M44: Midnight on the Docks (TOWN VICTORY)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2372
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby Unidentified » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:48 am

Well, this sucks. This is why we need to find leads.

User avatar
116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (DAY 1)

Postby 116taj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:59 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Only lead we have is 116taj for his last post.
It was a joke lol
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:41 am

Electriking wrote:
TLtimelord wrote: Based on who would kill witchking and/or Cedur, I'm putting ShadowStarX and Thehelmetguy1 on my suspicion list. They felt somewhat quick to judge on the idea that the vigilante made a mistake, which would imply they assumed Pseudo was an innocent red.
It is very likely though that the vigilante killed. And it is only by chance alone that Pseudo was red. And even if the vigilante killed a mafioso, since it was only chance, then he still made a mistake. And it could be the vigilante did not kill Pseudo, but one of the greens, and was instead the TP. If she was the Miller, then it could have even been the Mafia killing her. Please don't try defending the vigilante against his mistakes, it only suggests to him that he was doing the right thing and should continue to kill despite there being leads. It is not who he killed that was the mistake, it was the fact he killed that was the mistake.

And what are you suspecting SSX and THG1 for?
What? I literally state why I suspect them. They were ASSUMING the vigilante probably made a mistake & that pseudo was probably innocent. Quite frankly you're outright saying all the things they implied. If the vigilante killed a werewolf, that's definitely not a mistake.
I also suspect them because they seem like the kind of people who would kill cedur and/or witchking quickly. They still have yet to defend themselves properly and/or shoot a retort back at me. Instead you're doing it for them and playing dumb while doing it. This, in my eyes makes it look bad for all 3 of you.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

User avatar
Warlock
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:50 am
Flair: crazy man
Current Project: Winning University.
Chat Username: Warlock

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby Warlock » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:11 am

Well, this is a good start
Hey there! I'm just a normal lad. Nothing special about me, I promise.

If you have a New Super Luigi U save file on your Wii U, you automatically unlock the Luigi Bros game in SM3DW.

Image

"I'm not sure if you need serious help, are an idiot, came here to troll, or all three at once. I'm gonna guess all three at once."

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:38 am

I'm gonna go ahead and say that it is highly unlikely that the stranger used his third ability on the first night, as that would be a huge waste and the stranger wouldn't have the ability when he needs it most. So therefore, I'm almost positive that the huntsman killed, so let's please stop discussing the possibility of the stranger using his third ability.

I can see where TNT is coming from, but the same goes for Electriking. If the huntsman killed Pseudo and it turns out that she was in fact a werewolf, then that's great! However, as Electriking said, unless the huntsman miraculously figured out Pseudo was a werewolf, the kill was purely by chance and nothing more, so therefore we would have gotten extremely lucky. Even then, Pseudo may not have even been a werewolf at all, but rather the miller. The huntsman killing N1 with no grounds to base the kill off of is incredibly reckless and there's a big chance that the kill was in fact a mistake.

Point is, if the huntsman killed Pseudo and Pseudo was a werewolf, then that's great, but there's a large possibility that's not the case, so we can't just assume Pseudo was a werewolf just because she flipped red. Now can we please stop pointing fingers at each other? I don't want this situation to cost innocent players' lives.
Image

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:56 am

Additionally, I'd like to add that the huntsman may have not even targeted Pseudo at all, but rather one of the other two, and if that's the case, the Mafia or the stranger could have targeted Pseudo.

smh huntsman why did you have to kill N1
Image

User avatar
xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby xDestroy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Alright, the huntsman killed on N1, but now we need some leads, we can't have another KitB happen and have the chance of losing another player like scant, and THAT DOES NOT MEAN TO SNIPEVOTE! We just need to start finding a lead, can't risk another game like S1 where there's 0 leads
no

User avatar
116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby 116taj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:09 pm

xDestroy wrote:Alright, the huntsman killed on N1, but now we need some leads, we can't have another KitB happen and have the chance of losing another player like scant, and THAT DOES NOT MEAN TO SNIPEVOTE! We just need to start finding a lead, can't risk another game like S1 where there's 0 leads
Awww

But seriously, even though there is a high chance that there is 3 or maybe even 2 mafia left, so we need to find a lead.

Also, I was thinking a lover should claim day 2 and the other one should confirm. Then all the blues claim to the lover that is confirmed and then we would have a blue alliance. Of course both lovers will probably die night 3 but by then the alliance should be established.

