M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME (Anlyses in)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm
Flair: Info under raps

M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME (Anlyses in)

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:13 am

Hmm...

M43: True Barebones
-15 Players
-Open Ballot
-Cardflip

So yeah, the game could have used another townie slot to balance the game a bit better, but that really didn't excuse how not into it the entire town was. I don't really have a whole lot of good to say about anyone when it comes to player analyses, which will be in the next 48 hours. I will say right now Nanaya Jacob is the MVP for leading the mafia for the most part before and after SSX died.
LOGS AND GENERAL DATA: https://pastebin.com/Y2vDqjfi
PLAYER ANALYSES AND FINAL STATEMENT: https://pastebin.com/KtPgJte2

=

Mafia:
Nanaya Jacob
116taj
TheDinoKing was 8flight
ShadowStarX

Town:
Electriking
RSuperTheGreat
Noodle
Pseudo
Danny
Sanct
Witchking666
MosaicMario
thehelmetguy1
MECHDRAGON777
Waddle Derp

Players:
-Witchking666
-ShadowStarX
-MosaicMario
-Noodle
-Sanct
-116taj
-Nanaya Jacob
-thehelmetguy1
-TheDinoKing
-Electriking
-Waddle Derp
-Pseudo
-MECHDRAGON777
-RSuperTheGreat
-Danny

Logs:
Spoiler: show
NIGHT 1:
Mafia - Sanct

DAY 1 Votes:
-8flight
-116taj
-ShadowStarX
-Nanaya Jacob
-Electriking
-Noodle ---------8flight
-Danny-----------Waddle Derp
-Witchking666----Noodle
-MECHDRAGON777---Noodle
-thehelmetguy1
-MosaicMario
-Pseudo----------Noodle
-RsupertheGreat
-Waddle Derp

Noodle is lynched

NOODLE DIES

NIGHT 2:
Mafia - thehelmetguy1

DAY 2 VOTES:
-TheDinoKing-----
-116taj----------Electriking
-ShadowStarX-----Waddle Derp
-Nanaya Jacob----ShadowStarX
-Electriking-----ShadowStarX
-Danny-----------
-Witchking666----ShadowStarX
-MECHDRAGON777---Waddle Derp
-MosaicMario-----MosaicMario
-Pseudo----------ShadowStarX
-RsupertheGreat--
-Waddle Derp-----ShadowStarX

ShadowStarX is lynched

Night 3:
Mafia - Waddle Derp

Day 3:
-TheDinoKing-----MosaicMario
-116taj----------MosaicMario
-Nanaya Jacob----
-Electriking-----MosaicMario
-Danny-----------MosaicMario
-Witchking666----MosaicMario
-MECHDRAGON777---
-MosaicMario-----MECHDRAGON777
-Pseudo----------MosaicMario
-RsupertheGreat--MECHDRAGON777

MosaicMario is lynched

Night 4:
Mafia - Witchking666

-TheDinoKing-----
-116taj----------Danny
-Nanaya Jacob----
-Electriking-----
-Danny-----------
-Witchking666----
-MECHDRAGON777---
-MosaicMario-----
-Pseudo----------
-RsupertheGreat--

Danny is Lynched
:)
Role PM's:
Spoiler: show
Mafioso wrote:You are part of the Mafioso. Your teammates are: null.
Town wrote: You are apart of the Town. One of you is a Miller, but don't get too confused!
Announcement Directory:
N1: viewtopic.php?f=75&p=293377#p293377
GM Message: viewtopic.php?p=293493#p293493
D1: viewtopic.php?p=293506#p293506
N2: viewtopic.php?p=293661#p293661
D2: viewtopic.php?p=293871#p293871
N3: viewtopic.php?p=294061#p294061
Activity Message: viewtopic.php?p=294197#p294197
D3: viewtopic.php?p=294280#p294280
N4: viewtopic.php?p=294455#p294455
D4: viewtopic.php?p=294612#p294612
END: viewtopic.php?p=294715#p294715


Mafia has Won!
Last edited by TLtimelord on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

User avatar
116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby 116taj » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:32 am

so even after my amazing scummy move at the end of the game that gave mafia the win, and I still dont get mvp. jk at least i got a win

cmon im sacrificing my precious sleep for this

mafia logs ( I just copy pasted so its not the best)

Part 1: https://pastebin.com/MJi2yxcQ

Part 2: https://pastebin.com/4dMNRaRz

gg looking forward for player analysis and m44
Last edited by 116taj on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Contact:

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Mosaic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:37 am

Alright, Congrats to the mafia Jacob, 116taj, TheDinoKing, and ShadowStarX. They honestly deserved the win more than us.

Now, this game, i actually was having a bit of fun at first, and from what i heard, i was apparently the one who actually gave a damn about this game, like,
on i believe night 2, i did some interrogation with Waddle, and in that i was able to determine that i found him pretty trustworthy. And i even decided
that i'd form an allaince with him, here's the log if your interested:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LIq ... sp=sharing

However, once Day 3 came around, that's when the game wasn't fun anymore. Now i'll admit, though i did kind of defend myself badly, and it looked suspicious how
i was trying to try suspicion back around on Danny, i was legit suspicious of why he was not just so quick to vote for me RIGHT after i voted for MECH but also not say crap about his suspicion of me and be so quick to vote in the same post. Another reason i was getting so suspicious of him was that we had already suspected him earlier,
which only increased the suspicion i had.

And even though i was too pissed off to explain it then, i had an actual hunch about MECH, the fact that they were so quick to follow with ShadowStarX's lead without much reasoning for agreeing or explaining why they agree it's a good reason, and the fact that ShadowStarX turned out to be a mafia was the reason that i voted him, now, if something better had come up, i would have definitely changed it, but the reason i thought Danny was up to something was the fact that the wording of his post made
it sound as if he was trying to frame me or quickly come up with something to save his teammates' skin. But yeah, this wasn't the case at all, Danny, nor MECH turned out to be mafia meaning that it was just bad playing.

But i'll actually admit though, i didn't expect Jacob or Dinoking to be mafia at all, maybe it's due to the fact that i wasn't paying much attention entirely to how people were acting but yeah.

And i'll be honest, this game was almost M32 2.0 if you think about it, i'm getting lynched for dumb reasons, people bandwagon with it, i'm trying to ask people to lynch someone who they don't consider as suspicious, and it pretty much costs the game. Now, i'd like you guys to not point fingers at me and act like this loss was all
my fault, when really, it wasn't just my fault, it also that quite a bit of you guys, and i won't call anybody out, made several bad plays this game and along with that this game wasn't balanced to begin with because of their being 4 mafia against 11 townspeople in this game, which kind of messed things up as well.

But yeah, this is pretty much just my two cents on how i felt about how this game went in general, basically, not so well.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...
Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Contact:

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Mosaic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:54 am

Also, i decided that i'm not going to be playing M44, M45 and maybe even M46, however i am still going to watch them and submit games to the host signups, however
i'm not going to be playing them.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...
Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Danny » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:15 am

Danny wrote:i was trying to try suspicion back around on Danny, i was legit suspicious of why he was not just so quick to vote for me RIGHT after i voted for MECH but also not say crap about his suspicion of me and be so quick to vote in the same post. Another reason i was getting so suspicious of him was that we had already suspected him earlier,
which only increased the suspicion i had.
Excuse me, but I did give and explain my suspicion of you MULTIPLE TIMES. I also NEVER suspected Mechdragon AT ALL. If you throw me under the bus like this then you're committing murder in broad daylight.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1961
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:50 am
Flair: I've defeated humor

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Sancles-Chan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:11 am

oh this game ended?
ok
She/Her

User avatar
Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1770
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:47 am

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Witchking666 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:02 am

TLtimelord wrote:that really didn't excuse how not into it the entire town was.
I dont want to be a whining bitch right now, but this statement is just plain false.
I'll be the last person to deny that there were quite some people who went inactive because they were given the townie role. And it's also not a secret that this behavior significantly destroyed the game's balance. But there were also quite some players who were really into it. It feels really unfair that you call out the entire town here. People like Danny, Pseudo, Waddle Derp, Mosaic and Myself were "into it" and I don't think we deserve to be treated as if we weren't.

Well, now that that little rant is over. Ill actually express my thoughts on the game.
I really enjoyed this game while I was alive. It was pretty difficult to get leads since there really was a significant amount of inactive people. Turns out that two of these inactives (TheDinoKing, 116taj) were in the mafia. And it's pretty god damn hard to get leads out of your interrogations when the mafia is inactive and does not post. Because there is hardly anything to be considered suspicious if someone simply decides not to post at all. But overall I found this game to be pretty amazing, it brought the focus back to the day phase. The lack of an alliance also made playing as a townie a lot more intruiging since you could actually influence the game.
Anyways, I found this game to be quite enjoyable as a whole.

Also this:
TLtimelord wrote:Witchking666 blew his eardrums out listening to Lamb of God.
Is fucking hilarious since I was actually listening to "Walk with me in Hell" when I read my death message.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.


Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.
Image

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6306
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Contact:

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:48 am

I just came to vote on Day 4 and it ended... Ouch. Unlucky.

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:52 pm
Flair: When's Mafia
Contact:

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:49 am

i'd say the problem lies with the fact people have the been spoiled on specials leading the whole town. It made it feel like that if you are not special then you were useless fodder. That type of mentality ruined the town. Now for us mafia that was a problem to. we just became active when it demanded. Otherwise he had that mentality. We both suffered from this. From the mentality from both sides, with the town feeling like they could not do anything (im generalizing, so bear with me.) and the mafia being butts not talking in the thread.
As a learning experience, i would say it is a good one, it found our faults and brought them out to show what we could improve upon, which i believe is good.
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
Image
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6491
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 am

congrats for getting a mafia lynched, that's an accomplishment already :p
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Pseudo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:02 am

I disagree that many of the players weren't into it, including myself and especially Danny, and others, as Witchking said. That said, it's very possible that we still didn't post and/or interrogate and accuse players over specific evidence enough. Speaking personally, it's very possible I played badly and I totally accept, but this was a really fun game that I definitely intended to win.

The mafia was pretty good and I wouldn't have guessed that the rest of the members were who they were.

Overall I think this game was pretty healthy for SMBX Mafia and I'm glad it was voted in. There's a lot to be said for not having any abilities to rely on at all.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016


User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Contact:

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Mosaic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:19 am

Danny wrote:
Danny wrote:i was trying to try suspicion back around on Danny, i was legit suspicious of why he was not just so quick to vote for me RIGHT after i voted for MECH but also not say crap about his suspicion of me and be so quick to vote in the same post. Another reason i was getting so suspicious of him was that we had already suspected him earlier,
which only increased the suspicion i had.
Excuse me, but I did give and explain my suspicion of you MULTIPLE TIMES. I also NEVER suspected Mechdragon AT ALL. If you throw me under the bus like this then you're committing murder in broad daylight.
Umm, I said you didn't explain UNTIL the day phase which you obviously did explain. telling me I'm "commiting murder in broad daylight" by saying this blowing this out of proporation. But I want to stop arguing over this, and I don't see why this is frustrating you this much.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...
Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2372
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Unidentified » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Well, the mafia deserved the win. Well played. As for the town, I guess we should have interrogated more people.

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Danny » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:09 pm

MosaicMario wrote:
Danny wrote:
Danny wrote:i was trying to try suspicion back around on Danny, i was legit suspicious of why he was not just so quick to vote for me RIGHT after i voted for MECH but also not say crap about his suspicion of me and be so quick to vote in the same post. Another reason i was getting so suspicious of him was that we had already suspected him earlier,
which only increased the suspicion i had.
Excuse me, but I did give and explain my suspicion of you MULTIPLE TIMES. I also NEVER suspected Mechdragon AT ALL. If you throw me under the bus like this then you're committing murder in broad daylight.
Umm, I said you didn't explain UNTIL the day phase which you obviously did explain. telling me I'm "commiting murder in broad daylight" by saying this blowing this out of proporation. But I want to stop arguing over this, and I don't see why this is frustrating you this much.
Frustrating me? You must be joking.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Contact:

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Mosaic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Danny wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:
Danny wrote: Excuse me, but I did give and explain my suspicion of you MULTIPLE TIMES. I also NEVER suspected Mechdragon AT ALL. If you throw me under the bus like this then you're committing murder in broad daylight.
Umm, I said you didn't explain UNTIL the day phase which you obviously did explain. telling me I'm "commiting murder in broad daylight" by saying this blowing this out of proporation. But I want to stop arguing over this, and I don't see why this is frustrating you this much.
Frustrating me? You must be joking.
Danny wrote:then you're committing murder in broad daylight.
Why would you say this if you weren't frustrated or mad? And again, could you just stop this attitude?
Edit:
Also, yes, I know that you actually did explain your lead againist me, I was just stating that it was in the same post that you made the vote which people don't usually do, thats all it was, I'm not trying to throw you under the bus, i was just explaining why I had actual suspicion againist you.
Last edited by Mosaic on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...
Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


User avatar
116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby 116taj » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:19 pm

I wasn't really inactive, I just didn't want that much suspicion on me so I didn't post much.
Sorry if it isn't what this game is about but on the mafia logs that I posted I was more active because I had nothing to worry about.
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2372
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Unidentified » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Tbh you should post, depending on what you say you can get people to trust you and get a much lower chance of getting lynched. Eventually people will start going for people that post less, so at least try to make people believe that you are active.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Contact:

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Electriking » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:28 pm

116taj wrote:I wasn't really inactive, I just didn't want that much suspicion on me so I didn't post much.
Sorry if it isn't what this game is about but on the mafia logs that I posted I was more active because I had nothing to worry about.
Posting little to avoid suspicion makes you more suspicious.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Noodle
Banned
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:34 am

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby Noodle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:35 pm

You voted ME to protect 8flight? He was MAFIA!
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?
Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.
Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

User avatar
116taj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Re: M43: True Barebones - POSTGAME

Postby 116taj » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Electriking wrote:
116taj wrote:I wasn't really inactive, I just didn't want that much suspicion on me so I didn't post much.
Sorry if it isn't what this game is about but on the mafia logs that I posted I was more active because I had nothing to worry about.
Posting little to avoid suspicion makes you more suspicious.
Well, nobody suspected me so I think it worked.
Noodle wrote:You voted ME to protect 8flight? He was MAFIA!
Yeah, but nobody took you seriously because of your reasoning plus the mistakes you made in M40.
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests