.
Same.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:25 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:
witchking666 wrote:
Basically this.
Same.
Pseudo, I think plenty of us want the host thread for M35.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:58 pm

But do you have enough players? Just because you have game concepts getting pumped through doesn't mean you have players to fill those games.

Return to “Mafia”