SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Posts: 7112
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby PixelPest » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:36 pm

King Godzilla wrote:I was playing the Mario Challenge but then, the pipe glitch occurred when I tried to go in the pipe as Mega Man.
Can you further explain "pipe glitch"? What exactly happened? And was it a pipe in a level or in the hub?

loop13
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 pm
Flair: professional moron

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby loop13 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:45 pm

PixelPest wrote:
King Godzilla wrote:I was playing the Mario Challenge but then, the pipe glitch occurred when I tried to go in the pipe as Mega Man.
Can you further explain "pipe glitch"? What exactly happened? And was it a pipe in a level or in the hub?
Probably a glitch similar to the glitch caused when entering a pipe with a Venus Fire Trap in a certain location(somewhere in those lines...) :| :geek:
i kinda wish i could erase my history of being cringey before 2020 lmao

... chances are if you ask me anything it'll have to be on discord; i dont come on my forum account

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4615
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Electriking » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:48 pm

Are the levels in the Mario challenge just randomly generated based on certain parameters?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.

User avatar
underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Posts: 4463
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby underFlo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:50 pm

King of Eterity wrote:Are the levels in the Mario challenge just randomly generated based on certain parameters?
They're randomly picked from the episodes you have installed.
im a girl yo

User avatar
timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:44 pm
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:56 pm

this was the moment i was waiting for. At least some new characters didn't look like re-skins of Peach afterwards.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Image
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!
Image
Image

User avatar
timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:44 pm
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:00 pm

Quill wrote:
snoruntpyro wrote:BUT HOWKWAKREW OTAME WHERE IS THE FROGSUIT AND KIRBY???????????????????????
don't forget playable waluigi, inexcusable

please don't kill me horikawa
The only thing the frog suit does is improving swimming mechanics. Also, Kirby would be kind of difficult; they would have to add all sorts of enemies from kirby.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Image
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!
Image
Image

User avatar
Prado
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Prado » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:53 pm

I tried all GPU emulation options and none worked.

PLEASE, is there any way to replace the invisible GFX in my own SMBX with non-frameBufferObject?
Discord server to play SMBX online via Parsec!

https://discord.gg/FftYYMv

User avatar
Hoeloe
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:58 pm

Prado wrote:I tried all GPU emulation options and none worked.

PLEASE, is there any way to replace the invisible GFX in my own SMBX with non-frameBufferObject?
No, sadly. That's not how OpenGL works. It's not "invisible GFX". The sprites themselves aren't framebuffer objects, framebuffer objects are how the graphics are rendered. I'm afraid there's not much we can do, since this suggests your graphics card is either damaged or more than about 10 years out of date.

User avatar
Prado
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Prado » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Prado wrote:I tried all GPU emulation options and none worked.

PLEASE, is there any way to replace the invisible GFX in my own SMBX with non-frameBufferObject?
No, sadly. That's not how OpenGL works. It's not "invisible GFX". The sprites themselves aren't framebuffer objects, framebuffer objects are how the graphics are rendered. I'm afraid there's not much we can do, since this suggests your graphics card is either damaged or more than about 10 years out of date.
I know that sprites aren't objects, I mean... is there any way to modify the Lua files in my episode/level to disable the use of OpenGL stuff and then replace with another sprite processing method.
Discord server to play SMBX online via Parsec!

https://discord.gg/FftYYMv

User avatar
snoruntpyro
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 am
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby snoruntpyro » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:12 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote: The only thing the frog suit does is improving swimming mechanics. Also, Kirby would be kind of difficult; they would have to add all sorts of enemies from kirby.
Image
Spoiler: show
Image
Spoiler: show
Image

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig
Posts: 5806
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Mable » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:19 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:this was the moment i was waiting for. At least some new characters didn't look like re-skins of Peach afterwards.
How a simple subject changes his mind about something after it's released.. astonishing.

User avatar
Hoeloe
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Prado wrote: I know that sprites aren't objects, I mean... is there any way to modify the Lua files in my episode/level to disable the use of OpenGL stuff and then replace with another sprite processing method.
No. OpenGL is built into the engine, and required for a lot of things that 2.0 offers. Unfortunately, you'll probably have to upgrade your card (you don't need it to be top of the line, just not dying from old age).

User avatar
Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:17 pm
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:38 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Quill wrote:
snoruntpyro wrote:BUT HOWKWAKREW OTAME WHERE IS THE FROGSUIT AND KIRBY???????????????????????
don't forget playable waluigi, inexcusable

please don't kill me horikawa
The only thing the frog suit does is improving swimming mechanics. Also, Kirby would be kind of difficult; they would have to add all sorts of enemies from kirby.
They wouldn't have to add any Kirby enemies, Kirby could just get powers from regular enemies (sorta like yoshi)
My Project: Coming Soon!
Image
Image
Image
I support
Spoiler: show
Image
ImageImage Image
Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Prado
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Prado » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Prado wrote: I know that sprites aren't objects, I mean... is there any way to modify the Lua files in my episode/level to disable the use of OpenGL stuff and then replace with another sprite processing method.
No. OpenGL is built into the engine, and required for a lot of things that 2.0 offers. Unfortunately, you'll probably have to upgrade your card (you don't need it to be top of the line, just not dying from old age).
Thank you for all! And sorry for making you lose your time.

Who needs Samus, Mega Man and King Dedede anyway
Discord server to play SMBX online via Parsec!

https://discord.gg/FftYYMv

User avatar
timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:44 pm
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Mable wrote:
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:this was the moment i was waiting for. At least some new characters didn't look like re-skins of Peach afterwards.
How a simple subject changes his mind about something after it's released.. astonishing.
To be fair, in the Older Versions of SMBX, Rosalina used to be a re-skin of Peach. That's what i saw went deep insied "The Invasion" episode.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Image
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!
Image
Image

User avatar
Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Posts: 1826
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:16 pm

PROX wrote:Final bug I found is that the ghost house back wall bgo and bgo-79 overlap sizeables for some reason.
Please carefully check the order priorities of BGOs:
http://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/SMBX64#Backg ... rray_order
BGOs under sizables are BGOs lower than "background-1" layer (lower than 25).
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

NewOneZ
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:52 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby NewOneZ » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:57 am

This looks nice. And of course i have an old video card, so if this doesn't work, i'll couninue to use 1.3.0.1.
This is a signature. And yes, thats a signature, too.

Creepermon
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:55 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Creepermon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:32 am

And so it begins.
I can't wait to start using it!

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:02 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:34 am

NewOneZ wrote:This looks nice. And of course i have an old video card, so if this doesn't work, i'll couninue to use 1.3.0.1.
Really basically any video card made within the last.... 10-15 years maybe? is fine.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig
Posts: 5806
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Mable » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:31 am

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Mable wrote:
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:this was the moment i was waiting for. At least some new characters didn't look like re-skins of Peach afterwards.
How a simple subject changes his mind about something after it's released.. astonishing.
To be fair, in the Older Versions of SMBX, Rosalina used to be a re-skin of Peach. That's what i saw went deep insied "The Invasion" episode.
That's because there was no other way to do that before 2.0 started existing.


Return to “Archives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests