Super Mario Bros. X - Grand Extravaganza! (AWARDS!)

Official community level contests.
RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Re: Super Mario Bros. X - Grand Extravaganza! (JUDGING PHASE BEGINS!)

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:32 am

but if you've got little time to judge and no patience to play garbage levels, then why did you even want to be a judge...?
im bored

Inspirited
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Inspirited » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:24 am

RudeGuy07 wrote:but if you've got little time to judge and no patience to play garbage levels, then why did you even want to be a judge...?
You're always so rude. :/
Check out my levels!

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:13 am

RudeGuy07 wrote:but if you've got little time to judge and no patience to play garbage levels, then why did you even want to be a judge...?
because he's a better judge than you

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Electriking » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:16 am

Inspirited wrote:
You're always so rude. :/
Well he is called Rudeguy XD haha
Enjl wrote:And that's why this community has no good judges.
Well said
Signatures are overrated

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:49 am

Mivixion wrote:because he's a better judge than you
ive never even wanted to be a judge. and this isnt a matter about who's the best judge, im just pointing out that if someone doesn't have enough time to judge, then he should have dropped out or something.
im bored

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Pronouns: she/they

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:06 pm

I mean Rudeguy wasn't rude at all what he said had complete merit. You know what was gonna come with a community sponsored contest like this, you should have expected awful levels, don't pin the blame on the contestants for your laziness.
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:11 pm

to rudeguy
you're right, having a life and not being able to judge 24/7 should be grounds for dropping out as a judge that a ton of people applied for and very few actually got

to TNT
I don't think the judges are complaining about bad levels as much as saying that judging a contest with 30+ levels takes time, and with it being the busiest time of the year for most, it's not their first priority

to everyone:
stop whining about the judges "taking too long." they're taking just as long as they would for any other event, and it's the busiest time of the year. be patient.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Yeah, I think maybe summer would be a better time to nhost these kin of contests.
Signatures are overrated

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Pronouns: she/they

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Man, 30+ levels, shit my bad I didn't know contests could get that big. I don't know how anyone could judge a contest with 80+ or into the 100s.

Excuse me for being impatient but it takes longer to judge 30ish levels as opposed to the Community Contest judging phase lasts typically two weeks. I'm expecting a fucking lot from these reviews.
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Mivixion wrote:three judges are close to completing reviews and two are done.

please don't complain about the wait, the judges probably have more of a life than you
Mivixion wrote:
because he's a better judge than you
man i'm glad a moderator's first responses to legitimate complaints are composed of direct insults

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Mivixion wrote:to TNT
I don't think the judges are complaining about bad levels as much as saying that judging a contest with 30+ levels takes time, and with it being the busiest time of the year for most, it's not their first priority
Sanct wrote:
glitch4 wrote:I agree, fuck real life for stealing free time
I'm sorry that I don't use all my free time to judge a contest where like 65% of the levels are unfun generic garbage.
I think you missed a post there, Mivixion.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:58 pm

TLtimelord wrote:Man, 30+ levels, shit my bad I didn't know contests could get that big. I don't know how anyone could judge a contest with 80+ or into the 100s.

Excuse me for being impatient but it takes longer to judge 30ish levels as opposed to the Community Contest judging phase lasts typically two weeks. I'm expecting a fucking lot from these reviews.
Most community contests have around 80+ levels. It is not really the levels that are the factor but the timing of the contest.
Signatures are overrated

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:24 pm

look, we're all stressed at the moment, can we please just calm down and stop complaining, it's a bad time of year and having 7 judges all with vastly different schedules trying to judge 31 levels is not something that is gonna finish quickly. I don't care if you've judged more than that or hold yourself to a higher standard than that. The judges are people too and aren't just here to do your bidding.

look, I'm not a patient person but if you think people not sitting down for x number of hours to play through levels (that for the most part aren't very good) and writing up essays on them when they could be studying for exams or living their life is a "legitimate issue," then you really need to rethink your priorities

Sorel
Rex
Rex

Postby Sorel » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Jesus Christ y'all need to take a step back and relax.

