M44 Host Signups (Poll Phase 2)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What game do you want to play for M44?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Midnight on the Docks - Danny
76%
The Ultimate Deception - Zeldamaster12
6%
Psychopathy Red - Witchking666
18%

Total votes: 17
Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

M44 Host Signups (Poll Phase 2)

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:05 am

Mafia 44

We're looking for your quality mafia hosting skills and your quality mafia games for our next game!

You've seen Mafia.
You've played Mafia.
Now, it might just be your time to host some Mafia!

Sorry to TLtimelord, he will not be hosting.

How do I apply?
All you need to do is post your game suggestion in this topic!
However, you must have participated in at least one mafia game in order to host a game.

After you have posted, your three Game Masters, Pseudo, Danny, and I, will edit your post and respond in green at the bottom if we approve.
If we have comments or changes that we recommend, we will edit in red.
Optional suggestions may be in yellow or orange.

Tips to Remember:
Each user may only submit one game, so choose wisely!
Your game should contain around 15-20 players.
Have about 1 mafia member for each 4-5 townies.
Your game doesn't need to be overly complex to be fun and interesting. Sometimes a good combination of roles can produce a better result.
Don't try to go overboard with the custom roles! You don't need to change the entire theme of your game for it to be interesting.

Ready for Mafia?
Think up some ideas!

Doesntpostverymuch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Re: M44 Host Signups.

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:17 am

M44: Virus Alert

Computer Viruses (collectively get 1 kill,wins by elminating Biological viruses)

ILOVEYOU An email based virus that is so common that it is immune to nightkills
Zeus A trojan virus, appears to be a normal file when Inspected
Conficker Its name comes from the English word, configure and a German pejorative, it`s a malware virus, so it can cause ads to pop up and prevent a player from using their ability
CIH The Chernobyl virus (also known as CIH) triggers on April 26th each year, the anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. It overwrites a chip inside a PC effectively paralysing the entire computer, In game it just makes players unable to vote the next day

Biological Viruses (wins by elminating computer viruses)

White Blood Cell It can kill one player each night,ironically looses it's abilty for a day if it kills a biological virus
Red Blood Cell Can protect a player each night
Immune System Can infect (it's a pun, don't panic) a player to learn their colour
Sensitive Immune System Can inspect a player each night, but red and green colours are flipped, thinks they're immune system
Supervirus Simply a virus that can't be killed by the white blood cell
Cas9 A CRISPR thingy,can see who has visited a player
Common Cold There are 200 different strains of cold, Which is why it's the equalvent of a townie
Common Cold
Common Cold
Common Cold
Common Cold
Common Cold
Common Cold
Flu A very fast evovling virus, so fast infact that it's managed to infect computers too and appears as red when inspected, doesn't know they are the flu

Mechanics

Cardflip - There is no roleflip here

Corruption - Viruses may choose to recruit (or corrupt if you prefer) a player into joining their team during the night, They do not get two kills if they recruit a killing role, and they can only recruit one person,ever.

(rolepms, and minature fridges not included)
Witchking666 wrote:Resubmission
Pseudo wrote:Resubmission
PixelPest wrote:Resubmission
i'm not very good at level design, please be specfic and tolerant of my ingorance.
Spinda wrote:by honestly I mean honestly
Try to guess what this next one means out of context
Supershroom wrote:Yeah, let's not please push on it this hard and then we'll get it hopefully.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
TLtimelord wrote:"Cunt" was a bit aggressive, my bad
thehelmetguy1 wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:People may as well stop submitting since this game's going to win either way.
I made the next one by accident
PixelPest wrote:Have you actually looked at how long
Witchking666 wrote:Ooh werewolves!
Approved!
I am highly autistic and get into misunderstandings easily. I also have ADHD.

What are you doing still looking at my post? scroll down to the next one!

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:22 am

lets try to win again and fail miserably yay
M??: Undead Chaos
16 players, cardflip
The Necromancer and the Undead
This team will begin with only the necromancer, and wins by outnumbering or equalling the town. This team has one kill each night
Necromancer: Controls the undead. If the necromancer has converted less than three people, he may then choose to target a player and turn them into a Zombie, Skeleton Warrior, or Ghoul. The necromancer's team may not have more than one of the same undead(2 Zombies are not allowed for example). Cannot be nightkilled and cannot target himself. If inspected on night 1, they will cardflip green. If the Necromancer doesn't convert anyone, a random target will be chosen unless three people were already converted.
Zombie: If the zombie is nightkilled or lynched, they will kill the person that killed them(Nightkill) or the last person that voted for them(Lynch). The zombie still dies.
Skeleton Mage: A skeleton that knows how to cast spells. Made a barrier that can protect themselves from nightkills. Can once in the game permanently give up on the nightkill immunity and kill someone.
Ghoul: May do one of the following each night:
-Sneak on a player and attack them, silencing the target.
-Scare a player, making them paranoid, where they will refuse to cooperate with anyone, making abilities from the town not have any effect on the target for one night.
The Town
Wins by completely destroying the Undead
Priest: May protect a player from mafia abilities and from becoming undead each night. Cannot become undead, but isn't immune to nightkills. Can't target themselves.
Jailer: Can target a player each night, roleblocking them and protecting them from nightkills, but cannot save the player if they would become an undead. Can't target themselves
Cop: Has a kill each night. If the cop kills an innocent, they get a penalty.
Penalty system:
1 penalty: They cardflip red for one night;
2 penalties: Their gun will be temporarily taken and they lose their ability for one night;
3 penalties: They will be silenced for one day and lose their ability for one night;
4 penalties: They will be fired and lose their ability permanently.

Detective: Can interview a player each night, and find out their color. May once in the game find a player's role, but this will lead the detective to lose their ability for 2 nights.
Burocratic Doctor: Twice in the game, can make it so that all the players killed in the current phase roleflip instead of cardflip.
Townie: Normal townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Light spirit: Cannot be nightkilled, and cannot become an undead, since he is already one. Due to being a ghost, people don't trust him, so he will cardflip red. Thinks they are a normal townie.
Mason: In contact with the other Mason
Mason: In contact with the other Mason
Witchking666 wrote:Resubmission
PixelPest wrote:Resubmission; however there is one minor discrepancy. In the role of the Necromancer it states at the beginning that they can choose a player to convert if they have targeted less than three people, however at the end of the role description it states that if the Necromancer doesn't choose a target a random target will be chosen unless four people were already converted. Could you please clear up whether this is in fact four, three, or if the last conversion is somehow only random as long as there is space on the team? I do also feel that the Necromancer and the Undead have a bit too much killing power behind them however it could go either way depending on how the game would go. Not really a big problem but something to consider. EDIT: Those changes helped a lot. Great work
Last edited by Unidentified on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:34 am

Zombie Apocalypse

Cardflip Game

Open Ballot for Greens only!

Lore
After the Mafia in M43 won, they felt shamed and deflected to the good side. Unfortunately, the townies turned into zombies and then they turned red. Now it was up to the former Mafia to restore the town.

Zombies
Zombie- based on PM votes, a player becomes one of them.

Zombie
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie

The Former Mafia
Nurse- can heal a zombie based on votes.
Survivor-can vote for a person to be healed.

Survivor
Survivor
Survivor
Survivor

Witchking666 wrote:Not to be rude or anything, but this bears very little resemblance to a mafia game. The structure is all wrong and the mechanic is very badly thought out. There is hardly any way for the town (survivors) to win. I suggest you look at some of the other games we had on these forums and try to dissect how their mechanics and balance worked. It will help you greatly next time you submit
PixelPest wrote:As said above, this game isn't formatted as a Mafia game really. Not only is it not very clear how exactly it works but the structure isn't correct and the mechanic gives the Zombies an unfair advantage. Try looking at the stickied thread on formatting Mafia games and look at some of the previous games hosted to find out more about the generally accepted way to make Mafia games
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?
Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.
Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:54 am

Not really a Mafia game...

Doesntpostverymuch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 am

PixelPest wrote:Not really a Mafia game...
i liked it
i'm not very good at level design, please be specfic and tolerant of my ingorance.
Spinda wrote:by honestly I mean honestly
Try to guess what this next one means out of context
Supershroom wrote:Yeah, let's not please push on it this hard and then we'll get it hopefully.
TLtimelord wrote:"Cunt" was a bit aggressive, my bad
thehelmetguy1 wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:People may as well stop submitting since this game's going to win either way.
I made the next one by accident
PixelPest wrote:Have you actually looked at how long
Witchking666 wrote:Ooh werewolves!
Approved!
I am highly autistic and get into misunderstandings easily. I also have ADHD.

What are you doing still looking at my post? scroll down to the next one!

Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:38 am

Alignment Struggle:

- There is no nightkilling in this game.
- Three teams, One town, two cultist/werewolf-ish like teams.
- Town starts with 1 potion, when used they are immune to being converted for one night. When used they can no longer use the potion.
- Lynching is the only way someone can die in this game.
- Player count will be 16
- All sides can be converted over and over again. Certain roles can not be converted and can only be lynched.
- At a certain point if the game lasts to long, like around 10 days or more game-wise, then it will end with who ever has the highest count on people converted.
- People who were converted will know they were converted and which alignment they are, they will not know who their other players on the team are.
- Teams will not know each other unless direct communication is used which is rather risky.
- In order for the Law or Chaos to win, they need to Convert more town then the Chaos or Law respectively or until Neutral is removed from play (dead or converted.)
- In order for Neutral to win, they need to convert all of Law and Chaos, or remove all of Law and Chaos
- Conversions are not public.
- Lynches not ballot box styled.
- It is roleflip with conversions from the past.
- When converters die the only way to win is by lynching opposing party members, there will be no extra converters.

Law
Lawful Converter - Can convert a player to become a lawful player. They are immune to being converted other alignments. Those that they convert can be reconverted to along alignment.
Lawful Player - They are the units converted. Lawful players can be reconverted to another Alignment. This Alignment starts out with one Lawful Player at the start.

Neutral
Neutral Converter - Can convert players to become a Neutral player. If they were already a neutral player, instead of the ability being wasted, they are protected from being converted that night. Can not be converted.
Neutral Converter - Can convert players to become a Neutral player. If they were already a neutral player, instead of the ability being wasted, they are protected from being converted that night. Can not be converted.
Neutral Player - A normal player. Can be converted.

Chaos
Chaotic Converter - Can convert a player a night to become a Chaos player. Can not be converted. Those converted can be converted into something else.
Chaotic Player - A Chaotic aligned player. Can be converted. Chaos starts with one automatically.
Witchking666 wrote:Oh look we got ourselves an experimental game, Interesting! It is pretty hard to determine this game's balance because I have never seen something like this before. I guess the only way to find out is by playing the game, approved.
Pseudo wrote:Seems pretty cool.
Please choose a specific length that the game lasts, though. 10 days as you suggest at the top sounds fine, but the game definitely needs specific mechanics.
PixelPest wrote:Quite an interesting mechanic however I can see it being a bit of a struggle since it's, as far as I can tell, taking shots in the dark to try to land other players from other teams. I feel like this would be significantly more enjoyable as a player if the teams were equal in size (since I just feel like for Neutral not much will happen and their chances of finding someone are very low for the first few phases). It also might be worthwhile to give converters (or at least one per team, so only one Neutral) a special ability that allows them to either use it or convert someone. I feel like it would make them game so much more interesting. At this point it is still playable for sure but could benefit from some assets that would make it more exciting to play
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.

Postby Mosaic » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:41 am

Thinking of submitting this mafia 44 sig- wait, you mean i am?

M44: Decisions, Decisions
Choice Game
Psuedo-Mystery Game
18 Players
Mandatory Lynching
Mandatory Role Usage
Normal Win Conditions

Mafia
Consigliere or Bartender
Brewer or Blackmailer
Doublespeaker or Painter

Town
Sheriff or Jailkeeper
Doctor or Dissector
Librarian or Lookout
Vigilante or Veteran
Narcissist or Aggressive Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Miller
Millwright

Independent
Saboteur or Arsonist
Rolelist: show
Consigliere: Can inspect a player each night to learn their exact role, however, the player will be alerted.
Bartender: Is a mafia that flips blue, no abilities.
Brewer: Can offer a player a drink each night to roleblock them that night phase.
Blackmailer: Can blackmail a player each night night to slience them the following day phase, not allowing them to say anything aside from “I’m intimidated” or similar.
Doublespeaker: Can fake their vote in the thread and send their real vote to the host in private.
Painter: Can paint a player red, orange, or black each night, making them flip that color next day phase, painting wears off next night phase.
Sheriff: Can inspect a player each night to learn their color.
Dissector: Can dissect a dead player each day phase to learn their exact role.
Doctor: Can protect a player from nightkills each night.
Jailkeeper: Can jail a player each night, protecting them from all abilities including killing, however, they’ll be roleblocked.
Librarian: Can read a player a long chapter book each night, roleblocking then that night phase and vote blocking them next day phase.
Lookout: Can watch a player each night to learn who visited them.
Vigilante: Can choose to kill a player each night.
Veteran: Can go on alert two times in the game killing all visitors.
Narcissist: They flip blue but have no abilities.
Aggressive Townsperson: Lynch votes count as two but they flip red.
Saboteur: May place a mine on a player each night. that mine will explode the following night, killing their target and anyone who visited their target. night-immune.
Arsonist: May spill gasoline on a player's house each night. Alternatively, can light all the houses that have been doused in gasoline on fire at once, killing all doused players and ignoring protection from night immunity and other protective roles. Immune to nightkills.
Extra Notes: show
- The Independents are NOT in contact with eachother nor are they on the same team.
- The Following abilites DON'T count as visiting: Sharpshooter, Tracker, Lookout, Voodoo Lady
Role PMs: show
You’re the leader of the mafia, you could be:

Consigliere: Can inspect a player each night to learn their exact role, however, the player will be alerted.

Bartender: Is a mafia that flips blue, no abilities.

Your teammates are: (player) and (player)
You’re a intimidating member of the mafia, you could be:

Brewer: Can offer a player a drink each night to roleblock them that night phase.

Blackmailer: Can blackmail a player each night night to slience them the following day phase, not allowing them to say anything aside from “I’m intimidated” or similar.

You’re a manipulative, deceiving member of the mafia, you could be:

Doublespeaker: Can fake your votes in the thread and send your real votes to the host in private.

Painter: Can paint a player red, orange, or black each night, making them flip that color next day phase, painting wears off next night phase.

You’re a member of the security force, you could be:

Sheriff: Can inspect a player each night to learn their color.

Jailkeeper: Can jail a player each night, protecting them from all abilities including killing, however, they’ll be roleblocked.
You’re an anatomist, you could be:

Doctor: Can protect a player from nightkills each night.

Dissector: Can dissect a dead player each day phase to learn their exact role.
You are good at keeping a sharp eye out, you could be:

Librarian: Can read a player a long chapter book each night roleblocking them that night phase and vote blocking them next day phase.

Lookout: Can watch a player each night to learn who visited them.
You’re a person who tries to punish criminals themselves without legal authority, you could be:

Vigilante: Can choose to kill a player each night.

Veteran: Can go on alert two times in the game killing all visitors.
You like drawing attention to yourself, you could be:

Narcissist: They flip blue but have no abilities.

Aggressive Townsperson: Lynch votes count as two but they flip red.
You are a Townsperson, you have no abilities and may be the Miller or Millwright.
You’re a cold, destructive psychopath, you could be:

Saboteur: May place a mine on a player each night. that mine will explode the following night, killing their target and anyone who visited their target. night-immune.

Arsonist: May spill gasoline on a player's house each night. Alternatively, can light all the houses that have been doused in gasoline on fire at once, killing all doused players and ignoring protection from night immunity and other protective roles. Immune to nightkills.
Witchking666 wrote:The town is insanely underpowered. Having 2 TPs and four mafiosi in an 18P game is just stupidly strong. Especially since the entire mafia has an ability. You should definately remove one of the TPs and perhaps a mafia too.
Edit: Looks good now, approved!
Pseudo wrote:Looks good, approved.
PixelPest wrote:I find it interesting how intuitive the role pairings are however I think it also kinda eliminates the fun part of seeing more unusual teams of specials that come about unexpectedly from non-ideal role choices since this makes everything safe and very close to normal set-up. This isn't a bad thing but just something to possibly consider, however on the other hand having choices that aren't stressful when trying to predict what other players will choose is completely cool too. Despite this I do agree that the Town is quite overpowered. I'd definitely drop it down to three Mafia and one TP
Last edited by Mosaic on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Midnight on the Docks
17 players
Cardflip
Town wins if all the werewolves and The Stranger are killed.
Werewolves win if the number of surviving town members equals or is less than the number of surviving werewolves.
The Stranger wins if all of the werewolves and all of the specials are killed.
Lynch votes must be in red. Bolding is optional but highly recommended.

