SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Marsh_LolMelo
Goomba
Goomba

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Marsh_LolMelo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Dude, that game its the best of all SMBX world! Good Job!
Image Image Image
ImageBoogumelo, hehe, do u like Cats and Mario? Meow! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats a NYAN MARIO >:3 :D :D :D :D
Do you like a Ghot Mushroom? BooooooooImage

Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer

Postby Amyrakunejo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Dang guys, I've been caught out. My parents had to use the laptop and found out I play games on it, so, well... No more SMBX for me, at least until I get my own gaming computer, idk when that will be. It's a big shame that a lot of the proper good games like SMBX are PC exclusives, but now I guess I have to wait for Super Mario Maker Switch, if that would ever be a thing...
I still have my worlds and levels hidden on my USB stick however, so next time I play I won't have to restart completely. Thx for all the help guys, and I hope SMBX isn't taken down before I can redownload again. :(
Well, fuck a duck. We have yet another set of SJW parents. Ugh. Sorry about that, dear.

I'd suggest using library computers, as those are free, but...
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

"Is there really a choice for us, or are we always, sometimes monsters?"

What my POTATO PC can run with little to no issues:
SMBX 1.3, SMBX 2 Beta 3, RM2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace
What it struggles with:
NSMBX, SMBX 2 Beta 4, RMMV

Public Enemy Number 1
Rex
Rex

Postby Public Enemy Number 1 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Marsh_LolMelo wrote:Dude, that game its the best of all SMBX world! Good Job!
Welcome, Marsh_LolMelo!
I exist. That is all

Goomba98
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Goomba98 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:59 pm

Amyrakunejo wrote:Well, fuck a duck. We have yet another set of SJW parents. Ugh. Sorry about that, dear.

I'd suggest using library computers, as those are free, but...
And this is why I'm glad my parents don't care about what I download from the internet (unless I happen to get malware, in which case my dad gets angry because he has to reinstall my OS).

FernandoPlayer7
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: KoGaMa is a great game!

Postby FernandoPlayer7 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:51 am

"1.3 is better!" *sees everything in the trailer* "no way! 2.0 is better!"
(put random text here)

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a over nine thousand character limit.

Sorry, i like memes

AlphaFenix
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby AlphaFenix » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:09 am

Marsh_LolMelo wrote:Dude, that game its the best of all SMBX world! Good Job!
There will be more!

My project!

Goomba98
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Goomba98 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:39 am

Considering Maverick Thwomps debuted in SMB3, wouldn't it make more sense for them to use their SMB3 graphics by default?
Also, how about giving Swoopers their flutter sound?

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby The0x539 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 am

Goomba98 wrote:Considering Maverick Thwomps debuted in SMB3, wouldn't it make more sense for them to use their SMB3 graphics by default?
Maybe it does. They're still gonna use SMW graphics, though. Similarly, the Snake Block will be green.

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Murphmario » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:50 pm

I looked at the dev discord, and I would like to point out that in the actual SMW, Wigglers don't fall off ledges in any circumstance (maybe when too many sprites are colliding, but that's a rare circumstance that I think only happens in Yoshi's Island 2 with the Koopas at the start of the stage).
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Murphmario wrote:I looked at the dev discord, and I would like to point out that in the actual SMW, Wigglers don't fall off ledges in any circumstance (maybe when too many sprites are colliding, but that's a rare circumstance that I think only happens in Yoshi's Island 2 with the Koopas at the start of the stage).
I know. Regardless I think it would be fun seeing levels built around wigglers being able to hunt you down when angry. Cliffturn can be activated though for the authentic experience.
Also if you look at the dev chat you can also write stuff about it in #smbx2 directly lol. It's faster than forum posts.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

ELY_M
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby ELY_M » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:19 pm

my gamepad works fine in smbx 1.44.
when I tried setting up gamepad on smbx 2.0 beta 3. it seem dont see gamepad.
any way to fix this? or is it a bug?

Anthony Valle
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Anthony Valle » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:50 pm

I haven´t played SMBX 2.0 Beta 3 for a while due to the problem the it doesn´t launch when i attempt to play an episode, is there any solution for this problem?
Read your bible everyday guys!
I support SMBX 1.3.0.1
I support Platformer Game Engine (PGE) by Wolhstand
I support Lunalua by Kevsoft
I support SMBX 2.0 by Horikawa Otane

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Projects In support:

Geometry Dash profile:

Clash of Clans profile:

snoruntpyro
Pokey
Pokey

Postby snoruntpyro » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:18 pm

Goomba98 wrote:Considering Maverick Thwomps debuted in SMB3, wouldn't it make more sense for them to use their SMB3 graphics by default?
I made them have SMW graphics by default for the facial expressions SMW thwomps have that SMB3 ones don't, in case anyone wanted to use them.
Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show

Static
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Static » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:16 pm

I have a problem with SMBX2 that may be unsolvable and exclusive to me. So I downloaded it and within a minute or two, it was done. When I went to unzip the file, it was taking quite some time, so I simply left my laptop open and left for the day. When I got back home, I found that it had barely made progress. The files were being extracted at a rapid rate, yet the progress bar had barely moved. I thought that this was odd, so I left my laptop on for the night as I fell asleep. Anyway, fast-forward a few DAYS, and it hadn't made any visible progress. I finally just cancelled the unzipping progress because it wasn't working and I wanted to finally let my laptop rest. Does anyone know what is causing this or how to fix it?
Fuzzy

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby The0x539 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:19 pm

Static wrote:I have a problem with SMBX2 that may be unsolvable and exclusive to me. So I downloaded it and within a minute or two, it was done. When I went to unzip the file, it was taking quite some time, so I simply left my laptop open and left for the day. When I got back home, I found that it had barely made progress. The files were being extracted at a rapid rate, yet the progress bar had barely moved. I thought that this was odd, so I left my laptop on for the night as I fell asleep. Anyway, fast-forward a few DAYS, and it hadn't made any visible progress. I finally just cancelled the unzipping progress because it wasn't working and I wanted to finally let my laptop rest. Does anyone know what is causing this or how to fix it?
Sounds odd. What archiver are you using?

Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer

Postby Amyrakunejo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Static wrote:I have a problem with SMBX2 that may be unsolvable and exclusive to me. So I downloaded it and within a minute or two, it was done. When I went to unzip the file, it was taking quite some time, so I simply left my laptop open and left for the day. When I got back home, I found that it had barely made progress. The files were being extracted at a rapid rate, yet the progress bar had barely moved. I thought that this was odd, so I left my laptop on for the night as I fell asleep. Anyway, fast-forward a few DAYS, and it hadn't made any visible progress. I finally just cancelled the unzipping progress because it wasn't working and I wanted to finally let my laptop rest. Does anyone know what is causing this or how to fix it?
Use 7zip. This is one of the fastest archiving tools I've ever known; of course, I don't know if it exists for platforms aside from Windows...
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

"Is there really a choice for us, or are we always, sometimes monsters?"

What my POTATO PC can run with little to no issues:
SMBX 1.3, SMBX 2 Beta 3, RM2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace
What it struggles with:
NSMBX, SMBX 2 Beta 4, RMMV

Static
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Static » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Amyrakunejo wrote:
Static wrote:stuff
Use 7zip. This is one of the fastest archiving tools I've ever known; of course, I don't know if it exists for platforms aside from Windows...
I was using 7zip.
Fuzzy

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:35 pm

Static wrote:
Amyrakunejo wrote:
Static wrote:stuff
I was using 7zip.
Sounds like your computer is shit, except then I realise it only took minutes to download from MEGA. Maybe your computer has had a bad few days. Is this a problem when extracting other files?
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Static
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Static » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Electriking wrote:
Static wrote:
Amyrakunejo wrote:
I was using 7zip.
Sounds like your computer is shit, except then I realise it only took minutes to download from MEGA. Maybe your computer has had a bad few days. Is this a problem when extracting other files?
No, it usually extracts other files within minutes. It seems to be exclusive to SMBX2.
Fuzzy

Goomba98
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Goomba98 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Can you possibly add the Pidgits from SMB2 in Beta 4?

Return to “Archives”