M44 Host Signups (Poll Phase 2)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What game do you want to play for M44?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Midnight on the Docks - Danny
76%
The Ultimate Deception - Zeldamaster12
6%
Psychopathy Red - Witchking666
18%

Total votes: 17
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: M44 Host Signups (Poll is here!)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:21 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:Where is my game?!
I am disappoint.
Your joke is located on the very first page. Thank you very much.

ImageImageImage

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:42 pm

I've been waiting at least two years to host this game.

If you don't vote you'll be SORRY.
Spoiler: show
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby 116taj » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Vote for TP Terror! (although it isn't as terrifying as before)

AWESOME POSTER! HANG IT ON YOUR WALL! please don't

oops I spelled annihilate wrong in my poster grammar nazis don't kill me plz
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 pm

golly it's awful close

TENSION RISES

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 pm

I hope I win. :(
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 pm

I'm sorry, but after seeing Sanct's track record as a host, I have little to no understanding as to why he's winning.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 pm

TLtimelord wrote:I'm sorry, but after seeing Sanct's track record as a host, I have little to no understanding as to why he's winning.
I'd like to think he's learned from his mistakes. We'll see how it goes if he wins I guess.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:
TLtimelord wrote:I'm sorry, but after seeing Sanct's track record as a host, I have little to no understanding as to why he's winning.
I'd like to think he's learned from his mistakes. We'll see how it goes if he wins I guess.
You know if he wins I'd really like him to prove me wrong, but I don't think it's worth taking the chance of another game like the ones he's hosted.

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 am

I might sound like an asshole and I know I'm not a gamemaster anymore, but I am still allowed to give out criticisms like these. In Sanct's game, the Mafia is incredibly powerful, not to the extent that it's broken, but to the extent that I can definitely see them winning, if not putting the town on the extreme edge of losing. Even with the town's roles, the Mafia still has the largest advantage over them, with one of them being nightkill immune, two of them essentially being able to remove lynch votes, and one of them can steal the Doctor or the Shaman's ability, and I would imagine the ability of the Magmatic Spirit if it was used on him? Not sure how that works in rulings terms.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how the Lava Slime role works, the Mafia is still incredibly powerful in Sanct's game, and I've noticed this is something he tends to do in his games anyway. This is just something I think people need to consider before jumping onto the bandwagon of voting for his game because it's "good". Not trying to be a dick or influence anyone or anything, but I think this is something our Mafia community actually needs to realize before they vote for a game. Don't just vote for a game because you think it looks cool, actually do some thinking and figure out if something is going to be unbalanced, and you can actually voice your concerns about these so the gamemasters can see it. I have tried to stress that during my time as GM, and I hope the current GMs can try to reinforce that too. It's okay to give criticisms in the host signups.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:13 am

^
I support this

also exCUSE me how does one go from 7 to 4 votes

need i remind you

vote for danny's game too
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.

Postby Mosaic » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:18 am

Danny wrote:I might sound like an asshole and I know I'm not a gamemaster anymore, but I am still allowed to give out criticisms like these. In Sanct's game, the Mafia is incredibly powerful, not to the extent that it's broken, but to the extent that I can definitely see them winning, if not putting the town on the extreme edge of losing. Even with the town's roles, the Mafia still has the largest advantage over them, with one of them being nightkill immune, two of them essentially being able to remove lynch votes, and one of them can steal the Doctor or the Shaman's ability, and I would imagine the ability of the Magmatic Spirit if it was used on him? Not sure how that works in rulings terms.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how the Lava Slime role works, the Mafia is still incredibly powerful in Sanct's game, and I've noticed this is something he tends to do in his games anyway. This is just something I think people need to consider before jumping onto the bandwagon of voting for his game because it's "good". Not trying to be a dick or influence anyone or anything, but I think this is something our Mafia community actually needs to realize before they vote for a game. Don't just vote for a game because you think it looks cool, actually do some thinking and figure out if something is going to be unbalanced, and you can actually voice your concerns about these so the gamemasters can see it. I have tried to stress that during my time as GM, and I hope the current GMs can try to reinforce that too. It's okay to give criticisms in the host signups.
to an extent, i actually somewhat agree with this, no offense to sanct, but sometimes when i'm looking at his games, i notice that there are really only a few intresting or new roles when playing. That's not what i'm mainly talking about though, what i'm talking about is that his games usually have FAR TOO FEW townspeople in them, i've noticed in every game he's hosted on here, the town has lost, and i personally don't think it's just player skill and the such, i feel that the town in the games was too
small, like, i remember frozen solid only having 11 townspeople vs 4 mafia and a third party. And infact, Moral match was a similar setup, their was only around like 11 townspeople in it too vs 4 mafia and a third party. The fact that a 11 V 4 game is already pretty stacked as seen in M43 as the town can only afford to mislynch thrice was
bad enough, but the fact that the town could be losing three people and in quite a likely scenario due to a mislynch, you can really see how it can narrow down the chances. as it's been said, try to have atleast 3-4 townies per mafia, which i feel sanct's games don't exactly do. Infact, that's most likely one of the reasons the mafia won M35, because of allaince infiltration + Banished Townie + Snow Golem Exploit, it really made it stacked. I'm not saying you guys have to stop voting Sanct's games,
but just get that they really aren't perfect.

