M36 POST-GAME

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

M36 POST-GAME

Postby Waddle » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Aight welcome welcome all you fantastic failures, to the POST GAME TOPIC. I have a few things to share with you which include:

• This people list ft. roles:

Spoiler: show
- Sanct = Shaman
- Megar = Guard
- Nanaya Jacob = Sun Aco
- Syndrilevosse = Golem
- Witchking666 = Augur

- 777NOGARDHCEM = Priest
- Thehelmetguy1 = Artist
- Pseudo = Beast
- MosaicMario = Moon Aco

- RudeGuy07 = Town
- King of Eterity = Town
- Shroom = Town
- ShadowstarX = Town
- Bossedit8 = Town
- Mixivion = Town

- Tsutsumi-Chan = Lunatic
- Yoshi021 = Lunatic

- Zeldamaster12 = Eclipser
  • This activity log which perfectly shows when I lost interest in the game (jk but thats where it got boring):

NIGHT 1

Zeldamaster12 kills Syndrilevosse
Mafia kills Sanct
Mech inspects ZM

DAY 1

Witchking666 inspects Nanaya Jacob

NIGHT 2

Pseudo doesn’t do shit
Mech inspects Shroom
ZM Murders Pseudo
Megar protects Jacob

DAY 2

Shadowstar was lynched

NIGHT 3

Shroom painted
Shroom protected
ZM roleblocked
ZM kills Helmet1

DAY 3

Helmet1 lynched

NIGHT 4

Megar dies to mafia
Shroom protected
ZM roleblocked
  • Summary ft. my opinion should you care:

This game was an absolute mess and I cannot emphasize my overall disapointment towards all of you enough. Nanaya Jacob's inactivity and ineptitude lead to the town's strategy falling to pieces. Due to the lack of an Acolyte claim during the early phases, no alliance was ever formed and the mafia was able to win despite their incredibly mediocre performance. The death of 2 yellows did not help either, but that was sheer chance so I won't blame anyone for that. The third party was found out my the mafia surprisingly quickly but again (despite mechdragon claiming otherwise) this was a result of the odds being in the mafia's favor so again, nobody to shout at here. The last few days were absolutely horrendous, with the most important town members being inactive, the lunatics not speaking to eachother at all and mechdragon's atrocious behavior made me cry on the inside and outside.
  • Player Analysis
- Sanct = Definitely the MVP of the game. You played incredibly well compared to everyone else and I have nothing to complain about. Yay!
- Megar = I'm assuming you were rusty since your playing wasn't as good as it used to be. You protected Shroom once succesfully but didn't achieve anything big aside from that, so you did well in the context of the game I guess.
- Nanaya Jacob = Holy fucking shit you ruined the game basically. The sun Acolyte was supposed to be the town leader, collecting info having gained the trust of the town to initiate lynch votes. You could have won ever so easily but you decided to go missing for most of the game, resulting in Mechdragon taking a leading role which ultimately lead to the town losing.
- Syndrilevosse = You died very early because you're a good player. RIP I guess.
- Witchking666 = You decided to share your role with a mafia member and you died. Woohoo.

- 777NOGARDHCEM = Somehow managed to win the game. I'll clarify, first off, that this barely has anything to do with your skill. The ineptitude of the town and the lack of town specials made it very easy for you, and even then you screwed up by starting obvious bandwagons against people who all turned up townies. The fact that nobody noticed this is basically why you won and your bragging after the game was over was incredibly painful to listen to.
- Thehelmetguy1 = Just kinda seemed to lag behind with the mafia's plans, and simply voted whoever he was told to vote. Didn't play extraordinarily well and also aided Mechdragon in his obvious bandwagoning.
- Pseudo = Mafia's MVP. Despite Mechdragon winning the game, Pseudo laid the foundation for a plan to which the remaining mafia members would stick even after he had died. Very tactical players, and one of the few players who managed to not disappoint me.
- MosaicMario = Wasn't interested in my game so he doesn't get an analysis.

- RudeGuy07 = Your inactivity aided in the town's loss and you just followed mechdragon like a headless chicken and my dissapointment in you is great.
- King of Eterity = Hopped onto bandwagons here and there but played rather ok otherwise.
- Shroom = You managed to gain the town's trust as you were protected by the glimmering guard, and you took the lead whilst alive which proved helpful considering the loutish attitude of the rest of the town. After your death the town basically stopped thinking, so you must've played a prevalent role in that regard.
- ShadowstarX = What the fucking fuck where you thinking? Instead of trying to defend yourself you somehow decided to dig your own grave rather than trying to prove your innocence which frankly shouldn't have been too hard considering there was little to no evidence against you. Your death, in my eyes, basically caused the town to just give the fuck up as well and quit playing.
- Bossedit8 = More quiet than a fucking tree, and was killed off in the end. Wooooo.
- Mixivion = You were surprisingly inactive this game, which is a shame because you're quite a good player otherwise. You died rather late not having done much for the town though.

