SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8741
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:01 am

I just tried replicating the error on my Beta 3 copy. It works just fine there. Do you have anything that might make your installation non-standard?
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

1230m 1
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:02 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby 1230m 1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:31 am

Enjl wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:01 am
I just tried replicating the error on my Beta 3 copy. It works just fine there. Do you have anything that might make your installation non-standard?
No. From the only difference that I noticed - unpacking with "WinRar" and not "7Zip" (here as I remember it was advised to unpack).

Now I will try to download from another mirror and unpack using 7zip.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8741
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:33 am

Should be fine still. Odd. Maybe the mirror was off, yeah. If another one works, can you specify which one didn't work?
Also, make sure to not extract over your existing installation when testing a different mirror.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

1230m 1
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:02 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby 1230m 1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:39 am

Downloaded from another mirrors (on this time - Mega). Unpacked with 7Zip. But the errors still remained

Added in 7 minutes 48 seconds:
Enjl wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:33 am
Should be fine still. Odd. Maybe the mirror was off, yeah. If another one works, can you specify which one didn't work?
Also, make sure to not extract over your existing installation when testing a different mirror.
One question. Need exactly OpenGL 2.0 or can I use SMBX2 with all its features, having later versions of OpenGL?

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8741
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:48 am

OpenGL is backwards compatible with older versions.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

1230m 1
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:02 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby 1230m 1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:55 am

I tried downloading from different mirrors and unpacking by different methods. Nothing worked.

Added in 6 minutes 29 seconds:
Enjl wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:48 am
OpenGL is backwards compatible with older versions.
Quite a strange idea. But can you upload your version MarioChallenge? Maybe this replacement will help.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8741
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 am

My copy of Beta 3 is completely unaltered, so it would be extremely weird if this changed something.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z0l6yT ... sp=sharing
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

1230m 1
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:02 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby 1230m 1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:19 am

Enjl wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 am
My copy of Beta 3 is completely unaltered, so it would be extremely weird if this changed something.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z0l6yT ... sp=sharing
You were right. It's not working.

User avatar
Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Why is there so few flying enemies with jump hurt if you land on them? I found a flying spiny and a bat. Was the Mario series this lacking in this area because looking outside of beta4 and smbx I only see phantom and the flying blooper. I am just wondering if any one else noticed this? Maybe I can give jump hurt to a Koopa so I have a "hazard" for the air similar to snalicorn for the ground.

Beta4 looks to be amazing with the number of stuff in it. Hopefully when it's released we can get more people interested in helping with beta5. I can't wait for the day we get urchin in beta5. I don't know about anyone else but I'm crazy about this game and the bugs and crashes and lack of polished stones when adding new stuff is what kept me from not really getting far but beta4 looks to change all of that. Thanks guys. I can't wait for this to come out.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

User avatar
Thessbmzocker
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:38 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Thessbmzocker » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:20 pm
Why is there so few flying enemies with jump hurt if you land on them? I found a flying spiny and a bat. Was the Mario series this lacking in this area because looking outside of beta4 and smbx I only see phantom and the flying blooper. I am just wondering if any one else noticed this? Maybe I can give jump hurt to a Koopa so I have a "hazard" for the air similar to snalicorn for the ground.
I can't think of too many enemies that are flying and hurt you if you jump on them. Only really Boos, Thwomps and the flying light circles from smb3 come to mind missing from this list. I think the enemy designers thought that flying enemies that you can't jump on are rather annoying to avoid/kill so theres usually just Boos or Thwomps around. But with SMBX its easy to make your own. Just use flying enemies you dont need in that level, give them a spike or a complete unique sprite to make it obvious and turn on that option that the enemy cannot be jumped on. Voilá. Thats the magic of SMBX over Mario Maker... you can sort of create new NPCs and arent just limited to give them wings or a mushroom... I wish you could give Goombas a spike on their head in Mario Maker, and I dont mean just placing a Spiny on them because then the Goomba itself is still just a Goomba and can be jumped on should the Spiny fall off....
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

nomoshasori3453
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:31 am

The advertising in the new SMBX2 Beta 3 Gameplay Trailer looks fishy...

Postby nomoshasori3453 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:32 am

So i see you have the new website design, and finally added the previously rare to find Beta 2 version.
But the new "SMBX2 Beta 3 Gameplay Trailer" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-CmAeO ... e=youtu.be) is not really clear whats new, whats the lunalua originating from 1.3.0.2. This was also the issue in previous trailers, but since this one is only about gameplay footage, it make it even more confusing.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8741
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:21 am

nomoshasori3453 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:32 am
So i see you have the new website design, and finally added the previously rare to find Beta 2 version.
But the new "SMBX2 Beta 3 Gameplay Trailer" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-CmAeO ... e=youtu.be) is not really clear whats new, whats the lunalua originating from 1.3.0.2. This was also the issue in previous trailers, but since this one is only about gameplay footage, it make it even more confusing.
The gameplay trailer isn't new. It was just previously on Horikawa's channel and I now host it on my own instead. It's merely the footage from the Beta 3 trailer, but unedited, so that it flows better as passive background video on the website.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

Goomba98
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Goomba98 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:48 pm

What's the difference between the non-sleepwalking Snailicorn and the Bully from vanilla SMBX? I thought those enemies were basically the same thing.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8741
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:11 pm

Goomba98 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:48 pm
What's the difference between the non-sleepwalking Snailicorn and the Bully from vanilla SMBX? I thought those enemies were basically the same thing.
The Snailicorn works like a Snailicorn and the Bully works like Redigit.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

bowserkoopa24
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Acess new NPC in latest PGE latest?

Postby bowserkoopa24 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:39 am

Where do i find the the all new NPCs, i can only find the new character, i uptated to latest version of the PGE/Moondust, i had to because of the awful bug.

Added in 28 minutes 40 seconds:
Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)
I also cannot find the new powerup...

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8741
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:02 pm

bowserkoopa24 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:08 am
Where do i find the the all new NPCs, i can only find the new character, i uptated to latest version of the PGE/Moondust, i had to because of the awful bug.

Added in 28 minutes 40 seconds:
Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)
I also cannot find the new powerup...
There are no new powerups. And in Beta 3 you can find the new NPCs through the Level Itembox. Bony Beetle, Maverick Thwomp, Starman, Magikoopa, Boo Circle, Boo Laser and Diagonal Podoboo are all there.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

bowserkoopa24
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby bowserkoopa24 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:13 pm

i can find some of these NPCs, are these all? (probably not)

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8741
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:23 pm

bowserkoopa24 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:13 pm
i can find some of these NPCs, are these all? (probably not)
The ones I mentioned are the NPCs we included in SMBX2 beta 3. At the time, we were unable to add npcs beyond ID 300.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

bowserkoopa24
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby bowserkoopa24 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:36 pm

how was the then 1.4 version able to do it in 2015? 5438A38A has more tallent than you?

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4489
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:38 pm

bowserkoopa24 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:36 pm
how was the then 1.4 version able to do it in 2015?
By being a completely different engine.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF


Return to “Archives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron