M39 Host Sign-ups (Poll Phase 2!)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What game do you want to play in for M39?

Poll ended at Thu May 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Let's raise the flag of rebellion - ShadowStarX
14%
Terror is around every corner - witchking666
29%
The Ultimate Deception - Zeldamaster12
25%
Beauty of Annihilation - TLtimelord
32%

Total votes: 28
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Re: M39 Host Sign-ups

Postby TLtimelord » Mon May 01, 2017 2:31 am

Danny wrote:Looks pretty good. Expect a lot of KitBs.
Sweet. C'mon guys vote my game we'll get the record of KitB's. Doooo it.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon May 01, 2017 2:34 am

While revising your games, I would advise you to read this.

While it is not exactly a Mafia rule, it is a general guideline to follow by when creating your Mafia game, and this will further be mentioned in future host sign-up threads.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:50 am

So I got one of the only four fully approved games, but question:

Pseudo wrote:The Amnesiac's cardflip makes its name literally impossible to read against the white block background; I actually thought you hadn't given the third party a name at first. Please change it to something more clear, probably black.
Otherwise looks good, though. Approved.
Mainly about the cardflip. I can not find a BBC code that makes the text clear. Is there a text effect to make the name visible and clear? (Clear as in see through). Black is still a color after all.

ImageImageImage

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:18 am

I removed the inspection ability from the General. Im guessing i'm good now.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 am

Pseudo wrote:I don't think the Recruiter should be able to transform townies into scared townies; the recruiting ability is already strong enough as-is, and there are already few normal townies.
In fact, I might add another normal townie or two, but it's not required.
Given the role list in this game and its other powers, the Assassin would get very little out of using other roles' abilities realistically.
The Assassin's disguising seems a bit too expensive; I wouldn't say that's worth the equivalent of 3 inspections. I would lower the price down to 10 pounds.
Otherwise looks good.
1) I removed the scare ability
2) I replaced the Psychariatrist with a townie. I feel that if no one can scare a normal townie then a scared townie should not be put through therapy either
3 + 4) I changed some of the items he can buy
Danny wrote:Just what Pseudo said. Also, I'd darken that yellow color a bit, so it's easier on the eyes.

I have changed the color from FFBF00 to FF8000.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Doesntpostverymuch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: Resting
Chat Username: Doesntpostverymuch

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Mon May 01, 2017 7:27 am

Pseudo wrote:Six blues (plus a blue miller) is too many, especially with a fairly weak mafia and a big town. I would remove at least one of them (probably without being replaced by a townie), bringing the total down to 5. Which blue(s) you remove is your choice.
Removed Ecoil, because they had no purpose
Danny wrote:What Pseudo said, and on top of that, the layout and formatting of the game is very messy, I would fix it up a bit.
[/quote]
Moved all names together like in everyone else's games.
i'm not very good at level design, please be specfic and tolerant of my ingorance.
Spinda wrote:by honestly I mean honestly
Try to guess what this next one means out of context
Supershroom wrote:Yeah, let's not please push on it this hard and then we'll get it hopefully.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
TLtimelord wrote:"Cunt" was a bit aggressive, my bad
thehelmetguy1 wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:People may as well stop submitting since this game's going to win either way.
I made the next one by accident
PixelPest wrote:Have you actually looked at how long
Witchking666 wrote:Ooh werewolves!
Approved!
I am highly autistic and get into misunderstandings easily. I also have ADHD.

What are you doing still looking at my post? scroll down to the next one!

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Mon May 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Danny wrote:While revising your games, I would advise you to read this.

While it is not exactly a Mafia rule, it is a general guideline to follow by when creating your Mafia game, and this will further be mentioned in future host sign-up threads.
So in the case of my game I would basically have to change the idea of the game entirely.

If you give information to a dead player who isn't on your side, that's honestly your own fault. Even in games without reviving roles, there's literally no reason to give them information, UNLESS:

If you're in the Mafia (or blue alliance) and you give information to a dead player who could be revived later, chances are they would get that information anyway when they get revived. It'd be useless to them while they're dead because they can't act upon it, but again, when they get revived, they'll could still get that post-mortem information anyway. The only "advantage" that they get is that they get that information earlier and can still private scheme with their team, but they can still do that even without a reviving role.

I don't understand the logic. If you could explain further, please do.
Steam:
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:52 pm

PaperPlayerX wrote:
Danny wrote:While revising your games, I would advise you to read this.

So in the case of my game I would basically have to change the idea of the game entirely.

