M26: Balance of Power - DAY 5

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
TheLordKhon
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: M26: Balance of Power - DAY 4

Postby TheLordKhon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:45 pm

qig trusted joey and nobody counterclaimed his role if you're voting him off it's going to be pretty much game over

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 pm

If that's GG then why hasn't Joey killed anyone? He supposedly had concrete suspicions against Zeldamaster.

I'll change to Zeldamaster if Joey gives us a good explanation but for now there's more evidence against him, I think.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Er, well, he's saying he's not the vigi now but then who is? Someone still would've counterclaimed at this point, I think. Whether Joey is the vigi or not doesn't change that he was claiming to be.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

TheLordKhon
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TheLordKhon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:57 pm

he's claiming that he's not the vigi to disorient a potential mafia

he didn't kill anyone because he didn't want to risk killing a blue or any townie

and we're short off of blues and townies and if we're going to lose more it's going to be a disaster

and ragont the sheriff confirmed me and qig that joey was infact blue

Fyrus
Bit
Bit

Postby Fyrus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:59 pm

that's a valid point; if someone was the vigi wouldn't they have counterclaimed?

you know, i'm actually gonna trust khon on this one and change vote to ZeldaMaster12

i may have initially overreacted to the post actually, even though i don't really AGREE with joey's plan; he should have just gone for it anyway and saved us a lot of trouble

Ignoritus
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Ignoritus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:05 pm

TheLordKhon wrote:he's claiming that he's not the vigi to disorient a potential mafia

he didn't kill anyone because he didn't want to risk killing a blue or any townie
this argument makes 0 sense at all

even if he was trying to "disorient a potential mafia", said potential mafia would have thought he was vigi for days at that point since he PUBLICLY CLAIMED IT.

not wanting to kill someone because he was risking killing a blue or a townie makes no sense because allegedly the inspector CONFIRMED zeldamaster red.

no matter what way you spin this joey's actions make no sense

why confront a red instead of just telling us "hey the inspector said they were red before they died"? why not vigi the confirmed red? there's one of two explanations:

1. joey is a mafia and decided for some reason that they would benefit most from tricking town into lynching ZM today regardless of consequences (possibly because we started questioning him yesterday and he's only growing more suspicious)

2. joey is a complete ape who watched us lynch a random while knowing a confirmed red and then didn't vigi the red that night either.

neither exactly makes sense but i'm more confident in the first than that joey watched us lynch a random while knowing a confirmed red and did nothing.
"Like i cna barley even read half.of what is going on"

Ignoritus
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Ignoritus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:09 pm

and let me expand on "disorienting a potential mafia" making 0 sense by pointing out that someone KNOWING A PERSON IS MAFIA is far more threatening than just BEING vigilante. so yeah, that argument holds approximately 0 weight.
"Like i cna barley even read half.of what is going on"

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:37 pm

Worth noting that Joey was just here on the forums about 15 minutes ago, but didn't reply to the thread. He was "reading a topic in Mafia" when I looked at view online.

- a spam account, 2016

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:48 pm

He could be muted.
Or he could be faking being muted.
Jesus is my savior.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:54 pm

So should I whip out the rest of that log where Joey claimed to see my side of things after a long conversation?