I apologize for being slow, but I won't apologize for giving real life more credit than a Mario contest on the internet. If you disagree, think upon your priorities. I can imagine that a whole lot of you barely have any stress whatsoever at your current stage in life, but at least try to understand where we're coming from.

Be a bit more patient, you'll get your results either way.
Insert overly long signature here

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Mivixion wrote:
look, I'm not a patient person but if you think people not sitting down for x number of hours to play through levels (that for the most part aren't very good) and writing up essays on them when they could be studying for exams or living their life is a "legitimate issue," then you really need to rethink your priorities
*cough*
Enjl wrote:
Sanct wrote: I'm sorry that I don't use all my free time to judge a contest where like 65% of the levels are unfun generic garbage.
I think you missed a post there, Mivixion.
_________
Sorel wrote:Jesus Christ y'all need to take a step back and relax.

I apologize for being slow, but I won't apologize for giving real life more credit than a Mario contest on the internet. If you disagree, think upon your priorities. I can imagine that a whole lot of you barely have any stress whatsoever at your current stage in life, but at least try to understand where we're coming from.

Be a bit more patient, you'll get your results either way.
None of the people who got annoyed are being agressive. The people who should relax aren't the guys who are upset that there's been 33 days of wait for the results of 31 levels, it's the judges and moderators who are insulting everyone else by saying their priorities are shit and that they have no lives.

Nobody is telling the judges to get out of their way from real life issues to review levels (which is the only basis that they've used for their insults), they literally could've written less than 1 review per day to be done with the contest.

Instead, they're resorting to "muh real life you've got no life" excuses, which were invalidated the second two judges already sent in their reviews. I mean Enjl is a fucking college student, he finished AND proofread his reviews like a century ago, and considering his academic position: he was probably super busy as well.

Sorel
Rex
Rex

Postby Sorel » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Oh so studying for my finals in order to have a chance to pass them is an excuse now? It's not an excuse, it's the reason why my progress was so slow. I admit that by now I am completely done with them now, so I should be able to get my reviews in in a couple of days.
Insert overly long signature here

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Sorel wrote:Oh so studying for my finals in order to have a chance to pass them is an excuse now? It's not an excuse, it's the reason why my progress was so slow. I admit that by now I am completely done with them now, so I should be able to get my reviews in in a couple of days.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/excuse

Saying that x was the reason why you couldn't do y is the literal definition of an excuse, regardless of it being valid or not.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:52 pm

I really think that there is no need to continue the bitching. The judges havve explained themselves. Just because some guys who are busy with their lives managed to get their reviews done does not mean everyone will be able to. If you really are demanding that judges to finish their levels then your priorities are probably shit and you need to reconsider them. And if you belive judges should be judging and reviewing as fast as possible then that may be grounds that you would not make good judges since your reviews would likely be rushed and therefore not really reliable. And maybe you should consider and reflect on what it would be like for you to be in the position of the judges, being under pressure not just by real life, but you as well.
Signatures are overrated

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Electriking wrote:If you really are demanding that judges to finish their levels then your priorities are probably shit and you need to reconsider them
"if you demand someone to do the job they applied to your priorities are shit" what a nice argument Nobody has ever used the same exact senseless words in this thread

also, no one has actually told ANY judge to judge faster, stop pulling statements out of your ass to defend the judges from literally nothing

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Nien wrote:
Electriking wrote:If you really are demanding that judges to finish their levels then your priorities are probably shit and you need to reconsider them
"if you demand someone to do the job they applied to your priorities are shit" what a nice argument Nobody has ever used the same exact senseless words in this thread

also, no one has actually told ANY judge to judge faster, stop pulling statements out of your ass to defend the judges from literally nothing
Maybe you should stop continuing the complaints for no reason.
Signatures are overrated

Return to “Level Contests”