M38 TAKE TWO: The Mafia Returns (TOWN VICTORY)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Cedur
Toad
Toad

Re: M38 TAKE TWO: The Mafia Returns (Night 2)

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:30 pm

By the way, Ness-Wednesday hasn't been online since the 15th, in case anyone's wondering. I can't use him as a mouthpiece. Despite being a confirmed townie, I don't see any harm with him being replaced by KoE.

Suspicions for the moment

Pseudo, PaperPlayerX: Once again, you two were the first and pretty much only people to accuse me despite, this time, clear evidence of innocence. You two agree on many things. And Pseudo being in jail doesn't say anything about guilt or innocence.

ShadowStar: After some talk, and now thinking that Witchking didn't claim anything to him (no evidence for that!), suspicion eases off a bit, but exists still.

Zeldamaster12: You seem off too, suspecting me to be a potential SK. Last time you defended me with consistent logic, and only because I was still a mafioso, you now think differently?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: Shroom's suspicion on me

The vigi shouldn't kill you or anything, but the only evidence we have for you being innocent is meta-evidence and you could've been online and invisible at some point. I don't think you're definitely evil or anything, just that you were a fairly good suspect on Day 1. Perhaps less so now that we have all this information from you. The blackmail made it tricky to judge you during Day 1 as well.

PaperPlayer and i came to agreements with each other on Discord, you can see that in the logs if you want. We aren't in league with each other past players discussing suspicions.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Supershroom wrote:You seem off too, suspecting me to be a potential SK. Last time you defended me with consistent logic, and only because I was still a mafioso, you now think differently?
The fact that two blues died last night felt off, and I don't think you are Mafia, so I said you could be SK and I wanted you to be jailed tonight to be sure (even then it's a good idea for you to be jailed anyways so you're not killed). I hardly suspect you as SK, so you should take that with a grain of salt, as only one night phase has occurred and there's not a whole lot of evidence against you besides the fact that two blues were killed.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Mega wrote:I mean, I know for a fact he was sleeping. I've known the man long enough to know the general times he sleeps
So now, Pseudo, don't you still see that the meta evidence is more than enough?
Pseudo wrote:The blackmail made it tricky to judge you during Day 1 as well.
If anything the blackmail made it very easy to judge. Not only I was transported and the other transported person was silenced, so I ended up being silenced (which makes the driver way too OP, if it was up to me the Driver shouldn't be allowed to transport people who the mafia uses other actions upon), but also: If I was mafia, it would have been a way too big risk to be silenced if I needed to defend myself. (and I also can't be the SK for the reason above)

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:08 pm

The Jailkeeper MUST protect Shroom, unless it was TNT

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:11 pm

By the way, I haven't decided yet with the sheriff to inspect either Pseudo or PPX, but one of them will definitely be inspected.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Supershroom wrote:
Mega wrote:I mean, I know for a fact he was sleeping. I've known the man long enough to know the general times he sleeps
So now, Pseudo, don't you still see that the meta evidence is more than enough?
I stayed up unreasonably late one night playing Mario Run and many of my friends can attest to the fact that I usually go to bed somewhat early, so again, that means nothing. You don't really give me that off vibe though so I'm not too worried about you personally rn, but still, two specials being killed N1 is kinda, well, odd

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Even if I happened to stay up and being onlineextraordinarily late, you could expect me to have said at least something on the reroll.

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Not if you got a good role. And by good I mean bad

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:56 pm

I'd also like to put it out there again that Shroom not only had opportunity to come online as a Hidden User but also admits to receiving two claims of Blue roles before Day 1; and two Blues died at the end of that Night

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:09 pm

And there's five blues.

Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: When's Mafia
Current Project: "nothing"
Chat Username: Nanaya Jacob

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:11 pm

stop trying to witch hunt shroom, they are inno as proven before
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:19 pm

