SVLC 2016

Official community level contests.
User avatar
Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Aristo » Sat May 14, 2016 1:27 pm

You guys are honestly too much.

Give me a week.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:06 pm
Flair: :)
Chat Username: SetaYoshi

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Yoshi021 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Marina wrote:You guys are honestly too much.

Give me a week.
UnRIP Vanilla Episode
"Going to University is FUN!"
DOWNLOAD THE SMBX LEVEL PLAYER
CHECK OUT MY NPC PACK

Join the SMBX Episode Project Discord Server
Image

Join the SMBX 38A Discord!
Image

Join the CodeHaus Discord!
Image
Image

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Marina wrote:You guys are honestly too much.

Give me a week.
YES! Finally, a release schedule. Now, I can be patient and wait.

I'm really glad you're designing an episode (It will probably be better than anything I could have made), but at the same time, I'm kind of sad. I was so hyped to be making the episode with everyone's help, but alas, fate decided it would not be so. It's probably for the better, anyways, as my time is very limited.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Mable » Sat May 14, 2016 2:24 pm

mariogeek2 wrote: YES! Finally, a release schedule. Now, I can be patient and wait.

What... you could been patient before but ok.

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Tinkerbell wrote: What... you could been patient before but ok.
I find it really hard to be patient if I don't know when something's coming. But if I do know when it's coming, for whatever reason, it makes it real easy to me to patiently wait for it to arrive.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8255
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Enjl » Sat May 14, 2016 2:30 pm

I like how you're taking pride in being so annoying that you made Marina not want to ever see you make a game out of this.
Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.
________________________________________________________

The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Enjl wrote:I like how you're taking pride in being so annoying that you made Marina not want to ever see you make a game out of this.
Being properly annoying is an art. You've got to be clever enough to get people annoyed, but be interesting enough to keep people engaged. It's a balancing act.

(P.S. I'm just joking. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be annoying. I just wanted the episode. Since Marina had left, I was going to make it myself or get others to.)

Also, as a side note, it's amazing how well I've been able to keep this topic on life support using just the right replies.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4099
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:58 pm

That's nice, but if anyone's making this episode, it should be the one who hosted the contest. You had no right to take the initiative to make the episode just because of impatience, not to mention you didn't even ask Marina first.

btw hi marina
Image

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:That's nice, but if anyone's making this episode, it should be the one who hosted the contest. You had no right to take the initiative to make the episode just because of impatience, not to mention you didn't even ask Marina first.

btw hi marina
I didn't take the initiative to make the episode because of impatience. Impatience had nothing to do with it. If I had been told, "The episode is being worked on right now, and we have no clue when it'll be released", I would've been fine with it. The reason I was making it and the reason I didn't ask Marina was because everybody had told me that Marina had left the SMBX forums because of life issues. That's why I was so suprised he responded to Mechdragon's comment.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4099
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Just because Marina wasn't going to make the episode doesn't mean it gives you the right to make it without his consent.
Image

User avatar
Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Aristo » Sat May 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:btw hi marina
hiiiii c:

also spoilers

Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Just because Marina wasn't going to make the episode doesn't mean it gives you the right to make it without his consent.
Well, how was I supposed to contact him if he had left? He wouldn't have responded to my private messages, would he? (Am I just being a complete idiot? I think I am) The only reason I didn't ask was because I was under the impression he wouldn't respond since he had left.

Look, I'm sorry for starting work on the episode without Marina's permission, but as far as I could tell it had been officially dropped and was going to go into oblivion. I said something about the episode in the CC12 topic (How hyped I was for it), and Tinkerbell said it was cancelled since Marina left (Which I didn't know). I started looking for the levels (To be given to whoever was going to design the episode), and as people sent me a level or two, it was naturally assumed I was working on it. I assumed the role, and started looking for designers to help me. Mechdragon, Linik, and Ness-Wednesday all wanted to help. The idea I was creating the episode was met with generally positive criticism, and no administrators had responded, much less said I was doing anything wrong. Then Marina responded. And I showed him nothing but respect, and when he said he was creating the episode, I didn't meet with any opposition. I'm sorry if I did anything wrong.

Marina has my full support. Mechdragon and Linik are both veterans of the community, and they didn't ever criticize my actions, so I didn't think twice about it.

EDIT: Hi, Marina. Those spoilers look pretty great. I think the episode is in fine hands.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Aristo » Sat May 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Oh don't worry I'm gonna go back into oblivion once the episode is done, I'm just here because people complained that they didn't want Mechdragon to do it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8255
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Enjl » Sat May 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Oh hey I designed one of these screens
Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.
________________________________________________________

The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

User avatar
underFlo
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4481
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo
Contact:

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby underFlo » Sat May 14, 2016 3:44 pm

Are these CGFX I see???
im a girl yo

User avatar
Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Aristo » Sat May 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Spinda wrote:Are these CGFX I see???
It literally say so on the containers containing CGFX, are you literally illiterate?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Marina wrote:Oh don't worry I'm gonna go back into oblivion once the episode is done, I'm just here because people complained that they didn't want Mechdragon to do it.
I had no clue. As far as I could tell, he's generally met with positive reception, and his levels usually score pretty high in contests. Nobody had complained to me about him designing some of it.

Also, okay. I'll guess we'll never see you again. Best to go out with a bang.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:50 pm
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)
Contact:

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat May 14, 2016 3:54 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:As far as I could tell, he's generally met with positive reception, and his levels usually score pretty high in contests. Nobody had complained to me about him designing some of it.
If you mean MECHDRAGON777, alot of people didn't want him to because of some of the older levels until Sanctuary fortress 2 make them consider him a bad designer, but seeing his levels afterwards besides his entry to this contest, I could've trusted him it would be good.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Spoiler: show
Image
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:58 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote: If you mean MECHDRAGON777, alot of people didn't want him to because of some of the older levels until Sanctuary fortress 2 make them consider him a bad designer, but seeing his levels afterwards besides his entry to this contest, I could've trusted him it would be good.
Oh, that explains it all. Well, nothing to do but wait for the episode.

Just curious, how would you all feel about a trailer for it? I can make one within a week's time.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4301
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat May 14, 2016 4:12 pm

Nobody holds any ownership of the 2015 levels as a whole or the right to make an episode out of them. I put them up, so anyone is allowed to do what they want with them (unless one of the 2015 participants decides they want their level taken out, but we'll deal with that if it comes up).

I'd like for the people in this thread (mainly zlaker, Marina, and Enjl) to ease up on mariogeek2 and all of the others who wanted to make an episode. Y'all are getting too emotional over something that's ultimately not worth getting upset over, not to mention acting exclusionary. If someone has the 2016 levels and wants to make an episode out of them, they can. Whether or not it'll be labeled "LOL OFFICIAL SVLC 2016 EPISODE" is up to the contest host and the staff, but Marina apparently didn't look like he cared with all of this "I'm leaving" stuff. That was kind of the reason this was brought up, anyway; if you, Marina, hadn't said you were "leaving" then there would be no conflict.


Return to “Level Contests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ssumday and 3 guests