M46 Host Sign-ups (Poll Round 2!)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What game would you like to play for M46?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Werewolves vs. Skeletons - Pseudo
21%
Psychopathy Red - Witchking666
68%
Mafia of the Corn - PixelPest
11%

Total votes: 19
Warlock
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: crazy man

Re: M46 Host Sign-ups

Postby Warlock » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:43 am

Witchking666 wrote:Oh cool! It's a double-mafia game now! This does however add three more anti-town players. I suggest you fix this by adding two more townies (Peasants) and one additional blue. I am concinced that an 18-Player game could be filled up easily.
Added the Guard and two more peasants.
Hey there! I'm just a normal lad. Nothing special about me, I promise.

If you have a New Super Luigi U save file on your Wii U, you automatically unlock the Luigi Bros game in SM3DW.

"I'm not sure if you need serious help, are an idiot, came here to troll, or all three at once. I'm gonna guess all three at once."

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:22 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Witchking666 wrote:Disqualified.
You are not allowed to host a mystery game since you never finished hosting a game on smbx mafia before.
Submit something else please.
I guess I should look at what I copy and paste next time, but I thought I hosted M6 and M15...[/quote]
Yeah as Cedur said this is not Shipcord Mafia; you have not yet hosted a normal game on SMBX.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:10 am

M46?: Mafia of the Corn
(Cardflip / 17 Players)

The Mafia
Creepy Clown: Can roleblock a player each Night. If it is a full moon that player's vote also counts as zero the next Day. Knows who the other Mafia members are and can collaboratively choose a player to kill each Night (and must decide who commits the kill).
Werewolf: Flips green unless it is a full moon in which case they flip red, but will kill anyone who visits them for that Night. Knows who the other Mafia members are and can collaboratively choose a player to kill each Night (and must decide who commits the kill).
Zombie: If a player uses an ability on them that player now flips red. If it is a full moon that player cannot use their ability on the following Night. Knows who the other Mafia members are and can collaboratively choose a player to kill each Night (and must decide who commits the kill).
Witch Doctor: Can shrink a player's head each Night. If that player has an ability they use it on themselves and are notified, unless it is a full moon in which case they will not know their head has been shrunken. Knows who the other Mafia members are and can collaboratively choose a player to kill each Night (and must decide who commits the kill).

The Town
Man of the Moon: Can choose each Day to make it a full moon on the next Night. Immune to Nightkills on full moons.
Human Lie Detector: Can find out the colour of a player each Night. If it is a full moon they will find out that player's alignment.
Stalker: Can find out if a player used an ability each Night (this includes a Mafia member performing a kill). On a full moon their role will be revealed at the end of the Night phase if they use their ability but they will also flip blue for the rest of the game.
Coroner: Can find out a dead player's role each Night. If it is a full moon they will automatically find out the role of one random player who was killed on that Night (if any).
Telepathy Twin: In contact with the other person who has the same role. On the Night of a full moon they can collaboratively choose a player to kill. If that player is aligned with the Town both Telepathy Twins will flip red for the following Day and Night.
Telepathy Twin
Cornie: Has no special abilities.
Cornie
Cornie
Cornie
Cornie
Pumpkin Smasher: Is aware of their identity.

Third Party
Slasher: Can kill a player each Night. That player will flip black instead of their normal colour. Immune to Nightkills.

Mechanics
  • Normal Mafia Win Conditions
  • Full moon: If the Man of the Moon chooses during the previous Day phase any Night can be a full moon (except for Night 1 of course). This will mean that anyone with an ability gets a modified version of it as mentioned in the role description; both Mafia and Town members get these buffs which are not optional, though role usage is not mandatory on full moons
witchking666 wrote:Oh wow the "full moon" concept is very original, Approved! I suggest you make either the stalker or the Pumpkin Smasher yellow. It's quite unfair for the slasher that there isn't a millwright.
Pseudo wrote:Looks cool, approved!

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:33 am

M46+: RAGE

20 Players
Cardflip

Mafia
Mafioso: If he loses a teamate, he can use a one-time usage ability the following day and night phase
Mafioso
Mafioso
Propagandist: Can put up a message 350 characters long that will be displayed in the following phase change post.

