Warlock
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: crazy man
Current Project: Winning University.
Chat Username: Warlock

Re: Level Contest 7

Postby Warlock » Fri May 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Well, as long as we're not getting levels where the only enemies are big fat whales and peices of poo, this contest is gonna be interesting. (Of course, I loved that level. I'm sure everyone looking at that level would have laughed like fuck because it's so bad. That's the thing about joke levels. But I'm sure that guy was actually SERIOUS. :P
Hey there! I'm just a normal lad. Nothing special about me, I promise.

If you have a New Super Luigi U save file on your Wii U, you automatically unlock the Luigi Bros game in SM3DW.

"I'm not sure if you need serious help, are an idiot, came here to troll, or all three at once. I'm gonna guess all three at once."

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Fri May 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Natsu wrote: Presicely because of this I think the thread should be locked till results are ready, because this thread is filling with posts regarding others levels and how reviews are going. What's the point of keep posting about them exactly? People will see their scores and others' in no time, so what's the point?
You can basically say the same thing with this logic, if we're getting our scores in no time, what's the harm in knowing the scores earlier?

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Postby ElTipsta » Fri May 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Yes, please don't spoil the level placements, especially for somebody like deadfish (even though I think he has submitted a joke level) and hopefully I will enjoy playing whatever he has made and if it is a joke level, be something different from this:
Fabman650 wrote:levels where the only enemies are big fat whales and peices of poo
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

deadfish
Swooper
Swooper

Postby deadfish » Fri May 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Blueoak wrote:didn't deadfish submit a proper level (albeit small) last contest
True. It's name was a joke though. Knuksisaaimeahevosenkullia (means= knux can suck horse's dick)
Spoiler: show
ImageCredits to Ace I think.

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Shane

Postby Natsu » Fri May 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Nien wrote:
Natsu wrote: Presicely because of this I think the thread should be locked till results are ready, because this thread is filling with posts regarding others levels and how reviews are going. What's the point of keep posting about them exactly? People will see their scores and others' in no time, so what's the point?
You can basically say the same thing with this logic, if we're getting our scores in no time, what's the harm in knowing the scores earlier?
There's no harm if you think it that way, I'll give you that. Besides, what I'm saying it's only my opinion, so those who don't agree with my statements shouldn't bother on trying to change it, sorry if any of you weren't trying to.

Also, I did not click Submit twice, the problem is that I wanted my post to be viewable as fast as possible, but I searched this thread by clicking the "View unread posts" link, so I had to wait for approval. So instead of waiting I searched this thread going to General and posted it, but it seems someone approved my post making it like I double-posted.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri May 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Natsu wrote:
Nien wrote:
There's no harm if you think it that way, I'll give you that. Besides, what I'm saying it's only my opinion, so those who don't agree with my statements shouldn't bother on trying to change it, sorry if any of you weren't trying to.

Also, I did not click Submit twice, the problem is that I wanted my post to be viewable as fast as possible, but I searched this thread by clicking the "View unread posts" link, so I had to wait for approval. So instead of waiting I searched this thread going to General and posted it, but it seems someone approved my post making it like I double-posted.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
You do know that happens to every one, rght?

ImageImageImage

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri May 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Natsu wrote: Also, if that's the case I can easly make tons of nonsensical posts regarding the contests
>implying posts were nonsensical
>implying

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Shane

Postby Natsu » Fri May 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Ace wrote:
Natsu wrote: Also, if that's the case I can easly make tons of nonsensical posts regarding the contests
>implying posts were nonsensical
>implying
I never said posts made up to now were nonsensical, I was giving a mere example.

Also, I'd like to stop here because I can see things will probably get worse.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Sat May 03, 2014 3:03 am

ElTipsta wrote:Yes, please don't spoil the level placements, especially for somebody like deadfish (even though I think he has submitted a joke level) and hopefully I will enjoy playing whatever he has made and if it is a joke level, be something different from this:
Fabman650 wrote:levels where the only enemies are big fat whales and peices of poo
ElTipsta, as you're the king of nonlinearity, I think you've probably submitted a super-nonlinear level with a lot of nonlinear exploration and backtracking, with secrets.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 3:29 am

castlewars wrote:I think you've probably submitted a super-nonlinear level with a lot of nonlinear exploration and backtracking, with secrets.
I think it is best to not reveal thoughts about who made the Level or else it contains spoilers to everyone here.

deadfish
Swooper
Swooper

Postby deadfish » Sat May 03, 2014 4:34 am

Four days left! Mooth!
Spoiler: show
ImageCredits to Ace I think.

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 4:37 am

deadfish wrote:Four days left!
Specificly, only 4 Days until everything is ready to go on. Problem is I can't check the forums very well during Weeks but rarely (if I am Lucky) I have access to it.

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:16 am

More like 3 days and 13 hours left.

Also, In May 6th , my body will be ready. Well, open up tier 1 soon!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat May 03, 2014 8:56 am

LitDude wrote:More like 3 days and 13 hours left.

Also, In May 6th , my body will be ready. Well, open up tier 1 soon!
I find it funny how all your posts on this topic can leave the reader thinking about whether or not you think that you actually have direct influence on the contest's progression.
It's not even clear if we get Tier 1 on the specified date. Maybe a judge is not ready yet? Maybe Valtteri won't be finished with calculating the placements?
You're far too excited.
Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.

The ABC of Creation

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Postby ElTipsta » Sat May 03, 2014 9:17 am

bossedit8 wrote:
castlewars wrote:I think you've probably submitted a super-nonlinear level with a lot of nonlinear exploration and backtracking, with secrets.
I think it is best to not reveal thoughts about who made the Level or else it contains spoilers to everyone here.
Yes, I agree with bossedit and others, while normally I would comment on your thoughts castlewars; for the sakes of preventing further exposition on my own level I won't.
deadfish wrote:
Blueoak wrote:didn't deadfish submit a proper level (albeit small) last contest
True. It's name was a joke though. Knuksisaaimeahevosenkullia (means= knux can suck horse's dick)
BEST LEVEL NAME EVER
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat May 03, 2014 9:21 am

ElTipsta wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:
Yes, I agree with bossedit and others, while normally I would comment on your thoughts castlewars; for the sakes of preventing further exposition on my own level I won't.
I agree with you. Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.

The ABC of Creation

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Sat May 03, 2014 9:27 am

Emral wrote:Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
It's mainly based on the design and characteristics and seasoned community members can pick out who made the levels from these factors. Like, for example, if there's a level that has "100 is important because it is after 99" in it, then Snow Luigi Revamped will have made it.
YouTube channel

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat May 03, 2014 9:31 am

castlewars wrote:
Emral wrote:Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
It's mainly based on the design and characteristics and seasoned community members can pick out who made the levels from these factors. Like, for example, if there's a level that has "100 is important because it is after 99" in it, then Snow Luigi Revamped will have made it.
... or anyone who played Harley's levels.

The ABC of Creation

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sat May 03, 2014 9:33 am

Emral wrote:Maybe a judge is not ready yet? Maybe Valtteri won't be finished with calculating the placements?
If some judges fail to make the date I'll just leave them out / use the reviews they were able to write in time.
Emral wrote:I agree with you. Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
Only SuperMario7 did that. I'm not requiring the judges to do it.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Sat May 03, 2014 9:41 am

Valtteri wrote:Only SuperMario7 did that. I'm not requiring the judges to do it.
It has happened in some of the reviews in CC3 as well - one judge (can't remember the name) guessed correctly that NameUser had made a certain level that was in one of the top tiers. Also, I guessed a few level designers in the Revived contest as well.
YouTube channel

Return to “Level Contests”