<Shroom> Today at 10:01 PM I'm really getting impatient with you
at this point you've pretty much screwed yourself anyway: either you're blue and you've exposed yourself with your inreasonably paranoid behaviour, or you're not blue and I have all rights to think of you as scum.
at least if you're the last blue, let me know your role
<PixelPest> 10:11 PM Although if you want to think of me as scum
Might end up Lynching the last Blue
<Shroom> 10:11 PM THEN STOP THIS SHIT AND CLAIM
quit with the hide-and-seek
you're pretty much a gamethrower with your paranoia
<PixelPest> 10:12 PM That's not what that means at all lol
But no I refuse to claim to you since there's too little evidence so until I feel a little better about this
You won't hear from me
<Shroom> 10:13 PM One last time: If you don't claim to me then I'll tell the Crier to announce "lynch PixelPest"
because then you don't deserve anything else and it's 100% your responsibility
you absolutely wreck the town
<PixelPest> 10:14 PM Keep blackmailing me and I'll ruin you
This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Despite multiple evidence for my evidence and multiple people being on my side, you keep denying it, and at this point if you're the last blue your identity is revealed or you're absolute scum. If you don't claim to me then we'll lynch you. The crier will let the town know even if I'm silenced.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:04 pm

It is the end of the Night.

While taking a midnight stroll through the park, Zeldamaster12 was ambushed by an unknown assailant!

An attempt was also made on Supershroom's life tonight.

The next morning, the daily newspaper rolls out.
"lynch PixelPest for sabotaging the alliance, unless we receive a blue inspection result -- signed by Shroom"
ShadowStarX is green -Signed Sheriff
We think ShadowStarX may be the Godfather. Other suspicions are PixelPest, Pseudo, and PaperPlayerX for targeting Supershroom. It's my 2 cents to add -DU"

It is now Day 2. Day will end at 8 PM EST April 20th, or if there is an insta.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Re: M38 TAKE TWO: The Mafia Returns (Day 2)

Postby Mosaic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Wow, it looks like the SK is doing our work for us, course though, he could have been miller, but that's unlikely.

Anyway, for who i think we should lynch, i'm leaning towards either ShadowStarX or Pixelpest, what do you guys think is better? i'm thinking more towards Shadowstar though.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Just want to say for the record that the only real suspicious I had for Shroom were based on hypothetical situations. I don't necessarily believe in him being scum now, but the possibilities I presented in the Discord were agreed upon by multiple people when they were initially discussed.

The situation in particular (for those who don't use the Discord for some reason) was that Shroom could've been pulling an elaborate ruse to get the blues killed early on, though I highly doubt that's what he's doing now. he's definitely capable of doing so, but not this game.
Steam:
Spoiler: show
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm

OK, so Serial Killer is basically confirmed now unless the vigi or veteran killed Zeldamaster. Hopefully he was a mafioso in any case - he was suspected by Shroom so I'm hopeful. It's looking like we should lynch PixelPest based on what Shroom said, but it seems prudent to wait for his direction. I'm much more inclined to trust him now that a second set of blues didn't die.

Good job to the jailkeeper (?) by the way, keeping Shroom safe.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:51 pm

I'll just throw my little piece in here that I posted on Discord:

Via DM last Night Shroom tried to blackmail me into claiming to him and said that if I didn't that's what he would post. I still don't trust him especially after that and he wants me Lynched because I'm supposedly ruining the Town alliance and gamethrowing because I'm paranoid. Here's some of what he sent me:

"you're pretty much a gamethrower with your paranoia"
"One last time: If you don't claim to me then I'll tell the Crier to announce 'lynch PixelPest'"
"because then you don't deserve anything else and it's 100% your responsibility
"you absolutely wreck the town"

I am legitimately paranoid since two Blues are dead, including one who claimed to Shroom, and there's no real evidence to support his innocence from my POV. There's no evidence against me tbh. I haven't inhibited the formation of an alliance, I tried to ensure its success.

Here's my paranoid conspiracy theory: I feel that Shroom might be trying to pin a Lynch on me since I'm probably the only one who's really obviously not trusting him in an outward manner. This would get rid of a lot of trouble for him. If he is Mafia (or Serial Killer), he could easily manipulate the Blues and have killed one N1 that claimed to him. Since he seems to have things under control rn, he didn't necessarily need a kill of one of the Blues again on N2 because then he would seem much more suspicious and N1 just seems like an unlucky circumstance for the Town.

Just to be clear though, this is solely a theory. I'm not suggesting we immediately pile on and Lynch Shroom, but I think it's reasonable for me to explain why I'm still a little unsure of him and show why this is a really silly excuse for a Lynch on his part. I have been pro-Town the whole game

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Let's wait for Shroom's answer

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:59 pm

And by answer I mean what he is gonna say

Return to “Mafia”