M35: Frozen Solid End

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Re: M35: Frozen Solid NIGHT 3

Postby Paper » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:13 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:Time is running out. There are only 11 people alive, and 4 of them are ememies to the town. However, as the hunter's apprentice is dead, every red that appears from now on will be mafia. Well, now, assuming the ice spirit can't freeze himself, who can't be him:
Supershroom;
Pseudo;
The dead players(Waddle Derp was the apprentice and ZM couldn't be, since he died night 1 and supershroom was frozen night 2);
Probably Syndrilevosse can't be too, as RSuper was replaced for inactivity.
I also don't think Syndrilevosse is the SS, because of what I said before. He replaced an inactive player.
Pseudo was cleared of suspicion, and the rest, well, let's see what happens.
Who do you think is suspicious?
I'm not too sure of the Syndrilevosse theory. Remember that the Mafia consists of more than one player. RSuper could've been Mafia but not talking to them, so the rest of the Mafia made their decisions.

Other than that, I'm not entirely sure. There seem to be a few players that have been notably absent from discussion but also haven't been removed for inactivity. I know that that may seem a little sketchy, but hear me out:
The fact that Sanct had to announce that RSuper was subbed out after this many phases leads me to suggest he was sending no PMs and (obviously) no posts in the thread.
There are a few other people that haven't posted but haven't been removed either.

Of course, there's always the real, likely possibility that real life caught up to some of them and their timing is inconvenient for the game. That's perfectly fair. But pastabilities are still pastabilities.
Steam:
Spoiler: show
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:36 pm

Yes, even though Syndrilevosse is not likely to be the SS, there is nothing that proves he is not mafia.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:18 pm

What post did Pseudo make so he could appear suspicious? I missed about 12-13 pages of content and I really don't want to read through all of it because I wasn't directly involved. It's hard to get into a game you were a substitute for if nobody gives me some sort of summary on whats been happening anyway, and I don't want to read through 15 pages of information if I could potentially be on the chopping block.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Syndrilevosse wrote:What post did Pseudo make so he could appear suspicious? I missed about 12-13 pages of content and I really don't want to read through all of it because I wasn't directly involved. It's hard to get into a game you were a substitute for if nobody gives me some sort of summary on whats been happening anyway, and I don't want to read through 15 pages of information if I could potentially be on the chopping block.
Basically, Pseudo was threatened (the hunter) so Jacob (the wolf) try to protect her by sacrificing himself. Pseudo gave her suspecious list.

ImageImageImage

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:36 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Syndrilevosse wrote:What post did Pseudo make so he could appear suspicious? I missed about 12-13 pages of content and I really don't want to read through all of it because I wasn't directly involved. It's hard to get into a game you were a substitute for if nobody gives me some sort of summary on whats been happening anyway, and I don't want to read through 15 pages of information if I could potentially be on the chopping block.
Basically, Pseudo was threatened (the hunter) so Jacob (the wolf) try to protect her by sacrificing himself. Pseudo gave her suspecious list.
Where's the suspicions list? And is it confirmed that Pseudo is Hunter, because I don't recall seeing anything about that.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:42 pm

We found it very likely that Pseudo is the hunter

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:48 pm

So who are the leads now, then?

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Ok, I will try to tell what happened up until now. Nothing special happened on night 1, except for ZM and Spinda dying. We assumed ZM was mafia, since chances of him being apprentice were 1 in 4. Then we started strategizing. Mechdragon started with the following strategy:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Anyway, my idea is to have the hunter public claim, and the field medic protect them and to get proof the Zelda master is the hunter's apprentice or a mafia. Not sure, but could not the Now Golem kill and paint the dead another color as well? What if Zelda Master is a normal townie that the snow golem color changed (if I read that ability correctly)
King of Eterity corrected MECHDRAGON, saying the snow golem can actually hide a death once on the game. So, Rudeguy made this post:
RudeGuy07 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Who is up for this plan though? Also, everyone to claim hunter's apprentice can be fakeing their role, in which they are mafia. so when the hunter survives night 2 suggested that the field medic also survives, the field medic can then then make an alliance with the hunter if no one died as the mafia would have targeted the hunter. Who agrees, and if you see flaws, please point then out.
if anyone counterclaims, the wolf tamer should just inspect who counterclaimed. the field medic also shouldn't waste his ability on one of the people who claimed (think about it, why would the mafia kill whoever claimed hunter when one of them tried to counterclaim?) (also i hope i understood the last part of your post)
either way i like this idea
So, I replied with some possibilities of what could have happened, since only two kills were made this night, when the maximum is 4(SM nightkill). We reached the conclusion that the hunter didn't kill anyone that night. Then, interestingly, I asked a question and Pseudo replied with the game master color:
Pseudo wrote:
thehelmetguy1 wrote:Hey, is it ok to start lynch voting?
Yes it is, you can vote any time during a day phase.
We then started to discuss if ZM was apprentice or mafia. We didn't get anywhere.
So, supershroom pointed out that Pseudo replied to me with game master color. We reached the conclusion that Pseudo had been frozen. And we were right. The first relevant thing that happened in night two was this post:
PaperPlayerX wrote:I'd technically argue that it may have been a good thing that we didn't lynch anyone on the first day, because the chances of lynching an innocent townie would be greater than getting a Mafia, especially if one of the Mafia (or the miller) has already died and a lack of leads. Probably would've contributed something else earlier if I hadn't had school.

An important issue we should address is that two people died Night 1.
Normally, this wouldn't mean much considering most games have (of course) the Mafia and a vig doing the killing, but remember that this game we also have a third party.

This means, one of the three killing parties was either inactive or role-blocked, or the third kill was coincidentally covered up by the ice golem (which I think we already established, the last one).

If one of those kills was from the Soul Salesman, he is now already powerful enough to block someone or find out their color, and will only get stronger as the game continues.
So, we talked a bit about the SS. I then pointed out that role power usage still applied for the SS. So MECHDRAGON suggested again a blue alliance. We discussed about this for pretty much the whole night. We didn't get any leads. Waddle Derp and MosaicMario died in the night. So, in day 2, a lot of things happened. The begginning was basically us analyzing the events of night 2. So, this happened:
thehelmetguy1 wrote:"Pseudo was frozen for the entire day 1, much probably because she is an experient player. And we will have to see if Pseudo is Mafia. If she is not, Mafia will probably kill her this night. If she is, the SS will probably kill her this night. Unless Pseudo has a role that is immune to nightkills, this will probably happen since she is experient and may give trouble to enemy teams. Taking this as a base, we can find clues to Pseudo's role."
These were my thoughts during night 2. So, Pseudo is clearly neither dead nor frozen. And she is an experient player. Why would neither the mafia nor the SS kill her? I assume that one of them attempted to kill Pseudo and failed, because her role is immune to nightkills, or she was protected by the medic. They are clearly attempting to kill the more experient players, like ZM, Spinda and others. However this means that the hunter killed someone this night. As we know, it wouldn't be intelligent for the SM to nightkill. Well, based on this, Pseudo can easily be a role that is immune to nightkills. These roles are:
-Ghostly Townie;
-Banished Townie;
-Soul Salesman.
There is quite a chance that Pseudo is not in the town's side. Hey, just a question now, is mafia kill considered as a nightkill? Are players that are immune to nightkills also immune to Mafia Kills?
thehelmetguy1 wrote:Ok, from what I saw a mafia kill is considered as a nightkill. So, Pseudo's role is possibly immune to night kills. It might not be certain; The medic could have protected Pseudo, but if not, it is likely that she is not from the town, as chances that she is are 1 in 3. Anyways, do you think Pseudo was protected by the medic?
It became the discussion topic of the day. Pseudo attempted to defend herself, without anything to backup her arguments. Then, she just sent a suspicion list, that became the new discussion topic. Then at some point, people started to vote for Pseudo, because of that previous post. Pseudo claimed to be the hunter then. She safety voted for King of Eterity. So, a Bandwagon happened. Who was protecting Pseudo ended up voting on Eterity for no reason. Jacob then stepped in saying he had contact with the wolf tamer and that he confirmed Pseudo was blue.
We then started talking about whether we should lynch Pseudo or not. So, in the end, suspicion passed to Jacob because of a suspicious post he had made on day 1.
We started talking about this suspicion until 7 people had voted for him, then an insta happened.
Sanct wrote:ALRIGHT, SO THIS DAY PHASE WAS A COMPLETE FUCKING MESS, LET'S TAKE A BREAK AND SWITCH IT TO THE NIGHT PHASE 3. IT IS NOW NIGHT 3, IT'LL END AT 6:15 PM CET TOMMOROW (JANUARY 16th)

IT'S AN INSTA, YO
Nanaya Jacob tried defending himself but then everyone started throwing chairs at him and he got many concussions
Nanaya Jacob has been lynched

If my non-seriousness is annoying you guys, feel free to tell me. I'll stop if it's annoying a lot of people.
And it was in that moment we knew we fucked up.
We started with posts like: "I can't believe we lynched a blue", or "we just lynched a blue. Fuck".
We assumed that Jacob was the tamer since it was most likely. If this is true, Pseudo is the hunter. On day two, she said waddle derp was the apprentice. Then I came with this post:
thehelmetguy1 wrote:Supershroom was frozen for the entire day 2. He was the only one that didn't post(I might be wrong, correct me if I am). So, ZM was not the ice spirit, as the ice spirit is probably alive. He also was nightkilled, so he is not the Banished townie. What do you think? Was ZM the Skeletal Miner or the Snow Golem?
Also, we might have screwed up REALLY hard, even more than it seems. Why? Jacob was probably the tamer. That means Pseudo was most likely the hunter. That means they were probably allied. That means we might have destroyed a blue alliance. So yeah, we fucked up REALLY hard.
And then we started talking about a blue alliance between Pseudo and the medic. And yeah, I don't see any need to continue this. The rest is in page 14 and in this one.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:07 pm

I've been contacted by several blue claimers, so I will be able to speak from the town alliance from here on out since my role is already known.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Pseudo wrote:I've been contacted by several blue claimers, so I will be able to speak from the town alliance from here on out since my role is already known.
Here's hoping the doctor keeps you alive.

Alright, well hopefully we come up with some leads soon, those things are useful.
witchking666 wrote:
thehelmetguy1 wrote:Yeah, in the last mafia, a important role died day 1 and town won anyways.
That was also mostly because Danny's town was rediculously overpowered to a one-man mafia.
Yeah but people also didn't take that game seriously either. :cry:

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Pseudo wrote:I've been contacted by several blue claimers, so I will be able to speak from the town alliance from here on out since my role is already known.
Have you received any conflicting claims yet? As in, more than one person claiming to be the same role? Not asking for names, just wondering.
Steam:

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Forgot to add this:
I'm asking mainly because I think I know an easy way to trick the fake claimers. Of course, that's for PMs and not public discussion, for obvious reasons.
Steam:

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:51 pm

PaperPlayerX wrote:Forgot to add this:
I'm asking mainly because I think I know an easy way to trick the fake claimers. Of course, that's for PMs and not public discussion, for obvious reasons.
I think you and I may have the same idea, if what I'm thinking is what you're thinking, but if the Mafia was smart enough, they'd probably have figured it out anyway.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:06 am

PaperPlayerX wrote:Forgot to add this:
I have not, and I have reasonable confidence that the claims I've received are legitimate.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:51 am

Syndrilevosse wrote:So who are the leads now, then?
I dont know, last day phase was too much of a clusterfuck for me to be able to suck leads out of it.
Maybe we should examine that for awhile.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:34 am

So all of yesterday's activity is dead all of a sudden?
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:44 am

This seems a bit more quiet than usual.

ImageImageImage

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:50 am

All of the power (sleep) PMs have been sent, I will end the phase in an hour in case someone wants to change their power usage
I go by She/Her for everyone.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:00 am

Before the phase ends, I want say that I think the mafia and soul salesman are working together.

ImageImageImage

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:02 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Before the phase ends, I want say that I think the mafia and soul salesman are working together.
It is indeed possible, but if it is true, the alliance has started at least on day 1. Remember, a mafia was nightkilled on night 1 and Pseudo said she didn't kill anyone yet.

Return to “Mafia”