Town
Town Special: If he loses a teamate (townie, miller or special) he can choose to:
  1. Upgrade his role: He can choose from 2 random roles presented to him that he keeps for the remainder of the game
  2. Use a one-time ability
Town Special
Town Special
Journalist: Can put up a message 350 characters long that will be displayed in the following phase change post.
Townie: Nothing special
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Miller: Thinks he is a normal townie

Serial Killer
Serial Killer: Immune to nightkills. Can kill once per night. If someone attempts to nightkill him, he can use a one time ability.

Abilities and upgrades
Mafia one-time abilities: show
Disguise: May change his cardflip colour to green for the night
Roleblock: Can roleblock anyone who uses their role on them
Fake vote: Can vote via ballot box and make a vote that does not count in the thread
Protect: Can make a teammate immune to nightkills the following night
Town Special role upgrades: show
Sheriff: Can inspect a player each night
Vigilante: Can kill a player each night
Doctor: Can protect a player from nightkills each night
Priest: May protect a player from non-killing abilities each night
Bodyguard: Can take the bullet for his target if the target is to be killed. The killer also dies
Hippie: Can block a player from lynch voting each night for the following day, so his lynch votes don't count.
Town Special one-time abilities: show
Dissect: Can inspect a dead player the following night,
finding out their target's role
Defend: Can make themselves immune to nightkills the following night
es
Double vote: His votes count twice
Reveal: May reveal his role to another player the following night
Serial Killer one-time abilities: show
Brutal kill: Can kill a player the following night bypassing protection, at the cost of his own nightkill immunity for that night. This is NOT in additional to his standard nightkills however.
Fake vote: Can vote privately, making a public vote that does not count
Blame: Can blame a player for his actions by voting them. If the serial killer gets the most votes, the player he voted for is lynched instead
Notes: show
One-time use abilities can be used once per game
Players must decide on their one-time abilities and upgrades on the day phase they get the opportunity, otherwise they will have to wait for the opportunity to arise again
However, for abilities used on players during the night, the player does not have to decide on the target until the following night phase.
Abilities that show one's role will reveal a town special's upgraded role.
Witchking666 wrote:Sick concept!
Definately approved!
PixelPest wrote:Looks better now. In the future don't delete GM reviews when editing
Pseudo wrote:Ooh this is really interesting, approved
Last edited by Electriking on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:22 pm

I haven't visited the Mafia forum for like 2 weeks since I don't really like faction games. But ya boy is back with a BRAND NEW GAME! :mrgreen:

Mafia 46 - The Ultimate Deception

-18 players
-Cardflip
-The Town must eliminate all of the Manipulators for victory
-The Manipulators must equal or outnumber the Town for victory

The Manipulators
Manipulator: Will cardflip red on Night 1 and Day 1, blue on Night 2 and Day 2, and green on Night 3 and Day 3. After Day 3 is over, the cycle will begin again, and he will once again start out by cardflipping red. The Manipulator can tag a player each night, and that player's ability will be blocked, along with the lynch vote not counting for the day phase.
Spy: The Spy can visit a player each night and will be notified if they were visited.
Juror: Once throughout the entire game, the Juror can notify the host at night, and the Day phase will have no lynching. Will be announced upon phase change.
Poisoner: Each night, the Poisoner can poison a player. That player will die the next night unless visited by the Medic or the Cleanser. Poisoned players will not be notified that they are poisoned.

The Town
Sheriff: Each night, the Sheriff can inspect a player to learn his or her role color. If he inspects the Poisoner, he will be poisoned.
Medic: Each night, the Medic can protect a player from night kills. If that player was poisoned, they will be cured. Cannot be poisoned.
Cleanser: Cardflips green. The cleanser can cure a player from poisoning each night. Cannot be poisoned.
Vigilante: The Vigilante can kill a player each night, but will lose his ability for one night if he targets a member of the Town. If the Poisoner is targeted, the Vigilante will be poisoned.
Enhanced Townsperson: A regular Townsperson, but is immune to night kills and poisoning. Doesn't know he is the Enhanced Townsperson.
Townsperson: A regular Townsperson with no ability.
Miller: A regular Townsperson, but cardflips red. Doesn't know he is the Miller.

Role PMs:
Spoiler: show
TO BE ANNOUNCED.
Pseudo wrote:Resub
Witchking666 wrote:You truly are determinated to host this game aren't you? Resubmission.
PixelPest wrote:Resubmission

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:02 pm

M46: Melted Liquid Redrawn
17 Players, Cardlip.

The Mafia
Steam Spirit: Can choose the cardflip color that'll show up when inspected each night, but will always show up as red on death.
Rock Golem: Can silence someone every night, the next day the only thing someone can say is "I was silenced" and they can vote in ballot box but not publicly.
Flame Beast: Can burn the body of the mafia's victim turning him black. This can be done once in the game.
Lava Slime: Vote counts as -1.

The Town:
Seer: Can learn someone's color each night.
Hunter: Can kill someone each night.
Healer: Can save someone from death each night.
Necromancer: Can PM the host a message one on the next day phase after being nightkilled which will then be posted by the host, this message cannot include a lynch vote.
The Marked: Can once in the game set a person whose color will be revealed after The Marked dies.
Townie: A guy or girl who doesn't have a job and is probably leeching off of their parents.
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Witchking666 wrote:Woah, this is awesome! Approved!
PixelPest wrote:Nice. Approved!
Pseudo wrote:Seems cool, approved,
but don't forget that the Necromancer's ability should function through the host (i.e. the dead Necromancer messages you, then you post their message) to avoid the usual problems with death-related abilities
Last edited by Sancles-Chan on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Witchking666 wrote:You truly are determinated to host this game aren't you? Resubmission.
no I'm just too lazy to make a new game lmao

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:26 pm

M46: Super Mario Mafia
Open Ballot
Cardflip
Bowser's Army
Bowser has the strongest attacks. You must find a key to battle him. Attack: 50 HP: 100
Boom Boom only moves back and forth. You need a rope to battle him. After defeat,you will get a key. Attack: 25 HP: 3
Goomba charges towards you. Attack: 5 HP: 2
Goomba
Goomba
Koopa Troopa hides in his shell when hit, roleblocking him for 1 day. Attack: 1 Hits until in shell: 1
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Kood is undercover as a hero in the Mushroom Kingdom and cardflips blue. When defeated, the town gets a rope. Attack: 10 HP: 10

Toad Town
Mario can attack enemies by jumping. Attack: 1 HP: 15
Luigi can attack enemies by hammer. Attack 2 HP: 15
Demo is a demon but is not trusted so she cardflips red. Attack: 1 HP: 15
Iris is a demon so she is not trusted. Attack: 2 HP: 15
Detective Geno can inspect a player's color. Does not attack. Dies when planned by Bowser's Army.
Doctor Mario can heal people. Does not attack. Dies when planned by Bowser's Army.
Toads are just regular citizens of Toad Town. Does not attack. Dies when planned by Bowser's Army.
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad
Prince(ss) Peach is the leader of Toad Town. When killed, 2 random Toad Town citizens die, including Mario, Luigi, Geno and Dr. Mario. Cardflips green by Detective Geno. Does not attack. HP: 100

Items
Question Block can only be used once a day. To use, type Question Block and I can give you a random item.
Mushroom can be collected from a Question Block. To use, type Mushroom and you will get 5 HP. Goes away after use.
Flower can be collected from a Question Block only if you have a mushroom on you. To use, type Flower and the enemy you are battling dies immediately. Goes away after use.
Rope can be collexted from a Question Block after 5 day phases. It can let you battle Boom Boom.

How to battle an enemy
1) Type the name of an enemy
2) During day, type Attack
3) During night, an enemy will attack you.
4) Repeat until enemy is defeated.

How to battle a Toad Town citizen
1) Type the name of a Toad Town citizen.
2) Find its role. If it is a Toad, it dies immediately.
3) During night, type Attack.
4) During day, a Toad Town citizen can attack you.
5)Repeat until the citizen is dead.
PixelPest wrote:The HP mechanic and other mechanics are poorly implemented, the roles are poorly explained and the mechanics are awfully confusing, and the whole game is inherently unbalanced. It also doesn't play like a normal Mafia game and the idea of getting the key to defeat Bowser is just poorly explained and unfitting for this kind of game, besides other things. Please look over how other Mafia games are formatted and see how their roles are more balanced and the way they are explained.

EDIT: The GMs have decided that this game is disqualified due to the issues outlined above
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?
Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.
Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.