Just an idea though could have some flaws.
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:18 pm

I'd rather not sacrifice two townspeople for an alliance that could end up failing. I've seen too many blue alliances causing more harm than it's worth, and I'd rather not go down that road again unless it's absolutely necessary.
Image

User avatar
116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby 116taj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Yeah but generally we are going to lose townies or blues every night unless the stranger kills the mafia or vice versa. Also, I'm pretty sure the huntsman is a rookie since he doesn't know how risky it is to kill someone n1. Which probably confirms Sanct isn't the huntsman.
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

User avatar
Frad
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:02 pm
Chat Username: Frad
Contact:

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby Frad » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:10 pm

there is a chance of a fake claimers ..So best thing is that the Seer got to start the allaince

User avatar
116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby 116taj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Frad wrote:there is a chance of a fake claimers ..So best thing is that the Seer got to start the allaince
There can't be fake claimers since the lovers are in contact with each other. The only way this wouldn't work is if one of the lovers are dead.
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

User avatar
xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby xDestroy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Frad wrote:there is a chance of a fake claimers ..So best thing is that the Seer got to start the allaince
Besides the fluke of M40, i won't think this is a good idea... and like 116taj said, there will be no false claims
no

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2372
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby Unidentified » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:16 pm

I don't think that a blue alliance should be done like that. First, one of the lovers could be dead. Second, as ZM said, a blue alliance that isn't done right causes more harm than good.

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Here's my two main issues with blue alliances:

One, they take time that we don't have to set up. It's enough that the person requesting claims has to be proven innocent, but then you have to take more time getting the claims, which could take a while to get depending on the activity of the blues, and then the people who claim privately would have to prove their innocence too. It's a long process that doesn't even work 3/4 of the time due to either a lack of time or inactivity from some of the blues.

Two, if the blue alliance IS established, the rest of the town becomes extremely lazy and depends solely on the blue alliance to do all the work. When the town has powerful confirmed roles, they pretty much go braindead. A prime example of this was when I was sheriff a few games ago. I pretty much team-carried the entire town by single-handedly getting four mafia members lynched, two off hunches alone, and it still wasn't enough because we lost. There's a reason that the town is called a TEAM, because we're supposed to work together, not kick back and let the blues do all the work.

Now, I'm not saying that blue alliances can't work because they definitely can. But seeing our mafia history, they almost always fail because of the stupidest reasons, and some of those reasons have even cost us the game. I don't want that to happen again, and sacrificing two townspeople with a special role, powerful or not, just to create an alliance that could easily fail... I'd rather not do that.
Image

User avatar
116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby 116taj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Although this probably won't help at all I felt like making one of these. Also my reasoning might be bad but it is my first list so yeah


Suspicion List

Green: Not suspicious Orange: Slightly suspicious Red: Very suspicious Black: Not sure

TLTimelord:Not getting any bad feelings at all, but then again no good vibes so not sure. Definitely closer to the green though.
Nanaya Jacob: Hasn't posted a lot so I can't say much.
Zeldamaster12: Definitely getting town vibes from him as he is generally talking about protecting the town as well trying to find good leads, so I think it's safe to say that he is town. ( Not the best reasons but I believe he is town)
MECHDRAGON777: The fact that he might've snipevoted or at least might've voted close to the phase change which is generally a scum move, made him seem like a decent lead for tomorrow. He only said this after a blue was killed though which is why he's not red.
ShadowStarX: Other than the fact that you assumed Pseudo was the miller, you seem fine. For now, I'm leaving you black.
Electriking: You act like a town. That's all I really have.
Thehelmetguy1: Using meta evidence, I can confirm he is probably not mafia or tp since I didn't die night 1.
glitch4: You haven't posted a lot, so not sure.
Warlock: Inactivity is a big problem here. So not sure.
116taj: Woah I'm teal for some reason. Probably so you get annoyed.
xDestroy: Some of your posts are strange but not suspicious. Not much else to say.
TheDinoKing: Post more and maybe you'll get a cool colour.
Frad: Same as all of the other inactives. Post more so I can give you a sweet colour.

Lots of blacks, no reds, a few greens, and one orange.

So basically the only person that I have a bit of suspicion on is MECHDRAGON777.
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

User avatar
116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby 116taj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Here's my two main issues with blue alliances:

One, they take time that we don't have to set up. It's enough that the person requesting claims has to be proven innocent, but then you have to take more time getting the claims, which could take a while to get depending on the activity of the blues, and then the people who claim privately would have to prove their innocence too. It's a long process that doesn't even work 3/4 of the time due to either a lack of time or inactivity from some of the blues.