- Tsutsumi-Chan = Lived up to their role. Didn't say anything to their lunatic friend and just died off without having done much, if anything at all.
- Yoshi021 = Basically what I wrote for Tsutsumi-Chan except you managed to fuck up even more by being inactive in what some would consider the climax of the game despite it having more of a tragic ending.

- Zeldamaster12 = YOU TRIED SO HARD, AND GOT SO FAAAAR BUT IN THE EEEEEEND IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTEEEEEERRRR you really did play well throughout your time spent alive, and it's such a shame you were weeded out by the mafia by sheer chance and roleblocked every night since, until they started this painfully obvious bandwagon against you that nobody took notice of.

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Re: M36 POST-GAME

Postby Megar » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Aye, you got me there. Two years without a game of Mafia has messed me up a bit.

Next time, though~~
disgusting

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:10 pm

also pay no attention the fact i tried to protect jacob i forgot he was immune to nightkills aaaaa
disgusting

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: Mark your calendars.
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Sancles-Chan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:11 pm

I'm really fucking annoyed that I died on night 1
She/Her

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: Mark your calendars.
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Sancles-Chan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Sanct wrote:I'm really fucking annoyed that I died on night 1
Please don't remove the double post, otherwise the joke isn't as good.
She/Her

Unidentified
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Unidentified » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Waddle Derp wrote: NIGHT 3

ZM kills Helmet1

DAY 3

Helmet1 lynched
lol
Waddle Derp wrote:- Thehelmetguy1 = Just kinda seemed to lag behind with the mafia's plans, and simply voted whoever he was told to vote. Didn't play extraordinarily well and also aided Mechdragon in his obvious bandwagoning.
Waddle Derp wrote:- Thehelmetguy1 = Just kinda seemed to lag behind with the mafia's plans, and simply voted whoever he was told to vote. Didn't play extraordinarily well and also aided Mechdragon in his obvious bandwagoning.
Jokes apart, I sincerely expected a worse analysis for me, my playing was just bad. I mean, I fucking did two arguments that contradicted each other. I FUCKING DID TWO ARGUMENTS THAT CONTRADICTED EACH OTHER.
I believe that this bad playing was due to overconfidence and cracking under pressure, doing reckless moves. I think I did a nice job in M35, but in M36, my playing was incredibly bad. I guess the great reason of this is unexperience.
Well, now I will tell my thoughts here. First off, when tension stopped, I looked at my defense arguments and I was like "Wow, I suck."
So, as a final desperate attempt to save myself, I snipe voted ZM to force a kitb, even though that still wasn't that much of a good playing. But KOE was there and he voted for me. So I claimed mafia because it didn't matter anyways, and said ZM was Third Party even though the chance of anyone believing in me was like 0,000000000000000001.
But then, Mech and Mosaic, the two smarties, started to repeat the mistakes that led me to getting lynched. I wanted so hard to punch both and yell STOP FUCKING REPEATING MY MISTAKES.
Both were doing this, and they wouldn't stop making bad and weak arguments. And guess what happens? Mosaic is almost lynched, but the bandwagon ends up passing to ZM.
So, in the next day, Mosaic is actually lynched and only one member is left.
After ZM and Shroom died, the town started to do a pretty shitty playing. Mech was the last member. How the fuck did no one notice this? It was too obvious. And the town seriously thought that doing a kitb was a good idea? To make things worse, Mivixion was the one who said that. Wow. Just wow.
Overall, the performance of most people in this game, including me, was pretty bad, the town clearly didn't even try in the last moments of the game, our win was undeserved and total bullshit, and this game ended up as a total failure, even though the idea was cool.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Electriking » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:09 pm

TBH I wished I voted Mech on day 6 (The day no one voted) but I was doing other things and the phase passed unnoticed :( My death was probably the final nail in the coffin.
Signatures are overrated

Danny
Mouser
Mouser
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Danny » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Good game guys. :)
You might know me as LMNtals, Syndrilevosse, Danny, or 8bitmushroom.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Unidentified
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Unidentified » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:29 pm

Except that the town's performance was pretty bad by the end of the game.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Yeah inactivity caught it on... need to improve on that on the next game!

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Pseudo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Thanks for the MVP vote Waddle! In any case yeah this was kind of a disappointing game, from what I saw in the later phases. Our plan to contact Zeldamaster may not totally have worked out, but we managed to scrounge out a win, even if that was mostly influenced by inactivity, I suppose. PLEASE BE MORE ACTIVE PEOPLE

and see you next game!
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Still want to know how Sanct is MVP. Anyway, I still do not think we deserve the win.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:20 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Still want to know how Sanct is MVP. Anyway, I still do not think we deserve the win.
I think it's basically sarcasm saying that he died so early that he didn't have time to mess up. And also, you've said that multiple times and I have a feeling I'm not the only person tired of hearing you whining about winning

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Cedur » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:57 am

Jacob said something about losing internet access during the final phases and he's also Japanese so he had a significant timezone letdown compared to how the phase shifts were placed, so I think you're still a little too harsh with him, Waddle

And also wouldn't I actually qualify for MVP? :)
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Pseudo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:03 am

^
I'm like 80% sure Jacob lives in the US or Canada (but I admittedly could be wrong).