Postby Mosaic » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:38 pm

So, how many more days are we thinking of giving people to submit?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji

Postby xDestroy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Noodle wrote:M46: Super Mario Mafia
Open Ballot
Cardflip
Bowser's Army
Bowser has the strongest attacks. You must find a key to battle him. Attack: 50 HP: 100
Boom Boom only moves back and forth. You need a rope to battle him. After defeat,you will get a key. Attack: 25 HP: 3
Goomba
Goomba
Koopa Troopa hides in his shell when hit, roleblocking him for 1 day. Attack: 1 Hits until in shell: 1
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Kood is undercover as a hero in the Mushroom Kingdom and cardflips blue. When defeated, the town gets a rope. Attack: 10 HP: 10

Toad Town
Detective Geno can inspect a player's color. Does not attack. Dies when planned by Bowser's Army.
Doctor Mario can heal people. Does not attack. Dies when planned by Bowser's Army.
Toads are just regular citizens of Toad Town. Does not attack. Dies when planned by Bowser's Army.
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad
Prince(ss) Peach is the leader of Toad Town. When killed, 2 random Toad Town citizens die, including Mario, Luigi, Geno and Dr. Mario. Cardflips green by Detective Geno. Does not attack. HP: 100

Items
Question Block can only be used once a day. To use, type Question Block and I can give you a random item.
Mushroom can be collected from a Question Block. To use, type Mushroom and you will get 5 HP. Goes away after use.
Flower can be collected from a Question Block only if you have a mushroom on you. To use, type Flower and the enemy you are battling dies immediately. Goes away after use.
Rope can be collexted from a Question Block after 5 day phases. It can let you battle Boom Boom.

How to battle an enemy

It doesn’t specify how to get a key. How exactly do you kill bowser and how can you obtain the key. Also some of the players HP is not said. Please type your game on the mafia discussion thread so we can give feedback on the game before you post it.
no

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:35 pm

xDestroy wrote:
Open Ballot
Cardflip
Bowser's Army
Goomba
Goomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Toad Town
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad

Items

How to battle an enemy

It doesn’t specify how to get a key. How exactly do you kill bowser and how can you obtain the key
Me! wrote:Boom Boom only moves back and forth. After his defeat, you get a key.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:35 pm

xDestroy wrote:
Open Ballot
Cardflip
Bowser's Army
Goomba
Goomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Toad Town
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad

Items

How to battle an enemy

It doesn’t specify how to get a key. How exactly do you kill bowser and how can you obtain the key. Also some of the players HP is not said. Please type your game on the mafia discussion thread so we can give feedback on the game before you post it.
Actually, your supposed to post it on the Game Concept Thread

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji

Postby xDestroy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:43 pm

Mosaic wrote:
xDestroy wrote:
Open Ballot
Cardflip
Bowser's Army
Goomba
Goomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Toad Town
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad

Items

How to battle an enemy

Actually, your supposed to post it on the Game Concept Thread
Sorry i get those two mixed up also
Noodle wrote:Boom Boom only moves back and forth. After his defeat, you get a key.
That will make bowsers army to OP, also, the fact that bowser has 100 HP and can only be battled it boom boom died is just unfair, make the hp and attack more equal, because this game is very VERY unlikley to win with Toad Town, ex. Demo is a demon but is not trusted so she cardflips red Attack: 8 HP: 20
no

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Along with all of this, what happens if all the specials die? what? Their freaking screwed? Yeah that seems fair. Also, Peach dying causes 2 extra deaths to happen?
So basically 3 deaths at once. Yeah that's not fair. What i'm basically saying is that this game is far too stacked against the Toad Town, and needs SEVERE changes.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Witchking666 wrote:Review
PixelPest wrote:Review
Replaced second kill with fake vote
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:40 pm

Open Ballot
Cardflip
Bowser's Army
Goomba
Goomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Toad Town
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad

Items

How to battle an enemy

I would have quoted Danny if the meme wasn't dead

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:46 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Open Ballot
Cardflip
Bowser's Army
Goomba
Goomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Toad Town
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad
Toad

Items

How to battle an enemy

I would have quoted Danny if the meme wasn't dead
It's not. I brought it back to life in my little siggy down here.

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:55 pm

You forgot the constructive criticism

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:57 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:You forgot the constructive criticism
I meant the quotes that I have seen. They should make a Noodle quotes meme.
Noodle wrote:I meant the quotes that I have seen. They should make a Noodle quotes meme.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Noodle wrote:I meant the quotes that I have seen. They should make a Noodle quotes meme.
Please don't make posts like this that are off-topic.

Also:
PixelPest wrote:The GMs have decided that this game is disqualified due to the issues outlined

Return to “Mafia”