Or to sum it up:
Pseudo wrote:^
I support this

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:15 am

Danny wrote:I might sound like an asshole and I know I'm not a gamemaster anymore, but I am still allowed to give out criticisms like these. In Sanct's game, the Mafia is incredibly powerful, not to the extent that it's broken, but to the extent that I can definitely see them winning, if not putting the town on the extreme edge of losing. Even with the town's roles, the Mafia still has the largest advantage over them, with one of them being nightkill immune, two of them essentially being able to remove lynch votes, and one of them can steal the Doctor or the Shaman's ability, and I would imagine the ability of the Magmatic Spirit if it was used on him? Not sure how that works in rulings terms.

I feel like this'll surprise some people, but I'm actually really thankful for this criticism. (I encourage more people to do this please, it'll make games generally better for everyone and games will generally turn out better)

I've noticed that I have a habit of making the mafia too powerful, and to an extent I've tried to negate that, but it really doesn't work when right after it I go all like "Huh wouldn't that role be neat, let's add it" and completely ruin the balance.
(Hint, that's why the lava slime is there). If people wouldn't mind, I'd like to rebalance this game a bit in terms of the mafia? I'll be consulting at least one of the game masters while doing it to make sure the balance doesn't stray too far in the other direction.

As for my failings as a host, I completely acknowledge and accept the fact that my hosting during M41 was absolutely atrocious, if you don't trust me after that I completely understand your lack of trust (If I was one of you I'd probably do everything in my power never let a person who hosted like that host ever again).

No offense taken, in fact I agree with most, if not all of your points.
Now, it'll probably take a bit before I can think through how the game itself is balanced, and I'd like permission to edit it with at least one of the discussing the game with me so we could sort everything out. If I can't do this, I don't want the game to be in the second part of the poll if it gets enough supporters either way, I would rather try balancing out the game and hosting it the next time I get the chance instead
She/Her

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Sanct wrote:No offense taken, in fact I agree with most, if not all of your points.
Now, it'll probably take a bit before I can think through how the game itself is balanced, and I'd like permission to edit it with at least one of the discussing the game with me so we could sort everything out. If I can't do this, I don't want the game to be in the second part of the poll if it gets enough supporters either way, I would rather try balancing out the game and hosting it the next time I get the chance instead
To be completely honest with you, but this is mostly my own judgment and not the ruling on the gamemasters, but I would say that editing your game while the poll is still going isn't allowed at all, in fact I believe that's what the rules are like anyway. Not trying to discourage you from hosting, but usually balance issues like this should be seen to by the gamemasters and the person submitting the game themselves before the poll starts up, because it could actually be unfair for someone to change their game while they're receiving votes, because this could really influence/shift the voting in a different direction, either away from or into your game.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Yeah, I got word that I won't be allowed to do that so uh, just don't vote for my game, I'm not happy with it in it's current state and I'd like to improve it for next time.
She/Her

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:12 pm

Yeah just want to be clear to everyone that altering your game in a gameplay-significant way after the poll has started is not allowed.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Poll phase 2 is here!

Final phase 1 results:

Virus Alert - Doesntpostverymuch - 2 - 3%
Undead Chaos - thehelmetguy1 - 4 - 6%
Alignment Struggle - Nanaya Jacob - 3 - 5%
Decisions, Decisions - MosaicMario - 5 - 8%
Midnight on the Docks - Danny - 10 - 16%
Take It To The Limit - Pseudo - 5 - 8%
Melted Liquid - Sanct - 5 - 8%
The Ultimate Deception - Zeldamaster12 - 8 - 13%
Disco Inferno! - Cedur - 3 - 5%
Third Party Terror! - 116taj - 7 - 11%
Psychopathy Red - Witchking666 - 8 - 13%
ƚƨɒl ƨlɒɘbI on ɘɿɘʜW noiƚqɘɔnI bɘƨɿɘvɘЯ - MECHDRAGON777 - 4 - 6%

- a spam account, 2016

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Re: M44 Host Signups (Poll Phase 2)

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:33 pm

FYI Danny's been waiting to host his game for over 2 years now.

MIDNIGHT
ON
THE
DOCKS
OR
ELSE

116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby 116taj » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:17 pm

well my game is out now so

MIDNIGHT ON THE DOCKS FOR THE WIN
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.

Postby Mosaic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 pm

#VOTEFORDANNYORELSEBEHANGEDJUSTLIKEI'MFRUSTRATEDAFTHATICAN'TPLAYTHISBUTJUSTSAYINGEVENTHOUGHTHEWINNERISCLEARANDWHYAREYOUSTILLREADINGTHIS?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:54 pm

MosaicMario wrote:#VOTEFORDANNYORELSEBEHANGEDJUSTLIKEI'MFRUSTRATEDAFTHATICAN'TPLAYTHISBUTJUSTSAYINGEVENTHOUGHTHEWINNERISCLEARANDWHYAREYOUSTILLREADINGTHIS?
#LONGHASHTAG
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?
Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.
Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

Return to “Mafia”