Two, if the blue alliance IS established, the rest of the town becomes extremely lazy and depends solely on the blue alliance to do all the work. When the town has powerful confirmed roles, they pretty much go braindead. A prime example of this was when I was sheriff a few games ago. I pretty much team-carried the entire town by single-handedly getting four mafia members lynched, two off hunches alone, and it still wasn't enough because we lost. There's a reason that the town is called a TEAM, because we're supposed to work together, not kick back and let the blues do all the work.

Now, I'm not saying that blue alliances can't work because they definitely can. But seeing our mafia history, they almost always fail because of the stupidest reasons, and some of those reasons have even cost us the game. I don't want that to happen again, and sacrificing two townspeople with a special role, powerful or not, just to create an alliance that could easily fail... I'd rather not do that.
I did say that the lovers should claim during day 2 so we have quite a bit of time. Also you are right with the inactivity, but if we can confirm at least 2 roles, that would be nice. While the town might go braindead, most people are already inactive so it seems like they already are braindead. Also about the fact that two specials will die, the town usually are the one losing players during the night phase, so it's not like we're really losing anyone that we wouldn't normally lose.
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6302
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:50 pm

I should not that never said a thing about snipe voting. I only said what I said because I knew Sanct was a blue during day one. I know what his role was. We need to work fast if we want to get out of these mess.

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:52 pm

So far, as the second day phase & more death approaches, these are how I feel about our current players (it may end up looking suspiciously like my player analyses):

Nanaya Jacob - You seem to be relatively inactive but just active enough to be paying attention to the game. Idk how I feel about you
Zeldamaster12: You're chill
MECHDRAGON777: Contrary to what 116taj says, I don't think you're a good lead. as you ninja-post me, you say that 116's claims don't hold up at all and that doesn't help his case any
ShadowStarX: You're one of my biggest suspicions for reasons I have stated in my previous posts
Electriking: You're my biggest red flag so far. You're adamant claims that the huntsman killing was a huge mistake is a rash statement. To me, you're either the huntsman regretting his decision or a werewolf pretending to scold the huntsman.
Thehelmetguy1: Same as SSX. Our short interrogations didn't really help anything that might have been spawned from miscommunications.
glitch4: inactive. idek if you care about the game
Warlock: You're posting occasionally but you have nothing to add. I have nothing positive nor negative to get from you.
116taj: You're inching yourself into the same boat as Thg1, Electriking, and SSX.
xDestroy: You haven't added anything productive to this game thus far. You've stated the obvious in posts, that's about it.
TheDinoKing: Same as glitch4
Frad: same as xDestroy, but without the posting.

So far, my top 4 suspicion list is: Electriking, Thehelmetguy1, ShadowStarX, and 116taj.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

User avatar
116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Re: M44: Midnight on the Docks (NIGHT 2)

Postby 116taj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I should not that never said a thing about snipe voting. I only said what I said because I knew Sanct was a blue during day one. I know what his role was. We need to work fast if we want to get out of these mess.
how did you know sanct's role? You're basically setting yourself up for a nightkill. But you did say you should've voted and since you last posted 2 hours before phase change, I must've assumed you were considering after you said you regretted to not vote the next phase. I can't edit my posts but you're green to me now.

TLtimelord wrote:So far, as the second day phase & more death approaches, these are how I feel about our current players (it may end up looking suspiciously like my player analyses):

Nanaya Jacob - You seem to be relatively inactive but just active enough to be paying attention to the game. Idk how I feel about you
Zeldamaster12: You're chill
MECHDRAGON777: Contrary to what 116taj says, I don't think you're a good lead. as you ninja-post me, you say that 116's claims don't hold up at all and that doesn't help his case any
ShadowStarX: You're one of my biggest suspicions for reasons I have stated in my previous posts
Electriking: You're my biggest red flag so far. You're adamant claims that the huntsman killing was a huge mistake is a rash statement. To me, you're either the huntsman regretting his decision or a werewolf pretending to scold the huntsman.
Thehelmetguy1: Same as SSX. Our short interrogations didn't really help anything that might have been spawned from miscommunications.
glitch4: inactive. idek if you care about the game
Warlock: You're posting occasionally but you have nothing to add. I have nothing positive nor negative to get from you.
116taj: You're inching yourself into the same boat as Thg1, Electriking, and SSX.
xDestroy: You haven't added anything productive to this game thus far. You've stated the obvious in posts, that's about it.
TheDinoKing: Same as glitch4
Frad: same as xDestroy, but without the posting.

So far, my top 4 suspicion list is: Electriking, Thehelmetguy1, ShadowStarX, and 116taj.
How am I suspicious? The fact that I tried to get a blue alliance together or me making a suspicion list?
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron