Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.

I have made monsters out of everyone. Should this be locked?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 17
StrikeForcer
Spike
Spike

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby StrikeForcer » Fri May 15, 2015 7:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBuSx1gdGTE

I am of the opinion that Steam does not have the right to remove games that disagree with the platform's political ideology, as tasteless and daring the game may be. The statement Skaldic Games made in response to the takedown raises a lot of points and highlights how sensitive we are with politically incorrect messages.
Join Insectduel's forum today!: http://insectduel.proboards.com/

Aero
Palom
Palom
Pronouns: she/her they/them

Postby Aero » Fri May 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Oh wow, the game was taken down by Steam? They basically proved his point then, because the creator said he made the game solely to piss people off who get sensitive over this stuff.

"These people that think if you are even remotely homophobic, you are 'hateful' and a 'bigot,' and do everything they can to destroy you in every vicious way possible. So I decided to go down a path that most developers are afraid to go down: to piss these people off by making the most overly offensive game possible to these idiots to prove a point."

Ilove69
Banned

Postby Ilove69 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:06 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:I think you need to stop, Ilove69. You're being incredibly rude and disrespectful to Sinem. Her English isn't perfect, so what? It's not her native language, and I'd like to see you learn five different languages.

Rude ay? I don't even then you would know what 'rude' is if it slapped you in the face. I was pointing out my opinions, staying on the thread's topic, unlike you... and Sinem
MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:
Ilove69 wrote:Another opinion of mine, is, Sinem's Native Language isn't English
This is rude. That isn't an opinion. That is just plain mean. At least we can understand what the person is saying.
If you where to say "My unpopular opinion is that you can't say you know English unless your grammar or spelling is correct and understandable", that would've been ok as long
as you didn't refer to a person.
You can make a topic, but you can't tell how people should type there posts.

MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:Of course you're going to get shit all over for having that opinion, but this is the internet.
1) You just told me that wasn't an opinion and know you are.

2) don't tell me that I am on the internet, and that I'm going to get 'shit', people take things too seriously, yeah, my opinion was towards another user, but so what, it true, and the truth hurts!

...Oh and you also need to get a English-check.
Found this YouTube video today while trying to find a download link for it. you people will know the song! - It's got lyrics with it too!
Spoiler: show

Please join my forum! Starting one up, you can literally talk about anything you. It is where chillax and just talk and chat with other users. Only got three members so far, hoping to get more to hopefully make it become an Sociable Forum site! - http://chillaxforum.proboards.com/

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Ilove69 wrote:...Oh and you also need to get a English-check.
Hmm, yeah

BUT WAIT, WHAT'S THIS?
but you can't tell how people should type there posts.
there posts.
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

JupiHornet
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby JupiHornet » Fri May 15, 2015 10:07 pm

Ilove69 wrote:
Zeldamaster12 wrote:I think you need to stop, Ilove69. You're being incredibly rude and disrespectful to Sinem. Her English isn't perfect, so what? It's not her native language, and I'd like to see you learn five different languages.

Rude ay? I don't even then you would know what 'rude' is if it slapped you in the face. I was pointing out my opinions, staying on the thread's topic, unlike you... and Sinem
Last time I checked, English not being someone's first language wasn't an opinion
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

mechamind
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: You can set your mind to it!
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby mechamind » Fri May 15, 2015 10:08 pm

AeroMatter wrote:to piss these people off by making the most overly offensive game possible to these idiots to prove a point."
If that was really what it said, I'd have to agree that a takedown was necessary.

If a game is posted to deliberately flame a certain crowd, it doesn't seem that programming effort was in mind at all. On the other hand, if we were dealing with something like a YouTube video, then I'd consider it to be free speech. I would disagree with it, and the content would also get a gymnasium full of dislikes, but it's still free speech.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

FallingSnow
Nipper
Nipper

Postby FallingSnow » Fri May 15, 2015 10:35 pm

mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:to piss these people off by making the most overly offensive game possible to these idiots to prove a point."
If that was really what it said, I'd have to agree that a takedown was necessary.

If a game is posted to deliberately flame a certain crowd, it doesn't seem that programming effort was in mind at all. On the other hand, if we were dealing with something like a YouTube video, then I'd consider it to be free speech. I would disagree with it, and the content would also get a gymnasium full of dislikes, but it's still free speech.
To quote ExtraCredits on youtube.com:
Now understand, this doesn't mean that these games have no right to be made. Every game has the right to be expressed, but that doesn't mean we have to give them a megaphone; it doesn't mean we have to reward them financially; and it doesn't mean that stores operated by private companies are obligated to carry them.

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Fri May 15, 2015 10:36 pm

Ilove69 wrote:

MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:
Ilove69 wrote:Another opinion of mine, is, Sinem's Native Language isn't English
This is rude. That isn't an opinion. That is just plain mean. At least we can understand what the person is saying.
If you where to say "My unpopular opinion is that you can't say you know English unless your grammar or spelling is correct and understandable", that would've been ok as long
as you didn't refer to a person.

MarioLuigiToadAndToad wrote:Of course you're going to get shit all over for having that opinion, but this is the internet.
1) You just told me that wasn't an opinion and know you are.

2) don't tell me that I am on the internet, and that I'm going to get 'shit', people take things too seriously, yeah, my opinion was towards another user, but so what, it true, and the truth hurts!

...Oh and you also need to get a English-check.
I merged your posts. Don't double-post. Along with that, don't be rude to a staff member because they were doing their job.

MarioLuigiToadAndToad
Rex
Rex

Postby MarioLuigiToadAndToad » Fri May 15, 2015 11:33 pm

Bomber57 wrote:
Hmm, yeah

BUT WAIT, WHAT'S THIS?
there posts.

OH SHIT oh shit oh shit oh shit

I think I'm done getting evolved with this thread. I seem to get myself into alot of negative arguments here. Hope to see this thread keep going. Bye.

Ilove69
Banned

Postby Ilove69 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:19 am

Bomber57 wrote:
Hmm, yeah

BUT WAIT, WHAT'S THIS?
there posts.

oh, you caught on to that did you?! - Haha, I did that on purpose to see if someone would catch it, and you did... ROFL

...and only if you people knew who I really was...
Found this YouTube video today while trying to find a download link for it. you people will know the song! - It's got lyrics with it too!

Please join my forum! Starting one up, you can literally talk about anything you. It is where chillax and just talk and chat with other users. Only got three members so far, hoping to get more to hopefully make it become an Sociable Forum site! - http://chillaxforum.proboards.com/

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Sat May 16, 2015 12:21 am

Just saying that I very highly doubt that. Good day to you.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat May 16, 2015 3:46 am

Ilove69 wrote:...and only if you people knew who I really was...
GG doing that on size 1 bc we even care also.

Maybe one day you realize acting like that just gets you a lot of enemies like you see here.

I like how keep editing maybe you just a troll.

Also imo pge i a lot easier then smbx.

Hyperme
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Hyperme » Sat May 16, 2015 5:35 am

StrikeForcer wrote:I am of the opinion that Steam does not have the right to remove games that disagree with the platform's political ideology, as tasteless and daring the game may be. The statement Skaldic Games made in response to the takedown raises a lot of points and highlights how sensitive we are with politically incorrect messages.
Valve absolutely has the right to decide what games their service provides. They pay for the platform, so their rules apply.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Sat May 16, 2015 5:53 am

Sinem wrote:Also imo pge i a lot easier then smbx.
Imo that isn't really unpopular since most users who tried PGE prefer it over SMBX. Things like Copy/Paste tools, Custom Tileset boxes etc. just make creating levels much easier.

Another unpopular opinion: Mario Kart Wii is the best Mario Kart.
im a girl yo

sleepy
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby sleepy » Sat May 16, 2015 10:18 am

Ilove69 wrote:
oh, you caught on to that did you?! - Haha, I did that on purpose to see if someone would catch it, and you did... ROFL
we're really not that stupid
Regards,
sleepy

IRC Quotes
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

<Legend-tony980> GhostHawk, what is a bot?
<GhostBot> a user without a soul
contact info

StrikeForcer
Spike
Spike

Postby StrikeForcer » Sat May 16, 2015 12:59 pm

mechamind wrote:

Same fucking thing with making a game as it is exercising the right to free speech.
FallingSnow wrote: To quote ExtraCredits on youtube.com:
Now understand, this doesn't mean that these games have no right to be made. Every game has the right to be expressed, but that doesn't mean we have to give them a megaphone; it doesn't mean we have to reward them financially; and it doesn't mean that stores operated by private companies are obligated to carry them.
As much as I really do not want to listen to hypocrites like the Extra Credits team because of how they strawman their points, they have a point regarding controversial games (the subject matter happens to be the game known as Hatred in that video) and giving them a platform, but I was turned off by the fact that controversial games being the exception to be freely made when it comes to games being an art form is what is conveyed in that video (hypocrisy, basically as to what the video highlights).
Last edited by StrikeForcer on Sat May 16, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Join Insectduel's forum today!: http://insectduel.proboards.com/

Aristo
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: they/them

Postby Aristo » Sat May 16, 2015 1:03 pm

StrikeForcer wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBuSx1gdGTE

I am of the opinion that Steam does not have the right to remove games that disagree with the platform's political ideology, as tasteless and daring the game may be. The statement Skaldic Games made in response to the takedown raises a lot of points and highlights how sensitive we are with politically incorrect messages.
Wtf I wanted to play that game...
Run before you walk, fly before you crawl.

Ilove69
Banned

Postby Ilove69 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:07 pm

sleepy wrote:
Ilove69 wrote:
we're really not that stupid

By the looks of it, some, or most, of you people are...

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:34 pm

You're really making yourself look bad with your general attitude and comments on this thread. I highly suggest you stop otherwise your reputation here will be tarnished.

Ilove69
Banned

Postby Ilove69 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:You're really making yourself look bad with your general attitude and comments on this thread. I highly suggest you stop otherwise your reputation here will be tarnished.
Hahahahahaha, only, if only you idiots knew who I was....

Return to “Archives”