In the peaceful seaside town of Blackwater, a murder strikes every midnight. The townsfolk have become aware that this murder is not committed by any man, and so the rumors of werewolves have spread. Paranoid and fearful of this invisible threat, the townsfolk have rallied, being wary of one another, including the strange, robed visitor that has come to the town. No one is innocent, not until proven otherwise... how will the town hold up against the dangers of the night?

Werewolves
Werewolf: Decides with the other Werewolves on who to kill each night.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Half-Lycanthrope: Decides with the other Werewolves on who to kill each night. Cardflips green when inspected or killed. During each Night phase, the Half-Lycanthrope may choose one of two things that will happen when he would die during the night.
1. He saves himself and becomes a regular Werewolf, cardflipping red upon inspection and death and losing all other special abilities.
2. When he chooses this ability, he must also pick a player. That player will die when the Half-Lycanthrope dies.

Town
Seer: May inspect a player each night, learning their color.
Acolyte: Acts as a normal Townsfolk, but becomes the Seer when the current Seer dies.
Gravekeeper: May inspect a dead player each night, learning their role.
Priest: May save a player from death each night.
Huntsman: May kill a player once per night.
Lover: Acts as a normal Townsfolk, but is in contact with the other Lover.
Lover
Townsfolk: Can vote to lynch a player each day.
Townsfolk
Townsfolk
Townsfolk
Madman: Acts as a normal Townsfolk, but cardflips red upon inspection and death. Is aware that they're the Madman.

Third Party
The Stranger: Can kill a player once per night. Alongside being able to kill a player, he may choose one of three abilities each night.
1. He can don a disguise and paint himself green for the Day phase. This disguise wears off the next Night phase.
2. He can place a mysterious ward on himself. If he would die during this Night phase, he may save himself.
3. Once throughout the entire game he may use this ability, invoking the anger of the Old Gods and crashing a wave into the village. This ability roleblocks every single player (not including The Stranger), and kills off a player chosen at random (also not including the Stranger or the Stranger's original kill target). Once this ability is used, The Stranger cannot make a kill during the following Night phase, although he can still use one of his other two abilities.
Witchking666 wrote:Resubmission.
PixelPest wrote:Resubmission
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Danny wrote:Midnight on the Docks
17 players
Cardflip
Town wins if all the werewolves and The Stranger are killed.
Werewolves win if the number of surviving town members equals or is less than the number of surviving werewolves.
The Stranger wins if all of the werewolves and all of the specials are killed.
Lynch votes must be in red. Bolding is optional but highly recommended.

In the peaceful seaside town of Blackwater, a murder strikes every midnight. The townsfolk have become aware that this murder is not committed by any man, and so the rumors of werewolves have spread. Paranoid and fearful of this invisible threat, the townsfolk have rallied, being wary of one another, including the strange, robed visitor that has come to the town. No one is innocent, not until proven otherwise... how will the town hold up against the dangers of the night?

Werewolves
Werewolf: Decides with the other Werewolves on who to kill each night.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Half-Lycanthrope: Decides with the other Werewolves on who to kill each night. Cardflips green when inspected or killed. During each Night phase, the Half-Lycanthrope may choose one of two things that will happen when he would die during the night.
1. He saves himself and becomes a regular Werewolf, cardflipping red upon inspection and death and losing all other special abilities.
2. When he chooses this ability, he must also pick a player. That player will die when the Half-Lycanthrope dies.

Town
Seer: May inspect a player each night, learning their color.
Acolyte: Acts as a normal Townsfolk, but becomes the Seer when the current Seer dies.
Gravekeeper: May inspect a dead player each night, learning their role.
Priest: May save a player from death each night.
Huntsman: May kill a player once per night.
Lover: Acts as a normal Townsfolk, but is in contact with the other Lover.
Lover
Townsfolk: Can vote to lynch a player each day.
Townsfolk
Townsfolk
Townsfolk
Madman: Acts as a normal Townsfolk, but cardflips red upon inspection and death. Is aware that they're the Madman.

Third Party
The Stranger: Can kill a player once per night. Alongside being able to kill a player, he may choose one of three abilities each night.
1. He can don a disguise and paint himself green for the Day phase. This disguise wears off the next Night phase.
2. He can place a mysterious ward on himself. If he would die during this Night phase, he may save himself.
3. Once throughout the entire game he may use this ability, invoking the anger of the Old Gods and crashing a wave into the village. This ability roleblocks every single player (not including The Stranger), and kills off a player chosen at random (also not including the Stranger or the Stranger's original kill target). Once this ability is used, The Stranger cannot make a kill during the following Night phase, although he can still use one of his other two abilities.
Why must lynch votes be in red? What if you suspect someone being a 3rd party?

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Then do it red anyways. Lynch votes always have to be in red.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:42 pm

I always imagine lynch votes to be written in blood, hence the red colour. We are voting on who to murder afterall.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:47 pm

What about carving them into a banana?
She/Her

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Sanct wrote:What about carving them into a banana?
:lol: True LULZ there, Sanct! :lol:

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:55 pm

Mafia 44: Take It To The Limit
Format: Role Upgrades / Cardflip - 17 Players

Mafia
Disguiser: Can disguise himself as one player each night, taking on the target's cardflip color (and role, to the Town Constable) if inspected on the same night.
- Shapeshifter: Disguises now apply on death as well; the disguise lasts until the next night.
Consort: Can block one player's ability each night. The target will be notified if it's successful.
- Madam: Roleblocking now also silences the target until the next night.
Mafia
- Consigliere: Can now inspect one player each night to learn their cardflip color.
Mafia
- Juror: Vote now counts twice as much as other players'.

Townspeople
Sheriff: Can inspect one player each night to learn their cardflip color.
- Town Constable: Now learns the exact role of the inspected player (but not whether or not they are upgraded).
Doctor: Can protect one player each night to prevent them from being night killed. Can't protect self.
- Surgeon: Protecting a player now also prevents mafia abilities from working on them for the night.
Vigilante: Can kill one player each night.
- Hero: Kill attempts against innocents now automatically fail.
Veteran: Twice throughout the whole game, can go on alert during the night, killing anyone who visits him. Immune to night kills while on alert.
- General: Gains an extra two alerts upon being upgraded.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
- Doublevoter: Vote now counts twice as much as other players'.
Miller
Millwright
- Townsperson: Now cardflips green, and knows that they were once a Miller/Millwright.

Weapon Master: Must upgrade one non-upgraded player's role each night; if they fail to do so they will be killed instantly. Upgraded players will be notified. When they die their powers (and requirements) are transferred to a specified heir, or a random player if no heir is specified. Heirs are notified and receive a list of upgraded players. The original Weapon Master wins either by surviving to the end of the game OR by upgrading every living player in either the town or mafia; heirs retain their original win conditions (and cardflip color).

- Darker colors indicate upgraded roles, and will appear as the standard color in-game (just used for clarity here).
- If the Doctor saves someone, it will be mentioned that an attempt was made on the player's life.
- Doublevoters lose their double votes if roleblocked on the previous night.
- If a Weapon Master heir has their own ability, they may use their main ability on a separate player than the upgrade target.
- Weapon Masters, including heirs, may not upgrade their own role, but they retain upgrades if they received theirs beforehand.
- The Veteran does not kill the Weapon Master when targeted for an upgrade.
- The Veteran kills the Consort if visited while on alert.
- Weapon Masters no longer need to upgrade a player each night if all living players have been upgraded.
- The original Weapon Master steals victory from other teams and ends the game upon achieving a win condition.
- The original Weapon Master cannot win after dying (by upgrading every player on a particular team).
- The lowest-ranked living mafioso carries out the Mafia's kills, for the purposes of visitation.

Role PMs
You are the Disguiser! You are a sneaky and deceptive mafioso who creates false identities. Each night, you may disguise yourself as one player, and will appear to be them if you are inspected on the same night. Additionally, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player each night.
Your role has been upgraded to Shapeshifter! Your disguises are now so convincing that you will appear as the player you're disguised as when you die as well. Your disguises will wear off on the next night.
You are the Consort! Although your husband, the Godfather, is away this game, you're still taking care of business. Each night, you may block one player's ability. Additionally, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player each night.
Your role has been upgraded to Madam! Your distraction abilities are now more potent than ever, and they will now leave your target in a daze that prevents them from speaking on the next day.
You are a member of the Mafia! You are a gangster working for the local crime family with aspirations of greatness. Each night, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player.
Your role has been upgraded to Consigliere! Each night, you may conduct reconnaissance on one player to learn their cardflip color.
You are a member of the Mafia! You are a gangster working for the local crime family with aspirations of greatness. Each night, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player - and as of now, you're the one doing the killing.
Your role has been upgraded to Juror! Having worked your way into a position of power in the town, your vote now counts twice as much as the other players'.
You are the Sheriff! You are the only law enforcement officer in this small town. Each night, you may inspect one player to learn their cardflip color.
Your role has been upgraded to Town Constable! With better investigative resources at your disposal, your inspections now allow you to learn your target's exact role. You won't know if they've been upgraded, though.
You are the Doctor! You are a well-trained emergency room physician. Each night, you can heal one player (not yourself; self-medication is dangerous) to prevent them from being night killed.
Your role has been upgraded to Surgeon! Now sporting a renewed medical license, your healing ability will also protect the target from any other mafia abilities affecting them on the same night.
You are the Vigilante! You take justice into your own hands to protect the town. Each night, you can kill one player.
Your role has been upgraded to Hero! More law-conscious than before, you'll think twice about killing an innocent, so if you attempt to kill an innocent your ability will automatically fail on that night.
You are the Veteran! Although you left the army years ago, you still pack quite a punch if threatened. Twice throughout the whole game, you may go on alert during the night, killing anyone who visits you - friend or foe.
Your role has been upgraded to General! Having re-joined the army, your increased military resources have granted you an extra two alerts to use during the night.
You are a Townsperson! You're just a regular townsperson with no special abilities.

You might be the Miller or Millwright, but you can't say for sure.
Your role has been upgraded to Doublevoter! Your charismatic style now grants you votes that count twice as much as the other players'.
Your role has been upgraded to Townsperson! Although you were previously the <Miller/Millwright>, you now cardflip green as a recognized member of the community.
You are the Weapon Master! You've come to town to sell your weapons, and the townspeople's conflict with the mafia is sure to be lucrative. Each night, you must visit one player to sell them weapons and upgrade their role - if you fail to do so, you'll be so anxious about your shaky profit margins that you'll have a heart attack and die. Before you die, you may specify an heir to leave your weapons and responsibilities to when you die (you may update your choice of heir at any time) - otherwise, a random player will stumble upon your warehouse and take on your responsibilities themselves.

You win either by surviving to see every player in either the town or mafia upgraded, or by surviving to the natural end of the game. Either way, you'll steal victory from the opposition.
You are the new Weapon Master! The old Weapon Master left you their wares when they died, and you're now responsible for upgrading one player's role each night.
If you fail to upgrade someone's role each night, you'll stay awake all night, anxious about your enemies learning your secrets and you'll die of sleep deprivation.

The following players have been upgraded so far:
Changelog: show
Version 1.1
- Replaced one Miller with a Millwright.
- Clarified that the Disguiser can still fool the Town Constable.
- Clarified that the Doctor can't protect itself.
- Clarified that new Weapon Master heirs receive a list of upgraded players as opposed to the upgraded players themselves; this was an error.
- Clarified that Weapon Masters must upgrade players who have not already been upgraded.
- Clarified that Weapon Masters need not upgrade once all other players have been upgraded.
- Clarified that Weapon Master heirs keep upgrades if they were upgraded beforehand.
- Clarified that the Veteran kills the Consort if visited while on alert.
Witchking666 wrote:I really like the upgrading mechanic.I do think you should replace one of the millers with a millwright to make it a little more fair for the TP.
PixelPest wrote:Not an easy game to balance but it looks good and I love the role upgrade mechanic
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:57 pm

>Memories flood back
Witchking666 wrote:
Sanct wrote:You could carve your vote in a banana for all I care
It was fucking irresitible
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:58 pm

Nanaya Jacob wrote:>Memories flood back
vietnam war memories best memories

Noodle
Banned

Postby Noodle » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Nanaya Jacob wrote:
>Memories flood back
Witchking666 wrote:
Sanct wrote:You could carve your vote in a banana for all I care
It was ******* irresitible
lolwut

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Completely original and functional

Mafia
Mafiaso: Can kill a player each night.

Town
Vilagnite: Soda can murder a playr ech nite.
Townspreson: Can't do jackshit at nite.
Witchking666 wrote:Memz. Approved.
Pseudo wrote:not actually though lol
but i respect the simple games
Darth PixelPest wrote:I sense a disturbance in the force
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:27 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:Completely original and functional

Mafia
Mafiaso: Can kill a player each night.

Town
Vilagnite: Soda can murder a playr ech nite.
Townspreson: Can't do jackshit at nite.
Welcome to the shortest Mafia game ever
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Return to “Mafia”