Official community level contests.
ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Re: Level Contest 7

Postby ElTipsta » Sat May 03, 2014 9:54 am

castlewars wrote:
Emral wrote:Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
It's mainly based on the design and characteristics and seasoned community members can pick out who made the levels from these factors. Like, for example, if there's a level that has "100 is important because it is after 99" in it, then Snow Luigi Revamped will have made it.
Each level designer leaves their mark on their level. Valtteri's is very vanilla, Kyo's is very orderly and structured, deadfish's is usually very silly, Ignoritus hides phantos in his levels, reghrhre's style is very unique, and Sux's levels are known for their length. These are just a few examples of this.
Valtteri wrote:
Emral wrote:I agree with you. Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
Only SuperMario7 did that. I'm not requiring the judges to do it.
I reckon it'd be fun for a laugh if the judges placed their bets :)
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

Sux
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Nova Era

Postby Sux » Sat May 03, 2014 10:25 am

ElTipsta wrote:
castlewars wrote:
Emral wrote:Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
It's mainly based on the design and characteristics and seasoned community members can pick out who made the levels from these factors. Like, for example, if there's a level that has "100 is important because it is after 99" in it, then Snow Luigi Revamped will have made it.
Each level designer leaves their mark on their level. Valtteri's is very vanilla, Kyo's is very orderly and structured, deadfish's is usually very silly, Ignoritus hides phantos in his levels, reghrhre's style is very unique, and Sux's levels are known for their length. These are just a few examples of this.
So...I think than you will be surprised with my level....

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Sat May 03, 2014 10:43 am

ElTipsta wrote:Each level designer leaves their mark on their level. Valtteri's is very vanilla, Kyo's is very orderly and structured, deadfish's is usually very silly, Ignoritus hides phantos in his levels, reghrhre's style is very unique, and Sux's levels are known for their length. These are just a few examples of this.
Sakke's are short but clever ideas. Nien's are also short and lazily made. Bossedit's levels usually tend to be long and contain a lot of difficult puzzles. Mine always have one long section and several shorter sections. Chad makes very long levels that tend to contain some sort of switch.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:46 am

I will be not surprised if there are Levels that are insanely long, again... because that is just annoying, like seriously. Also I hope there will be no levels that are not working (you know, crashing during the loading time).

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:49 am

bossedit8 wrote:I will be not surprised if there are Levels that are insanely long, again... because that is just annoying, like seriously. Also I hope there will be no levels that are not working (you know, crashing during the loading time).
Like 20-minute levels getting boring, even if you die , you come back at the midpoing and do more 10 minutes again.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Sat May 03, 2014 11:31 am

TNTtimelord wrote:Nien's are also short and lazily made.
Also a lot of them seem to contain some form of swearing and at least two Mouser bosses, like Dunes of the Past.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sat May 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Nien has a fetish for Mouser don't you remember our Mouser GOD?????

Also swearing is pretty good a must have in a level. Wait this doesn't reveal anything on this contest or?

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:14 pm

GrätselBüchner wrote:Swearing is pretty good a must have in a level.
Originally, for a Nintendo Standards, there is no swear words in a Mario Game what so ever. Some random Game does have that but not in a Mario Game...

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat May 03, 2014 1:16 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
Nien's are also short and lazily made.
nah

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Postby ElTipsta » Sat May 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Sux wrote:
ElTipsta wrote:
castlewars wrote:It's mainly based on the design and characteristics and seasoned community members can pick out who made the levels from these factors. Like, for example, if there's a level that has "100 is important because it is after 99" in it, then Snow Luigi Revamped will have made it.
So...I think than you will be surprised with my level....
Lemme guess....You're shortened your level. I hope so, because while your levels are nicely made, they are so long that they become a bit boring.
TNTtimelord wrote:Nien's are also short and lazily made
Castle of the Galactic Darkness in a nutshell, and perhaps Dunes from the Past as well.
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:29 pm

ElTipsta wrote:
Sux wrote:So...I think than you will be surprised with my level....
Lemme guess....You're shortened your level. I hope so, because while your levels are nicely made, they are so long that they become a bit boring.
Yeah, because that level we had before was extremely long, has a lot of elements in it which is a bit too much for a single level and it does not even work on a regular SMBX Episode which is a real problem to have.

I am getting prepared for the whole results on the first Tier or at least before that...

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm

If everyone forms theories about people's level design specs I'd like to hear my own specs, habits and flaws in my level design.

Ah, btw, Valtteri. I didn't mean to imply that the judges' assumptions on who was the creator of each level should be neccessary or ever were.
It's just a nice thing to have and both amusing to the participants and to the judges themselves.
Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.

The ABC of Creation

icez
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Super Mario:The Rise of Darknesss

Postby icez » Sat May 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Yeah I like to hear some speculation on my design style, I feel my contest level is a lot different then what I made in the past.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 2:28 pm

icez wrote:Yeah I like to hear some speculation on my design style, I feel my contest level is a lot different then what I made in the past.
Yeah, especially how big this collection we have currently. Wish the Judges and everyone who submitted a Level Luck...

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat May 03, 2014 2:51 pm

Emral wrote:If everyone forms theories about people's level design specs I'd like to hear my own specs, habits and flaws in my level design.

Ah, btw, Valtteri. I didn't mean to imply that the judges' assumptions on who was the creator of each level should be neccessary or ever were.
It's just a nice thing to have and both amusing to the participants and to the judges themselves.
I wonder if I made enoughlevels for people to figure mine out! Can anyone tell me what mine are currently?

ImageImageImage

deadfish
Swooper
Swooper

Postby deadfish » Sat May 03, 2014 3:48 pm

ElTipsta wrote:deadfish's is usually very silly
Jeswhat agree.
TNTtimelord wrote: Sakke's are short but clever ideas.
Look at his last contest level. I think it was pretty long. But yah I guess.
Mooth.
Spoiler: show
ImageCredits to Ace I think.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sat May 03, 2014 4:32 pm

bossedit8 wrote:I will be not surprised if there are Levels that are insanely long, again... because that is just annoying, like seriously. Also I hope there will be no levels that are not working (you know, crashing during the loading time).
Well, you're technically calling your own levels annoying since typically they're long.
previously known as Kep

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Wizard wrote:
Well, you're technically calling your own levels annoying since typically they're long.
That was unnecessarily rude Kep.
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

~<3 TNT

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Yoshi's Paradise

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Sat May 03, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm kinda excited to see the judges' guesses on who made my level... since it's the first level I ever submitted and thus the judges know no characteristic elements of my levels.
My SMBX project: Yoshi's Paradise!

Projects I support:
Spoiler: show

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Wizard wrote:
No need for that, Kep.
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

~<3 TNT

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

Return to “Level Contests”