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:01 am

22:20] <Joey> anyway, so Ragont is upgraded
[22:20] <Joey> and you were inspected
[22:20] <Joey> and you came up red
[22:20] <Joey> I have my hunches you're the voodoo lady
[22:21] <Joey> given the pattern of word choice
[22:21] <Zeldamaster12> elaborate
[22:21] <Joey> elaborate on what?
[22:21] <Zeldamaster12> how i worded what i worded
[22:21] <Zeldamaster12> or something
[22:22] <Joey> well, the word had to be >=7 letters, right?
[22:22] <Zeldamaster12> yeah
[22:22] <Joey> why?
[22:22] <Zeldamaster12> how am i supposed to know lol, nien made the game not me
[22:23] <Joey> right.
[22:23] <Joey> i'll see you on the other side.
[22:23] <Zeldamaster12> wait joey i can explain
[22:24] <Zeldamaster12> hear me out okay
[22:24] <Joey> OK
[22:24] <Zeldamaster12> ragont was upgraded no
[22:25] <Zeldamaster12> if he inspected me, he'd see what i had done
[22:25] <Zeldamaster12> so tell me
[22:25] <Zeldamaster12> what did ragont get from that
[22:26] <Zeldamaster12> Joey Joey Joey
[22:26] <Zeldamaster12> you there?
[22:27] <Joey> hi sorry was posting
[22:28] <Zeldamaster12> did you see what i said
[22:28] <Joey> yeah
[22:28] <Zeldamaster12> what action did ragont catch from me
[22:29] <Joey> making up a word
[22:29] <Joey> er
[22:29] <Joey> setting the word
[22:29] <Joey> he didn't see the word I don't think
[22:29] <Joey> or at least he didn't tell me!
[22:29] <Zeldamaster12> so how do you know im the voodoo lady then
[22:29] <Zeldamaster12> matter of fact
[22:29] <Zeldamaster12> how do you even know im red
[22:30] <Zeldamaster12> if ragont inspected me, he would've probably saw the word too im assuming
[22:30] <Joey> he mentioned over irc that you were because of the word. he didn't mention the word, and it's not like that even matters given the fact that whoever you killed because of it was dead anyway
[22:30] <Zeldamaster12> two people didn't die last day phase, only one
[22:31] <Joey> i didn't say last phase
[22:31] <Zeldamaster12> ...when was i inspected exactly...?
[22:31] <Joey> by ragont saying that you were the voodoo lady because of the word i think it's an accurate assumption that you're red
[22:32] <Joey> two phases ago
[22:32] <Joey> or two nights ago
[22:32] <Joey> whichever one wasn't the phase we were just in
[22:32] <Joey> lol
[22:32] <Zeldamaster12> oh i meant last day phase
[22:32] <Zeldamaster12> not last night
[22:32] * Joey reads thread
[22:33] <Joey> yeah it was night 2 i think
[22:33] <Joey> whichever one after Jacob died
[22:33] <Joey> because it wasn't last night phase
[22:33] <Joey> and he inspected you after jacob died
[22:33] <Zeldamaster12> ...but we lynched marina and he was the only one who died
[22:34] <Joey> i men the beginning of day 1
[22:34] <Joey> mean
[22:34] <Joey> (i'm looking at nien's first post, it says "Day 1" for jacob but now i know what that means)
[22:34] <Zeldamaster12> so was i inspected the night before last or last night
[22:35] <Joey> night 2
[22:35] <Joey> so night before last
[22:35] <Joey> the night following jacob's death
[22:35] <Zeldamaster12> then why haven't you confronted me until now
[22:35] <Joey> because i couldn't give away our identities just yet
[22:35] <Zeldamaster12> im beginning to think i wasn't inspected at all
[22:35] <Joey> and risking you letting it slip immediately after my successful vigi claim
[22:35] <Zeldamaster12> because you could have just acted as the sheriff's mouthpiece and got me lynched
[22:36] <Joey> alright let's end this here
[22:36] <Joey> none of this shit happened
[22:36] <Joey> i'm messing with you
[22:36] <Joey> i'm the vig
[22:36] <Zeldamaster12> i knew it lol
[22:36] <Joey> i'll try this with some others
[22:36] <Zeldamaster12> judging from the fact that you haven't confronted me until now, you didn't get the word, and you haven't bothered to get me lynched
[22:37] <Zeldamaster12> okay

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:10 am

By the way, I know he's going to bring this up, so I'll do the honors. I forgot to back up the rest of the log since I thought the conversation was over, so I'll sum it up.

He suspected me once more because I said "elaborate" instead of outright denying it. We talked about it for a while, and he finally saw where I was coming from when I said, which is true, the conversation would have led into the same thing if I outright denied it because he'd be like "no I'm not lying because Ragont is the inspector and this is what he told me". I knew this, and Joey said he had his hunches I was the Voodoo Lady due to my "odd wording". I have never worded anything out of the ordinary so I asked him to elaborate on how my word choice was odd.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:26 am

Hi, I've been away for a few hours and I did check this thread once so that's what Pseudo saw. There is an explanation for everything and here it is:

Okay, so, the first part of the conversation between me and ZM (the log that Khon posted) was in a PM that I sent to qig because I knew qig was the Weapons Master. This log is a reaction test in which I was providing ZM with false information with the intention of getting him to slip up. And he potentially did, but very slightly (in the form of saying "elaborate", and this really wasn't more than just something kind of insignificant that I noticed and not much of a lead at all), so I couldn't for sure vigi him and I didn't want to lead a lynch because I considered trying this test on other players. The reason why I sent this to qig was because I wanted him to notice the part where ZM said "elaborate", not because I wanted qig to take the log as truth (and he wouldn't have anyway since he knew he was the WM). The reason why ZM saying "elaborate" is a bit odd is because when I accused him of being the voodoo lady "given the pattern of word choice" he did not flat-out deny it. The next part of the log (which is what ZM posted) is me trying to move along with the reaction test but then stopping. I then spent several minutes trying to explain why "elaborate" was suspicious and, again, it basically comes down to "he asked Joey to elaborate instead of just denying what he knew to be false" almost as if I had found out his secret and he wanted to know how I did it. So no, I did not at any point know a confirmed red and withhold that information.

As for why I haven't used my powers yet, I actually had considered using my powers during the last night phase but I had left and then the phase was over. Other than that, I had little to no leads on people (besides ZM, maybe) and using my power was not really a priority. I can use it the next phase to prove it if you guys want, and I was upgraded a while ago so I won't lose my ability.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:28 am

And, just so that we're clear, everything that was said by me in the logs that were posted is a load of bullshit and part of the reaction test until the end of ZM's post where I said "alright let's end this here". The only part of my conversation with ZM where I was being serious was the part that wasn't posted.

Fyrus
Bit
Bit

Postby Fyrus » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:54 am

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:35 am

Joey, towards the end, you said you understood where I was coming from, don't even deny that. I pointed out that me simply denying it would lead into the same exact discussion as me asking you to elaborate because if I denied it and called you a liar, you would've just brought up that you were in contact with the inspector and he told you about his inspection on me, and it would've just led into the exact conversation we had. You even agreed with this, so why did you completely forget to add that?

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:37 am

Oh by the way, that log I posted was to show that the inspection was a lie. Khon was trying to use the "inspection" against me, when the inspection didn't even happen.

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:12 am

Joey
Hope we hit mafia this time.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Re: M26: Balance of Power - NIGHT 4

Postby underFlo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:38 am

Nato wrote:Nice third person "The Town"

If I wanted us to self destruct, then I would simply leave it be and let psuedo-random lynches determine the town's fate. I say psuedo because the mafia surely will help mafia not get lynched.

Once Joey dies/Curist doesn't heal, it's game over indefinitely. You tell me which is more self destructive.

Or are you going to tell me that random lynching with no evidence isn't just as destructive as shooting someone with no evidence? The end result is the same, if we kill an innocent it's game over but if we kill a mafia were still in the game.
This post is like super weird for me. First up, that accusation of ZM seems really unnecessary since saying "The Town" is something a lot of people do in Mafia. Bringing that up seems like they want to just see ZM get lynched.

Also, no, random lynching is not as bad as random shooting. With random lynching, we can argue over who to lynch to make the right decision (hopefully). Vigi shooting just instantly kills someone, and if your reasoning is flawed there's no way for anyone to correct that.

I also kinda believe that neither ZM nor Joey are Mafia (or at least that Joey isn't, ZM is still giving me town vibes though).

Khon is also someone to keep in mind because the way he posted his log made both Joey and ZM seem suspicious, for the wrong reasons.

So yeah Nato
im a girl yo

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:27 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Joey, towards the end, you said you understood where I was coming from, don't even deny that. I pointed out that me simply denying it would lead into the same exact discussion as me asking you to elaborate because if I denied it and called you a liar, you would've just brought up that you were in contact with the inspector and he told you about his inspection on me, and it would've just led into the exact conversation we had. You even agreed with this, so why did you completely forget to add that?
Of course I understood where you were coming from. That doesn't mean I believe you or trust you.

Semi-safety on Willhart because that's not a good lynch reason.

Return to “Mafia”