If you give information to a dead player who isn't on your side, that's honestly your own fault. Even in games without reviving roles, there's literally no reason to give them information, UNLESS:

If you're in the Mafia (or blue alliance) and you give information to a dead player who could be revived later, chances are they would get that information anyway when they get revived. It'd be useless to them while they're dead because they can't act upon it, but again, when they get revived, they'll could still get that post-mortem information anyway. The only "advantage" that they get is that they get that information earlier and can still private scheme with their team, but they can still do that even without a reviving role.

I don't understand the logic. If you could explain further, please do.
I know the feeling all too well, I was in the middle of a death based mafia game when this rule got announced. And that game contained several roles now considered banned. At first, I also thought the rule was total bullshit. (My initial reaction can be seen in the mafia discussion. But Danny spent over an hour talking sence into me until I finally understood how thoroughly broken these roles are. You cannot trust your players they won't talk about mafia after they died. And since you litterally have zero control over DM/PM's you are basically signing up for death. It really hurts saying this but please just trust the staff ok? I suggest you make a new game for M40 using different roles. Try tweaking/merging/reversing existing roles instead of creating new ones. It's much easier and the risk of making broken roles drops rapidly.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Danny wrote:Hey guys, just for future reference, you don't have to post a reserve (there are no spots to fill really lol), and you don't have to copy over previous GM reviews, since that stuff just gets re-reviewed anyway.
The only reason I write "-Reserved-" is so I can have my game on the first page. It makes voting easier if all games are next to each other.

ImageImageImage

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Mon May 01, 2017 6:04 pm

I begrudgingly removed the revival aspect of the Timelord's ability from my game, but now I feel like he's rather under powered. The revival aspect was what made him so powerful in the first place.
There is no way in hell I'm going to submit a different game just because of this, so if anyone has suggestions of abilities the Timelord could have (instead of revival) that involves his phase-rewind mechanic, that would be real neato.
Steam:
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Mon May 01, 2017 6:27 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Waddle Derp wrote:
Are you still planning on submitting?
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Mon May 01, 2017 6:39 pm

I re-reviewed all games up until now, just waiting on further revisions/submissions to be made.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Mon May 01, 2017 8:00 pm

I buffed the subcon a bit, but also:
Danny wrote:As Pseudo said, but I still think the health/heart system will be too slow and result in one-sided battles. Doesn't give off a Mafia vibe.
[/quote]

I still don't see how it would slow down the game at all, since the heroes still get a collaborative nightkill along with the heart mechanic.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Mon May 01, 2017 8:20 pm

MosaicMario wrote:
Danny wrote:As Pseudo said, but I still think the health/heart system will be too slow and result in one-sided battles. Doesn't give off a Mafia vibe.
I still don't see how it would slow down the game at all, since the heroes still get a collaborative nightkill along with the heart mechanic.
With the ability to replenish hearts, and with the Subspace Mushroom regenerating all lost hearts, lynching and nightkills are really the only way to get a confirmed kill on somebody. On top of that, it's a lot to keep track of, especially for each individual player.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?

Postby Mosaic » Mon May 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Danny wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:
With the ability to replenish hearts, and with the Subspace Mushroom regenerating all lost hearts, lynching and nightkills are really the only way to get a confirmed kill on somebody. On top of that, it's a lot to keep track of, especially for each individual player.
I could make it replenish less, like only 2 or something, also, yeah, i know it's alot to keep track of, but i could keep it typed
out on a sheet.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:30 am

So far we have 8 approved games. (Submitted by ShadowStarX, Mechdragon777, PaperplayerX, King of Eternity, Witchking666, Zeldamaster12, Doesntpostverymuch, TLtimelord.)
One game that hasn't been approved yet (MosaicMario)
And a disqualified game (Supershroom).

Could you please get your shit together Mosaic, then we can get that poll going.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Tue May 02, 2017 4:21 am

witchking666 wrote:Could you please get your shit together
+1 rep
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Tue May 02, 2017 4:42 am

I'm no longer planning to submit since I'm rooting for an already approved game so like what's the point

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Tue May 02, 2017 9:11 am

Pseudo wrote:
Please just re-review so we can get the ball rolling

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Re: M39 Host Sign-ups (Poll now available!)

Postby Pseudo » Tue May 02, 2017 1:57 pm

The poll is up! Remember, you can vote for as many games as you'd like. The top 3 games will be sent to runoff voting once this poll ends in 48 hours.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Return to “Mafia”