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Cedur » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:09 am

I feel like doing a "normal" analysis with the info an outstander can have:
Mechdragon: Obviously you acted like a Mafioso through the end. You talked quite contradictorily, you even suspected Jacob to eventually not be the Sun Acolyte. Read more thoroughly about player abilities and role mechanics. But yeah nobody noticed that.

Mosaic: Yeah for the future, you know to keep defending himself further and to not confess himself as Mafia so quickly.

Pseudo: Died Night 2 (well ... she shouldn't have died since he was the Moon Beast?) so not a big impact aside from private Mafia talk.

thehelmetguy1: You still need to learn more self-control. You've been rather repetitive with your phrases and you've sometimes been Mr. Obvious a little bit too often. You practically gave yourself away with your statements Night 3, but that's not uncommon to happen. Just don't beat yourself so hardly about it. You're still a very promising player.

Nanaya Jacob: Yeah, idk how much computer access you had throughout the game, but surely you should have understood your leading position better and communicated more with the people you were allied with.

Syndrilevosse, Sanct: Both died Night 1 yeah.

witchking666: Saying "I need protection" is completely admission that you're a special. Last game you successfully infiltrated the blue alliance, this time you gave yourself away to someone who wasn't confirmed and therefore shouldn't be trusted ever.

Megar: Could have been a bit more talkative. You had a good nose for protecting me, you could have also decided to protect a skilled player Night 1 though, even at the risk of them maybe being scum.

Tsutsumi-Chan: Too less presence through both iterations. I'm still curious what you did to literally expose yourself to Sanct in the first game, and in the second you just missed the chance to communicate with Yoshi021 when both of you couldn't be converted after ZM's death.

Yoshi021: You spent very few thought on your lynch votes, though voting Mosaic on Day 4 within the ZM bandwagon might have served as something to confirm him innocent. Revenge-voting bossedit was plain silly and added a bit to looking suspicious. You should both have agreed on a different lynch target.

ShadowStarX: That bandwagon at Day 2 was unfortunate, but still, you should show more composure in such a situation.

Shroom: I guess I demonstrated that all thoughts of "townie roles are not very important" are complete nonsense. I should have been louder on pressuring Mechdragon Night 5, I had slight hopes to survive, thinking that the last mafia might try killing a lunatic already, but it wasn't to be.

RudeGuy: You've been notoriously inactive in the past already and this time you also didn't really give an effort to stand up for yourself and gain evidence himself and to defend yourself against getting bandwagoned last day.

bossedit8: Well, this has been only your second game so you're the least to blame for not finding out Mech. Hoping to see you again, as you said you're gonna improve activity.

Mivixion: I would have expected you to strategize a lot more, and especially not to leave it with a random kitb against people who weren't even suspicious. As I said, you were too hesitant.

King of Eterity: You did a good job on confirming yourself innocent, but you should also have talked a bit more, and taken the guts to vote on Day 6.

Zeldamaster12: Practically all chances dwindled away after you got inspected, you made the best out of it. Though, just as a note: If you're TP, you should play for yourself and only yourself and not support any other party after being found out, according to Mafiascum.

Waddle Derp: As said countless times before, using the backups could have made the decisive difference. Also I wasn't told about being inspected Night 2. :p
Last edited by Cedur on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:03 am

Sanct actually, you know, DID SOMETHING
i'm not very good at level design, please be specfic and tolerant of my ingorance.
Spinda wrote:by honestly I mean honestly
Try to guess what this next one means out of context
Supershroom wrote:Yeah, let's not please push on it this hard and then we'll get it hopefully.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
TLtimelord wrote:"Cunt" was a bit aggressive, my bad
thehelmetguy1 wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:People may as well stop submitting since this game's going to win either way.
I made the next one by accident
PixelPest wrote:Have you actually looked at how long
Witchking666 wrote:Ooh werewolves!
Approved!
I am highly autistic and get into misunderstandings easily. I also have ADHD.

What are you doing still looking at my post? scroll down to the next one!

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 am

To be fair I said all of that in my analysis albeit in a more joking way; if that's not your cup of tea since you're a bit too invested in this online game on a Mario forum then read Supershroom's analysis.

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Pseudo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:07 am

Yo I'm a she folks

Not a big deal but y'all keep calling me he in your analysis

- a spam account, 2016

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:46 am

Supershroom wrote:I feel like doing a "normal" analysis with the info an outstander can have:
This is really starting to annoy me TBH. Why do you always have to be so deadly serious? Do you seriously have no humour at all? You also critisized Sanct last game for not being serious, which is fine, I mean, you have got the right to dislike their humour. But why be so judgemental about it man? I personally do like it when the Host is a bit funny and silly every now and then and I am quite certain I am not alone in this. You can give your opinion of course, but don't you think completely rewriting the player analysis in order to make a point is a bit too much?
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

Return to “Mafia”