SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
loop13
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: I mainly play Celeste nowadays

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby loop13 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:19 pm

DJFMHD wrote:What is that Penguin costume for peach, Is it the Linux Penguin.
It's Tux, according to the costumes.txt file.
Hello, I make a lot of typos
specific people know my whereabouts though

my wifi is as useful as a brick

im more active on discord

:idea: I'm not (completely) dead; I rarely talk because I usually have nothin to say; I'll talk when I actually have a comment I want to make, or if someone asks me somethin...

nostalgia is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

anything before 2020 is most likely me being a weirdo or an idiot.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright

Postby DJFMHD » Wed May 31, 2017 2:47 pm

Jayce 777 wrote:
It's Tux, according to the costumes.txt file.
Thanks.
hey

Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer

Postby Amyrakunejo » Wed May 31, 2017 6:08 pm

TheDinoKing wrote: Shows Juni
Vote cast. She stays.

I'll just port her and her code to the next one. I'll be fine with a custom sprite since 78% are voting her off... (shame but Straw Poll is not a trustworthy site at all and I know because of witnesses on Eka's)
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

"Is there really a choice for us, or are we always, sometimes monsters?"

What my POTATO PC can run with little to no issues:
SMBX 1.3, SMBX 2 Beta 3, RM2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace
What it struggles with:
NSMBX, SMBX 2 Beta 4, RMMV

Banana666
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Banana666 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:57 am

Can you play with a playstation 3 controller?

Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Dr Vivian » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:07 am

I've always wondered why Juni's silhouette looks like...Absol. I mean, not really, but it makes me think of Absol.

Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Amyrakunejo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:59 pm

Banana666 wrote:Can you play with a PlayStation 3 controller?
If one has the appropriate drivers installed to use a PS3 controller, you would just map the buttons to the specific controls.

Basically, one would do this the same way as any similar controller configuration (like with my Logitech Dual Action which has the exact same button layout).

I have Square as Alt. Jump, X as Jump, Circle as Shoot, and L1 as Alt. Shoot. I have the left thumbstick set to movement.
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

What it struggles with:

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...

Postby Ecruteak » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:04 am

Hey, dudes. I thought I'd pick up SMBX 2.0 to try, but I'm having issues extracting the file. WinRAR doesn't seem to want to work. Is there, perhaps, a variant of this file that has a different file extension?
Ambiguously active.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:46 am

Ecruteak wrote:Hey, dudes. I thought I'd pick up SMBX 2.0 to try, but I'm having issues extracting the file. WinRAR doesn't seem to want to work. Is there, perhaps, a variant of this file that has a different file extension?
Use 7-Zip
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:13 am

Here is the core concept for Juni since people don't seem to know how she works.
Willhart wrote:Juni Core Concept
This character is mainly made for metroidvania style levels, and to give level makers some easy tools for character progression for those. Her main strength is on the more unlinear levels that may have more explorative gameplay elements. This is mostly done by giving her a large growth potential via the many different movement power-ups she can collect. She is very small in size and starts really weak, but as you collect more of her abilities, her movement range will exceed that of almost any other character. You can also define which of the power-ups she starts with, to make her viable on normal levels easier too. Also the different power-up combinations can make for some neat and varied gameplay too.

Juni is the main character from the game "Knytt Stories" by NIfflas Nygren. The character should be ready in her current state, but it could be neat to give her more power-ups too, that may not have appeared in the original games. Something like a spinjump and snorkel that allows you to swim in water could be two good examples. Do post if you have custom power-up ideas too.

He current power-up list.
  • SMB3 mushroom - run powerup.
  • SMB1 fireflower - save point. (Press down in front of this to save state)
  • SMB3 fireflower - double jump.
  • SMB3 leaf - wallclimb.
  • SMB3 hammersuit - umbrella. (Float in the air)
  • SMB1 Mushroom - highjump
  • SMB3 Tanooki - hologram. (Temporary invincibility)
  • SMB1 Hammer trigger - eye. (See invisible - can be changed to any other sprite too)

This character was made by the combined effort of me and Wasabi.

I also have Horikawa's permission to post this.
I agree she definitely needs a lot more work, but I also think that she would still be fun to play as once fixed. Especially with the wall climb and double jump allowing for some meatboy style level design. The main thing was to have a character that could collect permanent power-ups, and unlock new areas to go that way.

Oh, here is also me playing a regular level as her.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:49 am

The idea is cool but I'd rather make a metroidvania Mario episode.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:04 pm

DJFMHD wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
What?
What do you mean what?
I didn't know of the Penguin Peach costume, so I just assumed you were mentioning something from 1.4. My bad!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Amyrakunejo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Willhart wrote:Here is the core concept for Juni since people don't seem to know how she works.
Willhart wrote:Juni Core Concept
This character is mainly made for metroidvania style levels, and to give level makers some easy tools for character progression for those. Her main strength is on the more nonlinear levels that may have more exploratory gameplay elements. This is mostly done by giving her a large growth potential via the many different movement power-ups she can collect. She is very small in size and starts really weak, but as you collect more of her abilities, her movement range will exceed that of almost any other character. You can also define which of the power-ups she starts with, to make her viable on normal levels easier too. Also the different power-up combinations can make for some neat and varied gameplay too.

Juni is the main character from the game "Knytt Stories" by NIfflas Nygren. The character should be ready in her current state, but it could be neat to give her more power-ups too, that may not have appeared in the original games. Something like a spin-jump and snorkel that allows you to swim in water could be two good examples. Do post if you have custom power-up ideas too.

Her current power-up list.
  • SMB3 mushroom - run powerup.
  • SMB1 fireflower - save point. (Press down in front of this to save state)
  • SMB3 fireflower - double jump.
  • SMB3 leaf - wallclimb.
  • SMB3 hammersuit - umbrella. (Float in the air)
  • SMB1 Mushroom - highjump
  • SMB3 Tanooki - hologram. (Temporary invincibility)
  • SMB1 Hammer trigger - eye. (See invisible - can be changed to any other sprite too)

This character was made by the combined effort of me and Wasabi.

I also have Horikawa's permission to post this.
I agree she definitely needs a lot more work, but I also think that she would still be fun to play as once fixed. Especially with the wall climb and double jump allowing for some meatboy style level design. The main thing was to have a character that could collect permanent power-ups, and unlock new areas to go that way.

Oh, here is also me playing a regular level as her.
Way neat. Thanks for posting this.

What it struggles with:

Jashthefuntime
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Jashthefuntime » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Horikawa otane,it's sooooo amazing!i played,it's so cool!My favourite thing it's i can add my custom playables in the costume folder(well,excluded rosalina,klonoa,etc...)good job,so...a question:will be come a beta 4?or this is the Official?
P.S. guys,how do you have the Profile image so big?i can only have a little image!
Image Image

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Jashthefuntime wrote:Horikawa otane,it's sooooo amazing!i played,it's so cool!My favourite thing it's i can add my custom playables in the costume folder(well,excluded rosalina,klonoa,etc...)good job,so...a question:will be come a beta 4?or this is the Official?
P.S. guys,how do you have the Profile image so big?i can only have a little image!
I already asked that question dozens of times, i'm pretty sure it's august or earlier or later.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Jashthefuntime wrote:Horikawa otane,it's sooooo amazing!i played,it's so cool!My favourite thing it's i can add my custom playables in the costume folder(well,excluded rosalina,klonoa,etc...)good job,so...a question:will be come a beta 4?or this is the Official?
There will be a beta 4 in the future, and many upcoming features have been shown for it in this thread.

Also, you can upload any image up to 200x200 pixels as your avatar by going to the User Control Panel under your username in the top right of any forum page.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Beta 4 will be happening (It's probably not in August though), and this isn't offical as in redigit has nothing to do with it.

Off-topic: By the way, could you please stop writing like that (Not putting a space after question/exclamation/punctation marks and commas) it's really hard to read and makes your post look like a mess. Also, your profile pic can be at least 200 pixels long.

Edit: Ninja'd by Pseudo.

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:32 pm

The projection for Beta 4 is late Summer afaik. You can watch for progress reports on the blog or on the Discodehaus Discord server which has multiple channels to discuss the progress of SMBX2 and find out more about what's happening directly from the devs including the claims sheet which shows all of the new NPCs (over 100) that are being worked on for Beta 4/are ready. Glad you're enjoying it!

Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: nyā (にゃー)

Postby Rhosty » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:33 pm

I think 2.0 beta 3 is an official version of SMBX, Beta 4 is a work in progress. About our profile pics, the maximum size is 200x200px, also your profile image appears broken: Image

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:34 pm

PixelPest wrote:The projection for Beta 4 is late Summer afaik. You can watch for progress reports on the blog or on the Discodehaus Discord server which has multiple channels to discuss the progress of SMBX2 and find out more about what's happening directly from the devs including the claims sheet which shows all of the new NPCs (over 100) that are being worked on for Beta 4/are ready. Glad you're enjoying it!
I'm still trying to be mature here so i can become unbanned though.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:35 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
PixelPest wrote:The projection for Beta 4 is late Summer afaik. You can watch for progress reports on the blog or on the Discodehaus Discord server which has multiple channels to discuss the progress of SMBX2 and find out more about what's happening directly from the devs including the claims sheet which shows all of the new NPCs (over 100) that are being worked on for Beta 4/are ready. Glad you're enjoying it!
I'm still trying to be mature here so i can become unbanned though.
And your constant mentioning of this is unrelated, immature, and completely unnecessary

Return to “Archives”